I'm surprised

Kimenem

Cathlete
....Cathe doesn't just shut this forum down. I feel bad for her if she read this stuff because though I can't speak for her, I can only imagine how she feels watching something she cares deeply about and has created for US, being torn apart. I mean really people...WHY does there always have to be such drama here? I used to think this was a place of support, where people could come and share ideas, ask questions, and make new friends. We all have a common interest here, which is to be fit and healthy, and this used to be and I believe could be again, a great place to be. I feel bad for newbies who create an account and one of the first things they read is how someone called someone else a name or accused them of something. This is just childish. Yes, I too have been bashed for something innocent but I have enough drama everywhere else. I surely don't need it where I come for inspiration.

I agree Kim. We all came here for the love of living a healthy life and a love for Cathe's workouts. Its a shame to see so much tension between members and it makes me sad. This place is supposed to be somewhere we can all come for support and motivation. I've seen such a change in this forum since I first joined. Its becoming just like other forums I used to visit that were very unwelcoming.

Kim - Totally agree with you. I have to say though that if people would stop starting separate threads to discuss the issue, the forum wouldn't be flooded with negative threads. Instead of resolving the issue in one thread we have now spawned a good 5 or 6 separate threads and there isn't any room for anything else in the forum. Let's move on and stop discussing the discussion about the discussion about the original thread that no one remembers who started anyways. Someone post some puppies or something! I totally agree with what you're saying though. I honestly feel that if the forum hosts would take a little more of a role in moderating the forums and outlining what is and isn't appropriate forum behavior, there wouldn't be as much of a problem. When you let everyone run amuck without any supervision especially on the internet, things can get messy.

I LOVE YOUR AVATAR by the way!!! Too cute!!! We need more pictures of those guys!!!

I had a boss one time that would say that things ebbed(spelling and meaning?) and flowed. She meant that it gets crazy and back to normal over and over - I think. I was in high school when she used to say this. Things will settle here. Usually in life you have to sift through information from who or whatever source.

I really think that Cathe, at this point in time, has learned how to deal with negative comments. However she may feel about the direction of the forum it is what it is and I am sure it will not change that much if at all.

I hope everyone justs keeps coming and taking what if helpful to them from the forums. I have had a lot of support and great responses to my questions. The debates - to me - are good reading. Usually because someone comes into the thread and writes some comic relief. An the emoticon's, beating the dead horse and such make me laugh. Wish I knew how to do that.

Anyway - we are all a part of each others lives if we continue to frequent the forum. How it affects you is up to you. Let it affect you in a good way......... and for all you english people I am not sure if it is affect or effect.....

Winter

i was just thinking about the same thing-shutting this forumn down. i will come back next week to see if things have blown off.

laura

It's 'affect'...LOL!!

Anyway, I agree with all of you. That was all I was saying the other day...that there was nothing funny about what was said by Jerry about Cathe being a fruitcake. I also didn't like that thread recently about Cathe's "new" appearance. She is lovely. She is wonderful. She has changed my life so much. I wish all this drama would end, for her sake.

Clarissa

I have to say though that if people would stop starting separate threads to discuss the issue, the forum wouldn't be flooded with negative threads. Instead of resolving the issue in one thread we have now spawned a good 5 or 6 separate threads and there isn't any room for anything else in the forum.

As someone that started one of those threads I didn't realize that my thread was keeping other people from posting on topics of their choice or liking.

Never mind... The more I try to explain myself the worse it sounds. And no one wants to suffer through my train of thought. ;)

Last edited:
I have been a forum member since the end of 2004 or the beginning of 2005. I used to post in the O/D all the time. As time wore on my posts in here have dwindled. I spend the majority of my time just lurking and only post consistently in the check in I am a part of. I have definitely noticed this place changing over the years. I wish it would go back to how it used to be. Sure we had our disagreements but it was a much nicer place overall. Makes me sad....:(

I see it as just a normal ebb and flow. I've been here mostly lurking from way way back and there have been plenty of other periods of drama and then it dies down and people go back to "normal" topics. There are some who feed on the drama and don't know when to let it rest but eventually even they quit posting on a thread when they get no response.

I agree--normal ebb and flow for the most part. I've seen it happen other places. There are still great people here talking about great things. And great people lurking who we'd love to hear from more.

And I'd say it's "affect" in this case. I have an English degree if that gives my opinion any more weight. ;)

Nope, it's "effect". Sorry.

Well, since Kathryn probably has better things to do than read this thread...

aardvark.png

. and for all you english people I am not sure if it is affect or effect.....

You were right, it is "affect." Here's a great explanation from the Writers' Block Web site:
Affect and effect are two words that are commonly confused.
"Affect" is usually a verb meaning "to influence".
The drug did not affect the disease.
"Effect" is usually a noun meaning "result".
The drug has many adverse side effects.
"Effect" can also be used as a verb meaning "to bring about".
The present government effected many positive changes.

As a writer, I am a stickler on this one. (Also am a stickler on who vs. whom, anxious vs. eager... the list goes on.) Pardon my anal retentiveness. :confused:

Sorry for the tangent... I just wanted to post here to say that I agree that it's time to let these negative posts fade out. I think the horse is dead. (Insert Liann's smiley here.)

I recently got my husband's cousin to purchase DrillMax. She never has tried a Cathe workout, so she was excited. I wrote to her and told her that she not only would enjoy the workout, but would love the Web site. As soon as I wrote that, though, I was worried that when she visited, she'd immediately be turned off by all of the drama and unrest. I touted this place as a place of fitness support, not grown people who whine about stars and fruitcakes. I got to thinking, it's really not fair to Cathe for us to turn these forums from their intended purpose. If I were in her shoes, I'd be a bit mortified to think that newcomers visit here daily and may be totally turned off. We should be shining examples of Cathe's work, not embarrassments to her.

I'm very guilty of this too. In the past, I have partaken in MANY political debates on here. Probably hurt a few feelings/ruffled a few feathers in the process too. And I regret that now. I hope we all can put our grievances aside and remember why we're here in the first place. Let's use our strong-women opinions for a common good. :)

If we all start a happy/healthy thread today, we'll change the landscape around here. :)

Nope!! It's not!

When I left the stove on, the effect was that the house filled with smoke.” When you affect a situation, you have an effect on it.

I think I'll give more weight to Lainie too ;)

Thank you! :D I didn't want to re-comment on it! :D

Clarissa

Stephanie - I am pretty good with the correct uses of words/grammar. So please don't think I am an idiot if I ask you to explain when to use who vs. whom because that one has escaped me.

Thanks, Stephanie. I was too lazy to try to explain anything. My pet peeve is the use of "not hardly". I read Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta novels and she is always using that one. It really annoys me that a character who is supposed to have both a law degree and a medical degree is using a double negative all the time.

You use "who" when it's the subject; "whom" when it's the object. Like you use "who" if you could substitute "he" in the same spot and "whom" if you would use "him" in that spot.

OK, I'm sure Stephanie can explain better--I have to go pick up a crying baby for now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.