Keep polling

Hi -- I'm Julie and this is my third consecutive road trip experience! I will be coming with a group of people (my husband, my cousin and several of our friends -- about 10 of us!). The two roadtrips before we would get into town on a Thursday and would all go gambling in Atlantic City, then I would be dropped off for the roadtrip (while they continued to gamble!). But this time it looks like some of our group wants to go to New York for a couple of days first, so I think we're (tentatively) going to be arriving in New York around Monday or Tuesday and staying a couple of days there, then heading off to Atlantic City. I'll be dropped off at my usual point on Friday (for the roadtrip) while my husband continues to lose, oh I mean WIN, money in Atlantic City!

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you from the last two years and meeting all of the first-timers! As usual, I know we're going to have a blast!!

Julie

This is my first RT and my first post. I have been a forum lurker for years now. I was very excited to be able to have a shot at getting in this year. I happened to be home following oral surgery just in time to get spot #20. Because I was so focused on getting in, I didn't have time to talk myself out of it because it was too expensive.

I'm coming from Woodinville, WA (the state, not DC) and am flying out of SeaTac on Thursday. I will be arriving at the Philly airport at 1:06AM on Friday. I finally found the right airfare and booked the room.

I especially look forward to meeting Cathe, Cedie, Brenda, and the rest of the Cathe crew as well as all the other RT attendees. I'm actually missing out on my youngest daughter's 18th birthday to attend! Thankfully she knows what a Catheite her mom is so she understands:rolleyes:

Robin

Last edited:
also from WA

I'm coming from Woodinville, WA (the state, not DC) and am flying out of SeaTac on Thursday. I will be arriving at the Philly airport at 1:06AM on Friday. I finally found the right airfare and booked the room.
Robin

Hi, Robin,
I'm from Everett, however, I'm flying in from Atlanta because I'll be visiting my sister and we'll come together. However, I'm flying home to seatac on Sunday at 4:10 on Southwest (with a 3hr layover in Chicago, ugh!). What is your airline?

In either case, we'll have to be sure to find eachother at the RT!
-- Mindy

Hi I'm Lori and I am from Central MA This is my first RT. :D I will be driving down with my DH and 3 boys on Fri. They will be dropping me off and going to Baltimore to catch a Red Sox game. I want them to come in Cathe's Gym so they can see where I will be working out and may be see Cathe....

I keep telling everyone I'm going to "Catheland". LOL

Lori

I'm Sandra coming from Utah. I'm originally from California (Bay Area) and wish I was there now. :D I'm flying in on Thursday evening, can't wait to meet Cathe and all of you amazing women!! I'm super excited!

My name is Lacy. I am flying in from Norfolk, VA Friday morning. It's my first Road Trip and I am so excited! Can't wait to finally meet people that love Cathe's workouts as much as I do...

Hi all! I'm driving in Friday - I'm in North Jersey so it's only 90 minutes away. This is my third RT, but the first one I flew in from Louisiana. This is MUCH easier! (That's why we moved to NJ...so I could drive to the RTs....ha.) The last RT I was a new RN, working night shifts so the RT was tough on my body clock. I've been on Days now for a while so this will be a breeze. But I sure better start doing KickMax again, Cathe just about killed me last year in the Kickbox workout.

I'm Sandra coming from Utah. I'm originally from California (Bay Area) and wish I was there now. :D I'm flying in on Thursday evening, can't wait to meet Cathe and all of you amazing women!! I'm super excited!

Hi Sandra,

I live in southwest CT now, but I used to live in the Bay Area. I miss those CA winters! May I ask where you lived in the Bay Area? I was in various places (SF, Menlo Park, Danville) plus the Sacramento area for a few years.

This will be my 2nd RT (I went in '07). I'll be driving down on Friday and hoping gas prices don't rise too much! :confused:

Hi!

I'm Joyce and I'm from Indianapolis. I will be flying in on Friday. I last went on a roadtrip 10 years ago and have so missed the fun! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Joyce

Hello!

I'm Julia and I'm from NE CT and will be driving down on Friday. This is my second Road Trip. I am enjoying already kicking up my workouts a notch with this Road Trip in mind. Just what I needed to get me back on track! I'm also hoping for decent gas prices!

I am coming from Fort Lauderdale Florida Friday afternoon (haven't booked my flight as yet).I am thinking about leaving on Monday morning to avoid all the delays at the airport, but I am not sure as yet. This is my second road trip, and I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

Suzette

Good golly, how did I miss this thread?!?!?

I'm Robin and this is my second and a half RT. I registered to go in 2006, but my mom ended up in ICU that weekend, so I had to cancel. I made it in 2007 and thought it was the weekend of a lifetime. Last year, I had to work both weekends, but I managed to make it to Deptford the Friday before the July trip to meet up with friends from the forum and the past RT.

I live in North Central PA, so I'll be driving in. I'm probably going to be arriving Friday afternoon. I'd like to make it Thursday, but can't really justify the added cost of the room and taking another day off work.

I'm looking forward to relaxing a bit more this go round, instead of trying to prove to all you sweet young things that this 53 year old can keep up. I'm really looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Hi from one of your Coordinators!

What fun to read about everybody!!

I'm Kathy and I'm one of the three Cathe Road Trip Coordinators, so this will be my fifth RT (2005, 2007 and 2 in 2008). We Coordinators and Cathe and her staff have learned a lot since 2005 about how to "put on" these Road Trips, and we always try to make each one better than the ones that came before. But each one feels just as special and unique as the very first one, so I am just as excited as EVER by our 2009 trip! I've been a Catheite since the mid-90's and have been a Forum member (mostly lurker/reader) since that time, and I never, ever get tired of meeting new Cathe friends. It's truly one of life's greatest treats! I can't wait to see all the "oldtimers" and the "newbies" too! :D

I'm from Atlanta, and I'll be getting into town with my cohorts Debbie and Lorrayne a little earlier than most of you because we have lots of behind-the-scenes stuff to do to get ready for the weekend! :D

Lemme take this opportunity to repeat something we Coordinators have already said in previous posts, but which REALLY bears repeating (and I'm thinking we may even re-post this separately):

Friday afternoon's kickoff for the Road Trip is our traditional Meet & Greet Party, and it will start around 4:00 (we're still tweaking the schedule). We will have Cathe Buses picking you up from the hotels around 3:30 or 3:45 (time to be announced as soon as we firm up the whole M&G schedule). BUT BUT BUT:

For y'all who haven't firmed up your travel plans yet, PLEASE try to make sure that you can be at Cathe's gym by absolutely no later than 4:45 on Friday afternoon. Look for an announcement very soon about WHY! ;) THIS MEANS THAT IF YOUR FLIGHT/TRAIN DOESN'T GET INTO PHILLY TIL MID-AFTERNOON ON FRIDAY, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY GET YOUR TRANSPORT TO BRING YOU DIRECTLY TO CATHE'S GYM. We will provide secure storage for your luggage at the gym.

Bet that got your thinking caps going big-time, huh? :p

Last edited:
For y'all who haven't firmed up your travel plans yet, PLEASE try to make sure that you can be at Cathe's gym by absolutely no later than 4:45 on Friday afternoon. Look for an announcement very soon about WHY! ;)

Oh, c'mon Kathy, just a little hint?!?! Pretty please...:D

I'm looking forward to relaxing a bit more this go round, instead of trying to prove to all you sweet young things that this 53 year old can keep up.
bcf35f324a6c7c3e5117185f6f0fc78b5daf85e.gif
I'm glad to hear this. May I stand by you? ;) I'm just praying I don't trip over a step and break my ankle or something. It's definitely a possibility. :p

So now I'm really curious to know what's going to go down after 4:45 Friday afternoon. :eek:

Rhondalyn, one thing I did learn on the RT - there is NO PRESSURE. There will be women there of all shapes, sizes, ages and abilities. Relax and enjoy yourself. Half the fun is just standing, slack-jawed in amazement, while watching Cathe herself!

Whoo hoo, Kathy! I love, love, love surprises!

Hi Jonahnah

Hey! I grew up in Fairfield, and lived in Benicia, Santa Cruz, Campbell, San Jose. Menlo Park and Danville are beautiful areas, and of course nothing compares to SF. Oh, I'm getting home sick! It will be great to meet you!

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

I live in southwest CT now, but I used to live in the Bay Area. I miss those CA winters! May I ask where you lived in the Bay Area? I was in various places (SF, Menlo Park, Danville) plus the Sacramento area for a few years.

This will be my 2nd RT (I went in '07). I'll be driving down on Friday and hoping gas prices don't rise too much! :confused:

Hi everybody! I'm a little late checking in here. I was on vacation all last week. :)

My name is Jacque. I live in Arizona. This will be my second RT (first was 2007). I've been working out with Cathe since the early '90s and it was such a thrill to meet her. I'll probably be arriving Thursday (haven't decided for sure yet.)

Hi everyone,

I'm Cheryl and I'm flying in from Victor, NY. I'll be there by noon on Friday so I'll have plenty of time to be at Cathe's gym. Cant wait to finally meet some people in person!! It's my first RT and I think I made a smart choice. Everyone always has such great feedback on this weekend. I think we ALL deserve this!

I'm bumming -I just had to cancel a week in Myrtle Beach with my friends/family over spring break . We were SOOOO looking forward to that. At least I got this to look forward to!!!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.