Levitation holds in Core Max

SandraC

Cathlete
I noticed this morning that Rhonda doesn't get her feet off the floor for the levitation holds. I felt so happy about that! I think I am her height, 5'6". I can get everything up fine, but for one foot. Is this an issue with having longer legs? Or am I just a weakling?;(

Sandra

I don't know, I'm also 5'6 and couldn't do them the first time I did the workout but can do them now. I wouldn't say I have long legs but proportioned okay I guess, weight 117 if that helps. Its still tough, I struggle on the last couple of them for sure.

Annette

I'm 5'2" and I can't get my feet up if I sit cross-legged. If I get in a full lotus position I can easily do them. So I guess try playing around with your foot position. Also I've tried them (with crossed legs) using the push-up bars and that helped too. :)

They are impossible for me! I'm 5'6'' and I feel like my arms aren't long enough or something. There's no way I'll ever be able to do them either. Now I think I'd be able to do them if I had a bar or something under me - but that's obviously too dangerous. I think attempting them is good enough though.

Carolyn

Here's another 5'2"-er that can only do them in lotus position. If I try cross-legged, I still have one foot on the floor.

Maybe one day?!?

Carol F

I am 5' 8" with long arms and I found it nearly impossible when I first started doing them. I can't get through all of them, but like another poster stated- try messing around with your foot positioning. A lotus position helps out, as well as frequent use of this exercise.

Hi, I noticed that this move was on some yoga dvd's that I tried and I was having trouble with them too. I noticed that they used two blocks (like they use as props in yoga.) The first move was to put the blocks sideways so you could push yourself up.
The next move was to place the blocks flat (so you're closer to the ground) and to push yourself up.
Once this gets worked up to and this is what I haven't worked up to yet, is to push yourself up from the ground.(I can do this also in the lotus position without blocks but can't the other way)

I sure hope this helps. I guess a person could probably improvise with something that is sturdy and is the size of the blocks.

Hey thanks I'm going to try that levitation with yoga blocks right now....

well I was able to get one leg up but the other foot went up then went back down and touched the floor. It's a start.

I keep thinking that it is really a abd strenth problem. There is a similar yoga move does anyone know what it is called.

These all sound like good ideas that I will try. Cathe says in the workout that just making the attempt is good, so apparently it is. I've at least made enough progress to get all but one foot up. Maybe with these tips I'll soon have them both up.

Thanks so much for your kind advice.:)
Sandra

Hi, Carolyn!

I had to look this up on the internet. If you search for yoga lotus, you will see some sites with photos or illustrations of it. I will try to describe it from the illustrations I saw. You basically get your ankles on top of the calves of the opposite leg. Does this make sense? I had a lot of trouble trying to do this. It was helpful to me to take my shoes off. I think it will take practice.

I hope this is somewhat helpful.:)

Sandra

I am only 5'2, but what I find works if you spread your fingers out (palm off the floor). That's the only way I levitate. Watch Cathe and the girls' form.

I also want to say that it's great having the crew workout with Cathe - I sometimes look at how they are doing something, as well as Cathe. Everyone's body is different, and sometimes it helps me figure out what to do.
:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.