Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2022!!

This morning I did Penny Barnshaw 1 hr. Full Body Dumbbell Strength. It was great. 45/10 2x. I ordered my last exercise DVDs (I think). I got Cathe's Low Impact Challenge and KCM Sculpting Rx. I took advantage of a sale at Collage and got both for $26. Not bad. I think I have everything I want for dvds. Sometimes I just don't want to mess around with technology, but I have no interest in all the old videos. I don't know how people still like The Firms. There are better workouts out there. I hated the Firms and all the bad music and outfits. It had its place in the fitness world at one time.

Have a good day everyone!

Reactions: WD
This morning I did Kelly Coffey Power Split both workouts and added her Raw stretch finisher that is 7 minutes. This was 77 minutes total, 196 calories, heart rate 94/132, 1,782 steps.
I did make adjustments and did not do the bench press or the overhead press, but subbed PT exercises in place. I also went way lighter than Kelly's15# and 20# she used on a lot of it. I liked the way she had body weight finishers at the end of upper and lower. I can see there may be some good premixes for these on the dvd itself. I couldn't look at them on her website because that warning popped up again. I got some Pure Encapsulations Cats Claw to try again. I had to look around for a quality one that has all of the testing etc.. Even the Now one did not come back and answer a question about certifications when asked. All they said was it was certified organic. I wanted it low in the toa's. That was hard to find one with none as specified by the Arthritis foundation. I thought I bought Thorne before but couldn't find any. Next week I will work out less days as Monday is my last PT and Wed and Friday I have grandchildren here. They will stay the night Friday night. These are two of my 3 younger grandchildren as the other 5 are adults.

Power Splits - moves are timed so reps are variable
warm up
Upper Body using an incline bench for some moves at the start
Bench Press 3 sets of approx 12 reps I did PT here
skull crusher I used 8# dbs 3 sets
back seated rows alternating I used 10# because that is what I am using at PT Kelly 20# 3 sets 12 reps each side
standing shoulder press 3 sets 12 reps (I skipped this one) and did more PT moves
Biceps Curls standing alternating hammer curls 3 sets 12 reps each side, 8 reps each side 12 reps each side
finisher series is boxing moves

warm up
Lower Body
Squats 12# dbs (Kelly 20#) 4 sets x 12,10,11,12 reps
reverse lunge 10# dbs 4 sets doing 2 reverse lunge left and 2 right I counted both as one rep so 5,5,5,6 reps as she added on the 4th set
break
Deadlifts 4 sets 12# dbs 12,10,10,10 reps with some pulses ending
lower finisher that was body weight lower body standing stuff
Stretch

Cam, I am sure you will enjoy those two Kelly workouts. You got a good price. I think I paid that much when I ordered her newest Cardio Fit. Still want the one I did today, although it would not be hard to pick out parts if figuring the stopping points. I had all of the first probably 8 Firms. Funny, someone gave me the first one and it made me laugh. The outfits and the guys in their super short shorts and tank tops were hilarious. I liked the ones with the tall step for working the legs the most. Also the woman named Tracy. I checked out some other workouts she has done on her own from the library to try. Not that interested though.

Jolie, it was chilly here this morning and I believe highs are low 60's today. Weird as it has been in the 90's. It is amazing how much difference different shoes make. I have some wider footbed Reeboks I like for weight and balancing work and my New Balance for step and more active cardio. They do not have as much grip that pulls on my knees on carpet. I need to replace them though. It seems time goes by so fast and the shoes break down somewhat and lose the support.
It is funny how we are around our dogs all day long and they hang out and when the husband comes home they are the preference. Mine only hangs out under my barstool in the evenings if she sees I am eating something. Just in case something drops.
Thank you, I feel like I am making pretty good progress. This was the first week that I have worked out 6 days counting PT day.

Last edited:
Hi,

Today DH and I did CornerFitness 50 Min ARMS AND ABS FIREY STRENGTH WORKOUT . I likeThe workout was very good, IMO! I took a zoom vegan pizza class this afternoon.

Roxie - sorry I missed it about your new job! Congrats! Hope you feel better.

Diane - I been planning to do the muscle meltdowns as a add on. I guess, I am in the same situation with JS. I hardly use them. I should use them more often. So many other workouts I want to try on YT. Glad to hear your shoulder is pain free. Sorry about your other problems. I am on steroids for the last 6 month or so, I have no choice but to take it :( I need to get off it :( My RP is out of control since my last 3rd vaccine in March. I have an appointment with Penn Uni for a RP study next month. Can't wait to see someone that is specialized in RP. My team of doctors do not advice me to get the booster next month. I wasn't get it anyway, my hair is falling out and I have other issues. My body needs a break. I have so much going on, it's hard to explain.

Jolie - great job on your TM workout today. It's very hot and humid here in WV. No walk. DH and I plan on walking early in the mornings.

Cam - great job on your workout. I hear on complicated moves. I love Any B. but some of her moves are too fast/complicated for my fitness level right now. I do own all her dvd's. I like the slower pace. Maybe it's my all my meds, I get tired very quickly and have zero energy. I will try some of Penny workouts next week. I am working my way through YT workouts. Sadie is totally attached to me. I will try to post a picture tomorrow her on the airplane with her laying on her back on my lap under a blanket. She is such a sweetheart!

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. Good night.

Hi,

DH, Sadie and I went for a walk early this morning. It was already hot outside. We need to get out the door around 7 am to stay cool.

Have a great Sunday.

Today I did CDorner 45 min. All Standing Cardio Mod/Low Impact. This was just what I wanted today. I had a lot of stength and floor work this past week so this was a fun, old school type workout. Easy choreography but she changed it up enough so it wasn't repetitive. I worked up quite a sweat and enjoyed the 80's music she played. I might do a mobility stretch tonight. I think I could use that.

My husband is home so my dog is no longer moping. She was so excited when he walked through the door today. She is right at his heels. She was sleeping by the door the past few nights just hoping he would come home.

Belinda, glad you had a good workout with CDorner. She has great workouts and music, but she can be overly chatty. I like her cardio because she cues more and keeps moving and is less talkative. She really does all kinds of workouts and offers a great variety. Sometimes she does 2 or 3 live classes per day. She amazes me how much energy she has. Where do you live? Are you out west?

Diane, yeah, I could never take the Firms seriously. When I first started working out at home after having my girls, my SIL gave me a bunch of her Firms to try. Ugghhh! I couldn't take the robotic personalities. I quickly gave them back to her. She gave me a Collage catalogue and I discovered Cathe. Good job with KCM Power Splits.

Hello!

Yup- my dog is the same way - he wines if my husband leaves even thought my daughter and I are still around (and we give way more pets and treats). And if we are hiking and he takes a different path I can barely keep the dog from pulling me along with him. He'll turn around and say "oh- I didn't expect you to follow me I was just checking out this (flower, tree, creek, whatever) for a minute" I can't go a different route if I am holding the leash. I think its something about the dog thinking the guys are the "pack leader".

Yes- I am in Co- we ended up with about 11-12 inches of heavy wet snow. Lots of broken limbs, etc. Our trees survived ok (thankfully) so we don't have a lot of clean up. And most of it has melted by now and will be gone by tomorrow.

I did a bike ride on Ifit yesterday and did a walk on the TM with my dog this morning since it was cold and I didn't want to go outside. He's so cute - we finished our walk and I shut the TM off and was picking up around the room and turned back and saw he had hopped back on and was in position like he wanted to do more!

Hi,

Cam, I live in WV. My husband got boarded with all her chatting. I did a lot of her step workouts, I am not bored by it at all. I think the workout we did yesterday was great.I am amazed about Chris energy too.

I will know tomorrow what I will do?

Good night.

This morning I had to do a quick workout. Just when I thought work was going to settle down, I have an early meeting today and Thursday. Yikes. I walked on my treadmill for 25 minutes, that was all I had time to do. I did my PT exercises last night which took me about a half hour to do. She gave me about 8 more exercises to work on plus the original ones. Not sure how I will keep up with all that, but they sure do make me feel better. My knee has been really good this weekend. The only time it starts bothering me is if I'm standing for a long period of time. I was on my feel all yesterday cooking and it sort of bothered me a bit. It's good today.

I don't think I'll even be able to workout on Thursday, I need to be at work by 7:30. We'll see.

Hope you all have a great day. Sorry, no time for personals today. :(

Today I had a fantastic workout, I did Cathe Live #52, Upper Body with Ball. This has a very extended core workout at the end, but I had to modify most of the exercises due to my bulging disc issue but still got a great workout in. My workout was 48 minutes and I burned 355 calories. This is a slow and controlled workout because Cathe is using the ball for a bench, I like the pace of it, and it is one of my favorite workouts thus far.

Debbie, darn and all of these early morning meetings for you lately! I suppose they are trying to wrap everything up before the summer break. How great is it that you get the summer off!!! When I was working, I only got about 2 weeks or less off per year, especially when I was working for my dad. He only trusted me at work if he was out so there were few days off some times. Nice job on getting on the TM today even though you had little time.

Cam, I hated the Firm workouts too!!! I started with kickboxing workouts since I have a long history with Karate, and it really gave me a great workout after having my two boys. I have always been a big walker, but it was when I started doing Cathe's workouts that I really saw a difference in my physique. Remember Gilad!!!

Doreen, wow on the wet snow at this time of the year!!! When is summer coming this year!

Belinda, I am going to start waking up much earlier since the heat is on its way so I can get in my walks before it gets too hot.

Roselyn, great job on the workout!
I hope you all have great workouts today and I will BBL to read the other posts for the day.

I did a IFit strength by Cody this morning but darn if he didn't spent too much time talking. I think they are too concerned about form - sheesh! I don't think I'll do any more of his though he has some create mobility moves for the warmups!

The snow is almost gone now!!

Today was PT and that is all that I did. They gave me a t-shirt for finishing my PT. When I left I hit Walmart for a few things. I realized today that I spend less money when I do delivery because I do not wander around and find other things that I want. Particularly things that are not groceries. Like the cosmetic area. I picked up nail strips, mascara, and eyeliner. I kept looking at things telling myself no. I mainly wanted a gift bag and kale(which they still did not have in the fresh bunches. The only kale was pre-chopped bags that looked like it was starting to go bad. So, romaine salad I guess. I wanted water, but did not want to pick up a 48 pack so just bought some bottles of alkaline water individually. That is one good thing about delivery, as I just slide the big pack of water in the door or have my husband bring it in. I don't know how long I can stay on here as the power keeps flickering out and coming back on and the internet goes out. We had hail earlier and I am sure glad I got home before that hit.

Belinda, I am sorry that that last vaccine has caused you such a setback in getting into remission again. I hope you can get in the study soon. I get so many conflicting things from my different doctors. It also made me think of my daughter in law who goes to the head doctor at the arthritis center. They said it was possibly lupus at one point and after taking hydroxycholoraquine for near 10 years they said it was not lupus, just arthritis. Confidence is not big for me. I know a lot of auto-immune diseases are hard to diagnose and my RA was negative sera RA. Symptoms point there. Veggie pizza class sounds nice. I have not been cooking for myself enough. I keep turning to tuna sandwiches on seed breads and quest bars for meals. I made my husband a pan of scalloped potatoes last night and ate a little bit of it. He was asking for it. I also made him lemon pie. Once I cook for one person I am not real interested in cooking for myself. That is nice that you got out for a walk with Sadie.
I kind of like some of the chatting with the workouts. I am bored if they are hardly saying anything. I like it when they chat with me at PT. It makes it easier to push through the timed stuff. Time seems shorter when I am entertained. Jessica Smith does have some workouts like her Metabolic series that are tough and really good. I just do not find the workouts really fun workouts that I look forward to. They are nice once in awhile.

Doreen, dogs have such funny personalities at times. My dog sits behind the couch waiting for my husband to come out in the afternoons. That is cute that your dog was ready for more treadmill walking.
Roselyn, nice work with Beast Mode Chest and Triceps.

Debbie, sorry you still have some busy days. I am glad that you got in a treadmill walk this morning.

Jolie, nice work with the Live upper body ball workout today.

Hi,

Cathe Intensity today, mostly on the rebounder.

Diane - congrats on finishing your PT. I was hoping the last 3rd full vaccine wouldn't cause me set backs. My RP is out of control ever since. I am so sorry about your SIL. That shouldn't happened. My appointment with Penn Uni is in June. They are the experts on RP. I am still waiting for NIH, they just opened up to see people again. Why aren't you eating with your DH? Tuna sandwiches sounds good, quick and easy. I canceled my FOK subscription today. I don't mind some chatting in workouts, just not the entire time. Caroline doesn't talk during her workouts, I enjoyed it. Like you, I don't use JS workouts. I will pass on her new workouts.

Good night.

Today I did Michelle Briehler 45 min. Full Body Strong. I just picked a random strength workout and this ended up being a great pick. Michelle always puts a new spin on familiar exercises.

Diane, hope you won't need anymore PT. I was just reading about the dirtiest fruits and vegetables and kale was at the top of the list along with spinach and strawberries right behind, which I eat alot of. Ha!

Good workout everyone!

Belinda, I forgot about Intensity. I used to love to do that one. Great job today. I hope that your appointment in June is helpful, and you can get some relief. I do not fix the same thing for my husband as I would eat. He does not eat hardly any vegetables unless potatoes and beans are considered vegetables. He likes mostly beef and a lot of prepackaged stuff. I make his meals and if I get inspired I cook something for myself. I had two sandwiches today for lunch and dinner and avocado toast this morning before PT. I did make a salad with romaine lettuce to add to dinner tonight and topped with apples, walnuts, dried cranberries and onion. I used Primal Kitchen Honey Mustard dressing and marinade on it. I just was not feeling protein bars today. I get tired of protein powder. I try to keep away from too much salt and sugar. I used left over chicken that I shredded for one sandwich and tuna for the other on Ezekial flax bread. It is not really bad eating get stuck in a rut sometimes. Sometimes I buy lots of veggies with good intentions and then don't get busy and cook them. My husband and I just both eat different types of food.

Cam, I have only done one Michelle workout and that was recently. I just spotted it when looking at youtube and decided I would try it. I have read that about some of the fruits and vegetables. I heard about kale and used to have only Kale all of the time. I Iike curly kale. I did wonder if it could be problematic with the body absorbing calcium. My doctor told me years ago to not eat very much spinach because it slows calcium absorption. I think anything that has oxalates in it is not a good choice. I am pretty sure kale is one of those. I buy most fruits and vegetables organic. I have seen those dirty dozen lists to avoid. I think that is what they call it.

Good morning,

Xtrain Bi’s & Tri’s is done. I will walk the dogs, I am watching DD's dog Cooper. He is full of energy.

Diane - Intensity was a lot of fun. I had to modify quit a bit. The appointment in June is a RP study. They will not give me medications, she does work with my Rheumatologist on the best treatment. Penn Uni is top study for RP. RP is a progressive disease, all they can do to slow it down and make recommendations. My Rheumatologist is really on top of things. He is and will be my primary doctor for RP Penn Uni will work with closely with my Rheumatologist to find the best treatment for me. I am doing the study, hoping one day they will find a cure for this horrible disease. Luckily, my husband eats everything I do. I don't need to cook twice. It's hard if your husband is on a different diet. I have to be careful with protein bar. I can't take collagen at all anymore. One way to think about collagen supplements when you have RP: our body has targeted particularly Type II collagen, some research shows other forms of collagen also. Even though it's produced in our body's our immune systems doesn't doesn't recognize it as "same" if you produce FOREIGN collagen, your body will fight it even more, most likely ramping up to increase flair ups.

I will be back later.

This morning I did RAW Strength 2 Cardio Acceleration. I had a great workout and love this one. This one is geared more towards a weight lifting workout but she addes intervals of cardio where you should rest. I had to modify or skip some of the cardio moves due to my knee.

12 reps each lifting move, cardio was just as long as Kelly wanted it to go.

Shoulders/Triceps
Upright Rows:
15's
Cardio - doable
Repeat
Double Arm Kickbacks:
5's (my tricep is bugging me)
Cardio - doable
Repeat
Overhead Press/Triceps Extensions:
8's
Cardio - doable
Repeat

Biceps/Legs
Bicep Curls:
15's (I did Hammers)
Cardio - modified
Repeat
Squats:
8's (I did Firewalkers with my green band)
Cardio - modified
Repeat
Hammer Curls/Squats:
12's (I just did Pledges)
Cardio - skipped
Repeat

Chest/Back
Dumbbell Flies:
15's
Cardio - skipped
Repeat
Seated Double Arm Rows:
15's (I did chest press instead)
Cardio - skipped
Repeat
Chest Press/Connected Pullovers:
12's
Cardio - skipped
Repeat

Abs - I did these, there wasn't much to it

Workout was 48 minutes, burned 380 calories, HR was 132/166 and I did 2439 steps. Great workout, loved this one!

Diane - Congrats on finishing your PT! Wow, amazing. I'm so glad your shoulder is feeling better. I wish you neck would, I wonder what is going on there? This getting old stuff is for the birds. I'm so sick of the small aches and pains I have every single day. I can't remember the last time I woke up and realized there was nothing on my body that was hurting me. What are we doing wrong? I seriously need to start adding in yoga, I wonder if that would help or hurt?

Jolie - Great job on your workout yesterday. Those are all the Cathe workouts I used to do and love. I should go back to them but then I worry about hurting myself - although I am still in pain like all the time it seems, can't really blame Cathe for that! Yes, I'm looking forward to the summer, I cannot wait!

Doreen - I can't believe you guys got snow. It was 47 degrees here this morning, though! But at least no snow!

Belinda - I don't blame you, I wouldn't reup on the FOK menu plan either. I didn't use it much and always ended up buying too many vegetables. I always have to cook seperate meals for my DH, he rarely eats what I do. I have some easy go to recipes that I use, though, so it's not all that much more time consuming. I'm sorry to hear you are going through so much still with your RP. That is not good and I'm sure it's difficult for you dealing with it each and every day. I shouldn't complain about my aches and pains knowing what you are going through. I am saying prayers for you, my friend.

Cam and Roselyn - Great job on your workouts!

Roxie - Have you started at Ulta yet?

Have a great day everyone!!!

I did a ride on IFit today with Ashliegh in Japan through some bambo forest. I'm always amazed that they don't ever stop to figure out where to go on the narrow winding roads!! It was a lot of hill climbing so my legs were feeling it!!

Quick check in, I am running late for an appointment. Today I did an uphill walk on the TM, 75 minutes, 4 miles and I burned 599 calories. As I look down at my watch, I have burned an additional 48 calories in a matter of minutes! Gotta love the after burn!

Great job on your workouts today! It is finally sunny here today, I can't wait to grab a good book and sit outside and get some Vitamin D!

Debbie, great job on the workout today, and the calorie burn!!!

Doreen, my legs would be dead, literally dead after doing a spin workout, those have always killed me in a good way! Great job!

Belinda, way to go on Bi's and Tri's today.

BBL to read the other posts for the day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.