Let's talk BRAZILIAN Waxing....anyone?

I know you've had lots of responses, but anything remotely related to being "high maintenance" is my favorite thing! I go every 3-4 weeks for a bare Brazilian (yup, we're talking as bald as an egg and that includes the back porch too), and have been going for 2 years now.

DEFINITELY have it done at a salon by an experienced aestehtician. It would be really hard to do a good job on yourself, and ESPECIALLY not the first time! As to embarrassment, at my first visit I was more petrified taking off the panties than I was about the prospect of getting the wax! I used to be a nurses' aide, and also any aesthetician will tell you the same thing: seen one, you've seen 'em all. The first time, the girl told me, It's no different to me than waxing your brow-- which I felt was a professional response and set me at ease.

Also, I think you should just go for it: get the bare brazilian right off the bat, and you'll absolutely know you've faced the final frontier (of the waxing universe, at least!) and survived.

To be honest, I've never found it to be horrendously painful-- sure, it smarts, but we are not talking childbirth here! To me, getting a shot of novocaine is far, far worse.

If you take 600 mg of ibuprofen about 30 min. prior to your appointment, that will really take the edge off. My aesthetician also suggests eating a banana about 30 minutes beforehand as that is supposed to be a natural painkiller too.

And as time goes on, it gets less and less painful, as long as you keep up with it. The hair gets sparser and finer too. My aesthetician says you should come either every 3 weeks or every 5 weeks, as that matches the hair growth cycles.

And to me, the results are so worth it. I always feel clean, clean, clean. I can wear the sheerest, skimpiest panties anytime I want and not feel like anything is "hanging out." And my boyfriend absolutely loves it.

Go for it! It's much less painful, scary, and embarrassing than you'd think. Good luck! Just remember, the strength and perseverance of high-maintenance women everywhere is with you!! ;)

Karen

Chemo gave me the best Brazilian I never wanted. And it was pain free. ;)

I'm curious, not judging:
What is the attraction about looking like a 7-year-old girl 'down there'? Why can't you Nair it off?

Susan L.G.

Why can't you Nair it off?

I guess you *could* use Nair(although, I don't know, maybe they tell you not to use it on that area) but I know I wouldn't put a chemical that can run anywhere near that sensitive of an area.:)

>That sensitive of an area is probably not meant to be waxed
>either but to each her own.

I don't know that any area is *meant* to be waxed.:7

But what about the other question - what is the attraction of looking like a 7-yr-old girl in your private area?

Susan L.G.

Okay Ladies, you have all been really open and great about this subject. To answer the question about looking like a 7yr. old girl, well, it's not about that for me. LOL. My situation is simply that my pubic hair has always been extremely long...sorry if this is too much info but, I think we have have crossed that boundary already;). I have been trimming the hair back for decades and the ends are sharp and uncomfortable! I figure if I wax it I will feel MUCH better. Thats it and thats all.

deb

Hi Vilma,

Do you mind my asking what product you use and what comes with it?

Thanks so much for sharing....deb

Hey Karen,
Oh my gosh, your cracking me up over here! Wow, I really appreciate your candor on this one. Love it. Thanks for the information and the encouragement to go for it. I never really thought about the cleanliness issue, but yeah I can see how this would be great and the pretty sheer panties are and inspiring thought too;). Deb

Regarding the ? about a menu....:) I just went the other day and decided not to get all the hair up top waxed off because when it starts to grow back, I tend to get ingrown hairs. She did everything else (the REALLY private areas) and talked to me about her upcomng vacation in Alaska most of the time. When I told her I didn't want it ALL off, she just asked what I did want and I explained it. I left more than a strip but everything underneath was waxed. Beforehand, she asked if I wanted a shape :D So no, it's not all or nothing. Just explain exactly what you want.

Kim

>Hi Vilma,
>
>Do you mind my asking what product you use and what comes with
>it?
>
>Thanks so much for sharing....deb

Sure let me go and check :)

Okay this is what I have:

The wax warmer:
http://www.sallybeauty.com/gigi-wax-warmer/SBS-448510,default,pd.html

The Wax I use:
http://www.sallybeauty.com/GiGi-honee-wax/GIGI23,default,pd.html

Muslin Strips:
http://www.sallybeauty.com/gigi-Natural-Muslin-Strips/GIGI21,default,pd.html

You'll need the applicators for large areas I use the tongue depressor size but I have all sizes esp the small ones for the brows and the slanted ones for the upper lip.

Since I do wax myself and my girls brows and upper lip along with my bikini area & the boys (my dh & son) uni brows ;) and backs its money well spent.

The wax lasts a very long time and once you get used to doing the bikini area after a time you get your technique down pat and get it done ;) I usually count to 3 and on 3 I rip lol

HTH

Reason why I don't take it all off - I personally like my hair down there but having my small landing strip neat makes me feel good all the other non landing strip hair gets waxed off lol

>OK, OK, I know I'm being immature, but a shape? Like a
>heart? Or a Christmas tree? An ace of clubs?:p

I'm sure you could ask for crop circles or the shape of Italy. Why be conventional? :D Would it be too vulgar for this thread to say, "Think outside the box..." :p

Jonahnah
From now on, I'm going to be more decisive. Possibly.

Regarding why, I just like having as little hair on my body as possible. If I could get my entire lower body lasered, I would.

As for shapes, I've shaved shapes like...get ready to laugh...an upside down triangle (it's easy), a heart (not as easy) and a butterfly (discovered that after screwing up the heart).

:7

Very good answer from someone with the screen name "Beavs." It's only natural that you'd be "sensitive!" }( }( }(

Okay, I just couldn't help it, Beavs. I had to do it!!!!

>>Regarding why, I just like having as little hair on my body as possible. If I could get my entire lower body lasered, I would.<<

Ditto.

I never thought about it in terms of "i want to look like a 7yo girl down there... " I just like the way it feels to have no hair there. Plain and simple.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.