Hi Everyone!

Well hello there Cathe! :) I bet you are one busy bee with a RT to host and a new series to film!

Hi!

Hi Cathe!! I'm counting down the days to Daytona! It'll be nice to be in the warm sunny beach and to workout with you of course! I was very excited to see the casting call details yesterday, I just have a couple more questions.... If we are interested in auditioning for all of the catagories would we do them back to back? Is there going to be anyone giving us direction or directing us at all or will it just be a blank canvas for us to show you our stuff? I guess I mean to transition from the strength exercises to the step or from say chest flys to barbell curls etc. Have a great day!

Thanks,
Nicole

Undulating STS Rotation

Hi Cathe!

Stupid me! I started a new thread on this but then saw that you started your thread so I copied/pasted!... :D

I'm so glad to catch you in the forums, because I usually miss it due to the time difference! :)

I am in the third week of the Undulating STS Rotation (Week 1: Meso 3/Disks 1-2-3, Week 2: Meso 1/Disks 1-2-3, Week 3: Meso 2 Disks 1-2-3, Week 4: Meso 3/Disks 4-5-6 etc.) and I have to admit It's one tough sequence!!! Major DOMS even in my toenails! LOLOL

Anyways, my question is, since Meso 3 is Upper-Lower-Upper, Meso 1 is Upper-Upper-Lower, and Meso 2 is Upper-Lower-Upper would it be wise to change the sequence of the workouts each week to match, e.g. all Upper-Upper-Lower or Upper-Lower-Upper?

Chris.

It will be so fun to spend a weekend with you Nicole. I just want to assure you and anyone else that is auditioning that the audition is going to be very relaxed and casual. I don't want you to spend your entire weekend in Daytona stressing about the audition...so really know that it will be a fun time.

Someone will have a sheet and ask you to do what is next. You will not have to memorize any of it (except for the finished product that you are demo-ing from your step routine of choice) . You may not be asked to do every single thing on the list but do know how to do all of them in case you are asked.

I expect that when I receive the tape that there will be a nervous auditioner making some mistakes, starting over, telling me they are sooo nervous etc. You are human, I am human, I would be nervous too, but thats what shows me you care about what you do. I will look past the nerves. I am not looking for perfection, as nobody is perfect. You don't see half of what gets edited out of our DVD's :eek: Please relax, have fun, and just roll with it :D

Hi Cathe!! I'm counting down the days to Daytona! It'll be nice to be in the warm sunny beach and to workout with you of course! I was very excited to see the casting call details yesterday, I just have a couple more questions.... If we are interested in auditioning for all of the catagories would we do them back to back? Is there going to be anyone giving us direction or directing us at all or will it just be a blank canvas for us to show you our stuff? I guess I mean to transition from the strength exercises to the step or from say chest flys to barbell curls etc. Have a great day!

Thanks,
Nicole

Last edited:
Thank you so much Cathe! Thanks for replying and reassuring me! That makes me feel better. I'm very excited. I can't believe it's almost October already!

Hi Chris! So nice to have you be able to finally join us. Thanks for stopping in. You have me exhausted just reading about your program....GO CHRIS!!!! To answer your question, yes, switch to upper lower upper for all of the meso's. You NEED the extra recovery :eek:

Hi Cathe!

Stupid me! I started a new thread on this but then saw that you started your thread so I copied/pasted!... :D

I'm so glad to catch you in the forums, because I usually miss it due to the time difference! :)

I am in the third week of the Undulating STS Rotation (Week 1: Meso 3/Disks 1-2-3, Week 2: Meso 1/Disks 1-2-3, Week 3: Meso 2 Disks 1-2-3, Week 4: Meso 3/Disks 4-5-6 etc.) and I have to admit It's one tough sequence!!! Major DOMS even in my toenails! LOLOL

Anyways, my question is, since Meso 3 is Upper-Lower-Upper, Meso 1 is Upper-Upper-Lower, and Meso 2 is Upper-Lower-Upper would it be wise to change the sequence of the workouts each week to match, e.g. all Upper-Upper-Lower or Upper-Lower-Upper?

Chris.

Hi Cathe! STS question!

Hi Cathe! So nice to see you getting to take a little "sit down" breather here! :) Boy how I miss ya and boy how I wish I were coming to Daytona! But you can bet I'll be there when you come to my hometown! MWAH!!

I have a question or two about doing the undulating rotation of STS. This past month I had a doctor-enforced SIXTEEN DAYS off of working out due to bronchitis and asthma. Ugh! Awful to be so sick (first time in years and years) and more awful to be so sedentary. :mad: But it's all history now, I'm completely well and feel great, have doc clearance to go all-out and I've re-started myself slowly and carefully (you'd be so proud ;)). In another week or 10 days I'm gonna start STS again -- just giving myself a bit more time to re-acclimate. This undulating rotation thingy looks very interesting and I'm wondering:

• What are the advantages/disadvantages of doing STS this way and
  • Would it be okay for me to do this, since it starts (I see) with a bit of Meso 3? Or would you recommend I do STS just straight up from start to finish?
Thanks for the advice -- hope you're sitting there enjoying some yummy salmon and broccoli from next door!!! :D

Hi Cathe!! I hope you are doing well. I was wondering if there are plans for a long sleeved Cathlete tee? I love my others - people around here actually think I fashioned them after my name :rolleyes: I try to explain but well, you know. Looking forward to Shock Cardio!!

Take Care!!
Catherine

Cathe, your hair!

Hey Cathe, one more quick and silly question that Liann's gorgeous avatar made me think about. :) What'd you decide about your fall hair color? Did you go back and get a bit more caramel or did you stick with the autumn brunette? :D

XOXO from your very (currently) brunette friend! :p

Thanks Cathe!

I am really feeling my upper body overworked (and it's only been 3 weeks!!!) so moving all leg workouts mid-week is the solution I've been looking for!

Chris.

"Cathe" shirt confusion! :)

Hi Cathe!! I hope you are doing well. I was wondering if there are plans for a long sleeved Cathlete tee? I love my others - people around here actually think I fashioned them after my name :rolleyes: I try to explain but well, you know. Looking forward to Shock Cardio!!

Take Care!!
Catherine

Catherine, I know exactly what you mean about the tees and your name! :D I discovered A WHOLE YEAR into taking my Tues night spin class that the whole class thought I kept wearing tee-shirts with my own name on them!!! It never occurred to me that my classmates had no idea that I spell my name "Kathy" and so that wearing my Cathe tees to class might cause this confusion. Then one night another "regular" on the bike beside me said "Hey, do you mind my asking, do you have some kind of business because I see that you have your name made into a logo on all your shirts....." I nearly fell off the bike in shock!!!:p

Another vote for a long-sleeved Cathe tee. I'd wear it regardless of what confusion it might cause!!! :)

Catherine, I know exactly what you mean about the tees and your name! :D I discovered A WHOLE YEAR into taking my Tues night spin class that the whole class thought I kept wearing tee-shirts with my own name on them!!! It never occurred to me that my classmates had no idea that I spell my name "Kathy" and so that wearing my Cathe tees to class might cause this confusion. Then one night another "regular" on the bike beside me said "Hey, do you mind my asking, do you have some kind of business because I see that you have your name made into a logo on all your shirts....." I nearly fell off the bike in shock!!!:p

Another vote for a long-sleeved Cathe tee. I'd wear it regardless of what confusion it might cause!!! :)

Kathy that is funny. It's a bit embarrasing because I feel like people think I am so full of myself that I made a tee shirt with my name on it :eek: I am glad I am not alone :p

Happy Tuesday!!!!

Cathe:

I hope you have a blast in Daytona! It looks like a fun location for a Road Trip! Thank you again for the Travel Fit update. After reading your description and seeing the pictures, I am just as excited about this one as Step Moves! I love the upper and lower combinations! This looks like a fun workout! I have been wanting a DVD like this since the 2007 Road Trip class you taught with a band and stability ball.

You shared with me during the Road Trip that you want me to do some weight workouts. I enjoyed Meso 1, but I am not ready for the rest of STS. How many weight workouts a week (minimum) would you recommend if my goal is weight loss?

Have a blessed week! I am still hoping to see you in Texas next year! Hugs! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Hi Kath! My goodness you have been put through quite a bit lately...you poor thing. I'm glad to hear you have it licked now! Whew! Here are some feel better hugs for you (((((((((((healing hugs)))))))))))))))!!!

As far as doing STS as an undulating rotation, there is no one way to do this. Undulating simply means to completely maximally change things up with each and every workout. From reps speeds, to light weight, to heavy weight, to extra sets, to single sets, to double wave load....you name it everyday is a new completely mixed bag workout....it is the ultimate in muscle confusion....a level of training only a very seasoned exerciser should attempt (and yes, you fall in this category :D)

How you decide to scramble it is up to you. The only requirement is that you balance your muscle groups by weeks end.

The advantages of an undulating program is that the seasoned exercisers body NEVER adapts because it never has a clue whats coming from workout to workout.

The disadvantage is that if you are not a seasoned exerciser, your body could get injured in the process of adapting as it is not familiar enough, nor does it have the proper foundation or muscle maturity established to take on such change and challenge.

In my opinion, I suggest one full year of solid weight training with a mastery of form, technique, kinesthetic awareness, and anatomy knowledge before training this way.

Take Care Kath! Thanks for popping in!

Hi Cathe! So nice to see you getting to take a little "sit down" breather here! :) Boy how I miss ya and boy how I wish I were coming to Daytona! But you can bet I'll be there when you come to my hometown! MWAH!!

I have a question or two about doing the undulating rotation of STS. This past month I had a doctor-enforced SIXTEEN DAYS off of working out due to bronchitis and asthma. Ugh! Awful to be so sick (first time in years and years) and more awful to be so sedentary. :mad: But it's all history now, I'm completely well and feel great, have doc clearance to go all-out and I've re-started myself slowly and carefully (you'd be so proud ;)). In another week or 10 days I'm gonna start STS again -- just giving myself a bit more time to re-acclimate. This undulating rotation thingy looks very interesting and I'm wondering:

• What are the advantages/disadvantages of doing STS this way and
  • Would it be okay for me to do this, since it starts (I see) with a bit of Meso 3? Or would you recommend I do STS just straight up from start to finish?
Thanks for the advice -- hope you're sitting there enjoying some yummy salmon and broccoli from next door!!! :D

That is so cute Catherine! Love it!

Actually I have wanted a long sleeve shirt for a while and have been considering having them made, just don't know when. I live in these types of shirts all fall/winter/early spring long. Thanks for putting the bug bag in my thought process :)

Take Care!!
Catherine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.