Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2024

Hi,

I walked outside twice with Sadie today.

Diane - so sorry to hear about your knee. I don’t do food deliveries. I like picking my own groceries. I would have been frustrated too.

Debbie -wow, that is a long time. Glad you feeling better and resting.

Good night.

Today I did CDorner 45 minutes arms(chest &back) 46 minutes, 123 calories, heart rate 94/133. I finished with STS 2.0 chair yoga plus a little of a CDorner mobiity, 24 minutes, 35 calories. Total time was 70 minutes, 158 calories. My knee still hurts, but I can bend it more and it is a bit better. It hurts more tonight, but I have been busy around the house.

CDorner Arms
Most moves are done twice and all are one minute work
Uses a chair for some moves for support

1 arm bent over row 20# dumbbell left and right 2 sets
chest press 15# dumbbells 2 sets
pull over 20# dumbbell 2 sets
1 arm twist and row 20# dumbbell left and right 2 sets
slow push ups (skipped)
1 arm row to kickback 15# 5 reps and dropped to 12# dumbbell right and left 1 set
both arms kickbacks 12# dumbbells 1 set
Bonus Burner
complex-biceps curl/L at shoulders/standing chest fly/down 12# dumbbells (90 sec; 60 sec; 30 sec staying at chest
cooldown stretch

Debbie, I think plenty of rest is a good idea so you can come back full strength.

Belinda, nice work getting in a walk with Sadie. I find it easier to do delivery just so I am not lugging heavy things in and out of the cart, store to trunk, and into the house. I do like picking my own stuff though. Whole foods is way far away from me. Walmart near me is always packed. There is not a lot of choices close by.

Today I did Raw TBTS Shadowboxing with the TBTS warm up, 27 minutes, 130 calories, heart rate 123/152. I used 5# dumbbells like Kelly. The moves are slow. I also did Raw TBTS Strength abs with a 10# dumbbell, 16 minutes, 40 calories. I started a CDorner Yoga Style Flow wrist friendly mobility workout, but stopped at 7 minutes, 11 calories. This was fine till she was into a lunge move and pushing off in a balance move. I don't think my knee is ready for that. My knee is better today but being careful. my knee cap is a little bruised where I landed.

Roselyn, nice work on the tabata workout today and yesterday's arm day.

Sorry I have been MIA the past few days, I have been swamped with appointments. After today, I should be back in the gym doing some great workouts. I have gotten in the dog walk each day so at least I have been moving my body. Wed was a 3 mile dog walk, Thursday was my rest day and today I did a 3 mile dog walk. Tomorrow I may do an Yvette Bachman Step and Weight workout, I just love those and they are tuff stuff!

Way to go on the workouts the past few days everyone! I hope you are feeling better Debbie. Make it a great day.

Reactions: WD
Today I did CDorner Dance Party Cardio Low Impact, 40 minutes, 201 calories, heart rate 127/156, 3,726 steps. I followed with CDorner Day 1 mobility full body stretch with some extra lower body stretches added, 26 minutes, 32 calories. Total time 66 minutes, 233 calories.

Evening,

we never left our house. We packed up the car and everything was packed for us to leave early Thursday morning. We just come from the ER. DD haven’t been feeling well since Wednesday, my husband and been with our daughter since Wednesday night. Thursday we took her home with us. She been having chest pains, irregular heart beats and dizzy spells. Today I took her to the ER here in WV. Her blood pressure was over 200 plus her she had irregular heart beats. After the EKG and very high blood pressure the nurse took u to a private room which I was very thankful since the waiting room was full of interesting people. Scary. DD was hooked up to EKG and blood pressure monitors for 6 hours. DD’s blood pressure came finally came down. They also took a serious of blood tests to make sure they are not missing anything that would cause her blood pressure to spike. After 6 hours of monitoring her, the ER doctor felt compfy to release her. If DD experiences the same with her heart, they want us to bring her back to the ER. DD is resting. I am afraid to leave her at the condo alone, for now she is staying with us. If it’s not one thing is another.

Sorry I am so tired to responds to personals. I will try to catch up tomorrow.

• Wow
Belinda, wow about your daughter, how scary! This could be a mineral deficiency, especially salt. Give her a little Himalayan Pink Salt in some water and have her drink it right away. This cannot hurt her at all, just give her some natural electrolytes. See if that helps. This has happened to my mom and I in the past and my dad helped us out and it worked. Just a suggestion.

Today I had an excellent workout but it damn near killed me! I did Yvette Bachman Moderate Impact Step/ Multi Muscle Group workout. Workout was 57 minutes and I burned 641 calories. I was struggling to get through the step cardio sessions, focusing primarily on legs so I had to pause a few times and catch my breath. This workout focused on Legs, Back, Biceps and Core. Loved it and I love myself a tuff workout. I have a headache today, oh no! It seems that everyone is coming down with something right now!!! Fingers Crossed.

Diane Sue, great job on the workout yesterday!

I hope you all have a great workout today and a wonderful weekend.

Today I did CDorner 40 minutes Arms Defined and Toned , 53 minutes, 134 calories, heart rate 94/137. I followed with Raw TBST Sculpt Cardio (using low impact moves) 18 minutes, heart rate 121/150, 90 calories. I finished with CDorner Mobility Day 24 neck & Upper Back + Day 3 Quick & Gentle Lower Body Stretch, 28 minutes, 35 calories. 99 minutes total, 259 calories. This was a much harder weight work than I expected. I can really feel it. I expected mostly arm work and it ends up being upper body workout.

CDorner 40 Minute Arms Define and Tone
3 moves done in 3 rounds with changes in the moves each round Per Body Part
Upper Back 1 minute each move
rnd 1 underhand row 20# dbs
single arm row 25# db left
single arm row 25# db right
rnd 2 underhand row pulses 20# dbs
single arm row pulse 3 22.5# db right
single arm row pulse 3 22.5# db left
rnd 3 underhand iso hold 3 ct 20# db
single arm iso hold row (she messes up and des pulses on the right) 20#
single arm iso hold row left 20#

Biceps & Shoulders 45 sec. work
rnd 1 seated alternated overhead press 10# dbs
seated alternating hammer curl 15# dbs
seated front raise alternating 10# dbs
rnd 2 seated overhead press 2/2 count both arms 10# dbs
seated hammer curl 2/2 count 15# dumbbells
seated front raise 2/2 count 8# dbs
rnd 3 seated overhead press pulses 10# dbs
seated 90 degree curl (lower half) 15# dbs
seated front raise alternating hold 5# dbs

Triceps/Chest 45 sec work 2 rnds
Rnd 1 Chest press 15# dbs
dips 4/4 ct
Rnd 2 Chest press turn 15# dbs
skull crusher option instead of bench push ups or more dips 12# dbs
stretch

Belinda, I hope your daughter is going to be okay. That is a really high blood pressure count. I know you have to be very worried. There must be some reason for all of that. I will be praying for her.

Jolie, nice work on the Yvette Bachman workout. Her workouts always pack a tough workout into them.

Evening,

Jolie - thank you so much for all your help. DD is starting to feel better.

Diane - thank you. DD high blood pressure counts was very high. I am very worried.

Well, I am almost 100% better except this dang cough is hanging on for life. It's sporadic, though, and not gut busting like it was. My sinuses are clear and my headache is gone so I am feeling much better.

I started back to my workouts this morning and did the new RAW Boxing 4 Your Waistline. I really liked this workout. I wore my 2# ankle weights which made quite a difference with the standing ab work. Fun workout!

Then I did TBTS Sculpt Intervals and I used 5# dumbbells as well as my small step topper and 2 risers. I liked using the my small topper instead of the long step, it was better with the cardio move for me.

Workout was 47 minutes, burned 358 calories, did 2386 steps and HR was 124/157. It sure felt good moving again!

Belinda - Wow on your DD. My blood pressure was that high this time last year. Jolie is right, have her add some pink Himalayan salt or celtic sea salt to water. I do this every morning with my workout water. It does help level out blood pressure. I hope she is doing better now.

Jolie - Excellent job on your workout with Yvette! Sounds like a tough one!

Diane - That CDorner Arms workout looks really good. I don't know why I don't do more of her weight workouts. I think I've only done like one or two, she just doesn't click with me with weight training. Not sure why. Maybe I should try again.

Have a great workout everyone!!

Hi,

XTrain Legs is done.

Debbie - glad you feeling much better. thank you! DD is doing the pink Himalayan salt. I have her add some pink Himalayan salt or celtic sea salt to water. I had no idea it will level out blood pressure. How often do you drink this salt water?

Jolie - thank you for the tip on the Himalayan salt. It seems to work.

BBl

Today I did Raw Lower Body Limitations, 41 minutes, 196 calories, heart rate 123/165. I then did CDorner Mobility challenge day 2 Upper Body chair stretch, 16 minutes, 22 calories. Total time was 57 minutes, 218 calories. I have never done the lower body limitations before. It was a good upper body workout and I liked the seated boxing moves between sets. We went to my son's house for Easter family gathering and a birthday combo. By the time I got home my knee was swollen so much it felt tight. It is better this morning, but I am keeping up icing. I think it is not helping my blood pressure because it was higher this morning than it was yesterday's high. The inflammation and lots of eating out with no sodium control is a problem. I am trying to adjust things today.
Kelly has mentioned adding a little salt to pineapple or orange juice and water when working out. I just ran out of my Himalayan pink salt. I need to get some more. The salt and juice adds more potassium together.

Raw Strength Lower Body Limitations 37:43 minutes
uses a bench or step, 2# egg weights or dumbbells, 12,15, & 20# dumbbells

All moves are seated on the bench

Alternating rows 20# dumbbells
active rest hooks with 2# dbs
3 sets

Power Curls 15# dumbbells
active rest jabs 3rd set alternating leg raises with jabs optional 2#
3 sets

Alternating shoulder press 12# dumbbells 3rd set dropped to 10's
active rest upper cut crunch2# dbs
3 sets

Skull crushers 12# dumbbells
active rest jab/hook 2# dbs
3 sets

Close grip bench/fly 12# dumbbells
active rest jab/cross/hook/ uppercut/crunch 2# dbs
3 sets

knee pulls double
alternating
double/alternate

stretch

Debbie, nice work on Boxing for your waistline and TBTS Sculpt Intervals. I am glad you are feeling a lot better. I looked at the new waistline boxing workout and remembered the ankle weights so decided to hold off on doing it again. It is a good workout. I like some of CDorner's weight workouts. She comes up with some interesting stuff with band work which I like to check out. I need something different here and there. I try to look at youtube on my computer ahead of time so I can check the more stuff where she gives a run down on a lot of her weight workout formats. This one though, she just said there would be variations with some pulses etc.. Probably if I would have read it was the whole upper body I would not have done it though. I still had sore spots from the previous upper work I had done.

Belinda, nice work on XTrain Legs today.

I had to leave early this morning to vote so I only did a short workout, but had a great one! This morning I did RAW TBTS Push and Pull workouts. Had an awesome workout!!

I started with TBTS Warmup
RAW Pull
Everything was 2 sets/8 reps

Hammer Curls: 20's
Reverse Flies: 15's
Zottman Curls: 15's
Double Arm Row: 15's
Pullover: 20#

RAW Push
Everything was 2 sets/8 reps

Overhead Shoulder Press: 15's
Lateral Raise: 12's
Overhead Tricep Extension: 20#
Skull Crushers: 12's
Connected Chest Press: 17.5's
Dumbbell Bench Press: 25's

Total workout time was 36 minutes, burned 268 calories and HR was 122/158.

No time for personals, gotta get to my Honors Choir & Band luncheon event. Have a great day!

Sunday and Monday I was under the weather, I felt lightheaded and nauseous so I skipped my workouts. Today I woke up feeling great, I am back at it in the gym. I did CL Vertical Loading #2 and did really well with it, but I skipped the leg portion of the workout. I am doing an Yvette Bachman workout tomorrow and it will be a killer on the legs, I thought I better not do them today. Workout was 56 minutes and I burned 422 calories. Where I was supposed to do legs in the workout I just did an upper body exercises instead.

Debbie, I am so glad that you are feeling better!!! Way to go on the workouts yesterday and today, at least your energy levels are good enough to workout.

Belinda, great news about your daughter feeling better, wow that was scary! Also, way to go on the leg workout yesterday, amazing that your knees are letting you do these workouts!

Diane Sue, way to go on the Lower body workout yesterday, that is a tuff one!

Have a wonderful day, running late so I have to go!

Hi,

XTrain Chest,Back and Shoulder is done.

Debbie - so happy you are feeling better. Great job on that workout this morning.

Diane - so sorry to hear about your knee. Do you have arthritis in your knees? Maybe I need to start taking
Himalayan pink salt. My right knee is starting to swell up when I lowered the prednisone. I hope you enjoyed your Easter gathering with your family.

Jolie - i am happy DD is feeling better. I am glad you feeling better today. I do modify my leg workouts. I do what I can to feel normal or as normal as I can be. Sitting around and not doing anything isn’t helping me either. I do feel somewhat normal when I workout. Great job on your Vertical Loading #2 today.

Roselyn - enjoy your workout today.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Today I did Raw TBTS Warm Up with Raw Shadow Boxing, 25 minutes, 144 calories, heart rate 134/165. I followed with Raw Boxing Finisher 16 minutes, 88 calories, heart rate 132/158 and finishing with CDorner Mobility Day 14 standing Neck and Shoulders + Day 27 Quick Morning Stretch which is also standing, 17 minutes, 28 calories. Total time 58 minutes, 260 calories. My knee is still hurting. I used my sleeve on my knee today and it helps with it hurting. Lateral moves do not bother, but I need to be careful. I am hoping it heals on it's own. We will be on vacation next week and had plans climbing around in the rocks and taking walks. I want to hold out till I see my Rheumatologist the 12th. They could x ray there if needed. Mostly I am hoping it mends on it's own.

Debbie, great job on TBTS Push and Pull workouts today.

Jolie, nice work on CL vertical loading 2. The workout I did yesterday was an upper body called Lower Body Limitations. When Kelly first put it up I thought it would be lower with some limitations. Odd name for it.

Belinda, nice work on XTrain chest, back and shoulders today. I do have a lot of arthritis in my knees. When I had the torn meniscus they said I had more than they thought. They X rayed in the past at the rheumatologist. Unfortunately the knee that hit the tile the hardest was the one that had the torn miniscus before and a cyst removed at one time. The arthritis bothers me more in that one so this just really is not good.

This morning I did RAW Heavy Bag/Shadow Boxing w/Zach & Kelly (love this one) and stopped after the last boxing segment. Then I did TBTS Box & Tone. Love this one too. I used my 1.5# egg weights for both workouts. Worked up a good sweat.

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 439 calories, did 3994 steps and HR was 138/176.

Jolie - Not sure if you've done RAW Heavy Bag/Shadow Boxing yet but I hope you try it soon. I know you'll love it. Glad you are feeling better, sucks to be sick!!

Belinda - I use 1/2 tsp of celtic salt in 16 oz. of water every morning. I think your supposed to use 1 tsp but that is way too salty for me. Great job on your workout!

Roselyn - Great workout!

Diane - Great job on your workouts yesterday!! I also had no idea the Lower Body Limitation was an upper body workout. I never looked at it and thought it was a leg workout. I'll have to check it out. I'll go back and look at the exercises that you posted with that workout. Wow on your knee, I'm so sorry it is still hurting. Wrapping it is a good idea along with icing it. I sure hope it heals soon.

Have a great day and workouts everyone!!

This morning I did belly dance. Too windy outside for a walk today.

Debbie - thank you for letting me know how much salt you use. I was wondering about the measurements.Great job this morning.

Diane - yikes, on your knee. So sorry you fell on it. Sorry it’s still hurting. I agree, wrapping it is a good idea and icing it.

BBl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.