Homeschoolers Monday

Just getting us started.

BM2 never happened this weekend. I took naps, organized my kitchen, did laundry, homeschooled my twins, read about trigger points, and practiced massaging my dh. I'll probably do a premix of BM2 today. I don't have much time in the afternoons.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Annette... I hope you are feeling better today!!!

Wendy

Good morning!!

I just bought my son the teach your child to read in 100 lessons book. I"m excited to see what it brings us. Has anyone used Math-U-See? How about handwriting without tears? I'd love some input on those!!

I did my week 4 day 2 of the couch to 5k program this morning. I'm hoping to get in an upper body workout toxday....maybe PUB!

Jessica

Jessica, I had 100EZ lessons. I loaned it to a friend and never got it back!:eek: Another friend of mine used it with her four children to jump start them into reading. I used HWOT with my twins. I wished I had found it when my eldest dd was learning how to print. I haven't used MUS. I hear good things about it though. Looks like you're well on your way!!!!:)

Karen, WTG on the 3 mile treadmill hill runs. My treadmill doesn't automatically adjust the incline. I have to stop the treadmill to adjust it. Doesn't make for a very intense workout!!!:mad:

Kathy, Are you feeling better? You must be in order to finish BM2!!!

Lori, LOL on watching three different news channels while doing yoga. Do you feel centered and balanced?;)

Okay, gotta start my day!

Hi to all who follows!!!

Wendy

Good Morning Homeschoolers....I was just taking a break from school and thought I would check in..Didn't get to KPC this weekend, so I did it this morning...Pretty good workout.. Have a great day!!!

HI all,

I think I have allergies which I knew I had Fall allergies but not as bad as they are right now. At work last night I was miserable, my nose is/was running, my throat is scratchy and hurts at times, my eyes felt funny and of course I am still dizzy. Today is a rest day (I don't normally workout on Sundays and Mondays).

Thanks for asking.

Oh, Annette ~ I hope you feel better soon. My sister suffers from allergies, and I swear some of her bouts are worse than any head cold I've ever caught.

Jessica, we used "100 Easy Lessons" too and had great success. Some complain that it's too dry, but my kids were so motivated to learn, it didn't bother them. The fact that I promised them each a huge sundae after Lesson 100 didn't hurt either. :)

I do not recommend Cable News Yoga. :eek: Think I'll do one of the Power Yoga For Happiness premixes today.

Lunch Break. In the mist of possesive nouns and plural nouns. I can see why this is so confusing for children. :p A couple more practice sentences and we should have it.

Today was a 60 min endurance workout. This is my taper week for the half so my runs won't go over 5 miles. Of course it's cool. I only get 10 mile runs in the heat :eek: Anyway next week is the final four weeks of runs up to the 13 mile point. I will enjoy myself this week heat or no heat.

Wendy- Are you already a massage therapist or is that what you are studying to become. I wish you lived near me. I would love to be your test patient. I bet your dh loves you.

Jessica- I agree with Wendy. I wish I would have found HWOT for my oldest. I really love those books and use them for all my kids still. My 11 yo practices still with those books. I mean her handwriting is pretty much in place at this point but it doesn't hurt to practice. My 11 yo is the only one who uses MUS. MUS is a great program however it doesn't work for all of my kids. For the other two I use Horizons. The thing is with MUS it is a one concept per year book. You master the concept thoughly each year. For instance when you do Multiplication you master it front and back and all the way around that year. They add in what is already know which would be additon and subtraction but no division in used that year. The following year would be division and then the three prior concets are used. My dd likes one concept deals with her math. She doesn't like five of six concepts per page like with Horizons. You could have +,-, fractions and divisons plus time on one page. My other two like the variety. The use of the blocks helps with thinkers like her who need to see it to figure it out. My other two do math in their heads and I have to tell them to write it out. My dd who does MUS writes is all out. MUS alos has loads of word problems which to me are very hard but she loves them. It also does tons of work with forumulas. It is expensive when you have to buy blocks or other manipulatives but if your child likes it, it is worth every cent. She honestly can figure formulas better than me.:eek: This year she is doing fractions and so far she loves all the overlays. A child who uses MUS is not behind from learning one concept either. I was comparing Horizons and at this point they are doing what MUS is doing, it is just the way the text is written that they are getting all the concepts over and over again in diffent forms without them even knowing they are using all the methods. I really like it but like I said my one 9 yo hated it. She hates word problems and likes all the diffent things on one paper. She got real bored the other way. Hope this helps.

Back to nouns.

Hi everyone.
Lori - I love that. "Cable news yoga!" I'm not much into yoga or cable news so I don't ever see myself putting those all together:p

I did Low Max yesterday morning before all of the party preparations. DDs birthday part was great. It's the first big party we've ever had for her. Today I did Muscle Max. I'm on vacation from work for two weeks so was thinking about adding another workout session to some of my days. Thinking about doing additional cardio on weights days. We'll see how that goes.

Have a great day everyone.
Aimee

Hi everyone..

Wendy: Thanks for asking. I am feeling much better today. My headache was back last night some. But, I rested up last night and it is much better today..

Jessica: I have used Handwriting without tears and liked it. I use Abeka for everything else. So, I can't help you with the other instructionals. Good Luck..I do remember that I used hooked on phonics some with my son to teach him to read. Then it just helped to read to him and him to me and sound everything out.

Annette: I hope you are better soon. My hubby has those allergies too..

Checking in today with Legs & glutes...Big hello to everyone!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.