Just for fun--what was your first concert?

LauraMax - once again we have something in common. Did you see my post? I love Triumph. Those Canadians have something in the music water!

LauraMax - once again we have something in common. Did you see my post? I love Triumph. Those Canadians have something in the music water!

Holy crap! You too???? OK, did you think Rick Emmet was just the hottest thing ever w/those shiny spandex pants & crazy hair? :D

Def. the same taste in music. I have all those on the mp3 except Quarterflash. :p

I'm getting the sense from all these posts we're all pretty much the same age.

Mine was either Rick Springfield or Pat Benatar. Can't remember which. And I have no clue what the year would have been. 1980-something. :D

My dh and I seen Pat Benatar at Peabody's Downunder in Cleveland around 1992-93 I think. It's a small little bar and people were crammed in there. It was so hot in there but it was the best concert I've seen to date. She rocks. And since the place was so small, we pretty much had front row seats. I seen her twice and both concerts were awesome. :eek:

Mine was Madness at the Manchester (that's UK!) Apollo in 1980, the day before my 14th birthday. Absolutely fantastic, did the Nutty dance all the way through the show :p

(oh god, that's nearly 30 years ago!!!!!)

Queen, in 1976. What a great show that was. I went to a lot of concerts in those days - Supertramp, Genesis, The Who, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Cheap Trick (another great show) - those are the ones I can remember just off the top of my head. I saved all my concert ticket stubs from the '70s and the pile is about an inch thick.

Stebby

Gabrielle, yeah, the crowd was totally out of control, but you kinda have to blame the schedulers. I mean, what rocket scientist schedules White Snake to open for a southern rock band? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Same for the Bob Marley concert. Come on Average White Band with Bob Marley? In Italy to boot? No one had ever even heard of them. Having said that it was probably the most memorable concert of my life. Bob Marley definitely had charisma.

It was the summer before sophomore year in high school I believe and I got invited to go to 2 back to back George Michael concerts! We were chaperoned by a good friend of one of the girl's BIL's. We were all 15 or 16 yrs old and he was in his mid 20's I think. It was fun!:D We spent just as much time drooling over our chaperone as we did over George Michael!:p

It was the Carpenters when I was in high school. Yes, it's true. And I still love their music. The convention center here was brand new in the '70s and it was really even the first opportunity we had to go to concerts like that. It turns out my husband, who is older than I am and a now-retired police officer, was working as off-duty security for the event. Who knows -- we might have seen each other there.

Three Dog Night back in 1971 and Elton John in 1975. Yellow Brick Road!

What a fun thread!

If I recall correctly, it was the Monsters of Rock tour in the early '80s. The old Milwaukee County Stadium. Field Seats - we were right up front. The line-up:
Quarterflash, Triumph, .38 Special, Loverboy and Foreigner!!! All in one show!! All day event. Awesome!

Holy Crap. I grew up around there but I didn't go to that concert :(. There was a whole slew of bands I got to see at Summerfest in my teens though.

38 Special with a bunch of jr. high friends. Can not even believe I am admitting to that.

My first concert was Elvis Presley with my mother. I loved him. Unfortunately by the time I saw him he had put on a lot of weight but I still thought he was sooo handsome.

Santana - in Tuscon, Az in the late 70's. Lost my friend I went there with, I was all of 13...not sure how I made it home. :eek:

This is scary -- I can't remember the first concert I saw without my parents :eek:
But the very first one I saw with them was the Irish Rovers, 1966.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.