Is Cardio Coach getting ready to quit?

Me too! I just did v 2 on my elliptical and loved it, went back for the rest! Thanks so much for this thread and recommendations!!

Sandra

Saw this thread later than you all did, but even as I type I am downloading 4 workouts :eek::) I´ve always wanted to try them but the price stopped me...not any more :eek:

thanks!

Okay, I took advantage of the sale yesterday and ordered 1,5,7,8 and his full body circuit workout. I wonder what is Press Play? Is this another good workout?

Okay, I took advantage of the sale yesterday and ordered 1,5,7,8 and his full body circuit workout. I wonder what is Press Play? Is this another good workout?
Press Play is a compilation of the "Best of" Cardio Coach Volumes 1 through 7 (at the time Press Play came out, Volume 7 had not yet been released). It was created to raise funds for the Choose Living Foundation and it's an EXCELLENT workout that you can get by making a $20 donation. It's hard to explain, but it's the most inspiring and motivational workout I've ever done.

On the last Saturday of each month a group of us do the PP workout and check-in here on the OD forum. We'd love for you to join us! :D

For more information about Press Play look here: http://www.cardiocoach.com/miva/mer...PLAY-TRACKS&Category_Code=PRO&Store_Code=CCPS

Okay guys, I heard back from Coach Sean. He's NOT quitting and seemed distressed anyone thought he was... I wrote him back and told him that's what his little website message sounded like to me, also!

Then I asked about CC9. Waiting to hear back on that.

Stacey, did he ever get back to you on CC9???

The elliptical is PERFECT!!!! That's my preferred cardio machine and I use it for all of the CC workotus. The workouts are a mix of hills and sprints, both of which are fun to do on the elliptical. Volume 8 is all hills -- it's really hard but it's crazy fun on the elliptical! Honestly, the prices are so low right now that I'd highly recommend getting all of them. You'll get a lot of use out of them, I promise!
Hi, Miss Lee,

I am able to go to gym using elliptial and bike once a week. Currently, I use itread run set 16. I love how it mixed TM, elliptical and bike all at once to give some mercy to my knees. My question to you is how do I use CC for sprint and hills in elliptical or biking? Do I increase level when it is called for hills and rethym when it is called for sprint? I just got all CC vols.

Thanks

Hi,

I don't have an elliptical machine, but I do use my own bike on a trainer for CC workouts! I just did volume 7 this morning and got an AWESOME workout :D I just increase resistance for hills (and sometimes speed as my trainer is old and doesn't do the best job) and lower resistance and really up my speed for sprints. It works great!!!

I'm sure Miss Lee can help you out on the elliptical ? ;)

Have fun! You'll love them, that's a promise!!!

Hi, Miss Lee,

I am able to go to gym using elliptial and bike once a week. Currently, I use itread run set 16. I love how it mixed TM, elliptical and bike all at once to give some mercy to my knees. My question to you is how do I use CC for sprint and hills in elliptical or biking? Do I increase level when it is called for hills and rethym when it is called for sprint? I just got all CC vols.

Thanks
I see Mary answered your question as it pertains to the bike so I'll address the elliptical :D. The elliptical is ideally suited for CC workouts!! For sprints I ease up on the resistance and increase my speed. I try to keep cadence with the music and then adjust the resistance up or down until I'm working at the prescribed level (see the Quick Start Guide on the CC website for an explanation of the levels and zones: http://www.cardiocoach.com/Quickstart.php). For hills, again, I try to maintain the tempo of the music and increase the resistance until I reach the right level. My elliptical also has an adjustable crossramp so I can adjust the incline, too. Once you've done the workouts a couple of times it will finally click and you'll know how to set your equipment. It's a matter of understanding the levels of perceived exertion, or your HR zones, whichever method you use.

I don't use iTrains very often, and I don't have #16, but several CCers use multiple cardio machines in the same workout. Shana (meowracer) often does each challenge on a dfferent machine. She has an incredible home gym with an elliptical, arc trainer, step mill, and a bike, and she uses all of them, often in the same workout!! Maybe you could PM her -- she'd be happy to tell you how she uses her equipment. HTH!! :)

Last edited:
Hi,

I don't have an elliptical machine, but I do use my own bike on a trainer for CC workouts! I just did volume 7 this morning and got an AWESOME workout :D I just increase resistance for hills (and sometimes speed as my trainer is old and doesn't do the best job) and lower resistance and really up my speed for sprints. It works great!!!

I'm sure Miss Lee can help you out on the elliptical ? ;)

Have fun! You'll love them, that's a promise!!!

Thanks, Mary. I will try it this Saturday. I normally work out in park district gym while my daughter is skating.

In biking machine, do you choose biking or cardio? I normally chose cardio. But I would like to know whether it will make any difference. How much do you burn normally while you are doing cc workout?

As I mentioned before I did itread set 16. 15 min in bike won't get me over 200 cal. I only burnt 140 cal in TM and about 160 in elliptical. I got these numbers from machine. But itread claimed that each section (15 min) would burn over 200. I did pretty hard work. I ran between 5.5 - 7.5 in TM, biking between 70-105 RAM, while in elliptical speed about 7.0-8.5, occasionally sprint to above 9.0. All between level 8 - 12 for both biking and elliptical. My heart rate was pretty high, around 155 - 170. I am 5'3" with 129lb. I don't know how to get to burn over 200 in 15 min.

I see Mary answered your question as it pertains to the bike so I'll address the elliptical :D. The elliptical is ideally suited for CC workouts!! For sprints I ease up on the resistance and increase my speed. I try to keep cadence with the music and then adjust the resistance up or down until I'm working at the prescribed level (see the Quick Start Guide on the CC website for an explanation of the levels and zones: http://www.cardiocoach.com/Quickstart.php). For hills, again, I try to maintain the tempo of the music and increase the resistance until I reach the right level. My elliptical also has an adjustable crossramp so I can adjust the incline, too. Once you've done the workouts a couple of times it will finally click and you'll know how to set your equipment. It's a matter of understanding the levels of perceived exertion, or your HR zones, whichever method you use.

Is incline in elliptical the same as resistant level? I will check the machine this Saturday. I normally just hit the quick start then go manually.

Do you use hand handle while you are in elliptical? I can only increase speed by pushing the handle hard and faster. I don't know if it will be benefit overall cardio?

I don't use iTrains very often, and I don't have #16, but several CCers use multiple cardio machines in the same workout. Shana (meowracer) often does each challenge on a dfferent machine. She has an incredible home gym with an elliptical, arc trainer, step mill, and a bike, and she uses all of them, often in the same workout!! Maybe you could PM her -- she'd be happy to tell you how she uses her equipment. HTH!! :)

Thanks for your suggestion. I definitely will PM Shana. I always have a hard time to find my legs after biking. It will take me a few minutes in the TM to get the running feelings back.

I love, love the CC music. I did not do any vol. yet. But I listened to Vol. 1. Love, love it. Thanks, Michelle.

Another new CC fan!

I tried out V. 2 on the treadmill and was amazed how much I was able to increase my speed and inclination. And it was fun! So ordered 3 more.

Wheeee!!!

I tried out V. 2 on the treadmill and was amazed how much I was able to increase my speed and inclination. And it was fun! So ordered 3 more.

Wheeee!!!

Isn't it amazing? Welcome to the club :D

Inquiring minds want to know which ones did you get?

I got 4, 6 and 7. They seemed best for the treadmill because of the length of intervals. I will be trying 4 tomorrow.

Thanks, Mary. I will try it this Saturday. I normally work out in park district gym while my daughter is skating.

In biking machine, do you choose biking or cardio? I normally chose cardio. But I would like to know whether it will make any difference. How much do you burn normally while you are doing cc workout?

Hi,
I use my own bike on a resistance trainer. I use my own gears to shift resistance and then use speed to switch b/w hills and sprints. I don't have a heart rate moniter or computer of any kind for my bike. I just use perceived exertion. I end the workout sweaty, tired, red-faced!! Not a pretty sight :D When Coach Sean is counting down the last 20-30 seconds of a challenge, I am working to keep going!!! I think you'll just have to get on the bike and try one and see how it goes and make adjustments each workout! I am sorry I cannot be more help. Best of luck to you :)

EMAIL FROM THE COACH...

Just received this email from Coach Sean...
If being the Cardio Coach has taught me anything over the last 7 years, one of the most prominent lessons would be how similar the path of our lives compares to a Cardio Coach workout, on a mini scale of course. Some days are a level 2 walk along a coastal highway or a flat cool mountain trail where heart rate never leaves the green zone. Other days present us with a much different landscape and a much different heart rate.

Based on the news, what I hear from friends & family as well as many of my clients, it would appear as though many of us are now scooting around a narrow ledge where the wind is howling, legs are burning and our hearts pumping out of our chest.

Whether it is in life or in a Cardio Coach workout, when a level 4 challenge comes at us, we have the chance to find out who we really are. I know I've faced some pretty tough level 4 challenges along the way, as I am sure you have too, but many of us are now in the midst of a different kind of challenge.

If we want to get around this ledge, it is imperative to stay strong, stay determined and scoot ourselves across on our butts, if that's what it takes.

The wind will die down, the ledge will widen and there will be another stretch where the sun is shining, the birds are singing and our legs get a well deserved rest.

Whether you plug in your headphones and take me along with you for your workout, or you do your own thing, just remember how much better you feel at the end of a workout. Don't forget how important it is to stay moving. It does make a difference!

There are so many of you to thank for your continued support and overly kind words. Whether you blog about Cardio Coach, include encouragement and support in the order notes, post your comments in forums or just send me a random email, thank you for keeping me moving, even though at times, I'm scooting around the edge on my butt.

I will see you on the other side of the ledge soon.
Best Wishes,

http://www.cardiocoach.com
Recent News & Updates

Ways that I can help
To accommodate those of you facing tougher times, I've lowered the prices of the workouts to the lowest they have ever been. If you plan to get CD versions (only volumes 3, 4 & 6 left), they are moving fast and at $4.95 each you can afford to get a few extra for your friends. I also have only a few 10 pack CD sets of volumes 1-5. Each workout in this set comes with an instrumental cd. Also, CD-R versions are no longer available. Please see the website for details.
If you have lost your job and do not have the means to spend money on workouts, send me a note and I'll do what I can to help you stay moving.

If you are a teacher, contact me before you spend any money on Cardio Coach.
As it has always been, once you purchase a workout, you own it. If you lose it, just send me an email and I will look up your order and send a new link.
Last year, I moved all downloads to a new and faster server. To cut expenses, I had to move them back which means downloads from cardiocoach.com are not as fast. It also means that you will have to send me an email requesting a new link if you made a purchase before February, 2009.

Ways that you can help

If the old adage is true that it is better to give than it is to receive, I have a request for you. Whether it's for Cardio Coach, your dentist, your accountant or the corner baker, it is now critical for us to support small business. That doesn't mean you have to cut a check or spend a cent. Small businesses are getting hit hard and we now need, more than ever, for consumers to shout to their friends about good service and good experiences. Cardio Coach has virtually grown to reach tens of thousands of people all over the world because of word of mouth. Let's do our part and keep giving. It only takes a minute to send in a review or tell a friend about something you discovered and enjoyed. If you are new to using Cardio Coach and you discovered it because of word of mouth, please keep the chain going.
I installed a product review module in the Cardio Coach Proshop. Please stop by and take the time to submit a review for any or all of the workouts you have used so that new visitors can gain additional information from the viewpoint of your experience. To submit a review, just visit the Proshop, click on your favorite workout(s) and scroll down until you see "submit a review".
Please continue to spread the word to your friends and family. Word of mouth is the sole form of advertising for Cardio Coach. Blogs, forums, Face Book and chatter are keeping Cardio Coach alive.
A Unique Request

I am still a 'one man show' running Cardio Coach. For those of you who know football terminology, that's like a nose guard playing the role of quarterback. While I am proud of how far this nose guard has taken the company, I know for Cardio Coach to succeed to a higher level, it needs a full time quarterback.

I am taking the initiative to keep Cardio Coach alive by interviewing for an individual who specializes in strategic partnerships and company growth. This will allow me to keep my focus on producing workouts and other areas I am best suited for. Many of my customers may not know that Cardio Coach is the first company to provide and sell downloadable audio workouts over the internet. I own a patent for guided audio exercise and have a few additional projects that are currently not on the market but have the same potential.

If you believe you have the resources, knowledge, experience, drive and determination to take something great (but still virtually unknown to the world) into a business success, please send me a note and tell me why, along with any other information you believe is relevant.

I will do my best to respond to everybody who writes. I have received several emails already suggesting ideas for things I can do. While receiving new ideas are great, the goal is to find a quarterback who can make those ideas happen.

Volume 9

Volume 9 and any future workouts are on hold until a new plan is in place.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.