I broke my sts case,...

fit_fairy

Cathlete
Just simply trying to get the dvd out :( Thank goodness it was just the case and not the dvd. One of the cases came cracked already. I suppose I will be buying a dvd binder for these,... it's a pity.

Oh and yes, I was being gentle and following the instructions on how to get them out.

Mine was cracked when it arrived too. I have been trying to be really careful removing the dvds. They kind of come out of the cases with some difficulty. So afraid I will damage a dvd. Also one of my dvds was loose when I opened the case.

Last edited:
Diane Sue, I also had a case that was cracked on arrival :( At least I know it's not just me having trouble. Seems like no one wants to talk about it :confused:

DVD Case Problem

All you need to do is contact customer service and we will take care of you. The STS cases are more fragile than a normal single Plastic DVD case, but normal single cases can sometimes have their own problems like loose DVDs. Loose or defective DVDs actually worry us more and are normally a bigger problem on a large presale release as they can prevent you from using the DVD. The current cases have had pretty close to zero problems with loose DVDs and we have only had a few reported defective DVDs. But again we apologize if you received a cracked case. Unfortunately, there are just not a lot of options when it comes to a DVD case that can hold 12 DVDs. The only plastic case that holds 12 DVDs that anyone manufactures has issues with holding discs securely. The story book case we chose does not have this problem and seemed to us to be the best bet even with its shortcomings.

We will certainly try to improve the packaging in the future to reduce problems, but only a small percentage of people will have a problem with the current cases.We've been using our samples for months with no problems except a little difficulty getting the DVDs to release the first time. Though we have had people report cracked cases, this presale release has actually been about as smooth and trouble free(knock on wood) as we could hope for when you consider the number of DVDs released all at the same time.

Two of my cases arrived a bit cracked, but an email to customer service solved that problem. They sent me two new cases very quickly (and a mailer to send the cracked ones back) - thanks for the great customer service!

Cynthia thanks for sharing..I actually like my STS case but this would help with all my MISC DVD instructors. Will you let us know how you like it once you get a chance to actually use it?

I will. It's scheduled for delivery Friday:)
I think it will hold all my Cathe dvd's!!!

Catherine, I'm so sorry about your cases. Thankfully mine are all fine, and I haven't had too much trouble removing the discs. I had an issue with a case once and I contacted CS. Nancy got back to me right away and within 2 or 3 days I had a new case. Nancy is GREAT!! ;)

Cynthia - I like that one better than the other one I was looking at. How did you get free shipping? I don't see anything about that on the page?

Cynthia - I like that one better than the other one I was looking at. How did you get free shipping? I don't see anything about that on the page?

I added it to the cart and went through check out. When I got to the shipping options, I had 4 choices. Free Ground was one. I just tried it again, and it was still offering me free shipping.
Someone on the VF wasn't offered free shipping. I'm not sure if the free shipping is for that specific item, or my zip code?

Has anyone tried this one:
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx?...lated,cpprod^V27288,cm_scid^dtlr&walk=&cmtags=

Enough room for all the STS DVD's that are currently in the not-that-great cases (the 36 from the 3 Mesocycles).

I'm not using my discs much now (I just previewed the first week of each meso), but I also hate the cases. I didn't break anything yet, but one of my fingernails almost got pulled off its bed from trying to pry out one of the DVD's on the 'back' of a page (and yes, I DID separate that 'page' from the others before trying).

I also don't like the way the cases don't stay closed, but rather fan out, unless they are jammed against something else on each side of them (a sleeve for each set would have remedied that).

Here's a trick youmight try

Hello,

Here is what I did: I pushed hard on the middle with my thumb while trying to lift at one of the four 'dips' on the outside of the circular portion holding the disk. I did not try to pull it all the way out, just a bit. Then I rotated the disk so I was pushing with my thumb again, but lifting on the 'dip' directly across from the 'dip' I just pulled on. What it did was loosen the disc in a couple of places. If it still seemed a bit stuck I repeated the process again with the two remaining 'dips' I hadn't tugged on yet.

It really worked for me. Of course, you need a little patience, but it didn't really take all that long and the alternative of cracking the DVD is a far worse option.

All the best,

Has anyone tried this one:
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx?view=2&app=detail&params=item^V26009,RecTypeInd^EPIPHANY,navlist^V26214*V27472*V26009*,cp^detail,tmp^related,cpprod^V27288,cm_scid^dtlr&walk=&cmtags=

Enough room for all the STS DVD's that are currently in the not-that-great cases (the 36 from the 3 Mesocycles).

I'm not using my discs much now (I just previewed the first week of each meso), but I also hate the cases. I didn't break anything yet, but one of my fingernails almost got pulled off its bed from trying to pry out one of the DVD's on the 'back' of a page (and yes, I DID separate that 'page' from the others before trying).

I also don't like the way the cases don't stay closed, but rather fan out, unless they are jammed against something else on each side of them (a sleeve for each set would have remedied that).

Kathryn - Does that case have the sleeves that you slide the disk into or does it pop onto the disk holders? It looks like the plastic pop on type holder which I actually prefer because I don't want to scratch my disk up pulling it in and out of a sleeve.

-Scratch that, they are sleeves. They claim that they will not scratch your DVD's but I've never found a sleeve that didn't. Hmmm... what to do...

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.