Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Good morning,

CL# 151 Athletic Conditioning plus SBF D 17 Upper Back Thigh and LB Mat w/Band is done.

Diane and Doreen - hope you have a great workout.

I am done for today. Have a great day.

Reactions: WD
Leg day today. I started with a 30 minute no repeat legs by Lindsay Bomgren. She is one of the GHUTV trainers but also does her own YT and blog where her workouts are posted for free. (Why do I pay for subscriptions I ask? So much good free content)

That didn't seem long enough so I loaded up FitSplit Legs and finished off my legs!! I had to stop on the pulsing elevated lunges as my legs were fried. I forget sometimes that Cathe's workouts don't give much break or rest between moves!! Not a full 20 seconds at any rate!

Fit BIt did terrible again. I cannot believe I was checking while doing cardio and it said 68. Then after the Hiit pyramid it was doing the same thing and after I sat down to put it in the workout manager I noticed my heart rate was 87 just sitting.
Workout was Cathe Live 101 Step and pump doing the warm up and step and blasts this time, 33 minutes, heart rate 112/156, 3,262 steps. I then did Perfect 30 bonus Hiit pyramid cardio 13 minutes, 50 calories, 2,059 steps, heart rate 97/141 ( did modify the jumps off and on the step) . I had to check my grandson and zoom and came back up and did Ice Low Impact Sweat #2 step as I wanted to see if the Fitbit would work any better after removing, wiping and putting it back on. This was 22 minutes as I skipped the warm up, 77 calories, heart rate 100/134, 77 calories,1,622 steps. I finished with Icy Core #2 15 minutes, 21 calories, heart rate 89/97, 56 steps.
Total time was 83 minutes, 298 calories, 5,999 steps.

Belinda, nice work today. Are you still doing STS?

Doreen, so many of those workouts look really good, but then when I check out the moves I am not sure I can do them like I used to. Like the one several days ago that had snatches, and swings. I always loved that type of work and the turkish get ups with a K bell. The one today looks like something I could probably do.

Good morning,

I did SBF D18 Ciruit Style Barre Cardio + Knee Dancing Target is done. I will do Cathe Live once it's live.

Diane - sorry about the Fit Bit. I only did M1 and M2. Decided to use CL instead.

Doreen - at least you didn't pay much for GHUTV. Her price for a membership is cheap compared to others. Linsey post her workouts on YouTube for a very long time. I like her as a trainer. I do her workout when something catches my eyes.

I will report back later.

Diane - Its the snatches and swings that make me love the GHUTV workouts - they seem to add them frequently. I could see how it would not work for you!

Belinda- yes- I think the price is so affordable - I may sign up for another year because they are super easy to sprinkle into a week and have good variety. I do think they are more intermediate.

So I signed up for a new clothing subscription last night. I tried Stich Fix a couple years ago and liked what they sent the first time but thought the price was too expensive to continue with another order. This promised to be between $5-$50 per piece so hopefully more in line with what I am willing to spend for clothes if the quality is there!

I am back. I ended up doing CL# 229 Ramped Up BC. Used my rebounder for the cardio. I agree, very fun workout.

Doreen - my DD singed up with Stich Fix. She is canceling her subscription. The first box she liked the other she didn't. What new clothing subscription did you sign up with?

Nadine West. I've seen several ads but haven't really heard anything about it. I'll let you know what I think when I get my first shipment.

Today I did Cathe Live #331 Opposites Attract,62 minutes (56 actual), heart rate 87/114, 1,024 steps, 112 calories. I then did Walk Strong 3 Total Body Stretch, 19 minutes, 20 calories 52 steps. Total time 81 minutes 133 calories, 1076 steps. Kelly filmed a hi/lo workout that she said would be put up on Raw the first part of the February.
Cathe Live # 331 Opposites Attract
56 minutes, weights, tubing, stability ball and mat higher rep
You just do your weights which I guess are timed and do not count repd
Warm Up with tubing and ending with push ups
Chest and Back
ball bench press 15# dbs
dumbbell rows 15# dbs
ball chest flies 15# dbs
band pulls
crossover push ups
pullover 15# dbs ( I used 12#dbs)

Biceps and Triceps
ball seated curls 12# dbs
ball seated overhead triceps extensions 12# dbs
Ball incline curls 10# dbs (changed to 15# dbs)
seesaw push up on ball
preacher curl on ball 12# dbs

Shoulders and abs
ball seated overhead press 12# dbs (me 8# dbs)
stir the pot using tubing
rear shoulders side lying on the ball 2 directions with 5# db
ball exchange
front raise/side raise 5# dbs
knee ins prone on ball
ball oblique twists seated on floor

Legs
15# dbs heels elevated
15# dbs toes elevated deadlifts
plie pulses and 1 1nd 1/2 15# db
crossback lunge all right then all left 15# db
quads seated on the floor holding stability on leg and doing lifts(tougher with a bosu ball)all right then repeat on left
hamstring roll ins with ball
tap walk heels on stability ball for break
supine tubing crossed around feet out thigh single and pulses

Doreen, a clothing subscription would be interesting. I miss the kettlebell work. I have so many kettlebell workouts just sitting here.

Belinda, nice work with SBF barre work today.

Hi,

I did my workout a while ago, just getting around to post. My son is leaving for TX tomorrow. I am already sad he is leaving.

I did CL# 284 Arms and Abs on the Ball is done. Had a great workout this morning. I also did SBF D19 UB 9 + UB band.

Diane - nice workout yesterday.

Doreen - have a great workout today.

I will be back tomorrow.

Today I started with Cathe Live #279, Express your step and finally gave up at 16 minutes when they took a water break, 64 calories, heart rate 103/125, 1,492 steps.
I then did Coffey Fit Raw Step 2 (after rebooting watch and cell phone) 41 minutes, heart rate 117/155(better), 184 calories, 3,713 steps.
I finished with Step Boss Abs #2 10 minutes 19 calories, heart rate 85/91, 175 steps and Ripped with Hiit Abs #1, 10 minutes, 19 calories, heart rate 88/102, 141 steps. Both I forgot what they entailed. Quite a lot of planks and plank jacks etc. Kind of hard on the shoulders. TOTAL TIME 77 minutes, 286 calories, 5,521 steps.

Belinda, nice work today with the Arms and Abs on the Ball. I wish that one was just arms and abs though. I understand how you must feel with your son moving so far away.

This morning was BoxFit - premix with boxing and legs. Its been a while so it was fun to do this one again. Funny how I used to think that Kelly wasn't hard enough for me - now they seem just about perfect intensity.

Yesterday I did Coffey Fit Raw Get Up and Move for extra fun warm up and Intervals #5 repeating some of it because I forgot to start the Fitbit back up when I paused after Get Up and Move so I figured out the calories for the extra 11 minutes and added them on, 44 minutes, 183 calories, 2436 steps. I then did Kelly's Body Fit dvd premix quick fix legs, 16 minutes(includes a warm up and stretch), 54 calories, 99/133 heart rate, 1,168 steps. Total time was 60 minutes, 237 calories, 3,104 steps. I had a house showing yesterday and today and also had to spend time troubleshooting my Anti virus and getting together a Whole Foods order. Getting things together for school this week in a bit. My dog has a vet appointment Friday and I keep seeing possible snow around the weekend. I hope that drops off or I will have to change it.

Doreen, I love Kelly's workouts, but it seems the newer ones are really at a nice intensity.

Last edited:
Good morning,

I did CL # 194 Vertical Loading 2 plus SBF this morning.

Thanks Diane! I am really glad we spent so much time together. I miss him so much already. With covid it's difficult to travel. How is the house hunting going?

Doreen - did you start on your kitchen renovations? Great job!

See you all tomorrow.

This morning I did Cathe Live TIme to Hiit it Low Impact 37 minutes, heart rate 106/127, 149 calories, 3,420 steps. My grandson came late so we had to skip zoom so I had to do his lessons all on my own with him. He read while I finished that one and then afterward I went back and did Cathe Live Hiit 40/20 Low Impact hoping for better readings. I only did 25 minutes because that is all I had time for and to leave a few minutes for stretching. I burned 109 calories with this one and heart rate was 115/ 141, 2,275 steps. I finished off with Perfect 30 mobility basics timesaver strength stretch, 10 minutes, 11 calories, heart rate 89/98, 18 steps. Total time spent was 72 minutes, 269 calories, 5,713 steps.
I loosened my Fitbit a bit on the second workout and it did jump up in heart rate, but apparently it didn't stay up enough. I did not do all of the squat thrusts and moves on my arms, but did the high knees tap feet standing and that type of stuff. My neck and upper back hurt on one side this morning again.

Belinda, nice work with Vertical Loading and SB today. House hunting is slow I guess. We look, think we find one we like and someone else buys it or they won't budge on their price. We have had quite a few people look at our house, but nothing yet. Comments are good on ours. Yes, covid can be a real travel problem.

Belinda- funny - yes- I came home yesterday and my husband had started taking cabinets down on one wall and moved the fridge to where it will be post remodel! I think it will still be a while before the cabinets are ready for install.

My daughter's volleyball tournament got cancelled again - COVID restrictions. I'm so tired of it all. Just let the kids play!

Today I did SBF D23 Feel Good Arms + Cardio plus Plank Target. I am tired today. I was going to do a CL workout, not feeling it today. Maybe I will try to do a CL after lunch? We got hammered with a lot of snow. Can't go for a walk either.

Doreen - that's funny! It's a start. Eventually you will have a beautiful kitchen. Are you installing the cabinets yourself? I really would love to get a white modern kitchen. My cabinets are not very cold, just don't like them. I am looking for 80' or larger white modern TV media console/sideborad. Everything I like is so expensive.

Diane - sorry the house hunting is slow. I think it's a seller's market. My son told me in TX, houses go very fast. Although he bought a brand new house. They are moving in on Thursday. It's a beautiful house. I am sure eventually you will find some in your price range.

I had a busy day again as we had two house lookers today along with everything else. I did Coffey Fit Raw new Ladder workout 54 minutes, 119 calories, heart rate 94/128, 1,478 steps. I also did Cathe Fit Split Low Impact Cardio premix 28 minutes, heart rate 103/136, 102 calories, 2,086 steps. I wanted some stretching so did Perfect 30 Flow mix of both 35 minutes, heart rate 85/105, 41 calories, 162 steps. Total time spent was 1 hour 53 minutes, 262 calories , 3,726 steps. I tried to put my exercise in MFP and it pops up and vanishes every time I try to put it in. Guess I will have to do it tomorrow or something.

Coffey Fit Raw Ladders 52 minutes
14 functional moves up the ladder, then back down the ladder, (you can stop here) or go back up the ladder Kelly uses 15# dbs and 8# dbs , 45 seconds each move
warm up 4:27 minutes
1. squats 15# dbs
2. no weight genie squats with a twist
3. plank/ renegade row/ lunge 15# dbs
4. bentover run row stand repeat....8# dbs
5. double arm supination curl 15# dbs
6.upper cuts 8# dbs
7. lateral/front raise 8# dbs
8. alternating upright row 15# dbs
9. alternating reverse lunges 15# dbs
10. front lunge/reach no weight
floor
11. skull crusher to sit up 8# dbs

Doreen, I think they should let up on these children. The soccer place up the street is obviously running and when we go to the park there are loads of people and children out enjoying being outdoors. The children need to be out doing sports and activities with other children. I bet you are anxious to get the kitchen project done.

Belinda, nice work today. I didn't even look at CL today. Maybe tomorrow though. I want to do a good just cardio workout without weights, burpees, and squat thrusts.
That is the problem with us, as we want things that are rather expensive to do our projects so they are put on the back burner. We took down vertical blinds in our bedroom tonight and put up a curtain over the sliding glass doors. I know we are selling, but people open the blinds and they hang up on the carpet because they are a bit too long. I always hated those blinds. They were old and copper colored. I took the ones off myself on the other window in the master bedroom, but it was so much work I only got past the header on the ones we took down today and stopped.

Good morning,

I just did yoga with Morning Yoga Movement D2 w/Kassandra on YT. DD and I am doing the 30 day challenge. I need more stretching. So far, I like it. Short and sweet. I also did SBF D24 Tights and Booty. I will try to get a CL workout in later this afternoon. ChuChu kept us up all night long. He has diarrhea, been cleaning up after him since midnight. Had to order a new carpet cleaner mine broke last night. I am tired.

Diane - I hear you on doing cardio without weights, burpees, and squat thrusts. We also have lots of project undone. Don't feel bad. Great job yesterday.

I will be back to catch up on personals.

Hi,

Today I did 10 min Yoga + SBF Interval + CL # 333. Very fun workout. Lots of core work in this one. Cathe showed modifications for the higher impact too. Loved it. Will definitely do this one again. I enjoy CL more than I ever thought I would. Love her workouts.

Diane - good luck with your house.

Doreen - what color is your new kitchen?

That's it for me today. Have a great day and workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.