Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for JUNE 2022!!

Today is a rest day. I went to church and am now lazing around the house. :)

Jolie, great calorie burn. I am glad the weather and ocean is perfect for you to enjoy.

Belinda, thinking of you and your family. My heart goes out to you.

Hi everyone, DH cousin passed away last night. I am glad after 16 hours drive we still got to see his cousin and be with him until the end. My heart is broken. I had Sadie with me the entire time. She was crying when he passed away she knew before we all realized it. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! I have no idea how long we will stay. Family still flying in :(

• Sad
Reactions: WD
Today was supposed to be rain all day, but it drizzled this morning and by afternoon the sun was out. A beautiful day, so I did my errands and took a 2.5 mile walk. I also did R/C Fitness 1hr. Cardio Kickboxing. It was ok. It was from when they first started out and their delivery and cueing is a little sketchy, but the last 20 min, were building combos and that was good. I was surprised to see that they have several new YT workouts since they went to paid streaming. They have some good workouts. I will have to check out what I have missed.

I am interested in Caroline's Fuel. These look more enjoyable to me. Most of her stuff is more than I want or should do. I saw she has a PHA workout last week. Did you like the 1st one Roselyn?

Jolie, sounds like a gorgeous walk.

Diane, glad you had a nice relaxing day.

Sad the weekend is coming to an end.

Today is my rest day, boy are my legs sore from the walk in the hills yesterday. The TM just isn't the same as walking outside, even when I walk on an incline. I will try to walk more outside now that the weather is warm in the mornings. It is fantastic having my son home from college but wow on the amount of laundry!!!! All of these smelly gym cloths to do, my boys like to workout two times per day, weights in the am, cardio in the pm.

Belinda, sorry for your loss, I bet it was a terrible experience, but I am happy that you got there in time to say your goodbyes.

Cam, great job on the workout yesterday. Doesn't the good weather motivate you to get up and workout? When it is dreary outside, I find it almost impossible to get my butt into the gym or outside to walk. I need to check out the Fuel workouts.

Diane Sue, I hope you had a great rest day yesterday.

Roselyn, great job on the Fuel workout, I need to check them out!

Debbie, I hope you have a great workout today.

Make it a great day!

Today I did Kelly's - Muscle Up/Lift to 2B Fit Workout 1, and had a great workout. I haven't done this since Jan. 2020!! This is a really great workout to do.

Super Set #1
Rows
- 20's
Dumbbell Press - 20's
Total of 3 sets/8 reps, no rest

Super Set #2
Lawnmowers
- 25# - 8 reps per side
Dumbbell Flyes - 20's
Total of 3 sets/8 reps, no rest

Super Set #3
Pullovers
- 20#
Push ups - 8 reps
Total of 2 sets/8 reps, no rest

Super Set #4
Alternate Arnold Press
- 12's
Crunches - 16 reps
Total of 2 sets/8 reps no rest

Super Set #5
Lateral Raise
- 8's
Boxer Toe Touches - 16 reps
Total of 2 sets/8 reps no rest

Super Set #6
Bent Over Lateral Raise -
8's
Supermans (but I did Oblique Twists) - 8# - 20 reps
Total of 2 sets/8 reps, no rest

Workout was 31 minutes, burned 254 calories, HR 124/167.

Jolie - I was in the best shape of my life when I turned 40. I should have entered a bodybuilding contest, I know I would have done well. Sad that those days are over. I have a really hard tiime building muscle now. Especially with all the muscle issues. :( Nice job on you workouts!! Glad you had a great birthday too!!

Belinda - So sorry about your husbands cousin! I know exactly how you feel. I am so glad you were able to see him and say goodbye before he passed. Praying for you and your family!

Diane - Hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday.

I have a meeting I need to get to, I will try to do the rest of my personals after the meeting.

Good Evening,

I did BeachBody Fire and Flow Upper Body Fire 2 WK1 D1 then a 1.33 mile walk tried to take the dog but she laid down in someone’s yard I had to have DH come and pick her up so I can continue my walk.

Debbie-I loved those workouts. ABH is coming out with a new eyeshadow pallet June 13.

Today, I did CDorner Low Impact Fat Burning Cardio +dumbbells, 42 minutes, heart rate 119/162, 193 calories, 3,822 steps. I have done this one before. She had it posted a couple of days ago, but it is an older one. I think my calories and avg heart rate should have been higher. For some reason the first 20 minutes I kept looking at my Garmin and my heart rate was in the 80's and 90's. I tried wiping it off and putting it back on and that did not help. So next I tried to sync it by clicking on the watch on the app and it just kept spinning. I have done this in the past and it usually will right itself. Anyway, I went in and out of the app and then it did a sync and my HR went up. The weight work was boxing moves with 2# and some other moves. Two segments like that. I adjusted the moves for me. I then did PT exercises 18 minutes (actual 25 minutes as I forgot to start my watch) 36 calories heart rate 80/109. I finished with Raw athletic stretch. Also did some extra rolling and upper stretching, 31 minutes, heart rate 68/81.
Total time was 92 minutes, 261 calories, 3,822 steps for the cardio as I did not check on the other.
I had a lot of pain in my neck yesterday. Today it is mostly all on the left side where all of the other pain has been recently. I think it is inflammation and a nerve because when I turn my head or move a certain way, it hurts from the neck down to the scapular area and stings. Makes me wince. So, icing and stuff and trying to avoid aggravating the area. I did not do the weighted rows today when doing PT. I may sit in the whirlpool tub for a while before I go to bed.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that while I was doing PT exercises I watched an interview on Coffey Fit Raw between Kelly and Samantha. It was interesting as Kelly asked questions that others put out there and they discussed the fact that Samantha had to get a pace maker when she was pregnant with one of her children and recently had major back surgery. Amazing she is doing so well with workouts. Also Kelly said she prefers to sprinkle lower body with other stuff instead of an all out lower body. She says lower body weight work puts a lot of pressure on the back and she sees a lot of people lose proper form when they are starting to get overworked. Something like that. She says she does all lower workouts because her followers ask for it. They were discussing favorite types of workouts.

Belinda, sending prayers for all of you. I am so sorry for your loss.

Roselyn, nice work on Fuel Day 1.

Cam, I am glad that you had a nice day after all. It was so dark here yesterday and I was sure we were going to have storms but, it cleared off in the afternoon and no rain.

Jolie, it is nice getting outside in the sun. I spent some time outside yesterday weeding and fertilizing my flowers. Today I used granite cleaner on the patio counters and cleaned up. I think we are going to put up a sunshade that we still have not opened so I can sit on the patio with a little privacy from all of the house building. It feels weird being out there with guys roofing and working on the new homes. When they get to the lot right behind us privacy will really not be there. My dog does not like it either. She runs out the door lets out a loud bark and runs back in the house whining about it. I cannot wait for peace.
I am sure you are happy to have your son home. That many workout clothes would keep you busy.

Debbie, now I remember Muscle Up. Great job today. That is a good dvd workout.

Roxie, nice work with BB Power and Flow workout 2. I have been buying some IT cosmetics and really like them. Their lipsticks are nice and the ones I have purchased leave some color even after several hours and eating. Same with Jane Iredale lip and cheek stain. I also am still buying 100% pure products. I picked up Petal eyeshadow and am using a night time eye serum from them. I got a sample of the overnight anti-oxidant serum and it works wonderfully. It is 70 dollars though or I would have purchased right away. I really like the Baby Cakes Anastasia shadow and use it a lot and am sure I will replace it when it is gone.

Did a later evening workout. I finally tried KCM Sculpting Rx. I did the Intervaled Body Parts Premix and the I went back and did Workout 1, 1 set of everything premix. I really liked it. I got a good arm burn. Next time I will put both together. The 2nd workout with light weights, really gets the heart rate up. It's deceiving.

Diane, I almost did that same one yesterday.

Good workouts everyone!

Today I did Cathe Live Vertical Loading, one of my favorite total body workouts, and had a great workout. I even did the leg exercises with weights so I might not be able to sit down or move tomorrow LOL! Workout was 1 hour, I had to pause several times to set up, I burned 487 calories. I was surprised how many calories I burned, but I was really working for each rep at the end since I am lifting so much heavier lately.

I have to confess that lately I have been drinking a glass of wine every day and no wonder I have gained so much weight. I stopped 9 days ago, and I have already lost an inch in my waist, yippee!!! I am drinking a gallon of water per day, and I feel so much better and am sleeping better too. I had to come clean with you all because it is the only way I can keep myself accountable. I go through periods where I really like to drink wine and then I go for months where I do not touch a thing. When it is warm and sunny, I love to sit outside and drink a glass of wine while I read. Well, my waistline does not like it! I decided I want to be lean instead of drinking wine.

Debbie, great job on the lifting workout by Kelly, wow your weights are getting back up there, you are doing amazing!

Cam, great job on the workout last night.

Diane Sue, I woke up with a stiff neck, shoulder and sore lower back today, I hate it. I think the way I sleep has a lot to do with my pain issues. Great job on the workout! I take Alpha Lipoic Acid to alleviate nerve pain and it works.

Roxie, great job on the workout! How do you like your new job?

Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout.

Have a wonderful day.

Fuel day 3 glutes and hamstrings I love Carolyn

I am reading some books by Stacy Sims Roar and Next Level , alot of menopause advice about everything diet, exercise, vitamins etc

Today was an unplanned rest day. We had an electrician finishing some work for the generator system. He was in the attic and my workout room is next to it. So that was a no-go. I went for a 2 mile walk instead. Its another beautiful day, so glad to walk anyway.

Jolie, good workout and good for you on seeing some changes in your body. I think its the weight lifting that has helped you trim your waist, moreso than omitting the wine, but yeah, I used to have a beer almost every night after my workout while I made dinner. Now I have limited it to about 3 beers per week. I love the Summer Shandy this time of year. It tastes so good in a frosted mug. But now I down a couple glasses of water instead. A better option.

Diane, I just saw a short KCM clip on YT. She talked about the importance of a couple rest days per week to heal and grow your muscles, otherwise you risk injury. Such great advice. I have been careful on how many days I lift weights and I have avoided achiness. I wondered why Kelly never does much lower body work, but the little she does, I always feel it.

Debbie, I love Muscle Up. Good workout!

Roselyn, good job with Fuel.

Roxie, I had to laugh at your dog laying down on the walk. That is too funny! Not for you at the time, I'm sure.

Take care everyone!

Good Evening,

I did BeachBody Fire and Flow Mobility Flow 2 I am not really into the flow workouts but they are tougher than the Fire workouts. They asked me if I could work a little later today then gave me 100.00 in product for staying.

Jolie-I love my job they say I am there number one customer service rep and they are going to start moving into other areas besides being behind the register they want to make me their number 1 guru.

Diane-I love IT cosmetics

Cathe Perfect Pump Lower Body with the extended stretch, 37 minutes, 89 calories, Heart rate 94/120. I also did the lower body bonus 8 minutes, 22 calories, heart rate 91/105. I finished with Coffey Fit Raw 5 Day strength stretch, 35 minutes, heart rate 78/93, 35 calories. Total time was 80 minutes, 141 calories. I did not feel like doing cardio today. Too little sleep and thunderstorms hit. Power went off and on and the breaker flipped on part of our house. I had got up with my dog and sat in the recliner sleeping. The recliner would not move so I had to climb out to go find which switch. Couldn't go back to sleep. My neck hurts and I really wasn't wanting to bounce around the room.
Perfect Pump Lower Body weights were way lower than I usually did
squats 15# dbs 12 reps
static lunges 15# dbs 12 reps
deadlifts 15# dbs 12 reps
pick up squats 15# db 12 reps
elevated lunge 15# dbs 12 reps followed by elevated lunge jumps right
elevated llunge 15# dbs 12 reps followed by elevated lunge jumps left
deadlifts toes elevated 15# dbs 12 reps
heels elevated front squat 15# dbs 12 reps
step ups 15# dbs 12 reps
single leg deadlift 1 20# db 10 reps
front lunges 15# db 10 reps
close grip squat 15# db 12 reps
squat crossover lunges (I skipped using the step for this because it bothers my knees when using weight)15# dbs 10 reps
forward leaning lunges 6 "step 15# dbs 10 reps
cossack squat 12# db 12 reps
calf raises 15# dbs x 25,20,25 reps

Cam, nice work today with Sculpting RX. I like mixing up parts of the workouts. I was looking at my Kelly dvds today and thinking I need to pull out Build and Burn and use some of those. I like Kelly a lot. She does have lower body workouts. I see a lot of her favored interval type workouts on the raw channel, but she has a variety and premixes that can change up they type of workout for what we would prefer. She also does not usually do really long workouts. I am learning to slow down a lot. If I need a rest day I take it.

Jolie, adding ankle weights to vertical loading sounds tough. Good luck with the new goals. How we sleep makes a difference. I usually take 600 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid, but just ran out of it and a couple of other things so am restocking supplements. Today I got my Garden of Life Collagen wild caught and grassfed with hyaluronic acid. I am on my 4th canister. I also added back in glucosamine with boswellia. I take so many supplements. I need something to really work. If I quit something things get worse, so I guess they are working some.

Roselyn, nice work with Fuel day glutes and hamstrings.

Roxie, nice work with Beach Body Flow Mobility 2. The 100 dollar in product for working longer is a pleasant treat. I have some more IT cosmetics products that I want to get.

I had an all day training yesterday so sorry for not checking in. I did walk on my treadmill for about 30 minutes. Had to get to work early so that was cut short.

Today I did Kelly's Muscle Up Arms only and had an excellent workout! I added a set to a couple of the supersets because Kelly only does 2. I also added in a couple of my own exercises.

This is what I did:

Super Set #1
Flip Curls/Pledges
- 12's - 8 reps
Skull Crushers - 10's - 8 reps
Total of 3 sets no rest

Super Set #2
Side Curls
- 12's - 8 reps
Overhead Triceps Extensions - 15# - 8 reps
Total of 2 sets no rest

Super Set #3
Hammer Curls -
15's - 8 reps
Kickbacks - 8's - 8 reps
Total of 3 sets no rest

Added:
Dumbbell 21's: 10's - 2 sets
Alternate Hammer/Twist Curls: 10's - 1 set
(Just trying to do a burnout set. It worked!)

Workout was only 34 minutes, burned 231 calories and HR was 116/143.

I also did all of my PT knee exercises

Jolie - Great job with your workout yesterday. Glad you are reigning in the drinking. That is a big fault if you are trying to stay lean. Great job owning up to it and fixing the problem! I was a heavy drinker when I was between 16 and probably 21 years old. Yes, 16. I hung out with my older cousin and she still drinks like that at times. Crazy. I stopped when I got so drunk I couldn't stand the next day and thought, why the hell am I doing this? Now I know you aren't drinking like that, I'm just telling you why I don't drink at all anymore. I could drink Peach Schnapps and Kalouha (sp?) until the cows come home if you let me. LOL!!

Roselyn - I wish I could get into Caroline's workouts. They are good, I just hate the music and the no talking thing. I'll have to check those books out.

Cam - Nice on getting a generator! We have three. LOL! Overkill much? Great job on your walk.

Roxie - OMG! Congratulations on your job! That is AWESOME!!! How cool to get $100 for products. Damn, that would be my dream job, I should apply out near me. I could work during the summer. Yea, no, I like my summers off too much. But I do love Ulta. I have never tried the Anastasia eyeshadows, they are all way too dark for me. The colors are quite strong. I'll keep my eye out for the new palette, though, I might like it.

Diane - You guys sure get a lot of storms. Yikes!! We had a lot of rain yesterday but not thunder or lightning. Great job on your workout! I hope your neck is better today and hope you were able to catch up on some sleep, too. My Garmin app wasn't working yesterday. There was a warning at the top saying they were fixing a problem. It started working later on in the day.

Belinda - I hope you and your DH are doing ok. I totally understand your pain. God bless you.

Have a great day everyone!

Today I had a really great big workout, I woke up with a ton of energy, so I went for it today. I started with an uphill walk on the TM, 1 hour and I traveled 3.1 miles. Next, I got on my elliptical and ran on Interval Mode for 11 minutes and traveled 1.3 miles. Total miles walk and run was 4.4 and I burned 611 calories. Next, I did KCM Shape Up the weight portion only, this is a Tabata workout with 8 rounds of each exercise for a body part and it damn near killed me! Total workout time for the day was 1 hour 45 minutes and I burned 792 calories. I bet I will be half dead tomorrow :)

Debbie, great job with the arm workout today! I never drink a lot at a time, I cannot stand to get a buzz. I only drink because I like the taste and it relaxes me but once I feel a buzz coming on, I'm out. I have never had more than two drinks in one day for over 20 years. I am a total light weight :) When does your summer vacation start?

Roxie, congrats on being their number one rep, you go girl! Great job on the workout yesterday.

Diane Sue, Bummer on your night's sleep with the thunderstorms, that sounds like a very long night. I take a ton of vitamins too and there is still something wrong with me!!! This goes to show that you really need to support the structure and function of the human body, imagine if we did nothing! Nice job on the workout yesterday even though you are not feel great.

Roselyn, I will check out the Fuel workouts since you are really enjoying them.

Cam, At least you got a walk in with the contractor at your house. I am quitting drinking for 30 days and then I will allow myself one glass of wine per day on the weekends. I am a firm believer that if you do not have a problem with alcohol, moderation is the key to not getting fat from it. I am currently on day #10. I find it no problem with giving it up so that is a good thing right!

Belinda, I hope you are doing well, and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Good Afternoon,

I did BeachBody Lower Body Fire 2. I like the Fire workouts in this series but not the Flow workouts. I am not feeling 100% today my throat is scratchy my head hurts and I am dizzy so glad I have the day off.

Debbie- I have her Nirvana pallet which is purple based and Soft Glam which are neutral based.

Diane-I like IT cosmetics eyeshadows. I have the ELF version of their foundation and it’s not as good.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers! DH and I came home early this morning. I am beat from the drive, I ended up taking a nice nap. I am still tired. I will rest today and see how I feel tomorrow. I am glad to be home.

I have a doc appointments tomorrow and Friday.

I will try to catch up on personals tomorrow. I am exhausted. It took a lot out of me.

I decided not to do PT today. I think some of the moves are aggravating my neck and scapular area. Maybe they need some recovery time. I slept better last night as far as the pain levels. I think something is pinching in my neck though, because I cannot look down more than a couple of seconds and the pain and stinging hits. I am unsure what to do with it right now. Today I did Kelly Coffey Build and Burn Cardio Core, doing some of the modifiers and switching moves when it was squat thrust or the planks. This was 28 minutes, 158 calories, heart rate 132/158, 2012 steps.
I followed with Build and Burn Trim and Tone Intervals premix cardio, 14:48 minutes, 78 calories, 1221 steps. I finished off with Perfect Flow mobility timesaver mobility basic stretch + a bit of foam rolling 26 minutes 32 calories, heart rate 73/91. Total time was 68 minutes, 268 calories, 3,233 steps.
We had more thunderstorms this morning, but the sun is out this afternoon.
My daily treat drink is a bottle of kombucha tea. I drink tons of water all day long other than my morning wake up coffee. Alcoholic beverages are dehydrating.

Debbie, I was wondering where you were at yesterday. Nice choice on Muscle Up Arms and adding to it. I saw a message the other day on the Garmin App when I could not get all of my stuff to load. They said they were working on it. At least they let us know. I have noticed it is a little slow syncing after I finish a workout. It seemed to work better today. The Anastasia Baby Cakes shade I recently purchased is a very pale pink matte. I love it. I gathered it was a new shade.
I don't like the no talking workouts. I prefer feeling like the instructor is communicating and you get to know their personality.

Jolie, great workout. I used to do the weight portion of shape up a lot. Doesn't she skip triceps or is it biceps in that one. It really gets you after 8 tabata rounds per body part. I swear if I did not work out I would probably be using a walker or something. Taking care of our health keeps us going far longer than those who do nothing. I think that I need to try adding back some SAM_E . Arthritis Foundation says studies have verified that and glucosamine chondroitin work for most people. SAM-E needs B12, folate, and B6 to work well. I take that all of the time.

Roxie, I think that I saw a video comparison of IT CC and an Elf one. IT won. I sat here till way late last night watching comparison videos. Nice work with Lower Body Fire. I hope you feel better soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.