Hardcore Fitness Maniacs OCTOBER 2018

Good Evening,

I did a StudioSweat Spin workout from January 2017 w/Elli and it was tough after yesterday’s workout I don’t think she knows her bike has a seat. 36 minutes 9.6 miles 375 calories burned.

Debbie-I need to do that workout again I don’t remember those moves but the toss from hand to hand was tough.

Jolie-great workout you put together

Diane Sue-nice mix of workouts

Reactions: WD
Today I did Cardio Coach #3 and had a great workout. However, my hamstrings and calves are really tight so I need to work on that. I foam rolled my left side this morning and wow, I could really feel the tightness. I think the rolling helped. Kelly got my RAW workouts to work on VHX again, actually her tech team did. I'm so excited!!!

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.86 miles, burned 316 calories and did 5772 steps. HR was 132/181.

Diane Sue - Funny thing, my online bank information was easy to change. It sent a verification, but sent it to the new email address so all is good there. I'm still waiting for Myfitnesspal tech support to fix my email - it wants a verification as well and the verification email went to my old email address that no longer exists. MFP keeps sending me pre-generated emails and none of it is helpful. I may just make up a new account and forget the old one. I'll give it a few more days. Nice workout yesterday!! Fit Split sounds fun!

Jolie - Are you still doing your own workouts or was that from a DVD? Nice job on the workout! Is your open house this weekend?

Roxie - Nice job on your workout! I'm thinking of doing the Hips & Glutes RAW workout from Kelly tomorrow, want to join me?

Belinda - Are you still in Ohio? Hope all is going well with you!!

Roselyn - Great job on your workouts yesterday! I bet you are ripped from all those Beast workouts!

DOZ - Did we lose you? Hope you are ok.

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Good morning,

I am back. I didn't get a lot of workouts in maybe 2 SBF barre workout. I didn't get a lot of steps in either. It was sad and nice at the same time visiting my DH family.

Today I did ICE BC Circuit. I haven't really played around with those workouts since it come out, lol. This week I will play around with ICE workouts.

Have a great day, everyone.

I have errands and a eye appointment. I had to call yesterday to try and figure out the dentist appointment. I made it for 9 am and they sent me two texts one saying 9 and one saying 1. It seems it is at 1 on their books. I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Overload #1, 32 minutes, average heart rate 126, max 153, met 5.9, 209 calories, 2,170 steps. I then did Step Boxing 2 workout 2 with the weight drills (3 move combos with a dumbbell) I used 12#, 31 minutes, heart rate average 138, max 167, met 5.8 198 calories, 2,601 steps. Odd that the times were close and the heart rates so different. I would have expected more calories out of step boxing by the heart rate and the met came out lower with that heart rate. I finished off with Sarah Beth Yoga from youtube, deep stretch yoga for Athletes yoga for flexibility and hips, 20 minutes, 44 calories, met 2.0. Total time was 83 minutes, calories burned 451 calories. I took the weight packs out of my weight vest so it was 12# this time for the overload workout.

Debbie, that is great that they got your VHX channel back up and running. Nice work on Cardio Coach today. That is terrible that you are having to deal with so many things because of that email change. I have had the same MFP account for many years. I have changed the password, but that is all I have ever done. Hopefully you can get that worked out.

Belinda, great to have you back :) I know what you mean about sad and enjoying time with family. Lots of tears and laughs come at the same time. I think though that the family time helps with the grief. Enjoy Ice this week. The bootcamp was probably a good workout to start with. It has a bit of everything.

Diane Sue - although it was fun visiting family, I am glad I am back home in my own bed. It helped my husband too be around his family at this difficult time. We plan on visiting our family again in a few weeks. I will play around with ICE this week. Maybe I will sign up for BB on Demand soon. I want to try Shift4. Hope your appointments went well. Great job today.

Debbie - I am home again. Boy it was cold in Ohio. Great job on cardio coach 3 and step count. I think I will check out KCM raw soon too.

Roxie - great job on your Studio Sweat. I should sign up my husband for SS, he loves using his bike in the winter.

Jolie - great job on putting together a workout.

Roselyn - great job on your workout.

Last edited:
Checking in late today, 1st Broker's open house tomorrow and I had to clean my entire house top to bottom! I am dead!!! I did get a workout in today and I did Les Mills Combat 30 kickstart, used 1 pound gloves and I burned 347 calories. I haven't kickboxed in a long time and I miss it!

Debbie, I am doing my own workouts right now because I never know how my day is going to go so I just have been winging it. I do like what I am doing so I might just continue doing it.

I have to be up and out early tomorrow so I will not workout, it will be my rest day. I hope we get some good results. I went and looked at houses on Sunday and anything under 1 million is a dump!!!!! WTF?! If you want to get something nice you have to spend at least 1.3 to 1.5 million, unbelievable! What has happened to out world? If we don't get exactly what we are asking for out house, I am not moving. I am not moving to move into a dump so my son can go to the school he wants for 1 1/2 years. I would like to move out of CA because the taxes are very high and all the other Liberal stuff going on in this state. Go Trump!

Good Evening,

I did KCM Build and Burn Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion wanted to do a Raw workout but my Roku got disconnected from our internet so DH needs to reconnect it. Tonight was taco Tuesday with three of my grandsons and the baby is scoot crawling already at 6 months.

Today I was finally able to do a RAW workout and it worked great on my Roku!! So excited about that. I wanted to do a leg workout so I chose RAW Hips & Glutes. Wow, what a workout. My legs art still screaming at me. Probably not the best workout to do when you have the tightest leg muscles on the planet, but I wanted to try this one. It was a great workout but ended abruptly while she was doing an exercise. I wonder if she is aware of it?

The workout was done Tabata style, 30 seconds on, 10 seconds off and 4 sets of everything. Killer!

I used a barbell with 40# on it and during one of the exercises she said she was using 20#. 40# was good but it started to really get heavy during the deads.

Barbell Squats: 40# - 4 sets
Bridges: 40# - 4 sets
Barbell deads: 40# - one set of these for a warmup
Barbell Deads into a Squat: 40# - 4 sets (KILLER!)
Pizza Press: 2 sets each side
Hydrants: 2 sets each side
Side Leg Lift: 4 sets
Alternate Pizza Press: 4 sets
V-Ups: 4 sets
Planks with Knee: Not even 2 set, this is where it just ended.

I stopped there, I could have done 4 sets of the planks/knees but my hip flexors were burning big time.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned only 156 calories and HR was 113/140.

Got on my treadmill and did a mile, burned an extra 106 calories. Then I stretched and really need to do another stretch tonight, however, it's Halloween so I doubt I will have time. I'm not sure I'll be able to run tomorrow!!

Diane Sue - Great job with your workout! It looks like Kelly put another workout on RAW. Hope your eye exam went well.

Belinda - Great job with your Barre workout. It is cold here but today it is in the 60's. So good for trick or treat. Glad you enjoyed being with family but a sad time to get together. Hope your DH is ok.

Jolie - 1.5 Million??!! OMG!!! That is crazy. I knew it was expensive in California, though, but that is incredible. How can anyone afford that kind of housing? I'm with you, stay where you are if that is the case. You'll never get it paid off before you retire!! Holy crap. I sure hope Trump can save California. I'm afraid it's a lost cause. :(

Roxie - Great job with B&B, I love that workout. I love tacos, too!! I might make those next week. Hope you had fun with your grand kids!! Is your Roku working yet?

Have great workouts today everyone!!

Good Afternoon,

My DH is playing golf so I went to the grocery store and spent to much money. I did KCM Hips and Glutes holy cow the pizza presses and fire hydrants were killer then walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes. I visited with a dietitian at Hyvee about the protein issue and she had some good ideas.

Debbie-you picked a good workout now it’s time for an Upper Body workout with all the spinning I have been doing. DH reconnected the Roku. We are going trick or treating with the boys tonight.

I did my workout early this morning so that I could get out and do errands before all of the people that head out around lunch time are crowding into places, like the post office. I had to kind of laugh because we must have been on the same wave length as I did Raw Hips and Glutes today. I originally thought that I would add the large muscle finisher workout that is around 20 minutes, but by the time that I was done, I decided my legs and glutes had had enough. Although the large muscle finisher was arms an legs work.
My hips and legs are feeling it now. I really noticed it when I went to carry some things upstairs.
So, I started with Raw Just Step to warm up well, 24 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 157, 2,262 steps, met 5.8, 154 calories. I then did Raw Hips and Glutes and went on and finished the 4 sets of plank knee pulls. YES, SHE KNEW she missed the last of the workout. It was one of her first and her camera battery went out. I then Hips and Glutes was 35 minutes, 162 calories, heart rate 102 average, 134 ,max, met 4.2. I finished off with Barre Amped Ball Stretch from Suzanne Bowen that is 6.5 minutes, 16 calories . I knew I needed some sort of stretch, since the end of the workout was cut short, even if I was short on time. Total time was 65 minutes, 332 calories.
Weights 30 work with 10 seconds rest 4 sets per each exercise but one Barbell or Dumbbells can be used
Squats, 60# 9, 10,11,11 reps
Barbell Bridges using bench for shoulders 40# 11,11,11,11 reps
Deadlifts 60# barbell 1 set regular deadlifts 6 reps, 3 sets wider stance deadlift squat up 60# 7,6,6, dropped to 40# 6 reps
I wore 5# ankle weights for the next few moves
pizza pusher 4 sets using bench to lean on with hands 12 reps right and left, 13 reps right and left
hydrant 4 sets 12 right, 12 left, 13 right , 13 left
alternating straight lateral leg raise 12,16,14,14 reps
alternating pizza pusher 5 sets 8,12,12,10,10 reps
seated knee ins Still wearing 5# ankle weights 3 sets 16,16,14, took off weights 16 I almost fell off the step backwards here without the weights I felt so light LOL
Plank Knee pulls put on 3# ankle weights after the first set 12,16,16,16 reps
I like that she doesn't have you kneeling on the floor to do these exercises. Much better IMO

Belinda, it would be nice for you to go back and visit again after everyone has a bit of time to adjust to the loss. I have not paid too much attention to BB on demand just because they cost too much and I cannot just try a month to see if I like them or not. I will do Les Mills when I can though. I already have put the app for it on my Roku. Maybe if you get it I will hear enough to change my mind on getting it :) My appointment went well. They did do the dilating the eyes so they could check on the floater I have in one eye and a couple of other things. But, nothing seems to have changed.

Jolie, I feel sorry for you on the housing. That is ridiculous for a nice home. I remember what my brother in law had for a house out there for years and he paid so much. My daughter with the great big home and 15 acres just outside the city paid closer to 250 thousand on a foreclosure. It has a built in pool detached garage carport, room outside by the pool and you can sit on the back screened porch and look up over the hills or the pool. Two story. It is big and beautiful. I am sorry, but I am so glad we moved away from there when our children were small. We still have some of my husbands family out there, but have not been out to visit in years. I am amazed after all of the cleaning that you got a workout in. I hope you get it sold at a great price. That does seem a bit crazy to move if only for a school choice. I hope that your son appreciates it. Shame he couldn't have stayed in the private school.

Roxie, great that you got your Roku hooked back up. For some reason a few days ago, I had to go back through the logging in for the VHX channel and putting a code in again. I have no idea why I had to do that. I see you did the same workout as well today :) I almost always dread going to the store because I end up spending way to much. Today I was picking up things for recipes as I just purchased the new Whole 30 Slow Cooker cookbook. I really wanted it because it also has recipes for Instant Pot and some recipes have instructions for both Slow Cooker or Instant Pot :) Then Walmart didn't have exactly everything that I wanted, so I had to make a trip to Sprouts. I wanted Coconut butter for some collagen protein bars that I found a recipe for. I think it isn't going to save me much from buying the Bullet Proof Collagen bars as the ingredients are pretty expensive. I guess it depends on how many bars I get out of it. I hope the nutritionist was really helpful for you.

Debbie, I think I may have went a bit too heavy on that workout. Those dead to squat ups started bothering my low back by the time I got to the last set and I lowered the weight. You were probably at the right weight. She does say she should have went heavier. I have done this one before so I had some idea of what I was in for. It has just been quite awhile. I thought I might need more of a stretch later today as well. I really do have to work on the hip flexors as they seem to pull and then my low back and hip start hurting. If I stretch every day I do not have that problem. I saw on facebook last night that Kelly was putting up another workout. She said she wants to get plenty up for everyone to be able to use through the holidays. I didn't see it up when I worked out though. At first I thought of doing the boxing and band cardio workout before the lower so I think I would have seen if a new one was up yet. I think she wears a pink tank from the Nine something site that she recently mentioned supporting our military and she loves their stuff site. Can't remember the exact name.

Debbie, I know, it is deceiving as you look at it and have no idea that it would work you that hard. I thought it would be short and easy and want to add to it. I like it though. I have done it once and I don't think I went as heavy as I did today or used the ankle weights. It is a hard workout and I don't think I will start out with 60# next time.

Debbie-I used a 22lb barbell and was ok until the pizza presses and fire hydrants I also did the mountain climbers at the end one set slow one fast.

Bad planning doing a CC workout today after that leg workout yesterday. OMG am I sore!! I feel better than I did yesterday, but my hamstrings and glutes are still very sore.

I chose Cardio Coach 6 w/Sean today but only did Challenge 1 & 2 due to my hamstrings feeling like they were going to snap!! Had a great workout considering all this, though.

Workout was 45 minutes, ran 3.22 miles, burned 389 calories and did 6473 steps. HR was 140/186.

Stretched for about 10 minutes afterwards. Tomorrow I plan on doing Workout 2 from Sculpting RX and doing a good 30 minute stretch.

Roxie - Nice job on your workout and glad your Roku is working again! We had trick or treat at our house but it was so rainy that we only got kids for the first hour. I'm glad, I went in at 7 and did things that I needed to get done for work.

Diane Sue - You did that workout with 60#? OMG, I bow down to you! That is incredible. By the time I got to the 3rd set of those deads to squats I was dying with 40#!!! Great going with that workout, it is a tough one. I can't believe you wore ankle weights as well! Wow!!! I wish she would have redone that workout since she knows it ended abruptly. I would have liked to see how it ended but the plank/knee pulls was probably the last exercise anyways. That was a great workout!

Roselyn - Happy Halloween! Great job on your workout!!

Have great workouts everyone!!

Good morning,

I am back from DC. Yesterday we had a lot of fun celebrating my DD 32 birthday :)

I have to unpack. Than I will do a workout. Not sure, what yet?

I thought I posted yesterday? I don't see my post! I will be back later to catch up on personals. BBL!

Today I had a kick butt workout that I put together. Total Body with cardio. I ran on the elliptical, interval mode, 2 minutes high incline high resistance, 2 minutes low incline lower resistance. Then I did done body part Drop Set style each set to failure. I alternated running to weights and finished with some legs. Workout was 58 minutes, 26 minutes on the elliptical, 2.5 miles and I burned 628 calories. Avg heart rate was 137 and max was 173. This way if I don't have time to workout everyday I am getting in cardio as well as weights.

STS Meso 2 warm up

Elliptical- 6 minutes ( interval mode )

Chest Press- 25's x 14, 20's x 12, 15's x 18 ALL TO FAILURE

Elp- 4 minutes

1 Arm Rows- 25# x 15, 20# x 13, 15# x 12 TF

Elp- 4 minutes

Seated Overhead Press- 17's x 21, x 15's x 12, x 12's x 13 TF

Elp- 4 minutes

Standing Bicep Curls- 17's x 20, x 15's x 17, x 12's x 16 TF

Elp- 4 minutes

Lying Triceps Ext- 15's x 15, x 12's x 12, x 10's x 13 TF

Elp- 4 minutes

Leg Ext.- 60# x 16, x 50# x 10, x 40# x 14 TF

Leg Curls- 20# x 24 TF

WOW, is all I can say!

I have to get out the house for a showing so I will check back in to read all of the posts. My son has been using my computer for school because his got a virus so my husband needs to fix it. I haven't had my computer much all week long. The good thing, he is doing better at school because he has to go in everyday to get out of the house for showings so he is doing more work at school!!!!

You all are kicking butt on the workouts!!!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Sculpt Fitness mix no weights, cardio and abs, 41 minutes, 267 calories, met 5.9, average heart rate 129, max 172, 3,018 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Upper Body, 30 minutes, 142 calories, met 4.3, 142 calories, heart rate average 105, max 139, 549 steps. I finished off with Les Mills Flow, 21 minutes, met 2.0, 46 calories.
Raw Upper weights - can be done slower and heavier if wanted, Kelly goes a bit lighter as a strength and endurance workout. There is not much for rests. Each exercise is done 4 times and it is 30 sec work 10 sec rest. Bench or step is needed. Kelly uses what I think is a 22 # barbell (maybe 25) and hand weights up to 15#.
Bench Press Barbell (rather quick paced) 40# 21 reps, 35# 22 reps, 24 reps, 23 reps Kelly moves from barbell to 12# the 10# dbs)
Shoulder press seated barbell 1st set 30# 10 reps, 12# dbs 10,8,9 reps
flys 15# dbs 10,10,10,11 reps (Kelly moves from barbell to 12# then 10# dbs))
lateral raise 12# dbs 10 reps, 10# dbs 10,13,11 reps
skate and curl 10# dbs (I tried 12 and too heavy for this and Kelly says you can just stand and do the curls if you want) 11,14,16,15 reps
hammer squat curl up (Kelly does a hop on the up and says you don't have to) 12# dbs 8,8,7,8 reps
barbell rows 40# 14,15,15,13 reps
dips 18,16,16,17 reps
seated reverse fly 12# dbs same as Kelly 10,12,12,11 reps
seated scull crusher 12# dbs 10 rep, 15# dbs 9,10,9 reps
Abs seated on step knee pulls 11,15,15,12 reps

Roxie, nice job on the workout yesterday and continuing with the mountain climbers.

Roselyn, we did not have any trick or treaters again this year. Now I have Snickers and Tootsie rolls to get rid of.

Debbie, I was afraid I was going to be really sore today since I was sore last night. I wear ankle weights with those types of moves most of the time, even if the instructor does not. I will say though Kelly had me just about to give it up going from one move to the next like that. I could really feel it. I don't find those type of moves fun, but they do give nice definition and shape to the hips and thighs. Those deads to squats were tougher that I had anticipated. Kelly amazes me on what she comes up with. I think we she did that workout that she had said what was left and it may have been a bit more than those mountain climbers. I just can't totally remember.

Belinda, I bet celebrating your daughter's birthday was lots of fun. Have a good workout later :)

Jolie, hope the house showing goes well. Great way to put together a workout to get it all in at once :)

I ended up doing ICE Metabolic TB. I am dragging this morning.

Diane Sue - it was a lot of fun spending time with DD and DS. Glad your eye appointment went well. Sorry about the leftover candy. Great job on your weight workout today. DH, I and the kids plan on going back to Ohio in a few month when the weather is warmer. It was very cold.

Debbie - DH is doing ok considering. Yesterday it was in the 70's. Beautiful weather for Halloween. Great workouts yesterday and today.

Jolie - WOW! that's a lot of money for a house. I hope your house showing goes well today. Your workouts look great. Never thought doing weights with elliptical. I have done iTrain workouts like that. Need to pull them out.

Roselyn - Happy Halloween! Great job on your leg workout.

Roxie - my husbands loves golf. I never got into it. Good job. I also like tacos. I will make some this week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.