Hardcore Fitness Maniacs September 1, 2018

Today was Meso 3 - Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps - Week 1. Had a great workout but I have to say, so much time could be saved if Cathe would quit the chatter. After each rest was over, she was having everyone breath or talking about form. Why can't she do that during the rest period? She wasted a good 30 seconds with starting each exercise and so I started forwarding the workout. Really got on my nerves. Stupid to comment on it, but come on. And my DVD kept skipping at the beginning, I probably wasted 10 minutes to get it working.

I know I sound like I'm in a bad mood, but really I'm not. I had a great workout, burned tons of calories which surprises me and it's FRIDAY!! How can I be in a bad mood with all of that? LOL!!

About 1 min. rest between and the was 30 seconds towards the end
Trisets done 4 times through:

Triset 1
Shoulder Press
- 12's - 15/12 reps
Barbell Overhead Press - 40#/40#/40#/40# - 8 reps
Barbell Curls - 40#/40#/40#/40# - 8 reps
Lying Triceps Extension - 15#/15#/15#/15# - 8 reps

Triset 2
Seated Lateral Raise
- 12's/12's/12's/12's - 8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 20's/20's/20's/20's - 8 reps
One-Arm Seated Overhead Extensions - 15#/15#/15#/15# - 8 reps

Triset 3
Seated Rear Delt Flies
- 15's/15's/15's/15's - 8 reps
Hammer Curls - 22's/22's/22's/22's - 8 reps (was supposed to be concentration curls - hate those)
Close Grip Barbell Press - 50#/55#/55#/55# - 8 reps (was supposed to be Cross Body Extensions)

Workout was 62 minutes, burned 456 calories (that was more than I burned during my run yesterday! Not sure how that is even possible) and HR was 134/178. I did 2727 steps.

I walked during rest breaks and did some ab work as well.

Diane Sue - Is that a premix? That sounds fun, I might try it one of these days. What workout is it? Is it on a DVD? Nice job!

Jolie - I also was listening to some of the testimony on the radio. I only heard some of Kavanaugh's though, but he was good. I missed his opening speech which I heard was really good, I may go find it on Youtube. This is what gives women a bad rap. I'm not saying something like what she is saying didn't happened to her, but have evidence for god's sake. You can't just accuse people and ruin their lives without evidence. That is not right. Hope you had a good rest day!!

DOZ - Nice job on your run. I love running. :)

This morning I did a premix from Kelly Coffey 30 Minutes to Fitness Cardio Blast, Step Plyo Blast Plus which alternates the step workout with the plyo blast workout. This was 51 minutes, 332 calories, heart rate average 130, max 170, 4,386 steps, met 5.9. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Core moves with my bosu ballast ball, 25 minutes, 86 calories, met 3.1, heart rate 92 average, 114 max, 282 steps. Total time was 76 minutes, 418 calories.

Debbie, the weight workout yesterday was the second half of Back Side Front Side on Coffey Fit Raw. The other was a premix from her Total Body Kickbox dvd. Great calorie burn for a weight workout. I swear my calorie burns are dropping from what they have been in the past for the same workouts. Fox news have been showing a lot of the stuff repeatedly. It makes me so sad. Kavenaugh was good. I feel so sorry for his family going through all of this.

Afternoon Everyone :)

I did Cardio Coach #8 And STS #2 Back & Triceps. I’m really hoping I can get a few more walks in before this weather change, really miss it. Enjoy your day all.

Diane - Nice work

Debbie - lol Cathe do chit chat to dang must, I be like girl pleasesssss lol Then when I used up that min rest by doing something, I was able to get 2 workouts in. Nice job.

Jolie - Take some days off, hope you get better soon.

Reactions: WD
I got my Kelly workouts today :D It looks like lots of use options.

DOZ, lol on Cathe and chit chat :) I am always wanting to say, "let's get on with it please!!"

Today I walked 4 miles, no hills and my toe didn't hurt!!! It is getting slightly cooler so I can get back out there again! Workout was 1 hour 15 minutes and I burned 608 calories. I notice since I am posting late today that it is red and a little swollen but my broken toe does not hurt!

Debbie, kick but workout today and yes, I too hate the chatter and the long rests. I take a rest for 1 minute using my timer and I fast forward to the next exercise or I do an ab exercise in between sets. That way you can get abs in the same workout! Nice calorie burn!

Diane Sue, Did you order the new Kelly Workouts? I noticed that they just released. Let me know what you think of them if you did order them. Nice workout today.

Roselyn, great job on the workout and I cant wait for the wedding and Im not even going lol! I am so glad your dad is home and he will make it to the wedding.

DOZ, nice long workout girl!

I am having a Margarita because I need one today! Cheers!

I got my new Kelly workouts too! Can't wait to preview them.

Great workouts to you all today! Wow, we are kicking butt!!

DOZ - LOL on your comment about Cathe. You are so right!!

Diane Sue - I just checked Kelly's site for the Total Body Kickbox DVD, I don't think I've seen that one before. I want to get it, it sounds awesome!

Jolie - Glad you got a walk it, hope the toe is ok. Maybe ice it tonight?

Roselyn - So glad to hear your dad is home. Hope he recovers quickly.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Roselyn, I bet you are excited about the wedding. I am so glad your Dad is home and mending.

Jolie, I previewed the new Kelly workouts this afternoon and wrote down the exercises on the sculpt RX dvd and the weights that can be used in Step Boxing 2. I also wrote down the premixes. Kelly may have the premixes down on her site. I did not look though. I just wanted to be kind of prepared. Fitness RX is done in supersets on workout #1 which are repeated twice then move two the next pair of exercises. It has 3 different pairs of exercises for the two body parts done twice each then move on to another pair of body parts, if that makes sense. The exercises are done as 10 reps. The second workout is a metabolic type of weight workout, lots of compound moves with weights and a few non weighted moves that would keep the heart rate up.
Step Boxing has lots of options. With or without weight drills. Also some added cardio drills. Kind of like the first 30 minutes to fitness step boxing original.

Debbie, I had missed the Total Body Kickbox workout somehow. I kept thinking it was another that I have that was just 30 minutes to fitness kickbox which is one of her earlier 30 minutes to fitness workout. Then I looked closer when someone else had posted a workout and it was a different one. I think it came out around the time we moved out of our other house and had to store things and I just missed it. I like it.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Step Box 2 workout #1 29 minutes, heart rate 128 average, 157 max, 198 calories, 2,351 steps. I wore 1# gloves for this. I then did Step Box 2 premix that was the cardio drills and weight drills as intervals, (I skipped the warm up) 21 minutes, heart rate average 125, max 154, 1,193 steps. This premix does not use the step and uses 1 medium dumbbell. I used a 12# dumbbell.
Total time was 50 minutes and calories burned 333. I liked the workout so far. I still need to do workout #2. I did get a taste of the cardio drills from it today. I will hit the sculpt RX workout Monday.
The weight moves for the weight drills were as follows(all 12# DB)
Kelly probably went a bit lighter. I
Squat push front
squat thrust and 1 arm curl up switching hands (I liked this, not so hard once I got the hang of having both the dumbbell in hand on the floor and the other hand on the floor. I found myself wanting to do a 1 arm burpee with a weight LOL)
side lunge to kick back
chop 3 to opposite hip switch sides
sumo squat up with press
reverse lunge pulses - hip to hip with db
lunge front and row
curl and press alternating
standing pulover adding knee up

Saturday I went for a 5 mile walk and burned 602 calories. Sunday I went for a 5.2 mile walk and burned 661 calories and walked hills. My toe is ok!!! It feels so good to get outside again. It has cooled down but it is going to be 90 degrees on Monday again! Then, we get rain on Wed. We never get any rain this early in the fall. I am so excited.

Diane Sue, thanks for all the info on Kelly's new workouts. I will preview them and decide if I will order them.

Have a nice day.

Today is my rest day.

Jolie, nice work on the walks :) I think we will have rain here on Friday. It has drizzled a bit the last two days, but we will be in the 80's all week.

Today starts week 2 of Meso 3 and I did Chest & Back. Had another awesome workout, love this cycle. Lifted heavy but felt like I could have gone up in some. Wanted to be safe, though. Went higher than last week and did one less rep.

About 1 min. 20 second rest between each exercise and set
Flat Bench Press - 55#/60# warmup - 12 reps each
Push/Pull - 4 sets/7 reps, alternating exercises
Flat Bench Press - 80#/80#/80#/80#
Barbell Rows - 55#/55#/55#/55#

Flat Bench Flies - 27's/27's/27's/27's
One Arm Rows - 37#/37#/37#/37#

Incline Bench Press - 80#/80#/80#/80#
Barbell Deadlifts - 55#/55#/55#/55#

Incline Bench Flies - 27's/27's/27's
One Arm Horizontal Rows - 32#/32#/32#

I walked in place during the long rests and was able to get some good steps in as well. I needed the rests so I did not rush those. I ran out of time for the very last set again, but no big deal.

Workout was 61 minutes, I burned 479 calories (woohoo!), and did 3248 steps. HR was 139/180.

I'm sorry, no time for personals but great job on your workouts this weekend!!

Today is going to have to be a rest day. I have a realtor coming in the morning and a painter at noon. I am so sore from moving things and packing that I can barley stand upright this morning. My husband is going to fix a few things around the house but he would never think of helping me pack up a 3,000 square foot house, as he says, " I work". WTF! He will watch me do the heavy lifting but never help me out. He works his ass off to pay for our life and I think deep down he wants me to work my ass off so it is even in his mind. It amazes me that he doesn't even care if I get hurt?! whatever, that is my life. Sorry, I had to vent...

Debbie, great Meso 3 workout today. OMG on that calorie burn too!

Be back later to read all the posts for the day.

Hey Fam;)

No workout on Sunday; boy was I pissed my son and his wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, stopped by Saturday; they decide to stay over, which was nice. I got up late Sunday, after tending to the dogs, cooking breakfast, that was it, I gave up on my workout :(

Today workout, Cardio Coach press play. I’m going to clean up a bit and relax.

Have a great evening everyone

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Step Boxing 2 workout #2, 25 minutes, heart rate average 127, max 160, 2,408 steps, met 5.9, 163 calories.. I used one riser on each side this time for the step boxing. The modifier does this without the step and she really looks like she is getting the intensity up without it. I may try this one day for fun. I then did Sculpting RX both combined mix, 71 minutes (I don't know why I was 11 minutes over the time, I did make a few notes), heart rate average 105, max 147, met 4.5, 353 calories, 1,498 steps. Total time was 96 minutes and calories burned 516. I used 7# for Sculpting RX workout 2 as Kelly says 5 or 7#. This does keep the heart rate up a bit and no rests, just one move to the next which work multiple body parts. This mix started with workout one and went straight into workout 2. There are worksheets and premixes posted on Kelly's website. I printed several copies last night.
Workout # 1 Fitness RX supersets of two moves done twice then moving to the next move. 3 supersets per body part 10 reps for each exercise
Biceps/Legs weights are my weights, not theirs
Hammer curls (Right, Left, release) medium weight 15# dbs superset with (weights on shoulders) squat out and hold 3 cts 15# dbs second set it is pulses instead of holds
repeat
Front curls (med) 15# dbs superset with (heavy)Front lunge on step, back knee pull 20# dbs
repeat
Alt Supination Curls (med) 15# dbs second set does both together superset with Squat fold and up (heavy) 20# dbs
repeat
Back/shoulders
row on step
25# db underhand (heavy) superset with front raise 20# db (heavy)
Bent over Row overhand (heavy) 25# dbs superset with Lateral Raise light) 10# dbs
repeat
Row from feet seated on step 15# dbs super set with Press (light) 10# dbs
repeat
Chest/Triceps
Flyes
(pinky in )medium 15# dbs superset with skull crusher medium15# dbs
repeat
Bench Press heavy 15# dbs superset with alternating seated kickbacks 12# dbs
repeat
push ups superset with Dips
repeat

I am not sure how I will get in all of my workouts this week. My aunt is coming in with her RV pulling her car tomorrow. I will have to drive out to my daughter's house in the country to unlock the gate and let her in. I will stay out there with her. So, everything is kind of up to what happens. Next week is the same. I have 4 days that I have things to do including a roofer is supposed to be coming to fix our leak in the sun room and roof. Except it is supposed to rain the day he is supposed to come and the day after I will be gone for several hours picking up grandchildren.

Roselyn, enjoy the rest day, you deserve it.

Debbie, great calorie burn on that workout. It looks like you hit the weights well I often go a bit lighter than I think I could have. I am so afraid of doing too much and getting hurt.

Jolie, it sounds like you need the rest since you are doing so much already. Maybe some relaxing somewhere in there. I have read so many things with auto immune problems and adrenal fatigue etc., that suggest lowering or omitting the cardio and choosing mainly weights and yoga. I have a hard time with not wanting to do lots of cardio.

Doz, it can be frustrating when our plans for the day are overrun with other things. You can make it up. I am sorry you had to give up on your workout.

I only had a half hour to workout this morning because I had to come into work early again. I did Treadmill Coach Bonus Track which is short, intense and sweet. I have to say, though, the more I do this workout, the more I hate the music. It is so chaotic and really drives me crazy. I wish there was a way to just turn it off. Very annoying, but I do like the workout because it is fun.

Workout was 30 minutes, went 2.09 miles, burned 255 calories and did 4240 steps. HR was 135/201.

Jolie - Do you guys already have another house to move into? Where are you moving to? If you don't want to post that information, that is fine, I'm just wondering. I know you were talking about it during the summer but I didn't know it was happening so fast. That's too bad about your husband, dang I can't believe he is like that. My husband is the breadwinner in our relationship yet he'll mop a floor if I ask him to. And he's a maintenance director and walks all day long and works on all kinds of stuff. His job is very physical yet he comes home and still helps me around the house.

Diane Sue - Was the step boxing workout fun? I will start doing her workouts again once I'm done with STS. Great job on your workout! Hope you can get your workouts in this week! Have fun with your aunt.

DOZ - Nice job with Press Play! I hate when I miss my workouts. You'll get back on track!

Roselyn - I don't blame you!! Take a rest, it'll do you good!!!

This morning I did Ripped with Hiit workouts 1 and 2 combined 52 minutes, met 5.9, 339 calories, heart rate average 130, max 164, 3,778 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Finisher, 13 minutes, 84 calories, heart rate average 134, max 162, met 6.0, 1,259 steps. I finished off with Barre Amped Stability ball stretch, 6 minutes, 15 calories. Total time was 71 minutes and calories burned 438.
Getting ready to shower and head out to head out to my daughter's house. They are supposed to fix our sun room Monday. It looks like we are expecting heavy rains and possibly severe weather. I bet that does not happen.

Debbie, I really liked the Step Boxing 2. I am going to try it as both workouts but following the non step person to see how it is. She seems to really put some movement into it. The cardio drills on this are all on the floor.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.