Lifting like girls

Light benchpress, deads and a few chin ups. I used the small block again BUT put it on the bar, making it shorter and went light, trying to stretch things out a little. Only 3 sets, 115x5 135x8 and 155x8. Deads were 205x5 ( conv) as a warm up then 225x8 (sumo) 255x5 (s) and 305x3 (s). Next were 2x5 chin ups just to try them out. Bi's didn't bother me yesterday, but pull ups are a little different, but sets of 5 we're ok.
Week 1 of college football...kind of excited...just a guy I guess!! Have a terrific holiday weekend ladies!!
Karen, I can't believe you are oggling Mark...I would NEVER do that with the ladies!!:cool:o_O

Today was definitely different, I could see nothing great was happening on ANYTHING so I decided to just touch up a little bit of everything and did some light total body. 4 sets of light benchpress, 175 was the heaviest and it felt " stupid heavy", so THAT is when I decided to do total body. 3 sets of squats, 2 sets if BB calf raises, 2 sets of gob squats, 2 long sets of db shoulder press, 2 sets of db pullovers, 1 set of db rows, 2 sets skullcrushers and 2 sets of db curls. These workouts are kind of like kissing your sister, but today was NOT an intense body part kind if day, so it was the best I could do! Be sure Not to LABOR today friends!!

Reset the alarm, but ended up getting up and doing some bwt stuff. Was going to be pushups/ air squats/ and chin ups but the chins were a no go, so it was pushups x25x25x20x15x15 and air squats x25x25x20x15x15...100 reps each and that was it. Guess better than the null set. Not sure what the rest of the week will be, guess I'll make it up when I get there! Have a " good un" ladies!!

DH and I got out flu shots last night. I'm super paranoid about getting them early. Yowza, I forget how sore my arm feels for about 24 hours afterwards. The shot itself is NBD but my poor left delt... was going to do UB but subbed in cardio instead. Don't like cardio 2 days in a row but gotta go with the flow sometimes. Hope you are both well!

Didn't answer the bell today, alarm reset, just didn't know what to do! I worked today and on the way in hit the prison gym ( guilt ridden maybe) and decided to see if neutral grip pull ups would work....and they did! I did a set of 12 and no issues. Funny, to supinate or pronate is problematic, but neutral is ok. I then decided that if this near 70 year old guy could do 12 pull ups at 195, he was doing ok! Gonna do shoulders tomorrow and hopefully arm on Fri. I have to do some clinical dental assistant supervision and testing Fri and it starts early so I will have to hit the gym early....ugh!!
Hope " hump day" had a minimal incline and all got over it! All for me..,tomorrow is another day!

Hi everybody, it’s been a while. Been canning again. It’s now tomatoes, and I’m trying to figure how to get rid of all my zucchini and cukes. Monday was Mark Lauren, and this morning was Mark. I got up late yesterday, I didn’t get much sleep, and had to take one dog to the vet. He split a nail and was hobbling around on three legs, and licking it A LOT. I thought I was done raising kids. Now his foot is all wrapped up, and he’s wearing the cone of shame. I just need a cone for the other dog that is trying to relieve him of the bandage. So yesterday was no workout. Did I tell you that I’m sick of canning? Well, I am. That’s about it guys, and yes Tom, that’s very good for a guy that’s almost 70. Lisa, isn’t it great to have a nice holiday? One that’s not crazy with in-laws, and outlaws, and well, you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoulder day, 250 reps and 100 reps of cable crunches...felt it! 4 set of light standing militaries, (nothing over 100) 3x10 seated db press (45s, but bench was straight up with no decline..rare for me), 3x10 side laterals (25s), 3x10 rear delt flys (45s), and front raises (25s). I finished with db shrugs (85s) 100 reps( x 40x30x30) and 100 reps of cable crunches (4x25). I smell something burning..oh wait, it's me! Anyway, nothing heavy but I do feel worked and that is always good!
Enjoy the day friends, we are going to get wet here, hopefully NOT my basement!

Today was another Ilaria workout. Power Strike Atletica volume 3. Great PHA metabolic workout. The first section is 5 upper body and 5 lower body exercises, alternating upper and lower. Two rounds. One minute of each exercise. The next section was two minutes for the upper body exercises, and one minute for the lower body exercises. Again alternating upper and lower. Two rounds. The third section was all five upper body exercises, one after the other, then lower body. Two rounds. Very good workout. Still canning tomatoes. Today I had enough tomatoes to can eight pint jars.
That’s about ladies and gentleman. See you tomorrow.

Early arm day, 4 set circuit x4, mostly 40# db's. Skullcrushers x 10/ db curls x 8/ pushdowns x 8/conc curls x 8 and finished with a burnout set of kickbacks x 25 and db curls x 20 (dropped to 30s for these burnout sets), 18 sets in all. Started out rough, but did get better as things loosened up a bit. Glad its Friday, not sure why but just always liked Fridays! Today I am off to play teacher??? That ought to be interesting!
Karen, that w/o sounds tough...interesting but tough! I bet you will be glad when the canning is done!
Lisa, what up iron sis??
Enjoy Friday all!!

Tom, you are doing way better than just "ok" for an experienced dude. You are doing awesome!!! Are you going to become a record holder in pullups now that you found your magic grip? Did your basement end up getting flooded? Playing teacher today, what??? Leading a continued learning event or something for fellow teeth pullers?

Karen, do you can tomato sauce or whole tomatoes, peeled? How do you can cukes? I love me some pickles. Interesting, not surprising, that Ilaria was doing PHA Training years back. It's a great methodology!

Yesterday was an UB Live. Today was a leg mishmash using A Little Obsessed, Legs from my new BeachBody on Demand subscription (30 mins) plus a 20 min finisher.

Have a great weekend!

Made myself stay out of the dungeon this weekend so hopefully I will miss it by Monday!! So " nuttin" happened. I think I needed a couple of days off...so I took a couple of days off!
Lisa, I was a grader for a class of expanded function for dental auxiliaries. They did fillings etc, and I was 1 of 3 dentist that evaluated their work. It felt a little like dental school when we had to get an instructor to grade our work....a little surreal lol!!

Chest and tris, 11 sets bench, sets of 5 at 115 ( felt heavy) 135 ( felt heavy) 155 ( felt heavy) 175 ( ditto) 185 ( of course) and then 3 doubs at 200( not that bad..,WTH, yeah heavy but didn't think anyway I would get there TODAY!) Then dropped to 175x8 155x10 and finished with 135x11. Tris were skullcrushers x10 9 8 and pushdowns x 10 9 8. I was suprised it went as well as it did because it had the makings of a disaster. Anyway, survived Monday and hope my iron clanking friends do as well! All for me, have a " goodun"!!

Hi guys! More canning, so short and sweet. Yesterday was Mark Lauren. This morning was another Ilaria. Abs and Pushups. It’s short, but the title says it all. Ilaria has such nice arms!
I think I have some sort of vermin living in my garden. I find half eaten tomatoes. Teeth marks in them. Ticks me off, they’re the best, biggest and juiciest tomatoes. Guess he knows what he likes.
Hope you are all well. Can’t wait to finish this canning, I’m so over it! Take care.

Hi guys! More canning, so short and sweet. Yesterday was Mark Lauren. This morning was another Ilaria. Abs and Pushups. It’s short, but the title says it all. Ilaria has such nice arms!
I think I have some sort of vermin living in my garden. I find half eaten tomatoes. Teeth marks in them. Ticks me off, they’re the best, biggest and juiciest tomatoes. Guess he knows what he likes.
Hope you are all well. Can’t wait to finish this canning, I’m so over it! Take care.

Karen, you must have enough canned food to last you for the next century!!! Abs and pushups? That's the workout title? I'd be afraid to ever buy such a thing!

Tom, what's up?

Today was chest and triceps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.