Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for June 2020

I also did Jane Adams Beginner Yoga 4. Standing Balance Poses = 24 min. This one was harder than I thought. She did eagle pose, not a beginner pose. I really like the set so far. Why didn't I do them sooner?

Reactions: WD
Step Boss I max 4 this morning since I left it in the dvd player last night. This was 45 minutes, 212 calories, heart rate 117/143, 4,344 steps. I don't get the heart rate on this one. I did well yesterday on workouts that I did not feel I was working as hard as this one, plus I just kept moving at every break and tried to add hops and more steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Finisher, 13 minutes, 65 calories, heart rate 118/165, 1,197 steps. I finished with Lindsey Samper safe stretches 23 minutes as I added a couple of other stretches to it, 26 calories, heart rate 81/93 heart rate, 56 steps. Total time was 81 minutes, 303 calories, 5,597 steps.

Jolie, it sounds like maybe doing the workout while not feeling well pushed you too far. I hope you get to feeling better. I have done the same thing myself many times with pushing through a workout only to feel worse when I was done. Nice workout anyway. Did you find any houses that you were interested in yesterday? The test gave me some workout suggestions. I found it interesting.

Belinda, the Jane Adams yoga that I have is the only ones I have of hers. I bought them on suggestion from someone else when I was going through PT. I have not heard of Merge Yoga. I will have to look. I am going to try more Lindsey. Her others on Amazon that are free with prime are around an hour each though. I like doing a long yoga, but most of the time I feel rushed just getting any in.
Nice work today on the yoga. I am guessing you mean eagle pose for legs. I always find that hard, particularly when standing on one leg trying to balance. It can be done with one toe on the floor, but it takes away the balance a lot. I have always liked when balance work was incorporated in workouts.

Last edited:
so my daughter has Covid she caught it from an asymptomatic person. She has no fever anymore chest still hurts and cough. Her husband quarantined at her first symptom so fingers crossed

Today was cardio

Heading back to omaha to my MIL tomorrow

Good morning,

L4 Week 6 Day 3 Shoulder Intervals. I will go for a walk shortly than will do Jane Adams 5. Complete Floor Practice after my walk.

Roselyn - sorry about your daughter. Hope she feels better soon.

BBL!

so last night I did a YT workout

and this mornining I did a Yvette Cardio (only the first 30 minutes due to time restraints) But it was good and I would like to finish the remaining part of it sometimes. Cardio on the step and kickboxing.

No workout today, I had my thermal imaging breast exam today (replaced mammograms). I am home drinking coffee which I really need and then I'm going to my moms to cut her grass, that will be my workout for the day. Beautiful day here and I will enjoy working outside.

I'll be back later for personals. Have great workouts everyone!!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey It Starts Here workout #1, 33 minutes, heart rate 127/159, 177 calories, 3,319 steps. I then went to take my veggie dish to my church and mail cards out, came back and continued :) I am tired so it took a bit to push to get the workout in, but once I got going I had a good workout. I did Raw Weights 1 in the Garage, 57 minutes, heart rate 98/159, 146 calories, 1,084 steps. I finished off with Lindsey Samper yoga therapy # 11. Total time was 1 hour 57 minutes with the yoga. Calories Total 353, 4,403 steps excluding the yoga which wouldn't be much.

Weights #1 I used 15# dumbbells throughout except for chest and I lowered to 10 after the first two sets . 8 rnds each body part, Tabata style 25 on around 10 off.
Biceps front curls 1 rnd, hammer curls 1 rnd alternating I got 7 reps in on all 8 rnds
rest body weight squats
Shoulders 1 arm shoulder press rnd 1 followed by upright row rnd 2 then shoulder press rnd 3 followed by upright row alternating left and right rnd 4 - doing shoulder press and alternating row rnds to end
rest body weight alternating lunges
Back lawnmower rt rnd 1, lft rnd 2 continuing to rnd 8
rest body weight curtsy lunges
Triceps overhead triceps extensions 1 dumbbell rnd 1, alternating kickbacks rnd 2 continue to 8 rnds
rest no activity
Lower body squats rnd 1 curtsy right then left rnd to continue to 8 rnds
chest on step flys rnd 1 bench press rnd 2 continue to 8 rnds
Planks variations using the step timed: I count 7 different planks here
Abs crunch rnd 1, reverse crunch rnd 2 continue to rnd 8.

Roselyn, stay safe. I hope you don't get covid. Sorry your daughter got it.

Doreen, that looks like a really good workout.

Belinda, great that your L4 is done. Hope you had a nice walk and enjoy your yoga. I put the yoga practice link you gave me in my watch list, thank you.

Debbie, yard work is exercises and rewarding both :) Enjoy your rest day.

Hi all!

So I log my food into Myfitnesspal and it syncs to my Fitbit so they coincide with my stats. For the last 2 days, Myfitnesspal isn't synicing with my FB. Is anyone else having this problem? So frustrating!!!

Debbie, the workouts did not show on Fitbit from My Fitness Pal today. Yesterday it worked though. I always feel a bit annoyed when My Fitness Pal takes away calories burned in the workouts as soon as you eat a meal. I know it comes out in the end. Sometimes not looking good and I am unsure why. I had it set before to not allow that, but then I don't see my steps on MFP. But, yes, mine is not working right today.

This morning I did RAW Home Gym Intervals #1. I love these types of workouts, I remember hating circuit training back in the day. I have so much fun with going back and forth with cardio and weights. Love it. Use 12# dumbbells for the entire workout.

Each interval was 1 minute:

Squats - 12's
Cardio
Front Curls - 12#
Cardio
Squat/Alternate Pledge - 12's
Cardio
Goblet Squat/Calf Raise - 12#
Cardio
Front Raise - 12#
Cardio
Plie w/Upright Row - 12's
Cardio
Kickstand Deadlifts (all right) - 12's
Cardio
Overhead Dumbbell Extension - 12#
Cardio
Deadlifts/Kickbacks (I did Kickstand Deadlift all left) - 12's

Workout was 31 minutes, burned 245 calories, HR was 145/170. Traveled about 1.07 miles and did 2973 steps.

That's it for today, I have to go out and push mow our front yard since we planted grass in sections. I don't want to use the riding mower. So that will be another workout.

Diane - I can't believe MFP, geez. Mine hasn't logged right for 2 days now. It better work today. I figured you were an ectomorph, that body type can't gain weight and that is you. That is why it says you need to lift heavy for your workouts. So how did you like It Starts Here? That was a fun workout, wasn't it? It's good for days when you just don't feel like doing anything. I really like the hip swings, those were fun to do. LOL!!

Roselyn - So sorry to hear about your daughter, I sure hope she recovers soon.

Doreen - Great job with your workout, Yvette scares me!

Jolie - You must have decided to rest yesterday, hope you are feeling better.

Belinda - Great job with your workout yesterday!!

Roxie - Hope you are doing ok, check in when you have time.

Have a great day everyone!

This morning I did a Sydney Cummings Legs and Glutes. I haven't done one of hers in a while.

I'm trying not to subscribe to any streaming services until we are back from vacation. So I'll probably do a lot of youtube that I have marked for "watch later"

Last night I took another mountain biking class - this one on doing climbing, obstacles, drops and jumping. I was so scared to try the jumps but I did them and didn't crash! My form wasn't all that great but at least I know what to do now! I also was the first one in class to ride the entire length of the balance beam!

I am back from my 2.44 mile walk. After my walk I did Jane Adams Beginner Yoga 5. Complete Floor Practice = 29 min. She did lots of hip opener exercises which I need. My hips are tight from all that walking. Wished I would have done these yoga practices sooner. These workouts feel more like mobility/flexibility workouts to me.

Getting ready to do my workout. I can never start without taking a peek at what everyone has posted ;) My Fitness Pal is still not working right. The Fitbit app had an update when I checked the play store. I looked at MFP this morning and I had no steps shown for yesterday and by the time it got done with my exercise calories I had 5. I think it takes them off first from my expenditure. I still had calories left which is generally normal. My eating didn't sync to Fitbit either. I wll be back for responses and what I did for my workout.

Workout today was Kelly Coffey Amped Up Cardio mix no drills, 47 minutes(slightly more than actual as I had to let the dog out and back in :rolleyes: } I burned 287 calories, heart rate 140/172, 4,629 steps. If I pause I often forget to restart the Fitbit. I had so much fun and felt energetic despite a little over 5 hoursof sleep again, so I did Amped Up Cardio Just drills mix skipping warm up and most of the cool down which I did do a bit of it because Kelly does hip swings and stuff and it is fun. This was 16 minutes, 52 calories, 774 steps. I then did Part of Lindsey Samper Sweat and Shape Yoga stopping when she starts moving into a side plank. This was 27 minutes, heart rate 87/108, 10 steps, 26 calories ( I used the yoga setting and think Fit bit must be geared for around a calorie a minute for yoga as that is pretty much what I usually get). I like the way Lindsey gives suggestions for your level on the yoga and really remind about shoulders back throughout each moves. Some moves that I have done before felt better with her talking through with shoulders down and back and just simple little changes. Total time was 90 minutes, 365 calories, 5,413 steps. Kelly is so animated and fun in this one. I imagine her classes are a lot of fun at the gym. I used the rebounder for some of the jumping on the drills and used the side for height with the squat thrusts. My dog kind of got in the way though. She wanted to lay her head on the rebounder. She loves it when I get on the rebounder.
The music is more fun than a lot of the dvds as well.
I wrote down what the drills are in Amped Up Cardio Theses are each done twice between combos in each of the workouts
Frog Leaps 10 reps/plank knee pulls 10 reps repeat
Jumping butt kicks 10/ side to side kicks 10 reps repeat
Side to side squat thrust 10 reps/ plank jacks10 reps repeat
side to side squat heel click 10 reps/plank pledges 10 reps repeat
side to side shoot 10/plank hops 10

Debbie, nice work on the Home Gym Intervals. If I could use the Tread Climber in the mornings I would use it for some. Otherwise it is my spin bike. Husband is sleeping where the Tread Climber is. When he was working days he used it in the mornings, but sometimes after he left I would take some lighter dumbbells down than he had and use it. I bet you would like Kelly's Amped Up Cardio. It is hi/lo mixed with kickboxing and then the drills. She does little hip things and dancy silliness, gets off stage with the women and is just a lot of fun. The workout just always seems to go by quickly. I liked It Starts Here and already have some ideas for using it with other lighter workouts. Sometime I will check out the weight one. My problem is I love cardio and tend to want to do longer workouts, so building any bulk is not easy. I can, but legs are the least likely to build much.

Belinda, nice work today. I am glad that you are liking the yoga. In Jane Adams morning energy it seems like more warming up and loosening up muscles as she does the leg swings and stuff.

Doreen, those mountain bike classes sound intense. I bet you get plenty of exercise there as well as what you do at home.

Jolie hope you are feeling better!

Debbie, I meant to mention that the lemon lime no caffeine Sport Nunn tastes good. I just guess I was hoping for more of a tangerine flavor and it is more of a fake blueberry flavor in the Immunity which is still a hydrating one. I noticed ingredients seem to be pretty much the same. I usually by the hydrating Amazing Grass effervescent tablets. The strawberry lemonade is good and you get some greens with it. I still don't seem Fit Bit working correctly. MFP still not syncing with Fitbit. It has done that to me before and I just got it back working recently by having to remove the Fitbit app and then put it back . I had to do some research on it. Hopefully since it is both of us, that is not going to have to be done.

So the mountain bike classes aren't intense exercise - but are intense mentally because you are learning new skills and maneuvers on the bike. And its hard to coordinate my body parts to all work together and not freak out in the middle of a move - which just makes it worse if you do!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.