Lifting like girls

Well, today was abs and ....cardio..yep, hard to believe but getting a little "middle chunky"! I don't seem to carry much fat anywhere except the middle, but not sure cardio will help and if not better after 1 day I may give it up!;). Today was 3 fairly easy miles on the airdyne and 100 reps of cable crunches (x40x30x20x10) and side planks x1 min left side, roll to right for 1 min then 45 sec left, roll to right for 45, then 30 sec each side and that was it.
Karen, not sure about the sewer thing, but pretty sure canning isn't in my future either! Lisa, I do love twizzlers, but even they cant dull the pain of Saturdays like these!!
That was it for the day, short and sweet! Have a good finish to the weekend friends!

Chest and tri day, bench was up to 205x3 215x2 205x3 185x7 165x10 7, tris were skullcrushers x 10 10 9 (45s) pushdowns 3x8 ( I dropped 10# on the last 2 sets, trying to stay very strict) and kickbacks x15 x12 and finished with 2 miles on the airdyne. Good work was had or at least felt that way! I think it was the heaviest I have gone on bench in awhile so glad for that and the reps at 185 and 165 felt like really effective stuff. Another Monday.....I guess we just need to make the best of it ( says the semi retired guy)!! Hope the week starts well for y'all!

Tom, cardio??? Did someone steal your identity and post here? Well, ya know, abs are made in the kitchen so you might have to sacrifice those Twizzlers after all. My DH told me about your team's unfortunate weekend. Maybe something like a screwdriver or something from Mr. Jack Daniels will be more helpful than Twizzlers! Good for you and your heavy bench poundage yesterday!

Karen, I know, it's Autumn. Ugh. Every year I say it: I love the Fall but hate that it means...duhn duhn duhn...here comes Winter before ya know it. I was at Costco yesterday and they are now in full on Christmas mode. I don't want to be seeing Christmas toys and Christmas trees right now!!! Hope you are doing well and that your DH is doing well in PR.

So yesterday was legs. Today was Ice Total Body Metabolic Live, or something like that. Besides being extra busy these past few days, we had to get new phones because my DH's phone was turning itself off regularly. Like black screen, dead. It's been almost 5 years so we figured it was time. But OF COURSE we had problems getting the order processed and then problems getting a case, so I'm basically without a phone until my case arrives because my sweet darling loving children--who appreciate the cost of material things and hard work-- like to knock my phone out of my hands (I'm a good parent), either because they want to see it or think it's funny or whatever (again, I'm a good parent). So, I can't use my new phone...I refuse to use my new phone...until I have a military grade case to protect it from my little demons...er, darlings. Run-on sentence done. Have a great day!

Lisa, cant help but laugh bout "phone protection"!! You made need a hard hat too!
Today was back and bi day. 4 sets of chin ups, but short sets due to sore right bi tendon, the first set was 8, then fives. Switched to lat pulldowns, 3x10 and 2 sets of heavy db rows. Biceps were 2x8 ez bar curls and 4 sets of db curls. Bi tendons survived the curls, in fact things seem to get better as I went...maybe starting with chins NOT a good idea. Today was a meeting in KC, tomorrow is my "prison thang", Thursday I screen kids in a school nearby and Friday work again.....thought I was retired!!
Karen, hope you are killin it and I don't mean canning! All I got friends, enjoy life!

Hi guys, yesterday was an intermediate Mark Lauren. Pretty much like the novice program, just longer and more difficult. Today was Cathe’s Butts and Guts. That’s a good one, it’s been awhile.
I think it’s time I stopped canning, and made an effort to clean my house. That’s about it guys. Much cooler temperatures, but we finally have crystal blue skies. No fires! (That I know about)
Oh yes, I think DH will be leaving PR soon. But he’s well, and happy to be leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made it to shoulder day, standing militaries 100# x10 8 4 db press (50s) x8 (40s)x11 8 SL/FR (20s) 3x8 rear delt flys (40s) 3x15 and finished with 2x20 cable crunches (upped it 10#). Today I am off to screen 4th and 5th graders...hope I survive! Have a great one friends!

Today I am off to screen 4th and 5th graders
Tom, I think you'll be good with the 4th and 5th graders. It's 6th grade when things start to get dicey. Ugh. Those awkward years!!! Good job making your appearance on shoulder day. The way YOU do shoulders would make me want to sleep in, er "miss my alarm accidentally " for sure!

Karen, intermediate Mark can't be easy! Hooray for clean air and end of canning season.

Yesterday was a Cathe Live UB. Today was boot camp. Probably legs tomorrow. Cheers to you both

Hey guys! DD2 is a school teacher. She once mentioned that 6-9 grade is the worst. Before that they’re too naive, after that, they grow up a “little bit.” Interesting she would say that, she was demon spawn in high school. Every morning was a surprise at the breakfast table. Who knew you could do that with your hair? DH and I would have to bite our tongue. Self expression, and all that. Never did get a call from the school, thank goodness. Now she has one just like her. LOL!! Justice is it’s own reward.
Today was ICE Upper Body. My butt and legs are still too sore from Butts and Guts.
Take care!

The kids were great, an old workmate did my charting and she's great...it was really good to see her!!
Today was arms, 18 sets, all supersets. Skullcrushers (45s)/ ez bar curls (90)x12 10 8 pushdowns(80?)/ db curls(40s) 3x8 and kickbacks 3x15/ conc curls 3x8 (40s both).
Son 1 would get himself up, make his own breakfast, no issues, son2...I would have to stand him up and keep him from toppling over, make him breakfast ( or DW), He was diabetic so DW would make his days snacks etc..,loved them both, just night and day!!
Have a great Fri friends...off to rehabilitate!

Today was Mark Lauren's Intermediate Circuits. Half hour, and I was a sweaty mess. Canned some zucchini relish today. Looking for all kinds of ideas with zucchini. This plant is still knocking them out. The zucchini that wouldn't die! Yikes!
Have a great week-end guys!

Hodge podge day, bench chins and deads. 5 sets bench, nothing heavy, only up to 185x3 then 135x20. Will bench again early next week. For chin ups, I got away with 2x8 and didn't push anymore. Deads were 205x3( conv) 225x3 ( sumo) 255x3 (conv) 275x3 (sumo) and 315x1( sumo). I am going to try legs tomorrow, hope today's deads don't torch me but I kept the reps low so hopefully it will get done!
Well today is another Saturday of what I hope is not torture! Have a fun weekend ladies!!

I did make it to leg day, but it was a short set day. Bench squats 3x5 115 165 195, db squats 2x8 60s gob squats 2x12 50 rev lunges 2x8 30s And calves were 2x25 standing calf raises 195 And single leg calf raises no weight 2x20 right and 2x25 left ( right is larger, trying to compensate!)
Hope y'all are having a great weekend!

Yesterday was a workout by the same woman that did the shoulder stability workout. It’s a one hour flexibility workout. Oh my, I could barely get out of bed this morning. What a great stretch and flexibility program. It’s an hour, I may do it everyday. It did feel good to stretch that deep. That’s all I got folks. Have a great Sunday.

I decided to do a deload...well, this wasn't that but nothing really heavy. Bench day, 9 sets and did a ladder type thing, long sets on the way up, shorter down ( just the reverse of my normal. Sets of 8 at 115 135 155 175 and 195x5, then sets of 6 at 175 155 135 And 115. Tris were skullcrushers x15 12, pushdowns 2x8 And kickbacks x20 15. I did 2sets of ab work crunches x 50 and cable crunches x 25 And up the stairs I went. Even though it is Monday, I hope all survive! I am working a rare Monday today and I will see if I remember how! Have a " good un" friends!!

Tom, legs on a Sunday, and a deload protest + work on a Monday. You're living the good life, lol. Well, only if your team won. We had a busy weekend so I haven't seen any scores to know if I should congratulate you or console you. I did see a local driver with Nebraska bumper stickers and license plate frame. I should've looked to see if that person was laughing or crying...

Karen, you're going to make your DH come up with a nickname to replace Twisted Sista if you keep up with these stretches!

Did I mention that my phone case came? Yay! My phone will be safe from a nuclear attack and also my kids. Which is basically the same thing. Today was legs via YouTube and now it's laundry Monday time. Don't be jealous.

Also, LMAO about Karen's DD getting her just desserts as a teacher of wacky hormonal teenagers and Tom's "Odd Couple" opposite DS's. Those days are coming!!! Too bad I have to deal with DH's karma. I was a goodie two shoes. Him, not so much ( I would know since we met at age 12). Eek!

Afterburn, kicked my butt. Then I did some stretching with Kristina Nekyia. Haven't done Afterburn for awhile, and I felt it. Oh my!
Hope your week is going well. Tom, I did the alarm reset a couple of times, but mine was more of a Yoga Corpse Pose.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.