Hardcore Fitness Maniacs September 1, 2018

Jolie, I can see how the elliptical will feel better on the. No bending the foot while walking. Nice work today. Those things seem to take forever to mend. I have used the abs circuits workouts a lot. The med ball was always a favorite. I have to do the non partner one :)

Today was Cardio Coach 1 and then I did the no equipment stretch from Stretch Max. Had a great workout and stretch. I feel good today. Could it be the less sugar intake I have been doing?

Workout was 36 minutes, went 2.56 miles, burned 335 calories and did 5197 steps. HR was 146/187.

Diane Sue - Great job with your workout yesterday! Nice job on that. I am looking forward to Kelly and Cathe's new workouts. I wonder when Cathe's will be shipped?

Jolie - Stick with the elliptical for the time being. I bet that toe hurts!! Great job with your workout. I thought I had Ab Circuits, but I don't. I want it. :)

Roselyn - I would like to do BB again but there is not enough cardio in the rotation. Bums me out. Nice workout.

Reactions: WD
This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Hi/Lo with Tatum Coffey. This seemed easier than I remember it from the first time I did it. I was probably tired or sore the first time. It is hi lo cardio the first half and then she picks up 3# dumbbells and it is hi rep upper and lower combos ending with some abs. Non-stop movement. This was 34 minutes, heart rate average 123, max 175, met 5.8, 218 calories, 1,929 steps. I then did Kelly's Live Amped Up Cardio ( I love this one and have not done it in awhile) , 30 minutes, heart rate average 117, max 158, 194 calories, 2,090 steps. Total time was 64 minutes, calories burned 412. I need to get out to the store before I pick up the grandchildren from school and get them ready to go to their church activity tonight. MFP did an update and now it is working again :D

Debbie, I still have not ordered Cathe's New workouts. I think she said late fall. It always seems when they say that it is almost winter. Obviously they have not filmed or there would be some pictures. They are probably still in the planning stage. I really haven't followed it much. Nice job on Cardio Coach. I find too much sugar and even junky carbs zap the energy right out of me. I suppose with the inflammation it causes that it would be a natural reaction to be lower on energy as well..

Roselyn, I really like the structure of Body Beast, but they are so long and I need more cardio, so adding cardio really makes for a very long workout, unless I make up my own rotation with cardio days fit in around the weight work, it just does not workout well for getting it all in.

Today I did not want to lift weights, I feel bored and burned out. I ran on the elliptical for 30 minutes, interval mode, 2 minutes high incline high resistance, 2 minutes low incline lower resistance for recovery. I burned 341 calories, I was dying!!!~! Debbie, you are my hero with all of the running you do! I have hot flashes again so bad I cant sleep. I wake up so non refreshed that I can barely get through the day. I went off all the herbs a few days ago because they give me extreme headaches and I cant take it anymore. When will it stop?

Debbie, I love Ab Circuits, it was published in 2008. I think it is her best ab workout to date. I think this came out when STS came out because she has the same workout outfit on in both dvds. You should get it!

I will check back later to read all of your posts for the day.

Have a nice day.

Sorry I haven't posted, I had to be to work at the butt crack of dawn. So today I did Kelly's Meltdown Boxing workout. It was fun, I really like this one. Makes me want to buy one of those stationary bags. Looks like fun to actually hit something instead of air. I just have no idea where I'd store it. Yikes!! We still have NO internet!! We ended up ordering Spectrum because Frontier's customer service is so bad. Apparently there was a guy at our house for 3 hours and still didn't get it fixed. WTF?? Spectrum will be at our house tomorrow to install our stuff. :)

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 256 calories and went 2924 steps. HR was 143/179.

Felt easy, I didn't even break a sweat. I'm shocked to see my HR stats. It did not feel like I got my HR that high on this.

Diane Sue - Who is Tatum Coffey? That sounds like a fun workout, is there a lot of leg stuff in it? Is it high impact? Nice job with that yesterday!

Jolie - Thanks for the tip on Ab Circuits, I might order that. I'm looking for some new ab workouts. This week with all the kickboxing stuff I've been doing, my waist has been really sore. Love it!! Sorry you are getting bored with the lifting workouts, maybe do some Cathe or Kelly for a while?

Roselyn - Love BB, I really should figure out a way to do this series again. Maybe just get cardio twice a week and drag it out a bit longer than I should. I'll think about it. Nice going!!!

DOZ - Where are you girl? Don't disappear on us!!

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Athletic Cardio Drills and Bar, 34 minutes, met 5.8, 218 calories, heart rate average 116, max 147, 1,604 steps. I can't find my print out on that one so will write it up again. I have done it before. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Compound Moves, 31 minutes, average heart rate 115, max 155, 670 steps, met 4.9, 168 calories. Total time was 65 minutes, 386 calories.

Coffey Fit Compound Moves this is quick paced
1 minute each exercise 10# dbs
squat/squat elbow pull back
side to side lung/row
plank row 2 jacks ending with just rows
lunge front biceps curls
plie pulse wit biceps pulses
squat curl press
row into kickback
reverse lunge 1 arm front rsaise
1 leg balance single arm lateral raise
side step upright row
triceps dips/ knee ins with hips raised (crab)
skull crushers with leg lifts
flys to sit up
bench press alternating with bicycle move
crunch crunch /reverse curl
mountain climbers
plank to frog squat /plank walk in to frog squat

Raw Athletic Cardio drill and bar work Barbell used but can use dumbbells. I used a 35# barbell for most and picked up db's for a couple of the moves. A Step is used for some of the cardio which is easy.
cardio, front squats 35# barbell
cardio, biceps curls 35# barbell
cardio, upright row/hang curl 35# barbell
cardio, clean from the hip 35# barbell
cardio, push press 12# dbs ( I think I could have done the 35# barbell)
cardio, hang clean press 15# dbs
cardio, bench press 35# barbell
get rid of step
squat thrust using barbell/ barbell roll out
sit up flip around
crunch
feet on bar hip lift
push up on the barbell
cardio
barbell squat curl press 35#

Jolie, speaking of hot flashes and lack of sleep, I read someone's story on the 21 day sugar detox blog that said hers left and she is now sleeping after doing it. I feel tired and useless almost every day and have to work on the energy levels. Mine is due to the RA. They said this medicine should help that, but it seems if anything it is worse. I just have to push myself and sometimes get a 10 minute power nap in the afternoons to recoup and keep moving. Nice work on the elliptical.

Debbie, I noticed earlier that you had not been here yet. I hope the new internet service is better for you. When I called at&t they tried to sell me on their internet and a package deal and I said no. They tried to tell me they were better than Cox and I told them we have had both and Cox is better. I really feel lost when the internet is gone. Tatum Coffey is Kelly's neice. There is no step work in that workout. It is about 15 minutes of hi/lo simple cardio and then she does movements with 3# dumbbells and no weight. I like it. The 3# was plenty for me it still keeps the heart rate up while doing the strength work. This was the second time that I have done it. I think I might have the some more info written up on it, not sure though. Her Amped Up Cardio dvd is a lot of boxing moves. I love that one.

Our internet got fixed from our old provider yesterday but we are still getting Spectrum installed tonight. Screw Frontier, they are idiots. Anyways, I was able to do a RAW workout this morning and I did the Hi/Lo with Tatum that Diane Sue did the other day. Although I do not care for hi/lo workouts, this one was pretty fun. Got my HR up really good at times and the 3# weight segment burned. I like Tatum, I hope she does a few more RAW workouts.

Workout was 34 minutes, burned 257 calories and did 2207 steps. HR was 139/211. Wow on the 211, not sure when that happened, it didn't wind me that much.

Anyone know where the "MY LIST" for RAW workouts is? I flag the ones I like to add to that list and then I can't find the list. LOL!

Diane Sue - I liked this hi/lo workout but I don't see myself doing it often. It was nice for a change and I liked Tatum. I will have to check out the Amped Up one, I love kickboxing and boxing workouts. Great job on your workouts yesterday, those looked tough! And I'm sorry you are going through feeling so fatigued all the time. Have you tried a Vitamin D3 supplement? That might help. B vitamins help with energy as well.

Jolie - Hope you have a great workout today! Hope the toe is feeling better. I am also going through hot flashes again, it goes away for a while and then comes back in full force. Really sick of it. I hit my one year mark with no periods last week so I guess I'm full on menopause now. I've been taking the Change-O-Life supplement and it does help. I haven't had night sweats, though, so I'm happy about that. Sleeping for me has been good unless my cat decides to sleep on my chest. He weighs like 12# so he is a tank. LOL!!

Roselyn - Nice job with Back and Bi's and Hiit!!

Have a GREAT weekend everyone. It is finally cooling down here. It's supposed to 90 today and 62 tomorrow! Yikes!!! I'm looking forward to the cool down.

Debbie, I take vitamin D3, C , and a super B supplement. I guess I would be worse off if I didn't. I ran out of my medicine Wednesday and online ordered to have it mailed. Usually it is here the next day. I got a text yesterday that it is ready to pick up. So, I will have to wait till I go in Monday to get it. It would not do me any good to call now. I think I may have it transferred from their pharmacy to another close to me.

My workout is done. I need to get things packed up and try to figure out what to wear since it turned off cooler and is raining. This morning's workout was Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Crush, 33 minutes, heart rate average 126, max, 156, 2,244 steps, 211 calories met 5.8. I then did Kelly's 30 minutes to fitness step boxing workout #1 , 33 minutes with the stretch which is separate from the workout, met 5.9, 215 calories, heart rate average 128, max 163, 3,047 steps. Total time 66 minutes, 426 calories.
I wore my 1# gloves for both workouts. On Cardio Crush Kelly mentions it would be a good time to wear a weighted vests. She has gloves of some type on with both of these workouts, but never mentions them.

Deb, I liked Tatum too. I hope she does some more workouts. Those 3# weights really did burn. I did not feel I needed more weight for that plus I had done another workout too. Amped Up Cardio is a live workout that she had filmed. It is fun. Boxing and kicking moves in a fun way with some drills in between segments unless you use the mix that omits the drills. There are two different drills done for I believe 10 repetitions(no weighted) like plank pledges then on to the next combo sequence. She uses different music than in most of her workouts.

Today I did a total body workout, x 16 reps of each set, 3 rounds of the circuit. Workout was 44 minutes and I burned 303 calories. I had hot flashes so bad while I was working out I was soaking wet when I was done! I am just so sick of feeling like this all of the time.

Chest Flies- 15's x 16 ( 3 rounds of this circuit )
BB Rows- 45# x 16
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10# x 16
Hammer Curls- 17's x 16
2 Arm Kickbacks- 8's x 16
Deadlifts with slight bend in the knee- 45# x 16
Leg Ext.- 50# x 20
ABS

I am going away for the weekend so my parents are coming to stay to take care of my dog and take my youngest son out to dinner because it is his 17th B-day today. I cant believe how time flies... Also, my oldest son is driving home from college to spend the day with his brother! Jack got a slight concussion this week in football practice so that does not make me happy. It is his first so he is very lucky.

Diane Sue, nice calorie burn today! It has not cooled down here much, still in the 80's during the day and the mid 60's at night. It wont cool down till the end of Oct or early Nov.

Debbie, I switched to Spectrum about 7 months ago and they are awesome! We had AT&T before and they were the worst. Nice workout today and I hope you have a nice weekend.

Roselyn, the wedding is getting so close now! Have a nice workout.

Happy Friday.

Debbie, remember years ago when you did that rotation that was weights Tabata style? I think I want to do something like that next week, just to try it out and tie in some running on the Elliptical. I threw all of my old workouts out the other day because I am not going to move all of that stuff when I finally sell my house. I think I could come up with something like that myself. IF I recall, you got it out of Muscle and Fitness mag.

Jolie - I just checked all the workouts I have kept and can't find that one. I do remember it but I don't remember how it's set up. Sorry!

You should do Kelly's workouts, all of hers are mostly Tabata style. And they are fun!!! :)

Jolie, I remember that workout you are talking about. Debbie and I both did it. Yes, I think it was Muscle and Fitness. I don't think I have it anymore either. I used to keep all of those that I liked like that in a notebook, but more recently threw a lot away. There are so many other that do Tabata workouts now. I probaby thought that I didn't need it. Maybe you could do a search for it. You never know, it might show up or something similar. Wow, I hope Jack is okay. I am sure that can be a big worry. I always have my grandson that lives nearby come over and spend time with Gertie and take care of her when we leave town so that she is not uncomfortable in a strange place.

today was a leg workout live trisets

my dad is in the hospital so send some prayers, he is 84 and has congestive failure and i guess they need to drain fluid poor guy but he was laying there cracking jokes love him so much!! he keeps saying he will make the wedding

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #4 using 15# dbs, heart rate average 130, max 156, 262 calories, 41 minutes, 2,643 steps, met 5.8. Getting ready to leave for my arthritis appointment in a bit.

Roselyn, I will keep praying.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.