Jay Leno - I'm glad I live in America - This is long -

RE: Jay Leno - I'm glad I live in America - This is lon...

I moved from the US to the UK last summer and thank god every day that I did. What's there to miss? Fat people, characterless suburbs, stolen elections, an entire city allowed to drown to death ... Yuck.

Lurdes

And a Mrs. Slocum salute to you as well!

>>Carola
>
>Although the people in Europe may not like Bush...I can assure
>you that they have not like Americans for much longer than the
>Bush administration. As a Canadian for over 20 years I
>personally have known that if you are going to travel in
>Europe, you are to sew a Canadian flag on your backpack. This
>way you are not mistaken for an American and will receive
>better treatment because Europeans don't like Americans. That
>is a truth and a wide known fact in Canada.
>Not trying to pick a fight....just stating a FACT.
>

I don't know where you get your facts from.

Americans have always been looked at as welcome guests in the countries that I lived in and that has not changed. Could there be a few people who don't like Americans, sure, there are a few exceptions in every country, but the overwhelming majority DOES like the American people.

With all due respect, what you are stating here, sounds more like an urban legend to me! And you can take this from someone who has lived and worked in different countries in Europe for 30 years.

Carola

Lurdes,
We FAT Americans sure do hate loosing a fine citizen like you to the UK, I’m sure you’ll be a great asset to the Brits. God help the Queen….;)

>Lurdes,
>We FAT Americans sure do hate loosing a fine citizen like you
>to the UK, I’m sure you’ll be a great asset to the Brits. God
>help the Queen….;)

Boy, can we just obstain from being mean-spirited, sheesh! And the smiley faces and LOL comments don't make it any less mean!

Carola

I see your 20 years and raise you 30. Carola, With all due respect you crack me up. LOL

>I see your 20 years and raise you 30. Carola, With all due
>respect you crack me up. LOL
>
She has lived in CANADA for 20 years, Bill. No, it's not part of the EU!

I have said BEFORE in this thread and in other threads that I have lived in Europe for 30 years. Unlike some other people I don't have make things up!

As wonderful as it is to engage in a intelligent conversation with you, Bill, you'll have to excuse me now, I have more important things to do, I think I need to clean my bathrooms.

Carola

Carola,
Slimmingmom’s 20 years of experience in Europe and the times I’ve been there, must have been our imagination, because we all know you just can’t be wrong and you sure DON'T make things up. Maybe someone was in a bubble over there….

Just a thought, just maybe people that LIVE there are treated differently than visitors. I take that back, you can't be wrong!!!!

This horrible thread needs to end here and now. You are all acting like dispicable children. Enough. You should all be ashamed. You have turned a great forum where we *used to* support each other in our love for Cathe and fitness into a nasty, mean place to be. I for one will not be back for a very long time.

Allison

>>I see your 20 years and raise you 30. Carola, With all due
>>respect you crack me up. LOL
>>
>She has lived in CANADA for 20 years, Bill. No, it's not part
>of the EU!
>
>I have said BEFORE in this thread and in other threads that I
>have lived in Europe for 30 years. Unlike some other people I
>don't have make things up!
>
>As wonderful as it is to engage in a intelligent conversation
>with you, Bill, you'll have to excuse me now, I have more
>important things to do, I think I need to clean my bathrooms.
>
>
>Carola
Correction, I have lived in Canada my whole life. I am a born Canadian.(Thank God, I wouldn't want it any other way!) I said 20 years because I was about 8 when I first started hearing and paying attention and meeting people who had done this. Even some Americans swear by traveling under the Canadian flag.
Now it doesn't really matter if this is an urban legend. Truth of the matter is, Bush is not the reason that there is a bad relationship with America. He is right now, but the relationship with Europe has been strained all the way back to WWII. Here is a little history lesson for you that explains just that....
http://dsc.discovery.com/anthology/spotlight/europe/slideshow/slideshow.html

>Carola,
>Slimmingmom’s 20 years of experience in Europe and the times
>I’ve been there, must have been our imagination, because we
>all know you just can’t be wrong and you sure DON'T make
>things up. Maybe someone was in a bubble over there….
>
>Just a thought, just maybe people that LIVE there are treated
>differently than visitors. I take that back, you can't be
>wrong!!!!
>
Sorry Bill, you misunderstood me. I have not traveled Europe myself. I've only had close friends and family go there. They are the ones I got my information from.

>>As wonderful as it is to engage in a intelligent
>conversation
>>with you, Bill, you'll have to excuse me now, I have more
>>important things to do, I think I need to clean my
>bathrooms.
>Now it doesn't really matter if this is an urban legend. Truth
>of the matter is, Bush is not the reason that there is a bad
>relationship with America. He is right now, but the
>relationship with Europe has been strained all the way back to
>WWII. Here is a little history lesson for you that explains
>just that....

Oh lordy, DIE THREAD, DIE!!!!!

Carola

>>>As wonderful as it is to engage in a intelligent
>>conversation
>>>with you, Bill, you'll have to excuse me now, I have more
>>>important things to do, I think I need to clean my
>>bathrooms.
>>Now it doesn't really matter if this is an urban legend.
>Truth
>>of the matter is, Bush is not the reason that there is a bad
>>relationship with America. He is right now, but the
>>relationship with Europe has been strained all the way back
>to
>>WWII. Here is a little history lesson for you that explains
>>just that....
>
>
>Oh lordy, DIE THREAD, DIE!!!!!
>
>Carola

Why? Are you afraid to have to admit you were mistaken? I find it funny how you feel it is OK to question and go off on other posters when your opinion differs from theirs, but when you are called out for something that you have said you want the thread to die. Interesting.

>Why? Are you afraid to have to admit you were mistaken? I find
>it funny how you feel it is OK to question and go off on other
>posters when your opinion differs from theirs, but when you
>are called out for something that you have said you want the
>thread to die. Interesting.

I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong. I have revised my opinion on a number of occassions based on an intelligent discussion with some very smart members of this board and I have no problem to admit when I am wrong.

What I have a problem with is people not discussing facts but myths and half truths, and the only thing they do is going into attack mode without listening to what was said.

Thanks for the offer to give me a "history lesson" about my home country (I am half German and half Swedish), however, I think I am gonna respectfully pass on your offer. I spent 30 years in various parts of Europe, so I have a keen insight into Europe's history and its attitude towards Americans and the rest of the world.

The thing is, this thread has gone sour and it's just not going to result in anything productive or meaningful.

Now, how about some advise on how to get through DrillMax on Wednesday without passing out on the step. Now that's productive :)

Have a great day!

Carola

I'm just curious - would we define Bill as a troll? A troll being someone who posts just to get people upset and riled up and to start a controversy? And if so, would we report him to the moderators of the forum?

Oh, Stop It!

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

It's unlikely he's a troll - he has been a member for 3 years.

A pain in the ass? Maybe. Not sure about a troll. I haven't read his posts enough.

From Wiki:

"Trolls can be existing members of a community that rarely post and often contribute no useful information to the thread, but instead make argumentative posts in an attempt to discredit another person, concentrating almost exclusively on facts irrelevant to the point of the conversation, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others. The key element under attack by a troll is the forum or group's recognized and agreed upon power structure[citation needed].

A person who retaliates (using whatever means) as a result of a misunderstanding (or as a way of rebelling against the overzealous application of rules) is not a troll [3]. A troll is a person who approaches a board with the specific intention of stirring things up, either as a goal in and of itself or as a means of attacking the board perhaps motivated by opposition to the ethos of the board. For example, a neo-Nazi approaching a Jewish forum with the intention of attacking the members, purely because the neo-Nazi knows the forum to contain Jewish members, will be considered a troll.

The general element, that determines whether a malicious user is a troll or not, is the level of indignant emotions present in the person, coupled with the person's history with the forum or group. An indignant user who has had a previous normal relationship with the group is not a troll, even if the user uses methods of attack that are characteristic of a troll attack.

The term Troll is often used as an insult in online communications, resulting in it being largely misapplied."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.