Hardcore Fitness Maniacs September 1, 2018

Today I did Cardio Coach 3 and had a great workout. I had to be at work early again so I had to start earlier than usual. Still had a great workout.

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 364 calories, went 2.92 miles and did 5813 steps. HR was 146/192.

Roselyn - Prayers to your dad. I hope he is getting better.

Diane Sue - Nice job with your workout. Good luck with your appointment today.

First, my sincere apology to you guys. :) Do know I’m back.

Today’s workout, Cardio Coach ‘press play’ I know I’ve been inconsistent pass few weeks, not sure what was going on with me; to be honest I just did not feel like working out, at all; fell in a slump, as I do every now and againo_Oo_O

Decided to do another round of STS, yep that’s what I’m going to do lol

Debbie, Roselyn, Jolie and Diane, really missed you guys.

Roselyn - Sorry to hear about you dad, praying for a speedy recovery.

Reactions: WD
Today I woke up with a fever! Gosh, I cant catch a break. I did have a nice weekend in Laguna Beach with my husband, a much needed break from all of the stress at my house. I came back yesterday and it all started again with my son, God will he ever grow up??? He is so angry at me and verbally abusive that I am about to crack. I am going to start counseling for myself to see what I can do to change the situation and just get through until he grows up and moves out. I am so tired of how I feel and being yelled at 24/7. Sorry about being a bummer all of the time but I am just venting and I feel so bad all of the time I just know what to do. Then, pile on all of the Menopause symptoms on top of all of the other shit I am going through, it is just amazing I get through each day. We are meeting with Realtors all week about listing our house so I am not sure what I will get in for working out. My oldest son was so nice he drove home 10 hours just to check on me and to have lunch with me at the beach on Saturday. He left yesterday back to school and football. If I didn't have him I think I would not know how to go forward.. I get that not all kids like their parents but for me it is heartbreaking. I am standing here dripping have another hot flash!!!!!

Nice workouts today everyone, I will get back to my schedule tomorrow if I am feeling better.

Roselyn, I am praying for you father!

My appointment was a disappointment. Not what I was hoping for. I told him that on days where I have something to do I don't take the daytime dose till way late afternoon and then the night dose before bed and that sometimes if my afternoon is full and I have to shop or drive, I skip that dose. He really didn't say much except mentioned maybe changing the med. I asked side affects and he said not any more than what I am taking. Then he mentions that he would gradually raise the dose on the new med and would be doing testing regularly to check the liver and kidneys. I told him I would keep trying what I have instead. I am glad that I know what I am dealing with, and I may just end up dealing with it on my own and skip doctors and prescription meds.

Debbie, I nice work with Cardio Coach :) I really do not miss having to get up extra early in the mornings. I deliberately try to schedule things late morning or afternoon. It does not always work out that way though.

Doz, you will get back out of the slump. You seem to like STS so a rotation that is set should help you to stay focused. Good luck. I wish I could make myself take breaks. Even if I am not really feeling a workout, it is such a habit that I just do it. I have to force myself when sick to remember that it is not required that I workout everyday and that I am not going to lose much.

Jolie, maybe a naturopath type of doctor could help? B vitamin infusions or something? We have one around the corner from us and I have thought about it. I don't know if Medicare takes care of that sort of thing. THey do all of the wellness testing and flu shots etc. . Teens are often like that. Some are easier than others. My oldest was my son and he was the easiest. The girls were more of a trial and they tend to have those crazy hormonal things from early on. They can say the cruelest things. My youngest daughter and I talked about this yesterday. It does break your heart when they are like that. I usually did not retaliate. The temptation is there. Like I told my daughter, I think back on how mean I was to my mother at times and wish I could take it back. She said she was the same. Remember when he upsets you to try to be calm and not let it get to you. At least later he will only remember your being helpful and not losing it. Maybe a councilor could help you to sort through things. That was great that your older son came home to check on you. I gather your husband is gone most of the time.

Today starts Meso 3 and I did Chest & Back. Wow, what an intense workout. I thought it was 63 minutes so I adjusted my start time to make sure I can get this all in, and then when I read it again after I started, it was 68 minutes. I did as much as I could before I had to stop and get ready for work. I ended up doing it all but the very last two sets of this Push/Pull workout.

About 1 min. 20 second rest between each exercise and set
Flat Bench Press - 55#/60# warmup - 12 reps each
Push/Pull - 4 sets/8 reps, alternating exercises
Flat Bench Press - 80#/80#/75#/75#
Barbell Rows - 50#/50#/50#/50#

Flat Bench Flies - 25's/27's/27's/27's
One Arm Rows - 35#/35#/35#/35#

Incline Bench Press - 75#/75#/75#/75#
Barbell Deadlifts - 50#/50#/50#/50#

Incline Bench Flies - 25's/25's/25's
One Arm Horizontal Rows - 30#/30#/30#

I walked in place during the long rests and was able to get some good steps in as well. I needed the rests so I did not rush those.

Workout was 65 minutes, I burned 491 calories (woohoo!), and did 3256 steps. HR was 136/177.

DOZ - Good to have you back, nice job on PP!! Hope you enjoy doing STS again.

Jolie - I'm so sorry about all the stuff you are dealing with. I don't know what to tell you other than - be strong and don't let him get to you. He doesn't mean it. I have said things to my mom in the past that I regret, we all do it. HOWEVER, if he gets physical with you, make sure you use one of Cathe's moves from a kickboxing workout to shut him down. LOL! Sorry, couldn't resist. But in all seriousness, do NOT let him demean you. That you do not deserve. Where is your husband in all of this? Does he stick up for you? Does he tell your son to knock it off? Just curious, you don't have to answer that if you don't want to. Prayers to you girl, I feel so bad for you.

Diane Sue - I'm sorry your appointment didn't turn out as you hoped. Thing with doctor's is, they don't know our bodies the way we know our bodies. They are all so quick to hand out drugs and what they don't realize is we are the type of people who don't want to "mask" the symptoms, we want to figure out what's going on and fix them. Have you checked with a holistic doctor? Maybe they can help you with your arthritis?

Have great workouts everyone!!

Morning

This morning workout, started with Cardio Coach #8 then on to STS chest shoulders and biceps. It was like my very first time lifting weights,gee! I used 5/8/10 dumbbells

Diane - Thank you, seems like once or twice a year I fall into a slump, life I guess. Starting STS again, will help keep me committed. Check out natural herbs.

Debbie - Niceeess work, times fly with STS, your weigh choices; impressive. Are you seeing results?

Jolie - hope you are not coming down with something, rest. Hope your day turn out wonderful for you.

Roselyn - How’s your dad is feeling today?

Well guys, I’m funky and need to soak my bones in a hot tub. Have a wonderful day everyone

pha 1 live today

My dad is slowly getting better he also had a bleed in his stomach no ulcers, probably from his blood thinner he needs for afib, so we will see if he can still take, his aortic aneurysm has grown some:( so day by day

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Step Boxing #2 with the kickboxing drills, 41 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 161, 271 calories, met 6.0, 3,623 steps. I then did Ice Low Impact Sweat time saver step, 28 minutes, heart rate 127 average, 150 max, met 5.8, 179 calories, 1906 steps. Total time 69 minutes, 448 calories.

Debbie, way to go with the calories on Meso 2 and starting a bit earlier. I was thinking that if short on time, maybe something could be omitted.
I have thought a bout a natural health doctor. We have one real close and her motto is not to take care of the problem and cause and not just the symptoms. I just don't know that Medicare would pay for it. I have read plenty from Clinicians and I have sort of a game plan with prescriptions as a last resort I could try.
I talked to my daughter about the other med. She says she has not used that one for her patients. Just the one I am taking. She said kind of stated the same thing my doctor said and that it was very rare for the med to cause the liver and kidney issues. My other question was is that a sulfa drug. She said yes it is. I have it in my history that sulfa drugs give me hives.

Doz, you will get the strength back fairly quickly. We always do ;) I am using some herbs, Meriva Curcumin, Cat's Claw, bromelain, collagen, L glutamine, a natural magnesium + calcium supplement, fish oil, along with herbs for allergies lie Quecitin and Stinging Nettle. . A lot of stuff. Other vitamins and some adaptogens. The arthritis doctor has a complete list of what I am using. Right now the ragweed is so bad I am miserable just from that and I don't take meds for that as I don't like the side affects.

Roselyn, praying that he is continuing to get better. It takes so much longer as a person gets older to recover. It may take him awhile.

Today I had an awesome workout, I took something to help me with anxiety before I went to bed and that helped a lot, except for the hot flashes! I also get headaches with the hot flashes that are so intense it is bad. Getting old sucks!!!!! Today I did a Giant Set for Shoulders, 3 rounds and each set x 12 reps. I ended with Leg Ext.'s and then I did Powerstrike 6 warm up and punches only with 1# gloves. My shoulders are fried!! Workout was 48 minutes and I burned 378 calories. My warm up was a 1 mile dog walk like I do everyday.

Seated Overhead Press- 17's x 12 ( 3 rounds of the Giant Set )
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10# x 12
Upright Rows- 17's x 12
Rear Delt Flies- 10's x 12
Front/Rear Raise- 8# x 12
Arc Raises- 5's x 12 - these are burners!

Leg Ext.- 50# x 20, x 20, x 16, x 16

PowerStrike 6 Punches only with 1 # gloves.

I had a horrible morning yesterday but after my son cooled down he actually came and apologized to me! That was big because he always thinks it is other people's fault, he could never take any responsibility before. So, though I am nervous what today holds for me, at least he is starting to think about his behaivor. Baby Steps I guess. In regards to my husband, yes he sticks up for me but is rarley home when this happens. He leaves for work at 7 or 8 am and never gets home before I go to bed. He works 6 days a week so it mostly on me to deal with. My oldes son is really starting to step in and give him the what for over the phone which is helpful. I cant wait to move and get him back in school all day so I dont have to be around him so much. This is unhealthy, but he has awesome grades for once!

Debbie, good job on the Chest and Back workout! Those are slow moving but very hard workouts if you are lifting heavy. He has never laid a hand on me so I feel safe that way, and he knows i would go balistic on him if he did. I took 15 years of Karate when I was younger and he knows I can fight!n LOL My nickname isnt Physcho for nothing!! :)

Diane Sue, sorry about the doctors appointment not going well. I have a friend that did Prolotherapy and it helped a lot but it is expensive, or i know someone that did the stem cell treatment way and it worked really well for them.

DOZ, nice workout and welcome back!

Roselyn, I am glad to hear that your father is doing better today!

Have a wonderful day.

Jolie, I am glad that your son came back and apologized. Maybe things will settle down some when you get moved. I hate selling and showing a house when I am in it. I have done that way too many times. Our last house sold so fast that I was rushing to get all of our stuff together and we ended up having to move it and store it and stay with my daughter and her family till we got another house. It only had several showings and that was it. The people came back twice and wanted it. Dr Axe has mentioned Prolotherapy. I think him and his wife went to an island country and got Prolotherapy or something like that done recently. I would have to go back and look at the pictures and blogs. I don't think I would be doing that. I am sure insurance would not want to pay.
Getting old is not so bad once you get past the hot flashes you will feel so much better. ;)

Today I did Meso 3 Legs and did the Squat Rack workout. Love this workout and for some reason, the low rep high weights do not bother my knees. At least it didn't today. Had a great workout!

4 sets/8 reps each:
Squats - 12's/12's - 10 reps (warm up)
Squats - 25's/25's/25's/25's
(I used dumbbells)

Elevated Deadlifts - 55#/55#/55#/55#

Leg Press Station - 135#/135#/135#/135#
(Was supposed to be Front Squats)

Static Lunges - 20's/20's/20's/20's
(Used dumbbells on this too)

Lots of rest between, I ended up resting only about 2 minutes if that. Towards the end I rested the whole time Cathe rested. Hate those long rests. Again, I walked in place during the long rests and was able to get some good steps in again.

Workout was 63 minutes, burned 399 calories (can't believe that!), HR was 124/153 and went 3237 steps.

Was thinking about doing BB again after this but the way the workout is laid out, I'm not sure I could and also get in my cardio twice a week. I'll have to sit down and look through it, maybe I can come up with something.

Also going through some struggles looking in the mirror. Good God, where did the bags under my eyes and wrinkles come from? It's so disheartening to see this, I really get upset over it. I know it's vain, but there you have it. I can't stand it. I see the aging process happening all over my body and although I still have definition and some muscle, I see how aging is happening. Not liking it one bit.

DOZ - Great job with your workout!! That was a long workout, be careful to not overtrain. That might be why you get into your funks.

Roselyn - Glad to hear your dad is getting a bit better. It does take longer due to age. I hope he recovers fully for the wedding. Nice job with your workout. Are you doing BB again?

Diane Sue - You did the RAW Step Boxing, right? I'm looking forward to getting her new workouts. The sculpting one looks good. Nice job with that workout! The holistic doctor I go to for my breast thermal scans sends a claim to my insurance but they never pay it. The insurance companies really need to get with the program. Holistic doctors are getting popular. I don't mind paying out of pocket, but if I had to go for a problem and had to keep going back, I doubt I could afford it. It's a shame, really. When you look at other countries, like China, they do not have cancer there. America is really the only country that has cancer running rampant like we have it. I believe it's because of all the drugs they put us on and all the "preventive maintenance" they make us do. Nothing else makes any sense. Oh, and of course all the crap they hide in our food!!

Jolie - Glad you had a good workout and a better day yesterday. My hot flashes are getting back again, too. I can't stand it anymore. In fact, I'm having one right now, I am drenched. Ridiculous!!!!

Have great workouts everyone!!

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Kickbox and Contour, 43 minutes, 266 calories, met 5.6, heart rate average 127, max 160. 2,643 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Back side from the backside front side workout and added the abs and stretch from the end, This was 40 minutes, met 4.0, 177 calories, heart rate 101 average, 128 max, 820 steps.
Backside weights
reverse fly 15# dbs 10 reps
alternating revers lunge row 15# dbs 10 reps
I cannot remember what the third move was and I have it written as BBS??15# db 10 reps
repeat
one arm kick back 15# db 10 reps to /1 arm standing crossbody triceps extension 15# 10 reps then do other side
suitcase dead lift 20#; 25# dbs 10 reps
repeat
plies 30# db 10 reps
calves 20# dbs 30 reps @ 10,10,10 different foot positions
repeat
superman on bench 10 reps
frog legs on bench 10 reps
repeat
good mornings 20# db 10 reps
plank wipers 10 reps
repeat

Debbie, I think we get too many x rays and too many prescriptions are given out. We do have less disease than some countries because we keep up the immunizations. I think there is much more need for self care and not so easily jump to meds to just take care of that one problem that turns into more problems from the meds. Insurance companies do not want to pay out more than they have to. They keep cutting back on what they allow as it is. My daughter finally got her first mammogram and said she wasn't sure she would do it again. She avoids their family getting x rays at the dentist office every year. Although she is really not a proponent of so much health nut people as she might put it. She has had patients die or end up with large holes where the cancer had to be cut out, that tried to treat their skin cancer with oils and herbs. They would insist it was getting better. I think the chemicals and GMO foods and stuff probably are a bit of a problem as well. The only good thing is we are definitely not a starving nation. I think we see more signs of the aging in the mirror than others do. We are our worst critics. It is a battle and I try not to think about it too much and do the best I can. Those wrinkle creams and stuff seem to not work very well. The Step Boxing that I did yesterday was an older one. I have her first step boxing workout which is pretty old and an hour long. Then I have the 30 Minutes to Fitness one that has two step boxing workouts and premixes that have some weight drills added, or kickboxing drills added or both. Or you can do just the kickboxing drills and weights.
The new workouts have been shipped so we should get them soon. I was tempted to hold off on my weights today, just in case the new workouts came. :)

Today I did Biceps and Triceps with Deadlifts at the end. 3 rounds of each Giant Set and I did 12 reps per set. I had an awesome workout. I finished with a 2 mile walk outside which did not hurt my toe since I didn't walk up hills, I stayed on flat ground. I forgot to charge my Fitbit last night so it was dead for my workout. Oh well, I had a great workout anyway.

Bicep Curls- 15's x 12 ( 3 rounds of this Bicep Giant Set )
Hammer Curls- 15's x 12
W Curls- 12's x 12
Preacher Curls- 12's x 12

Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 12 ( 3 rounds of this Triceps Giant Set )
Cross Body lying Ext.- 12# x 12
2 Arm Kickbacks- 8's x 12 ( need to go heavier next time )
Triceps Cable Pull Downs- 30# x 12

BB Deadlifts slight bend in the knee- 45# x 16, x 16, x 16

No Abs today.

Debbie, great leg workout today. I feel the same way about me aging, it is pissing me off and a little depressing too! I am fighting it all the way! At least we have muscles! :) If you think about it, we are hard on ourselves. Look how much better we look than the average American. My doctor tells me everytime I see her that I am her most fit patient and in the best health of everyone. That is something to be proud of and I am sure your doctor feels the same way about you! I hope your knees dont hurt tomorrow so you can do some cardio. Maybe higher reps is too much repitition for your knees?

Diane Sue, Great Kelly workout today! Thanks for posting the workout i am going to print all of them up so when I want to do them I know what to expect.

DOZ and Roselyn, I hope you have nice workouts today. Roselyn, I hope your dad is feeling better.

Happy Hump Day! I call it Trash Day and its time to put out the cans! LOL

I forgot to mention that the abs at the end of Kelly's workout was crunches and reverse curls repeated :) It is cool today and was drizzling this morning. I went to Sprouts and it was 58 outside. You can tell fall has hit. I noticed leaves on the walkway this morning, and I just cleaned that up yesterday.

Jolie, Nice workout today. I am glad that you were able to get out and do a flat walk. I know how much that you like to do that. I keep doing the best I can with what I got. When I went to the doctor they were saying how great my blood pressure was and was a bit surprised at my heart rate at 56 bpm. It is frustrating when I work so hard to stay in shape and good health and I come up with something else that I have to fight like RA. You are right, we are in better shape than many that you see wandering around out there. Most people my age sit around and have many ailments. That was real obvious when we went to a retired workers meeting from my husbands job. Everyone talked about their ailments and surgeries and who had died. A few were older than us though. Funny thing is my husband put pictures of me together from when we were first married till August and was saying I still look the same. Maybe love is blind because I sure see the difference.

Evening everyone :)

This morning had an awesome workout. Kick, punch and crunch premix did some extra sets. I was pooped when finished. Well I’m just getting in from a long day, going to rest, ttyl

Nice work guys!

Today I did Cardio Coach 6 with Sean and had an excellent, puke status workout. Even though my legs are extremely sore from yesterday's leg workout, I had a great run today. I need to get abs in this week still, hopefully I'll have time tomorrow.

Workout was 51 minutes, burned 463 calories, went 3.72 miles and did 7488 steps. HR was 144/190.

Nice workouts yesterday, everyone! I don't have time for personals today but I can totally relate to all you said about getting old. I hate it. We are all ahead of the game, though. I'm happy to say my body looks to be about 30 and I feel like I'm still 30, but my face sure doesn't reflect that age!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not all wrinkled up with a face that looks like a prune, I just see lines and wrinkles showing up and I don't like it. At all.

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Today I did an hour slow steady run, that’s it. I was going to do STS #2; but, to be honest, I just didn’t feel like it. So I am calling it a day lol. I don’t think I ate enough yesterday, matter of fact, I know I didn’t. Today, I’m going to relax and finish watching ‘ Somewhere in Between. Enjoy your day everyone.

Debbie - Nice work.

This morning I did Kelly's 30 minutes to Fitness Total Body Kick box mix alternating workout 1 and 2 ( I like this one because I get a break in between the weighted boxing #2 and the regular kick box #1. I used 1# dbs for the non weight kickbox and 5# dbs for the slower weighted moves from 2. This was 46 minutes, 297 calories, met 5.9, 3,762 steps, heart rate average 134, max 165. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Front Side with the warm up added, 34 minutes, 575 steps, heart rate average 92, max 126, met 4.0, 150 calories (Map my fitness gave me 184 calories using weights as my setting) I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw Stretch since I really needed this and have been neglecting it. 28 minutes, 62 calories, met 2.0. Total time was 1 hr 48 minutes, 509 calories.
Coffey Fit Raw Front Side begins at 31 minutes into workout. Also the warm up for Front side begins at around 6 minutes into the warm up. Kelly has you do the moves for the workout with 3 to 5# dumbbells to warm up. You can also do your own warm up. I probably could have left it out coming off of the kickboxing workout. There is no rest on each set of 3, you just go from one to the next.
Shoulders
Arnold press 15# dbs 10 reps
Front raise 15# db 10 reps
sissy squat no weight 10 reps I find this easier to put my hand on something so I can lean back far enough to get it right. Last time I did the second set as squats with weights, but not this time
repeat
Chest
flies 20# dbs 10 reps
bench press 20# dbs 10 reps
quad press (this is seated leg lift and I added 3# ankle weights on the second set) non weighted
repeat
Biceps
21's 15# dbs
supinated curls 15# dbs 10 reps
side lunges ( I need to remember that she does one db first set and then two the second as I would use 2 both) 15# db 10 reps second set 2 15# dbs
repeat
abs pulse crunch / reverse curl
repeat

Debbie, great job with Cardio Coach today. :) I know we are all hard on ourselves. I can see a bit of loose skin here and there, but I don't think most people would notice it at all.

Doz, nice job on the steady state run. Sometimes the body is just not that willing to add. I have hit those points after a cardio or a weight workout and the plan to move to another and I can see it is just not happening.

No workout today, I went to the Chiropractor and I have been glued to Fox News watching the Supreme Court hearing and Brett's Opening Statement was on of the best speeches' I have ever heard! Shame on the other side!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.