I broke my sts case,...

Someone on the VF wasn't offered free shipping. I'm not sure if the free shipping is for that specific item, or my zip code?
That might have been me. When I went thru the ordering process it offered free shipping. I just didn't go thru far enough the first time. Thanks again Cynthia. It's shipped already.

All you need to do is contact customer service and we will take care of you. The STS cases are more fragile than a normal single Plastic DVD case, but normal single cases can sometimes have their own problems like loose DVDs. Loose or defective DVDs actually worry us more and are normally a bigger problem on a large presale release as they can prevent you from using the DVD. The current cases have had pretty close to zero problems with loose DVDs and we have only had a few reported defective DVDs. But again we apologize if you received a cracked case. Unfortunately, there are just not a lot of options when it comes to a DVD case that can hold 12 DVDs. The only plastic case that holds 12 DVDs that anyone manufactures has issues with holding discs securely. The story book case we chose does not have this problem and seemed to us to be the best bet even with its shortcomings.

We will certainly try to improve the packaging in the future to reduce problems, but only a small percentage of people will have a problem with the current cases.We've been using our samples for months with no problems except a little difficulty getting the DVDs to release the first time. Though we have had people report cracked cases, this presale release has actually been about as smooth and trouble free(knock on wood) as we could hope for when you consider the number of DVDs released all at the same time.

For subsequent STS releases you really should consider putting the entire system in a dvd binder, as suggested by a previous poster. Though my system arrived in excellent condition, I'm half thinking of doing this myself, strictly for convenience sake. In fact, you may want to consider making the binder itself available (alone) for those of us interested in transferring everything to a single book.

All in all, I'm pretty thrilled with the system, though I'm only previewing the disks right now as I do all my 1RM tests. I just have to remark that I really love the super smooth editing and all the camera angles.

That might have been me. When I went thru the ordering process it offered free shipping. I just didn't go thru far enough the first time. Thanks again Cynthia. It's shipped already.

Oh, that's great! They do ship fast.
I think mine is coming today. :)

I got mine the DAY AFTER I ordered! (Cindy Lauper's "I drove all night" ---redone in a not-as-good IMO version by Celine Dion---went through my head when I thought of my UPS delivery peeps!: "I drove all night...to get to you...")

Cynthia - How do you like the case?

It is a very nice case, but not what I wanted.:( Each disc slides out and has a fabric pocket that holds the disc. It's what I would consider a vertical version of the binder style.
I think the select disc gear would be the better choice because the disc are not rubbing against anything. I don't want my STS rubbing every time I take them out and put them away. I'll admit, I am super picky. I just LOVE my STS program and don't want anything to happen to them.

Not a total loss for me. My son loved the case and wanted to use if for all his computer disc.

That was my concern too Cynthia, that it would rub against the sleeves when pulled in and out. I am SUPER anal about that kind of stuff. I don't want any scratches, marks etc... on my disks. That is why I took everything out of my binder a while back and put them back into their cases. Even in the short time I had my DVD's in it, they had light scratches. I think I will look into the selector one. I just wish I knew if the mechanism that pulls the cd up was cushioned or not. Don't want that scratching the disk either! ;)

Yeah, from a QA point of view....I was very disappointed with the story book cases. The discs are hard to get out (I'm afraid to crack one pushing too hard) and without any protective covering over the jackets, they're going to fade and show wear and tear fast.

I'm going to order some 12 disc plastic cases (like the squat rack discs came in) and replace the story book holders. I may "clip" the covers and take them down to a printer to get some good quality color copies to slip in the plastic covers.

The STS set is incredible and so worth the wait, I'm VERY happy with it. And as SNM has said in the past, they learn from each release.

Kathy G

My cases arrived broken, I just picked up a binder to put the discs in. Other than the packaging, this is such an amazing set, I am beyond impressed.

It is a very nice case, but not what I wanted.:( Each disc slides out and has a fabric pocket that holds the disc. It's what I would consider a vertical version of the binder style.
I think the select disc gear would be the better choice because the disc are not rubbing against anything. I don't want my STS rubbing every time I take them out and put them away. I'll admit, I am super picky. I just LOVE my STS program and don't want anything to happen to them.

Not a total loss for me. My son loved the case and wanted to use if for all his computer disc.

RATS!! Mine will be here Tuesday. Oh Well...(sigh) I guess I'll use it to store hubby's burned music CDs. They're all over the house in those colored slim cases. I'll keep looking. Hopefully others will post their finds.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.