Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2024

Today I did CDorner Step and Sculpt with loop bands, 48 minutes, heart rate 119/157, 191 calories, 2,911 steps. I then did Raw Stretch Flow 20 minutes, 31 calories and CDorner Day 18 chest and shoulder mobility and stretch, 12 minutes, 20 calories. Total time 80 minutes, 242 calories. I am still sore from the kettlebell workout. I probably should have just did Kettlebell 3 and not added drop sets to it. Hopefully tomorrow I am ready for a weight workout. I have learned to allow recovery before hitting something else hard.

Debbie, yes, I have done Upper Body Sculpt/Lower Tone. I have it in my notebook with the moves. It seems I remember wearing two pair of ankle weights with it. It has been a long time since I have done it. I hope you get to feeling better. My husband has had something going on and lots of coughing. He stayed home from work a couple of days. I keep taking oregano oil and I have been using allergy drops for our zone. Hoping to avoid getting sick.

Jolie, that is great that the far infrared light therapy worked for your knees problem. I keep putting one of those that you can lay on you are wrap around the waist in my wish list and then taking it back out. My Vet swears by this and does it with his animal patients. He didn't believe they would work till he had a friend prove to him that it works. I have thought one would be good for me and to help my dog with her limping.
I used to always use two risers on each end and sometimes three. Pretty much after the torn meniscus I dropped to one riser. I might raise to two if the workout is partly strength and uses the step as part of the strength work. I think I have used with 3 risers with a couple Kelly has done, but they were not your standard step type workouts. Great job on R&R 2019 and Raw Upper Body Finisher arms and shoulders.

Belinda, nice work on Slow and Heavy Chest/Back and planks. Sorry the rain is keeping you from your walk. It is supposed to rain here tomorrow. I need it to though so the fertilizer and weed stuff that Tru Green put on this morning gets watered in. I still have not got the sprinkler system de winterized yet. Chris does have a lot of step workouts and floor workouts that are not high impact or she shows alternatives for those who do not want any jumping. That and decent music is why I like a lot of her workouts that are cardio. Her kickboxing and hiit workouts often have some impact in them though.

Roselyn, nice work today.

No workout for me again, just not feeling good. Now it has moved into my chest just like I knew it would. Been coughing my head off. So frustrating to get this every dang year. I had a virtual doctor visit yesterday and the doctor didn't think my symptoms were bad enough for an antibiotic or steroids, she said if I don't feel any better by Sunday to email her and she will call in a prescription for me. I don't get it. I'm not asking for an opioid for goodness sakes. I just want something to kick this out of my system before it gets worse.

Not feeling like personals today, so I hope you all have a great day and workouts!

Reactions: WD
Good Evening,

I walked for 2 miles on the treadmill the last 2 days.

Debbie-your symptoms sound like mine did when I had Covid started with a runny nose and sore throat

Today's workout was Raw Burnout Upper Body, 50 minutes, 143 calories heart rate 99/138. I then did CDorner Sweaty Mobility, 33 minutes, 73 calories. Total time 83 minutes, 216 calories.

Raw Burn Out Upper Body 43 minutes
Supersets for all body parts except back
25,20,15,10# dumbbells 3 sets each superset

Biceps superset
supination curl 17.5 # dumbbells all 3 sets
front half curls 15# dumbbells all 3 sets

Back
1 arm rows using bench 25# dumbbell right
1 arm rows using bench 25# dumbbell left
3 times

Shoulders
seated overhead press 12# dumbbells both arms, 12# dumbbells alternating, 12# dumbbells alternatin
bent arm lateral raise 12# dumbbell both arms, 10# dumbbells alternating, 10# dumbbells alternating

Chest
close grip bench press15# dumbbells all 3 sets
pullovers 20# dumbbell, 20# dumbbell, 15# dumbbell

Triceps
skull crusher 15# dumbbells all 3 sets
dips or optional overhead press set one 15# dumbbell overhead press, set 2 and 3 triceps dips

Evening,

Finally we had nice weather today. Went for a nice long walk.

Debbie - I hope your doctor puts in a prescription for you soon. I can’t believe she makes your wait until Sunday? I am so sorry you are going through so much with your sinus. Have you ever been diagnosed from an ENT with chronic sinus infections? You should make an appointment with an ENT. Feel better soon.

Diane - fantastic job on your workout yesterday and today. it was nice outside today. Did it rain by you? Sounds like you have a lot of yard work planned. We hired someone to come do all yard problems. We couldn’t get our grass going. Now, it’s just easier someone comes out and does it. It’s not cheap :( I agree, Chris has some decent music in her workouts.

Good night.

Today I did CDorner Dance Party Low Impact 40 minutes, heart rate 137/172, 229 calories. I then did Raw Lean Physique Buts and Guts, 39 minutes, 110 calories, heart rate 96/122. I finished with CDorner Day 24, Neck and Upper Back Mobility and Stretch, 13 minutes, 19 calories. Total time 92 minutes, 358 calories, 4,720 steps. It is cold and rainy here today. The power went out last night and came back on late. I ended up cleaning floors when it came back on and did not get to bed till 1:45 am. It went out for a short time again this morning.

Debbie, I hope that you are feeling better. I am sorry that you are sick.

Belinda, I am glad you got to go for a nice long walk. It has been raining and I saw the forecast saying it would get down to 32 tonight. I think it will leave and warm back up though for a while. I am cleaning and trying to get shopping and things done as I am hosting my lady group game day Tuesday.
We have someone mow and I do get Trugreen to fertilize. Every time we do the fertilizing and weed stuff it does not work well when done ourselves. It is expensive. We bought an electric lawn mower last year when we couldn't find a place that would mow. A lot of the landscaping companies told me they had a hard time hiring people to do it. We finally lucked out and found out our old lawn care person was back. He had left for another state for something and had someone else finish out the summer the year before. I am glad her is back. I spray for bugs and take care of planters and trimming.

Today I did CDorner Fast Basic Step & Abs Rock that Step, #366, 40 minutes, 199 calories, heart rate 131/161, 3,163 steps. I then did CDorner Full Body Stretching Routine Deep Stretch and mobility plus Day 12 upper body stretch, 40 minutes, 50 calories. Total time was 80 minutes, 249 calories.

Evening,

I did Slow and Heavy Tirceps and biceps/abs.

My son is here to visit. I will catch up on personals tomorrow.

Friday and Saturday I was in Indian Wells for the big tennis tournament, and I had the best time!!! I met so many cool people from all over the world and I loved watching the matches with the pros. I had absolutely NO pain in my body out in the desert where it was 85 degrees and very little humidity. Now I know why seniors move to the desert areas, no pain from arthritis!!!

Today I had an excellent workout! I did Yvette Bachman Low Impact Step with Weights and this is one of my favorite workouts. I used 2 risers and it was perfect for me. This workout focuses mainly on rounds of Cardio/Chest/Triceps/ Core and then repeat for several times. The rep range was 5 to 8 heavy weights but I did 12 reps instead at a slightly lighter weight. Workout was 57 minutes and I burned 547 calories. I am dripping wet from working so hard and it feels amazing. I want to try to do at least one or two Yvette workouts per week so I do not get bored with the RAW workouts. My legs are going to be feeling this workout tomorrow.

Debbie, I hope you are starting to feel better. Bummer that this hit you, is it allergies? I feel like I have the flu when I have allergies, never knowing that is what I had. I hope you feel better soon.

Great job on all of the workouts the past two days everyone! Spring is around the corner here, it is starting to get warmer and the flowers on the hill sides are beautiful!

Happy Sunday.

Good morning,

RWH Legs is done. I modified as needed like the explosive jumps. We are picking up the RV on Thursday. Need to back and get things ready. DS is still here until Wednesday.

I will be back later.

Hi all! Well I am alive. Wow, I was not doing well this weekend and stayed home Friday from work. I was coughing so hard I thought I broke a rib. My upper back, lower back and even hips hurt from coughing so hard and so much. I was able to get into my doctors on Friday and she gave me an antibiotic which is finally kicking in. I am at work and feel almost human again. This sucks. I get this every darn year. I have an upper respiratory infection. It always starts out as sinuses and then travels to my chest without fail. Anyways, I'm on the mend and hoping to workout tomorrow. I have a spelling bee on Thursday so I hope I'm 100% by then.

Great job on all your workouts!! You girls are kicking butt!!

Good morning,

Debbie - I am so sorry you have an upper respiratory infection. I am so glad you on the mends and you are on right meds. Get lots of rest if you can.

BBL

Yesterday I forgot to post my workout. I took the pup for his 3.2 mile walk through the hills, 1 hour and burned 421 calories. Today I did CL #276 All In Upper Body and had a great workout. Workout was 55 minutes, I added 5 minutes of ABS to the end of the workout, and I burned 412 calories. I will not type out the whole workout since I have posted this one so many times, I do not want to bore you all :) I am lifting heavier lately, I feel good and hope to keep it this way.

Debbie, holy smokes, I hope you feel better soon!

Roselyn, way to go on the workout this morning. Are you still doing hair for your job? How is it going?

Where is Diane, am I missing something like she is on vacation?

Great job on the workouts yesterday everyone! Make it a great day.

Hi all, still recovering. I was hoping to workout today but this crap is holding on tight. I do feel better and the cough is minimal, but the sinus pressure in my head is getting bad again. Hopefully it will go away soon.

Jolie - Great workout. I know Diane is working out because I can see it on my Garmin, but I'm not sure why she hasn't posted. Maybe she's just been overly busy.

Belinda - Thanks, I am glad I'm on meds too. I know how this goes and it can last 2 months if it's not treated right away. Great job with your workouts!

Have a great day everyone!!

Yesterday I did Raw Balance Strength and Core, 35 minutes, 104 calories. I then did Raw Kickbox NRG, 31 minutes, using 1# dumbbells, 139 calories, heart rate 120/158. I finished off with CDorner Full Body Static Stretch day 30 and a portion of another stretch, 32 minutes, 40 calories. Total time 99 minutes, 283 calories, 2,525 steps. I burned less calories than I did the last time with these two workouts even though I added the dumbbells for boxing. The weights pretty much stayed the same, but I did better with the workout as far as the movements and balance. It is mostly 1 sided weight lifting.
Today there was not a workout. I hosted my ladies group this morning. I am not sure how tomorrow will be. I caught my shoe laces on a vanity stool that I have in my bathroom and it flipped and I lost balance and landed right on my knees. Mostly the left and it hurts. I have iced it all day long. The ladies came in and I was hobbling around with a ice wrap around my knee. I am hoping it is better tomorrow. I am tired. I ordered groceries from Whole Foods to be delivered 6-8 and they started texting me at 4 a.m. I am sad that I did not get the salmon. I had down that I would accept Atlantic salmon if they did not have sockeye and then I did not get any. They offered a frozen bag of pieces, and I said no. I am betting it was too early for the meat department to have the salmon out on ice. I had to get up and accept subs or deny them twice. I could not get back to sleep and I had stayed up late getting things ready for the ladies group brunch. We had a nice time. Lots of much needed laughing.

Debbie, I am glad you got some medicine and are starting to feel better.

Belinda, nice work with RWH back, biceps, and shoulders today. That is great that you are getting to pick up the RV Thursday. I bet you are excited.

Jolie, great job on CL # 276 All in Upper Body and your walk yesterday.

Roselyn, nice work with chest yesterday and RWH leg Circuit today.

No workout again, and at this point I think I'll just rest until Monday. I'm much better and probably can do a workout, but I just seem to need the sleep more right now. So that is what I'm going to do.

Diane - Glad you had fun with your ladies group. I'm so sorry to hear about your knee, OMG. That must have hurt!! That is so frustrating with ordering food online. That's why I don't do it anymore. I did it throughout Covid but now I just go. I do hate grocery shopping though, one of the worst jobs ever.

Have a great day everyone!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.