Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2022!!

Good Afternoon,

I went to my oldest DD’s house for a walk and then we went to one of the grandsons talent show he is in the 3rd grade. I told Debbie about this but didn’t want to say anything until it was official I got a job offer from Ulta. I went in last Thursday looking for sunscreen for my face because I got burnt while on the boat and decided to ask for a manager and she scheduled an interview for yesterday this morning I got an email from them officially offering me the job. Now I have to buy new clothes. I have done 21 workouts so far this month been pretty consistent up until yesterday when I took a rest day but back at it today.

Debbie-we paid 185,000 for our house which considering the neighborhood we are in is pretty good in the last town we lived in our house would be listed at 300,000.

Reactions: WD
Today was PT and I came home and did CDorner's latest mobility workout, 38 minutes as I added some extra shoulder stretches and neck stretching. 55 calories, heart rate 76/93. My Pt talked to me about how close I am to where I was before the surgery. I told him I seem to be able to do most things, just going much lighter in weight. I also talked about boxing as well. It seems I am doing fine. Funny when talking about Kickboxing and workouts he mentioned doing P90X and the kickboxing workout. We talked about Tony Horton and he also told me he had another Beach Body kickboxing workout which ended up being Combat. He had it there. Also some other BB workouts. I have one more day left. He switched from the arm raises with the dumbbells sort of diagonal in front to having me do no weight thumbs down as it works some different shoulder muscles. No weights as that one is harder.
Weird thing that my knee again started to lock up. I caught myself as soon as I felt it and carefully straightened my leg and pushed it back in place. Maybe my knee sleeves would help. I don't get it, as all 3 times I have went to turn my legs behind me knees bent to get up from the floor. I need to research what it could be. I was just getting up from doing the yoga and stretching.

Roselyn, good job getting in Body Beast Chest today.

Cam, glad you found a CDorner workout you liked. I tend to avoid the older ones that she did in the beginning. I don't know why. Kelly Coffey's first few Raw workouts that she did and put on youtube were not real good quality. She redid those workouts later for the Raw channel. I don't know what to think anymore. Somehow it seems like we are being set up for a takeover and we are all useless people. China is buying up our farmland and some is not producing anything or else they or growing marijuana. They are buying it up here in Oklahoma. Why we are allowing that is beyond me considering the situation. It is frustrating. If something does not change we are in deep trouble and are going to have to put up a fight. No formula and money going out everywhere but to help out here just makes me mad.

Debbie, those power outages are a pain. We have a lot here as I think all of this construction get lines cut or something. Not good when the power is out, and you have an electric tankless water heater. It means cold showers. I got an email about my new subscription I just signed up for. It had the same Coffey Fit stuff on it and when I clicked it took me to her site and everything was good. It showed I had previous subscription from before and I did not see any payment info on my account. Just my Amazon subscription. It is weird how that happened, and I do not get it. I guess you still have a few more weeks before break. I am glad your knee is feeling good.

Jolie, great job on the treadmill walk. You burned a lot of calories. That is great that your son has someone that can help him get the job he wants when he gets his masters.

Today I did RAW Box & Pump. I had a great workout and really needed it. Her Box & Pump workouts are just so fun.

1 minute each drill

Rows: 12's
W Back Flies: 8's
Overhead press/flies: 8's

Boxing
Supinated Curls
: 12's
Pledges: 10's
Front/Hammer Run Curls: 5's (killer!)

Boxing
Upright Rows:
12's
Bent Elbow Lateral Raise: 8's
Bent Over Flies: 8's

Boxing
Overhead Extension
: 12#
Double Arm Kickbacks: 5's
Dips

Boxing
Chest Press:
12's
Flies: 10's
Face Plant Push Ups (I did one arm presses with 12's)

Squats: Skipped
Back Lunges: Skipped
Scales: Skipped

Workout was 47 minutes, burned 435 calories (damn!!), did 2911 steps and HR was 142/173.

My HR was up today due to stress about my Young Authors program. It went GREAT!! The kids were so excited about being there. I have an open house tonight to show off all their books so I'm working late again, but I don't mind. I'm very tired and still a bit stressed but after tonight it's all smooth sailing!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Hi,

We are home. We arrived in DC around 11 pm last night. We ended up staying at DD's condo last night. It would have been too late to drive home. By the time we showered and eat some food it was 1 am. I didn't go to sleep until 2 am. I am so tired today.

I did ended up doing some leg workout this evening.

I am trying to figure out what I will do workout wise next week?

Good night.

Today I did CDorner Step and strength with mini bands (loops0, 204 calories, 48 minutes, heart rate 118/146, 2016 steps. I liked this as it was 80's music alternating 3 min step with 3 min band work. Band work was lower one set then the next was upper etc. with step in between. It had one short push up segment on the step and I did kneel push-ups shallow. I will get that strength eventually. PT said around 6 months I can build up into the planks and stuff. That is one month away. It ended with abs and stretch. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Day 5 strength stretch workout, stopping at the down dog which I did do, but not raising leg up behind. This was 26 minutes, 43 calories, 315 steps. Total time was 71 minutes, 244 calories, 2,059 steps. Doing the research, I am thinking the knee catch is due to the arthritis and is a catch that does not stay and one can get out of it, but it is painful and the body is fighting injury. Usually caused from inflammation, injury or swelling. It is not what they call fully locked. Sometimes a piece of cartilage or something can be floating around and get caught and with movement release as well. It just didn't fit some of the other things that would be more constant. Things like torn meniscus etc. Plus I have had that experience and the lockouts from that when I had surgery for it. So I know it is different.

Roxie, congratulations getting that job at Ulta. I bet you are happy you asked. Good for you being consistent with your workouts.

Roselyn, nice work with Body Beast back.

Debbie, great job on the Box and Pump this morning. Those are fun workouts. It is funny how anxiety and stuff changes up the heart rate. I hope this evening went well with the books. Did Kelly put up another cardio crush? I looked at it this morning and she said it was drills. I don't remember a third one. I should look at it and see what it is like.

Belinda, that is good that you had your daughter's condo to stay in so you did not have to travel that late. I did not get to bed till 3 this morning and it has been hard dragging through the day. Good for you getting a leg workout anyway.

Today I did KCM Muscle Up. I did the Total Body (2 sets each) Premix and the Abs segment. I am a little shakey and I think I will be a little sore tomorrow. I forget how much I like this video. Yesterday I walked 2 miles at lunch and another 2 miles last night with my dog. She had a lot of energy.

Diane, that Step & Strength looked fun. I like doing those types of workouts once in awhile.

Belinda, you'll find a new rotation. Like I mentioned, you might like Vera's workouts.

Roxie, congrats on the job!

Debbie, good workout!

I am really tired tonight. It's been a busy week.

My Young Authors program went great!! I can't believe they tried to get rid of this event, I'm glad I took it over. It was a joy to see the kids run up to the stage when we called the nominees for best writer and illustrator. A couple of the young ladies that won started crying. I got all teary-eyed as well. So cute! This is for 3rd - 6th graders so still young kids. It was great.

Today I was so tired, I didn't get home until 8:30 and really didn't want to work out, but I walked on my treadmill for about 35 minutes and then did some stretches. I'm leaving early to go to PT and then going home early. My knee has been sore since yesterday, I think walking all day in stupid shoes did it. I did a lot of walking yesterday.

Diane - I was looking at Cardio Crush 3 this morning and thought I'd try it, but then my knee didn't feel all that great so I thought I better not. Looks like a good one though. I don't think I've ever done that Strength Stretch workout you did., not even sure I've seen it out there. Good job with your workouts yesterday!

Belinda - Glad you had a great time, that is awesome!!

Cam - I don't think I have Muscle Up, I'll have to see if Kelly has it posted on her RAW channel. Good job with your workouts!

Have a great workout today everyone!! Things will slow down for me next week. Yay!!!

Today I did Cathe live #163 Buff Upper Body and had a fantastic workout. I like this workout because it is in a Tri-Set format for most of the exercises and you basically go to failure and thus I could lift lighter weights. I am exhausted from a poor night's sleep but managed to get in a good workout. Workout was 55 minutes since I paused a few times, and it includes an AB and Core segment as well. This is a must for me because of my low back issues, I have to keep up on this or otherwise I can run into trouble again. I burned 384 calories. I cannot believe how much weight I lifted the last time I did this workout about 1.5 years ago. Those days are gone!

Debbie, congrats on the successful Young Authors event last night at school. Way to go on at least walking on the TM today. I wore shoes that I had not worn in a long time to my son's graduation and had to walk a long way, my knee was absolutely killing me and I was not in them very long. I bet you are due for a relaxing summer! Nice workout yesterday as well.

Roxie, congrats on the job offer from Ulta! Great job on getting so many workouts in lately.

Roselyn, I am actually really enjoying Cathe Live again, it has been some time since I was signed up at it seems so new and exciting again. Have fun on your vacation!

Cam, great job on the workout yesterday and the walk. I love when I have tons of energy, not today for me!

Belinda, I hope you got a good nights sleep last night and feel better today.

Make it a great day. I bet I will be sore tomorrow from today's workout :)

Today I did Some of Raw Cardio Crush 2, which was the warm up and two rounds of the jacks and jogs and decided that was not for me right now. I think they are done in tabata rounds. I went on to do Raw SLim Sculpt #2, first round of the moves and warm up, 24 minutes, 93 calories, heart rate 107/125, 1,567 steps. I just counted those two together.
I then did Raw Box and sculpt 28 minutes, heart rate 126/152 heart rate, 147 calories, 682 steps. This one worked well for me. I did not use egg weights or other weight for the boxing and I used 5 and 8 for the strength since most was upper and lower at the same time. I finished with Cathe Perfect 30 Flow Strength and Flexibility, 34 minutes, 64 calories, 214 steps. I also did some rotator cuff work from PT.
Total time was 86 minutes, 304 calories, 2,463 steps.

Cam, great job with Muscle Up and the walks with your dog. I have not done that one in awhile, but always liked it. I want to try her latest strength workout which she has on her Raw channel, but I would like the dvd as it has premixes. I only purchased Cardio Fit which was lighter weight with cardio. I like the mixes on it and she added a raw workout bonus. The step and strength with mini bands was fun.

Debbie, I bet that was a fun event. My 14-year-old granddaughter would love something like that. She writes stories and had her own website she was posting when she was younger with a book series she was writing. She would bring over her journal book and let me read her latest chapters. She has been doing this a long time ago. She told me she is going to take the advanced writing class. Running around in shoes for long periods of time other that workout shoes is tough. I wore new heels for all of the wedding festivities which were higher than I have worn in years. I always run home and those shoes like that come off right away. It was probably best that you did not do Cardio Crush 3 if your knee is bothering you. I started with the jacks and went the second time with low jacks. The second workout I did had planks and I did it, but did not want to push that too much. PT said around 6 months. I am almost there though. I have done the Raw stretch quite a few times. I went back and finished it last night before bed as well as the warm up to Cardio Crush 3 while looking at it. That stretch is over 30 minutes and has a short foam roller section. She puts that one in her other section instead of with the actual 5 day strength section.

Jolie, nice work on the Live upper body workout today.

Today I did Penny's 45 min. Full Body Cardio & Strength Super Sets. It was an awesome sweatfest. I have missed her endurance workouts. Each super set was 50 sec compound strength/ 40 sec cardio. 10 sec rest in between. 2x.

Debbie, glad you are educating. Love to hear kids actually learning something other than how to change their sex.

Jolie, glad you are enjoying new workouts and Cathe Live. Don't say those days are gone. Just keep at it and you will see strength gains. It's baby steps but you may be surprised at how you change your body. I am finding out how important a strong core is. I always neglected that area but now I am seeing the benefits.

Diane, good workout. Is the pain getting better? I know sometimes I get unexplainable aches, but it doesn't last long. Hoping you are feeling less pain.

Take care everyone! Yay, one more day of work.

Today I did Kelly's RAW Weights 1 and had an excellent workout. I really love this workout. I skipped the leg parts and only did upper body and abs. This is one of my favorite weight lifting videos Kelly does.

Tabata style, 25 seconds on/10 seconds off. 8 rounds each exercise.

Biceps
Dumbbell Curls:
10's (4 rounds)
Hammer Curls: 12's(4 rounds)
(alternated between the two)
BW Squats - Skipped

Shoulders
Shoulder Press:
20# (used only one dumbbell so it was more of a front shoulder exercises) - 4 rounds
Upright Row: 15# (one arm at a time) - 4 rounds
(alternated between the two)
BW Alternate Lunges - Skipped

Back
Lawnmowers:
15# (alternating sides)
BW Curtsy Lunges - Skipped

Triceps
Overhead Triceps Extensions:
15# (4 rounds)
Alternating Kickbacks: 5# for 3 sets (4 rounds)
(Alternated between the two)

Lower Body
Squats:
Skipped
Curtsy Squats: Skipped

Chest
Dumbbell Flies:
15's
Dumbbell Press: 15's
(Alternated between the two)

Planks: Did all 8 sets

Abs
Crunches
Reverse Crunch
(I did Russian Twists w/8# med ball)

Workout was 52 minutes, burned 339 calories, did 743 steps and HR WAS 120/156.

Jolie - Great workout! Yes, shoes always affect my knees and back. I hate to wear anything other than my comfy, supported Brooks shoes. Wish I could just wear them all the time.

Diane - It was a fun event, I loved seeing the kids come on the stage to get awards. Some cried when their name was announced as best writer or illustrator. Brought tears to my eyes. Cardio Crush workouts are fun, I can't wait to be able to do them again. I'm getting there, my knee is much better. I don't go back to the PT until May 31 but she gave me new exercises to add to what I'm already doing. I'll definitely check out that stretch workout.

Cam - You are so right!! What is it with these schools and who gave them permission to do that? Why is it a choice? Your either male or female FROM BIRTH! There is no inbetween. Yikes, we are so screwed. Great job with your workout!

Belinda - Whichever workout you choose, have a great one!!

Hello to Roselyn, Doreen and Roxie!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

Good morning,

Today I did Perfect 30 LB. I will walk later to get my steps in.

Debbie - amazing job on your workout today. Good shoes are important. My FOK subscription is up for renewal. I think I will cancel. I haven't used it in month.

Cam - does she show modifications? Same of her stuff looks high impact. Great job yesterday.

Diane - I am glad we stayed at DD condo too. Driving after midnight through the country isn't fun. How are you feeling these day's? Did you see Jessica Smith came out with a new workout bundle I don't know if I want them or not?

Jolie - glad you enjoy CL workouts. I miss her Live workouts. I may sign up for a month too.

BBL

Today will be rest day #2 for the week, it is raining today and my walk that was scheduled is now rained out. I cannot believe we are getting rain at this time of the year; it is unheard of in May but welcomed! The weekend the weather should be much better so I will workout both days. I am not walking on the TM today because I notice it can make my knee hurt so I would rather walk outside if possible.

Debbie, great job on the Upper Body workout today.

Cam, I will not go back to heavy lifting anymore because of my back issue. However, I do still lift quite heavy just not as heavy as before. Also, I like the way I look better, not so bulky and I am not at the Chiro as much as before. 25# DB's is the most I will pick up now days, no more 30 and 40# DB's, those days are long gone and I am thankful.

Belinda, nice job on the LB workout today. Enjoy your walk with Sadie.

Roxie, I hope you like your new job.

Diane Sue, great job on Cardio Crush!

Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout today.

Doreen, I hope you are getting in some good workouts this week.

Have a wonderful day, TGIF!

Good Afternoon,

My workout sreak is going to take a hit I picked up a virus that my doctor says starts with the sore throat I have been having for 2-3 days then turns into a horrible cough for 2-3 weeks and there is nothing they can do it won respond to antibiotics. Not what I need right before I start working Monday. Thank you everyone on the congrats.

• Sad
Jolie- We're getting rain here now too- its been so dry with fire warnings everyday so I'm happy for the rain. But its supposed to start snowing tonight 5-8 inches predicted. Unheard of for us after Mother's day!!

This morning I did an advanced HIIT workout with Hannah Eden on Ifit. I skipped the bodyweight moves. but it was still fun. I also found some Anja Garcia bootcamp cycling workouts on Ifit that I saved to try later. They have so many workouts but they are a little hard to find and organize on the app.

Thinking of pulling out some of my old stuff and looking through for something to do this summer... I probably don't even remember what all I have!!

It's rainy day here too. I tried to do a step workout and popped in Amy Bento ASC4 but after a couple combos I was done. I just didn't feel like a workout and I barely remembered the routine. It was too much for my brain today and just didn't feel like concentrating on choreography. I am going to take my dog for a walk since the rain stopped. She took me on a long walk last night. My husband is out of town till Sunday and she likes to walk with me only when he's gone. She is so attached to him and mopes a lot when he's gone. Last night we walked 3 miles and she didn't want to go home. It was a beautiful night. We finally got home at 9:00. Little stinker.

Doreen, 5 to 8 inches of snow??! I would cry. Are you in Colorado?

Roxie, my friend had the exact same thing. She finally is feeling better after a week of that. The sore throat would come and go for a few days. She was pretty sick.

Jolie, I get what you are saying. I am able to do bicep curls with 15`s. That's amazing for me. Ha! I couldn't imagine lifting more than that. You're right, it's not worth it. I stick with 5-12 lb dumbbells for upper body. Thats enough for me.

Belinda, Penny does show modifications and I do some of the mods. I think her routines are kinda fun and quite a calorie burner..

Time to walk my dog. Have a good weekend.

Today I did Raw Step Boxing 29 minutes, 143 calories, heart rate 128/161, 2,744 steps. I liked this one and the music was good. I then did Michelle Biehler (I have not done hers before), Low Impact cardio standing abs, 32.54 minutes, heart rate 136/175, 189 calories, 1,795 steps. Total time was 61 minutes, 327 calories, 4,539 steps.

Cam, nice work with Penny's Superset full body workout yesterday and today doing a little of Amy Bento ASC4. I know how you feel, I sometimes do not want to have to focus on more complicated moves. It has been quite some time since I have done those ASC workouts with Amy. It would probably take me awhile to pick up on the moves again. They are fun once I get them down.
I was thinking it is great that children are able to be back in school in a group setting, till I heard all of this awful stuff they are teaching. I do not know how the parents can tolerate it. I don't understand where they got these teachers willing to teach that stuff to children. It makes me ill.
My knee is fine. I wore my knee compression sleeves today. I am not getting enough relief with my neck and I think some it just something going on with that whole side of me down into my rib wall and sternum. It is painful at night. Maybe from the surgery? I am trying some supplements and care to stop inflammation. Going back to using Cats claw. It helps with arthritis and also costochondritis which sounded like my symptoms. I used to take Cats Claw and quit and had them take it off of my supplements list at the arthritis center. Will give it another try. I am not wanting to go to a doctor and have more tests run.

Belinda, nice work with Ramped Up Upper Body yesterday and Perfect 30 Lower Body today. I was thinking maybe I should use some of the muscle meltdowns to get in some short strength workouts. I heard that Jessica Smith was coming out with a new workout bundle. I don't know if I will purchase. At least not right now. I use the ones I have once in awhile, but they are not used often. I think I must have too many. I am feeling a lot better. I have not been having pain in my shoulder lately. It feels good. I just have other problems, but mobility and strength are coming back nicely. Just the issue I mentioned to Cam above.

Debbie, that is a favorite workout. I like the moves in it and the way they are put together. You got a great workout in. That is good that your PT gave you some more exercises to do. They seem pretty good at finding where our weaknesses are. Mine stands there and will watch my movements and this last time upped some weight again. One more day and I will be on my own.

Jolie, I am sure you will make up those workouts. You really burn some calories when you walk. I think the treadmill, particularly on hills kind of puts some pull on the knees. The Tread Climber has bothered my knees with the pressure and climbing. I am sure the rain is rather nice.

Roxie, I am sorry you got sick and meds are not clearing it up. I will send a prayer for wellness when you go to work.

Today the weather is still cold and damp, so I did a 75 minute walk uphill on my TM, traveled 4 miles and burned 648 calories. The time flew by because I was watching a tennis match on tv and that took my mind off the walk. I wore different running shoes today, my older Adidas and my knee is much better today. I guess for the TM I need to wear different shoes compared to walking on the street or down at the beach.

Great workouts yesterday everyone!

Roxie, I hope you feel better by Monday. I would take as much Vitamin C as possible, I mean a lot, and drink hot lemon water with fresh ginger, honey and cayenne pepper. That should really knock it out of you!

Diane Sue, it is so great that you are working out again and really doing well with your workouts! Great job on your PT and recovery!

Doreen, I saw CO had snow, that is good news for the fire issue!

Cam, my dog is the same way with my husband. He is with me all day long but as soon as my husband walks through the door, I am chopped liver LOL!

I hope you all have great workouts today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.