Keep polling

L Sass

Cathlete
Along the line of knowing who we are, where are you coming from and are you flying or driving? (If you are plyo jacking to get there, please give us notice - you will deserve some kind of mega prize!) :p

Since this would create too many polling options, just post if you are so inclined.

I'll start. I'm Lorrie, coming in from the Cleveland Ohio area and I'm driving - so I will have some room in my car for taking folks to the gym. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

ETA: and I'll share two of my fave RT tips - though our great coordinator gals will have plenty of fab tips later on.

Tip one: pack each complete RT workout outfit in a separate plastic ziplock bag, and include a drier sheet in that bag. As you take off those stinky sweaty clothes, seal 'em back shut with that drier sheet. You can air them out a bit at your hotel, but not really wash till you are back home. Sealed stinky clothes are way better than P-U luggage in either car or plane - LOL.

Tip two -- I love this one. Shop around for a new shower gel/shampoo/ etc fragrance. Find one you really like but put it away and do not use it till RT time. Use it at RT and then you will be amazed at how aroma therapy takes you back to your NJ RT whenever you use/smell that frangrance in the future. Funny, just the other day my kids got out the fresh cucumber shower gel I had for last year's RT and when they used it, I immediately thought "Oh wow! This is the RT!" HA.

Sorry to babble about RT stuff -- I just need something warm and sunny to think about.

Last edited:
Hi I am Tracy and I am from Palm Harbor Florida.
I am coming in on Thursday.
Lorrie those are my favorite tips too!

Hi! I'm Lisa from Pequot Lakes, MN.
I'll be flying in Thursday.
This is my first road trip and I'm just a "tad" excited. Okay, I'm SUPER excited :D

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I'm Patti, from Dayton, Ohio. I'll be flying in on Thursday, too. I am SO excited! :)

Lorrie: Thanks for the nasty workout clothes idea! Good tip.

Hello! I'm Amber (also known as Liann, my middle name) from South Central PA. I will most likely be driving in Friday morning, but I'm still toying with the idea of coming over on Thursday night. This will be my third RT.

Lorrie - I swear by the zip lock bags! It works so well!

Patti - I was born in Dayton, OH and lived there for the first 4 years of my life. I was a Wright Pat. baby.

Hi Tracy and Lisa! :)

Hi I am Saundra and I will be driving up from Maryland on Friday. This will be my 2nd road trip.

Hello from Las Vegas....This is my first time! I am thrilled to have this opportunity to meet all of you who share the same passion for sweating their buns off as I do!
I will be landing thursday afternoon and hope that my nerves will calm enough that I can perform on friday. I always workout in the privacy of my home, all by my lonesome...so this is exciting. I start my wo at 4:30am (before the kids get up) I have to be so quiet that I hardly hear what Cathe is saying and I can't even clap my hands during step! lol What a riot for me. I am so looking forward to this. It sounds like the past rts were memorable.
Also, Thanks for the great tips!

Hello from Las Vegas....This is my first time! I am thrilled to have this opportunity to meet all of you who share the same passion for sweating their buns off as I do!
I will be landing thursday afternoon and hope that my nerves will calm enough that I can perform on friday. I always workout in the privacy of my home, all by my lonesome...so this is exciting. I start my wo at 4:30am (before the kids get up) I have to be so quiet that I hardly hear what Cathe is saying and I can't even clap my hands during step! lol What a riot for me. I am so looking forward to this. It sounds like the past rts were memorable.
Also, Thanks for the great tips!

OMG Wendy! I'm from Vegas too! What airline do you fly with out of Vegas? I'm on Continental and leave thursday and back monday! will PM you :) This will be my first RT also! I am SO excited!

See y'all there!

I'm coming to the Road Trip from right outside the Boston area with my sister (we're two of three, triplets, but only two of us are coming, despite our best efforts to get her to join us this year!). We're driving down with one (hopefully two) of our friends who are also sisters, one is on the wait list though so we're hoping she makes it! She's #114 so everyone root her on please! This will be the second road trip for my sister and I, and the first for our friend(s). Can't WAIT!!

Hi everyone.

My name is Melissa. I'll be driving down from the north east corner of Massachusetts on either Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. Still haven't decided yet. I should probably decide soon so I can make my hotel reservation.

This is my third RT. On the first one I was a bundle of nervous energy. The second was much more relaxing and I met some cool people to hang with for the weekend.

Great thread Lorrie! And great tips. Although I LOVE the ziploc bag tip, maybe this year I'll remember to put in the dryer sheet....:confused:

Hi!
I'm Kathy and I live in NJ about an hour away from the hotel and Cathe's gym. I'll be coming up on Friday afternoon. I think this is my fifth RT? (2000, 2005, 2007, 2008)

Great tips Lorrie! Yep, those zip lock bags with dryer sheets are essential!!! Just stand back when you open them up at home.....peeeuuu!!! ;)

Hi all! I'm Nancy from -- you guessed it -- Arizona! This is my first road trip and I've been looking forward to it for a year. I didn't try for either of last year's because I was getting ready to retire at the end of September and didn't want to use up any vacation time I would be getting paid for.

I haven't made my airline reservations yet, but I do plan to arrive on Thursday, hopefully in the afternoon. I'm disappointed Cathe won't be teaching that Friday morning class, but that's minor in the whole scheme of things.

I am really looking forward to the whole experience and getting the great tips and advice from the veterans. Keep 'em coming!

Hey everyone,
I'm Bethany from Bradenton, FL. This will be my first RT and of course I'm sooo excited. I just got new Rykas today because I usually work out in my bare feet at home and that just won't work on the RT! I'll also need some clothes as working out in my underwear won't really fly either...:pI haven't gotten airline tickets yet but will probably fly in on Friday morning. See you all there!

Hi all,

I'm Rhondalyn and will be driving from KY with DH and whoever he can talk into coming with him. I hope to be in the area Thursday night but will probably stay with them that night and get to the motel early Friday. They'll be dropping me off and taking off to visit elsewhere. :D

This is my first RT and I'm just a little excited. ;)
smiley-bounce019.gif
Thanks for the tips and please keep them coming. I'm thankful to have a veteran roomie (KathyG) and will probably drive her crazy with questions. :D I can't wait to meet her and everyone else IRL.

Hi, I'm Jodi and I'm from Atlanta. This will be my 3rd RT (2007 and July 2008), and I plan to come in on Thursday afternoon. I will be traveling from Atlanta with my sister Mindy, who is attending her first RT. She lives in WA, but will be visiting us in Atlanta at the time, so we'll fly in together.

A couple of other things I want to mention to those who've never been: the Fairfield provides small bottles of shampoo and conditioner, so if you want to save some room in your luggage (and want to make it easier to fit your "liquids" in your quart-sized ziplock bag), you can leave those at home and use the hotel's. In the past I believe they were Pantene brand.

Also, along those same lines, there is a Kmart right next door to the hotels, and it is a very short walk across the parking lot. So if you've forgotten something, or (knock on wood) someone's luggage is delayed, it's easy to get over there and grab what you need!

Hi folks,

I'm a Melissa too. I'm from Rochester, NY. My plan is to drive in on Thursday. I'll be at the Residence Inn, and look forward to joining the lobby crew at the Fairfield on Thursday eve. :rolleyes:

This will be #2 for me. I attended last July. Geez, what a ball I had...My avatar is from a Saturday class, I'm the blur of orange in the top left corner.

The ziplock bag per outfit and special body wash tips were so perfect for my last RT.

I want to add the "bring a bunch of quarters for the lockers" tip as I was the dork who kept forgetting things from my bag locked in the locker and spent an arm and a leg getting back in to retrieve my water bottle....then my bands....then my hair band....then..well you can imagine.

So looking forward to it...

Last edited:
Hi I'm Jean. I will be flying in from Texas. This will be road trip #4. Can't wait to see everyone(First timers and repeats)

I'm Gabrielle and I live in AZ so I will be flying. I get in on Thursday afternoon. I'm so excited. It's my first Cathe road trip.

Hi my name is JoAnn and I will be flying in from Atlanta, GA on Friday. My plane arrives around 1:30 pm. This is my first RT, but I hope it won't be my last.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.