Horizontal conditioning and low impact rotation

psusoccer17

Cathlete
I have been doing HC twice a week for a month now. I am so impressed with the results I have achieved doing this and cathe's w/o. I have osteoarthritis in my knees and need to do low impact now. Does anyone have a good rotation that I could do with LIS, Xtrain and HC? I would like to do 5 days/week and do HC twice. Any help would be greastly appreciated.
Katie

I would like to know this as well. I just started the 90 day xtrain/lis rotation today, but I'd like to add in HC also. My core needs it!!!

I just got HC vol 2 (my first HC). I did the workout on Friday and loved it...had to modify it dramatically...it was tough!!! But now I definitely want to conquer that thing and add it to my rotation as well.

I am currently doing the April 2013 rotation and am wondering if I should add it two days a week or replace something in the rotation 2 days a week. !???

I think I will try to add it, because I hate to miss any of the workouts!

I usually sub the UB workouts Cathe has posted in the rotation with HC. The changes in my core are incredible with HC and I have made no change in diet AND I am 45 :)

uh...maybe i've been under my rock too long, but what is hc? and where do i get it???

thanks

BestICan

I've never made a rotation before but I'm attempting to cobble one together now using STS/XTrain/LIS + HC and also Lastics....

I borrowed bethj's Kinder Gentler STS etc. rotation to use as a template.

I own the Getting Started and Volumes 1-4...plus I was recently enabled to purchase Lastics which I'll use once a week.

I want to use HC twice a week and get my weight training in. For me cardio is not a primary focus as any of the HC's get my heart rate up as well as leg workouts so it's looking like one cardio only day per week.

It's a work in progress. I'm about to wrap up the XTrain / LIS 90 day rotation and I want to incorporate some of the workouts that don't appear there as well as skip the ones I don't love...*shifty eyes*...nobody heard me say that, right?

If anyone's interested I'd be glad to post it once it's done....will need a couple more days probably (unless my afternoon suddenly gets quiet - miracles happen).

uh...maybe i've been under my rock too long, but what is hc? and where do i get it???

Do a google search for horizontal conditioning. It's a workout that really works the core (very tough). Lots of planks, pushups, some legs, etc. Some workouts use a step, stability ball, body bar, gliding discs, dumbbells.

HTH!

I've never made a rotation before but I'm attempting to cobble one together now using STS/XTrain/LIS + HC and also Lastics....

I borrowed bethj's Kinder Gentler STS etc. rotation to use as a template.

I own the Getting Started and Volumes 1-4...plus I was recently enabled to purchase Lastics which I'll use once a week.

I want to use HC twice a week and get my weight training in. For me cardio is not a primary focus as any of the HC's get my heart rate up as well as leg workouts so it's looking like one cardio only day per week.

It's a work in progress. I'm about to wrap up the XTrain / LIS 90 day rotation and I want to incorporate some of the workouts that don't appear there as well as skip the ones I don't love...*shifty eyes*...nobody heard me say that, right?

If anyone's interested I'd be glad to post it once it's done....will need a couple more days probably (unless my afternoon suddenly gets quiet - miracles happen).

I would love to see your rotation, please post it when you are done. I can't do much cardio anymore due to knee issues so one day is perfect.
Thanks,
Katie

Hi! Sorry this has taken me so long. I am about to finish up making this rotation - I just have to prettify it in a new Word document and then I'll copy/paste it here.

I have learned two important things while working on this....

One....It's hard to make a rotation! I honestly didn't think it would be this challenging to do - especially considering I was borrowing a rotation from bethj as my base. But wow, it takes some thought to not repeat too often or forget whole parts...:eek:

Two....The LIS is mostly cardio! Now, of course I knew that but...I seriously didn't want to keep repeating Total Body Trisets. So, week 6 is Other.

It's a 7 day a week rotation with 3 weights, 2 Horizontal Conditioning, and 1 Lastics.

I've been doing the XTrain / LIS 90 day rotation since January 28th....so that'll tell you something about how tightly I adhere. 112 days and I still have a few days to go.

My idea of a "rotation week" is pretty slippery and I'd actually prefer not to use it as an organizing limiter....but that seems to be how it's done.

My theory? Need a rest-day? Take a rest-day. Life too crazy? Skip it. Do a shorter premix. Sub in a workout you really feel like doing instead. It's just not worth getting all worked up about. We are trying to CARE for ourselves and NOT punish.

Also...I think a reward is in order at the end of each rotation. I buy myself a new workout top.

OK...I'll be back shortly with it.

Thanks for your patience.

STS / XTrain / LIS / Horizontal Conditioning / Lastics / Other Rotation
With thanks to bethj for her Kinder Gentler STS etc. rotation upon which this is based.

My goal was to include 3 days of weights, 2 of Horizontal Conditioning, 1 straight cardio and 1 Lastics.

I own Volumes 1-4 of Horizontal Conditioning so that’s what I used here. I also have Boot Camp but I’m afraid of it so it’s still safely in shrink-wrap, LOL. Use what you’ve got. I’ll sub in a Getting Started if I’m tight on time.

Lastics is an amazing athletic stretch DVD…but if you don’t have it you could just sub in any stretch or yoga of your choice.

I put together a “Other” week just to change things up so if you don’t have those particular workouts you could just repeat the previous LIS week.

Week 1: Meso 1 of STS

Meso 1-Disc 1-Chest, shoulders, biceps-50 min
Afterburn
HC – volume 1
Meso 1-Disc 2-Back and triceps-56 min
HC volume 2
Meso 1-Disc 3-Legs-53 min
Lastics

Week 2: XTrain

Hard Strikes
Chest, Back and Shoulders
HC volume 3
Burn Sets Bis and Tris
HC volume4
Legs
Lastics

Week 3: Low Impact Series

Total Body Trisets UB
Low Impact Challenge
HC volume 1
Athletic Training
HC volume 2
Total Body Trisets LB
Lastics

Week 4: STS Meso 2

Meso 2-Disc 22-Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Tabatacise
HC volume 3
Meso 2-Disc 24-Back and Biceps
HC volume 4
Meso 2-Disc 23-Legs
Lastics

Week 5: XTrain

HC volume 1
Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders
Hard Strikes
HC volume 2
Bis and Tris
Cardio Leg Blast
Lastics

Week 6: Other

Slow and Heavy- Legs and Shoulders
HC volume 3
Slow and Heavy - Chest and Back
HC volume 4
KPC or 4DS KB
Slow and Heavy - Triceps and Biceps
Lastics

Week 7: STS Meso 3

Meso 3-Disc 31-Chest and back
Slide and Glide
HC volume 1
Meso 3-Disc 33-Shoulder, Bi’s, Tri’s
HC volume 2
Meso 3- Disc 35 Plyo Legs
Lastics
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Hi! Sorry this has taken me so long. I am about to finish up making this rotation - I just have to prettify it in a new Word document and then I'll copy/paste it here.

I have learned two important things while working on this....

One....It's hard to make a rotation! I honestly didn't think it would be this challenging to do - especially considering I was borrowing a rotation from bethj as my base. But wow, it takes some thought to not repeat too often or forget whole parts...:eek:

Two....The LIS is mostly cardio! Now, of course I knew that but...I seriously didn't want to keep repeating Total Body Trisets. So, week 6 is Other.

It's a 7 day a week rotation with 3 weights, 2 Horizontal Conditioning, and 1 Lastics.

I've been doing the XTrain / LIS 90 day rotation since January 28th....so that'll tell you something about how tightly I adhere. 112 days and I still have a few days to go.

My idea of a "rotation week" is pretty slippery and I'd actually prefer not to use it as an organizing limiter....but that seems to be how it's done.

My theory? Need a rest-day? Take a rest-day. Life too crazy? Skip it. Do a shorter premix. Sub in a workout you really feel like doing instead. It's just not worth getting all worked up about. We are trying to CARE for ourselves and NOT punish.

Also...I think a reward is in order at the end of each rotation. I buy myself a new workout top.

OK...I'll be back shortly with it.

Thanks for your patience.

What did you think of the Xtrain/LIS rotation? Did you see good results? I had completed a week and then got sick and didn't go back to it. I'm thinking of trying it again

Thanks for posting your rotation, I will have to eliminate a few w/o due to my knee arthritis but will sub ride for those. CLB and plyo legs are my favorite w/o's but I cannot do them anymore which is very frustrating.
Katie

What did you think of the Xtrain/LIS rotation? Did you see good results? I had completed a week and then got sick and didn't go back to it. I'm thinking of trying it again

I love this rotation! (Ok..except for maybe how many times some of the workouts repeat but...I now realize how hard it is to do a rotation so....:p)

I have more room for me in my pants! I have probably lost a couple of pounds. I have some definition in my arms. My Buns of Hummus are now maybe Buns of PlayDough...definite improvement. I feel stronger overall.

And take my results with a huge grain of salt because I am a healthy eater for the most part but quite unwilling to sacrifice the pleasure of food for less body fat.

Thanks for posting your rotation, I will have to eliminate a few w/o due to my knee arthritis but will sub ride for those. CLB and plyo legs are my favorite w/o's but I cannot do them anymore which is very frustrating.
Katie

Hi Katie, sorry about your knees. I do turn the volume up so I can't hear mine snap, crackle, and pop so I'm probably heading down the same road. I don't have Ride. But I think it's great to sub something that works for you.

I really like this rotation! Good job! I can't come up with my own. I have tried and just get confused. So after I did creating I love doing rotations now!

Will Cathe do a HC DVD?

I had never heard of this either. Horizontal Conditioning sounds great! Shouldn't we try to persuade Cathe to do a DVD, then?

Hello Story1267,

I would love to hear about your results with your rotation using HC & weights. Are you still working out with the HC dvd's?

Sherry

Hi love this thread. I completely forgot I have HC.

Can I alternate PUB/PLB with HC or do I need to add a cardio or something?

I was thinking
Mon PUB
Tues HC
Wed PLB
Thurs HC
Fri OFF
Sat???? Cardio???

Thanks for the feed back.

Carmen.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.