Just for fun--what was your first concert?

LauraMax

Cathlete
I'm stealing this Q from Anderson Cooper's show last night, it brought back such memories! :)

So, your first concert WITHOUT your parents. I'll never forget mine--I was 15 & a bunch of us decided on the spur of the moment to see Molly Hatchett at Great Adventure. Well, the opening band was White Snake. The crowd HATED them! They were throwing beer, sodas, food--pretty much anything they could get their hands on at the band. I was caught in the midst of a shower of beverages of all kinds. The lead singer stopped in the middle of a song, mooned the audience, & walked off the stage. :eek:

Personally, I've never been a tremendous fan of either band, but if I remember correctly, the rest of the show was fun. Nothing like an outdoor concert in the summertime. :cool:

Huey Lewis and the News. My parents weren't there but one of the supervisors from my boarding school was, so maybe that doesn't count. If it doesn't, Van Halen. :D

Love & Rockets, The Pixies, and The Cure - 1989. It was AWE-SOME. I would go to that concert again right now if I could.

OMG- that was 20 years ago!!!!!!

!!

My first concert without my parents was to see The Cranberries in Kansas City. I wasn't really a fan of the band but my EX-husband got free tickets. It was kind of fun because the lead singer wore ruby slippers!

My second concert was DMB...I LOVE them and the concert was a lot of fun.

A couple of years ago I saw Meatloaf in concert. It was a good show but there were too many middle-aged white men (like my DH) who have NO rhythm and couldn't even clap to the beat!!

With my parents, I saw Sha-Na-Na!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been to a WWE live event. That was A LOT of fun!!!

Carrie

I was in 4th grade. I was dropped off by my sister's friend's sister. It was Shaun Cassidy at Nassau Coliseum. We were in the last row.

chrissy

Don Mclean. I went with my older sister and some friends. I was 12. The first one without any family member with me was Kiss and I was 14.

Wow, Laura, I'm amazed about the crowd throwing stuff at the opening band. I saw the same thing happened to the Average White Band when they opened for Bob Marley in Milan in 1980. I thought only Italian audiences could be so rude. The band also left the stage mid set but without the mooning.

It was Tiffany at Kings Island- New Kids on the Block opened for her. I can't believe I just admitted that.

1985... Dire Straits in Athens, Greece...

But my first real concert adventure was flying alone to London, UK, in 1987, to watch Madonna "Who's That Girl" at Wembley Stadium... 6 hours in queue and lots of beer!!!!

Chris.

Mine was Elton John I was about 15 years old and went with my older sister....talk about a show....that when he wore all those wild costumes :p

Therese

I was thirteen and I went and saw Triumph. and evidently to have a man in his late twenties/early thirties grab my ass as I walked by. :confused: :rolleyes:

Def Leppard, 1987. Pour Some Sugar on Me days....they didn't sing it until the 3rd encore, and I wasn't leaving until they did ;)

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, it was the Monsters of Rock tour in the early '80s. The old Milwaukee County Stadium. Field Seats - we were right up front. The line-up:
Quarterflash, Triumph, .38 Special, Loverboy and Foreigner!!! All in one show!! All day event. Awesome!

I was thirteen and I went and saw Triumph. and evidently to have a man in his late twenties/early thirties grab my ass as I walked by. :confused: :rolleyes:

OMG! There's someone else in the world who's a Triumph fan? I have like 3 songs on my mp3. Magic Power always gives me goosebumps!

JeanneMarie, you saw another band w/a presence on my mp3. :cool:

Chrissy, I cannot believe you saw Shaun Cassidy. I'm jealous.

Gabrielle, yeah, the crowd was totally out of control, but you kinda have to blame the schedulers. I mean, what rocket scientist schedules White Snake to open for a southern rock band? :rolleyes:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.