Lifting like girls

Tom, I saw that Cathe's most recent Live was Mish Mosh Legs. I think she's trying to cure you of your IHLDA status!!! If you want to be a true commando bra you got to join us sistas and embrace the leg burn! ;) In other news, reading your shoulder workout made me want to cry. It looked tough! Do you get to be with the grand kiddies this Halloween?

Justine, what the what? You killed it! So awesome. How do you even move after such a wicked bad ass weight session? I'm thinking you could carry a car containing all of us. That's a good compromise between Karen and Tom's ideas. What Halloween costumes did your little friends wear?

Karen, I would skip HoCo or any other workout for a Cathe Live leg workout. She is at her best in the leg workouts, I think. I can't wait to do that one next week. Do you get to see most of your grand kiddies live in costume this Halloween?

Roz, how ya doin'?

Yesterday was PS Back and Biceps. Today was Kelly Coffey Meyer Get Ready Step Go. I imagine tomorrow will be a Cathe Live of some sort--metabolic or total body most likely (that's kind of a legit plan, right Justine?).

Minnie Mouse, Tinkerbell, and I have been super busy with Halloween parties and parades. I've definitely needed Cafe Americanos to power me through!!! This year we bought candy that I don't like so I haven't had a single bite of candy. Just not craving it this year at all. Cookie Butter is a different story...

Lisa

Tom, to be honest, HoCo has a huge dread factor for me. I only do it because I'm going to conquer it if it kills me, (may happen) and it's the best thing to happen to my abs in many years.
Tonight I will be doing HoCo. Arrrrgggghhh!
Commando BROTHER of the SISTERHOOD, too funny, but it works. I don't know how you can get out of bed, after your ten mile walk, Justine!
Liz, are you still out there? What have you decided about Nia?
Lisa, I tried the cookie butter workout, last night. I could get in to that!
Keep workin' it, Roz, I know you are!
Have a fabulous day, everyone!

Thanks for checking! I started the dumbbell bodyweight rotation. I'm also adding in some Mark Lauren bodyweight on those days and on the days off from the rotation I'm throwing in Cathe so I get my fix :) I've been feeling some DOMS so having fun with it. They do seem short but I'm going to stick with it.

Arm day yay! Again went with trisets. tricep pushdowns 70#3 x10/BBcurl75# 3x10(makes me want to PUKE!!) tricep exts 35s 3x12 seated dumbbell curls 3x8 crossbody tri exts 30#x8 concentration curl 35# 3x8 then did 20 diamond pushups and 20 bicep isos for my 20 sets!(so Justine wont yell at me for not having a plan!)lol I finished with 2 sets of ab in and outs 30 20. It's painful to see my weights and to post, but kinda like therapy I guess. Really sort of looking forward to my med visit because Im still losing weight. I know I cant expect big #s when I'm doing my scarecrow impersonation, but to see what I'm using now on my lifts isn't fun. I have a young girl working with me who is 5'2" and if I were her height I would weigh about 100#!!! That's messed up!!! Lisa, I wont see the grandkids this week, but they are coming to Missouri in 2 weeks and will get some serious "Grampy squeezes" in then!! Off to a undergrad homecoming this weekend...have a super weekend all!

Great workouts, everyone!
I've been dealing with a sick toddler this week and haven't been feeling my best the last few days, either. I took two days off working out Thursday and Friday (yesterday), which was just what the dr ordered, I think. (I did squats on Wednesday, in case I didn't report it. It was a little rushed, what with being interrupted by a needy toddler!)
Today I did deadlifts, beginning my fourth and final week of GSF1 Phase 1. Next week I start phase 2. It's different from GSF2 Phase 2, Justine. Reps lower from Phase 1 (I think down to 5-7 from 8-10 or something.) Different variations, fun-looking stuff, with some explosive moves, but not as much conditioning-only as GSF2 Phase2. Deadlifts were 9x10 at 175#, one-arm strict presses with 20# then 15#, band pull-aparts, and some bodyweight glute bridges and hollow body planks (with toddler assistance for the last two). Later I did Atletica 1 (Ilaria). It's 40 mins, so total workout time for the day was probably 1h20. Long, but after two days off, felt OK.
Atletica 1 is great! Very met con. Some explosive moves. I started with 20s and was scrambling to switch them out for 15s half-way though. Definitely a goodie.
Maybe a powerstrike tomorrow -- I want to try as many Ilaria's workouts as I can this month while I have the 30-day on demand rental, since I likely won't renew. Not because I'm disappointed, I'm just not needing to pay $30/month for a service I sorta kinda use. Happy to be trying Ilaria but if I want On Demand I'll take Cathe and her extensive workout menu for $20.
OK, my services are needed (by DD) now, must run!
Happy Halloween to all!
Roz

Last edited:
Today was a body weight workout with a twist!! I decided to work chest, back, and legs. Started with bench. Warmed up with 115x5 135x2 then 160 (bodyweight 162, but a nice round #!!) 160 x 5 x 4 x 4 x 3 x 3 x 4 x 3x 2 (28 reps) I then did squats, again using 160 x 8 x 8 x 8 x 8 x 8 (40 reps) Then I kept the 160 and did 4 sets of calf raises x 25 x 20 x 15 x 10 (70 reps) =. Next was chin ups. I used a chain, climber loop, and added a 25# plate and did 20 reps x 4 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 2 x 2. I finished the weights with deadlifts again using 160 and did 4 x 5. This was suprising!! I never do deads and legs together and now I see why!!I thought I would do a long set of 20 (that would have been STUPID!), but it felt HEAVY after squats!!! I finished with 50 ab wheel roll outs 20 x 20 x 10. I plan to do arms and shoulders when I get back from the med stuff, Justine, I apologize for this w/o, I think it was an ADHD w/0 but was kinda fun! Karen, enjoy that can of WHOOPA$$ you're gonna open tonight!!! Hope this is a great start of a great week for all my warrior sistas!!!

Happy Monday everyone!
Karen, can't wait to hear your thoughts on GSF2.
Wow, Tom, killer workout! Whew, I'm tired just reading it.
Yesterday was ~30 mins of Powerstrike 1 (Ilaria) and 30 mins of yoga. A good combo. I couldn't finish the Powerstrike because, well, motherhood calls.
Today I am pretty tired so I did my GSF1 workout but didn't go too crazy. Tried to keep moving to keep the density up. Band-assisted pullups 63 over 8 I think. Farmer carries 10 x 40 yards 2x45# DBs. Two rounds of DB curls (2x20# for 50 reps over 2 sets) and DB side bends (1x45# for 40 reps each side over 2 sets). Quick n' dirty. Sometimes when I'm tired I think I should wait because I won't be able to crush it, but really it's OK to have back-off days. Gotta remember that...
I don't care for Halloween candy but I ate enough dark chocolate to make up for it. ;)
Hi to everyone! Lisa, I hope you had a great holiday with Tink and the gang! :D
High fives and hearty back pats all around,
Roz
P.S. I'm going to get myself a lifting belt. A pink one. Maybe I'll add my own rhinestones.

Tom, I think the workout was a great idea. I'm definitely going to borrow that idea! I'm quite happy with making it all up as you go along....as long as you've planned to make it all up!

Karen, I'm very much looking forward to hearing your thoughts on gsf. And to know how many sets you end up doing.

Today was back to normal for me ( got rid of my guests [emoji57]) gsf2 . It started with 12 x10 Kb swings (22kg), then skater squats (12x8 each side) supersetted with suspended push ups ( love the feel, like a cross between flys and push ups), and finally Cossack lunges supersetted with Russian twists ( all a bit eastern block today... Maybe I should have done Bulgarian split squats too?). We'll have to see whether I get sore....

Day off tomorrow (walking).

I'm thinking I may need to fit in a bit more metabolic stuff. Too many treats over Halloween, and it's bonfire night the end of this week, so that'll be even worse! Parkin! Treacle toffee! Sausages and jacket potatoes. Yum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tom, sorry you didn't get to spend Halloween with the grand babies, but those 2 weeks until they visit will be gone in a flash! I'm sure you got lots of Halloween pics to tide you over. I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who hits puke status during workouts, and usually during UB. I don't think I've ever had it happen during a HiiT. I don't actually throw up but, ugh, that feeling! I liked reading today's ADHD workout. Those are the best!!! Fingers crossed you'll get some direction at your doc appt.

Roz, sorry to hear your little pumpkin was under the weather, and you too it sounds like! Glad you're feeling better. Whoa, $30 is expensive for those Ilaria workouts when you compare it to Cathe's prices and extensive library. Do you think you'll ever get any Ilaria DVDs? Please post a pic of your bedazzled weight belt. :) (Oh dang, just read that Karen beat me to the 'bedazzled' joke.)

Karen, let us know you like the GSF universe. I went all weekend without a single piece of Halloween candy. Not saying it to brag since I certainly still made my way through some other yummy stuff. We just bought candy I didn't like to pass out (Skittles, blech). I didn't want to eat those. Also both DDs got candy but nothing terrific. People seemed cheap this year. What really gets me is the people who put signs on their door saying "Sorry, no candy. We're out trick-or-treating." WTH? If you're out collecting candy you should at least leave a bowl on your doorstep. That's what we do. Rant over. ;)

Justine, excellent geographically-based workout today! Did your guests start to smell like fish? I can only handle guests for about 4 days. I'm way too set in my ways, no matter how much I love the guests! I love reading about your regional treats: parkin, treacle. Sounds much cooler than "I ate a Twix."

Saturday I did have a plan, Justine. I wanted to do PHA Training Live but our Internet bonked out. I ended up doing Flex Train. Ack, those triceps! She never stops! Sunday was rest, and today was Mish Mosh Live from last Thursday. So terrific!

Have a great day, all!

Lisa

Unfortunately I was dumb, and bought all my favorite candy for Halloween. Lots of chocolate. Love Peanut Butter Cups. (I know) My husband was home, he's a bad influence. He loves chocolate. I will definitely let you know how I get on with gsf. Good luck with your appt., Tom. My husband brought home a Starbucks cup from Amsterdam. Cheers all!

Karen

Karen, I love PB cups too, which is why I can't buy them. TJ's has the yummiest dark chocolate PB cups.

The Starbucks mugs from around the country/world is a great idea! I love collecting TJ's regional bags, but they definitely don't have those in Amsterdam. I'm going to start collecting some coffee cups as soon as I have children who allow me to start traveling again!!!

Lisa

Not sure bout the bedazzled pink belt Roz..my deads today we're kinda like marshmellow kabobs compared to yours! Maybe I'll wear the belt! Justine.not sure bout "planned ADHD, but I'll take it!! Karen, better drink after the w/o..you're w/o's are crazy enough with out doing them toasted!! Lisa,I at least saw their pics, and they were really cute!!I missed Halloween at home for the first time in 40 years!! We always give out sugar free gum..no decadence there, and no fun eating the leftovers!! Had trouble giving candy then charging to fix their teeth!!! Lol ...Really jealous of leftover peanut butter cups!! Thanks for the well wishes!

Last edited:
OK, I ordered my pink belt, everyone! Maybe I'll just keep it simple and skip the bling. We'll see. ;) I'll keep you posted.

Lisa, I doubt I'll buy Ilaria DVDs. I don't know, I always kinda regret buying DVDs, and feel I didn't get full use out of them. My recent purchases (Deepen Your Practice, Michelle Dozois BodyFit 360, etc.) are great but I just don't use them. I think I'd be more likely to do another 'Ilaria month' with On Demand than buy her DVDs. But I'll see.
And I agree -- those TJ's PB cups are awesome!

Should we just shuttle our extra holiday treats in Tom's direction?
Tom, sorry you missed grandkids this Halloween -- but next year, maybe dress up as Night of the Living Deadlift?

Karen, how was GSF 2? Did you do 157 squats at 315# or something mad like that to put us all to shame? ;)

Justine, when I hear treacle, I think, 'the china's so dear and the treacle's so clear and I'm glad that you are here'. Cups and cakes. Know what I'm sayin'? I'm so full my tummy aches. Really my only association with treacle. I don't even know what it is. :)
Do some met con if it makes you happy or just enjoy the gainz that come with extra treats. ;)

Unapologetically Powerful is coming out in late November! Guess I know what I'm doing after GSF1 (8 weeks left)! Maybe U.P. and I.C.E. (cardio) will be a good combo!

That's it for now -- today I'm resting; tomorrow, squatting.
Roz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.