Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for June 2020

Today I did Raw Cardio Tone Intervals, 21 minutes, heart rate 121/165, 132 calories, 2,136 steps followed by Jessica Smith Walk Strong and Have Fun, Ready Steady Go, 34 minutes, 182 calories, heart rate 129/169, 3,196 steps. I finished with Lindsey Samper Yoga Therapy safe stretches and add on poses (don't care for add on poses and I realized I had done this one before) Time was 32 minutes, 31 calories, 86 steps.
Total time was 97 minutes, 345 calories, 5,418 steps.

Debbie, you might want to try Julia Marie 30 day Yoga for Weight loss episode #18 reducing neck and shoulder pain, and longer timewise at 32 minutes. It is good, but I like Lindsey Samper better and have had so much benefit from hers. I was just looking at how long I have been doing these of Lindseys and it has been 4 weeks now. I am actually waking up without having to work out pain in my neck and shoulder area. Usually I have to roll and carefully do some movement and stretching before I even start my day.

Belinda, nice work getting in the walk and shoulders today.

Low Impact Challenge this morning. I had forgotten all the combos its been so long since I've done it!! But a good step count for this morning. The weather hasn't been all that great in the mornings so I've not been working out outside this week. That makes it easer to do step workouts.

Reactions: WD
Been so busy at work but have been working out today was cardio I did Toby Massenburg

We have to go to Omaha tomorrow an see my mother in law we are looking for an independent place for her here (very stressful to do with her 8 hours away!!)

Today I did Lindsey's Episode 11 for Neck and Shoulders again, love this one. I always feel way better after I do it. My upper body and neck feel so much more loose this week. I need to keep up these stretches. At least after today I'll be off for the summer and will have time to add them on so that is good.

Belinda - Great job with L4. What week are you in now?

Diane - Where can I find Julia Marie's video? Is she on Prime as well? Did you notice with Episode 11 that Lindsey repeats a couple parts? It's weird, it's like she forgot she filmed that part already and added it in again, And then when you are resting on your knees (I sit Indian style because that hurts my knees) and you reach up with your fingers intertwined, once you are done with that stretch she says she wants to do it again but in a more aggressive way yet she doesn't do it. Weird. Still a great stretch workout, I really get a lot out of that one. I'm glad you are seeing results, I am too. I feel so much more loose in my shoulders and neck.

Doreen - Nice job with your workout!

Roselyn - At least being busy at work makes the day go by quicker. Hope you will be able to practice on patrons soon.

Jolie - Hope all is well! You must have had another rest day yesterday. Hope you enjoyed it.

Roxie - Hope things are going well for you. How is your MIL?

Have a great day everyone!!!

This morning I did KCM Body Shop workout one and half of workout two. I had forgotten about these but I like them.

Good morning,

Week 4 D4 Legs HiiT plus 3 mile walk outside is done. I also did some BW lunges, squats, side lunges, leg lifts and bridge. I did this circuit style 2 rounds between each round I did ab exercises.

Jolie - were are you, girl? Another rest day? Hope all is well.

Debbie - today I finished week 4, I will start week 5 next week. Glad the stretches are helping.

Roselyn - good job yesterday.

Doreen - great job this morning.

Diane - great job as well.

I am done for today. Have a great day and workout.

Hi there, yesterday had to be a rest day because I started to look at some houses with my realtor early in the morning and didn't get back in time to get a workout in. I did not find a house in my price range that I like. If I had 1.5 million to spend I would have a lot of choices but anything under a million dollars is just small and a dump. WTF is up with house prices!

Today I got on the TM and walked uphill for 20 minutes, traveled 1.1 miles and burned 201 calories. Then I did Cathe Live #276 All in upper body and had a great workout. I was feeling really strong today because of my rest day. Total calories burned were 604.

I have really done some research on why I have gained weight and way I have skin tags all of a sudden. Come to find out, I am insulin resistant. The skin tag is the first thing to show up when you have this issue. So, that means I need to cut out processed carbs and sugars and eat more good fats and proteins, which I should be doing anyway I know. At least I have some insight now and can tackle it head on. Also, my Cortisol was so high because of the stress I had the last 4 years but all of it is going away now that my son has graduated and it is working full time and loving life.

Debbie, great job on the stretch workout today, i bet you are feeling great!

Belinda, way to go on the walk and the workout today, i bet your walk is lovely now that it is summer.

Roselyn, good luck with your trip to see you MIL.

Doreen, I dont think i have body shop, i will have to look in my collection of workouts. Great job! The weather in CO has been crazy right!

I hope you all have a great day, i have a plumber coming, my kitchen sink is backed up!

Happy Friday everyone.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #4, 43 minutes, heart rate 120/164, 204 calories, 2,992 steps. I finished off with Lindsey Samper neck and shoulders #8, 18 minutes because I added a bit to it. I went for a gentle stretch on the move with hand at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock, just enough to feel a slight stretch. I find this works out fine. I went outside and cleaned the windows on the sunroom while waiting for my 8 year old grandson to arrive. It was nice out and I knew it would probably get hot later.

Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #4 requires 6 inch step I used 15# dumbbells 15# dbs for all but deadlift upright row and the lying work at the end. I did not do overhead with the sit ups I just pulled the dumbbells down to the side.
One cardio 30 sec and one strength move 30 sec repeated twice and move to the next then all are repeated ending with some core and upper body the second time
Split and squat jack cardio/ dbs power curls
Repeat
Pendulums cardio/ deadlift upright row dbs
Repeat
Achy feet (Heisman?) cardio/lunge press 1 arm( I did curls)
Repeat
Plunge lunge turn side to side lunge cardio/side lunge curls dbs
Repeat
Jump on step squat touch down/plank rows dbs
Repeat
Heel crossovers/ jacks and skates
Repeat
Repeat all cardio and weight segments again excluding heel cross overs and jacks and skates (second time is shorter, the cardio is done twice followed by one set of the weight moves or a shorter session when it requires each side.
End with lying on step skull crushers to sit ups
Flys with leg raise
Repeat
Stretch at 39 minutes

Doreen, I did Low Impact Step Challenge recently after not using it for a long time too. It really does get a good step count. I used to add the bonus all of the time to that one which made it a really long workout. It has been windy here, but today it is just a breeze. I used to use Body Shop a lot as well.

Roselyn, that is the way it was with my Dad and distance to Nebraska from here. It generally took us 7 hours to get there. I hope you find what you need for her.

Debbie, I see why you do not care for episode 8 of Lindsey Samper. I have used it quite a bit though as it is shorter and it does help. I usually have not problem with eagle arms, but man she holds it so long and the pressure sometimes has me letting up sooner than I should. I was in a hurry this morning so I would be showered and dressed when my grandson arrived. I want to get in episode 11 again this weekend. Yes, Julia Marie is on Amazon Prime. I will get the link for you. I did a couple of her workouts before I found Lindsey there. I found these when putting in yoga and neck. Lindsey has worked so well I have mainly used hers although I have done that Julia Marie episode several times now. It's just that Lindsey had so many moves that were similar to what I learned in PT and I find them really helpful. I got the impression from some of Lindsey's that these are part of a whole workout put together and there are cuts that takes it back to a certain move. I had noticed that too. The first time I thought it was one of those streaming jumps, but it is not. Also the first time I done one of them I noticed the dirt and stuff from the planter on the floor and I thought I bet she has a cat. Then in a couple of them I saw the cat moving back and forth in that area behind her. LOL I remember staying at my brother in laws house once and we were on the sofa bed. The cat came in and used the planter as a litter box. I made a not to myself to never set plants where the cat can use it for a little box.

Belinda, nice work on the 3 mile walk and add on body weight circuit.

Jolie, I am sorry that you are unable to find a house in your price range. That is a ridiculous amount of money. My husband was looking at a house that was 260,000 and I thought that was way too much. Interest rates are down, but paying over a hundred thousand more for a house is worrisome to me. It would have been a brand new house with all of the extras and storm shelter along with energy efficient everything. I am okay with where I live. He is worried about the stairs as we age. It is a spiral stair case though. Not so much a chance of falling completely down them. Although my dad had the brain bleed that he passed away from falling on his stairs and hitting his head, not falling down the stairs. That could happen anywhere really. I run up and down the stairs right now, so have no fear of falling down them at this point. I am sure being close to the beach and your area makes a huge difference in price there.
I read in my practical paleo cookbook that has meal plans for different health issues that you should not do intense cardio as it raises cortisol levels. I believe that is what it was anyway. I will have to look. Maybe research that and your workouts. I kind of ignored it. LOL Keeping our bodies under too much stress even with workouts can be counterproductive.
I sure wish I had more extra energy after a rest. I guess I did on Wednesday after I had a light workout weekend and lighter shorter workouts on Monday and Tuesday. I am trying to use weekends more for rest and yoga and maybe a little cardio. That way I have more time to spend with my husband and maybe my arthritic body can have time to recover. That is a goal of mine right now.

It is episode 18 day 17 reducing neck and shoulder pain

Good morning,

Walked 2.5 miles. I will either do a yoga or pilates today.

Roxie - thinking about you and your family

BBL!

Roxie, so sorry for your loss, may she rest in peace.

Today was cardio, I woke up feeling great so I had a lot of energy. TM, 41 minutes uphill, 2.2 miles and next I got on my elliptical and ran for 22 minutes, 2.2 miles and total calories burned was 651 and that includes the five minute cool down.

There is something about cardio that really gets my endorphins going and I am absolutely smiling by the time I get done with my workout.

Diane Sue, I believe what you say with intense workouts with a dread factor causing a cortisol issue. That makes sense so I will avoid those workouts and see what happens. I variety with my workouts and than I get more accomplished because I know soon I will be moving onto something new. I cannot do any type of HIIT workout that Cathe or Yvette does, I know it is going to be so hard so I dread doing it. My body says NO WAY! I wish I could get a brand new house but not around here, they are too expensive. Oklahoma is supposed to have those Black Lives Matter Protests today! Don't go into the city, stay home, these protesters destroy their communities.

Belinda, nice workout today as always.

I hope everyone has a great workout today and spend some time outside! Happy Saturday.

This morning I did Jessica Smith Dance Walk workout 1, 33 minutes, 160 calories, 118/156 heart rate, 3,354 steps. I finished off with Lindsey Samper Yoga Therapy episode 11 and the chair stretch, 37 minutes, 36 calories, 41 steps. Total time 70 minutes, 197 calories, 3,395 steps. I think that I got in a couple thousand more steps walking around a gun store with my husband while waiting to purchase and get clearance.

Jolie, glad that you woke up with a lot of energy and had a great workout today. I went back and read some of the stuff in Practical Paleo and it mainly suggests, yoga, walking, and weight training and not excessively demanding work. It says Overly intense exercise (high intensity interval training or similar workouts0 and chronic cardiovascular exercise (30-60+ minutes at steady state intensity, like biking and jogging, can provoke a stress response in the body. Yes, there are still protests. It trailed off for a break and they are back. That is why I watched my grandson yesterday. They didn't want to leave an 8 year old at home all day.

Belinda, nice work on the walk and yoga today.

Good Evening,

I cleaned house today and did BeachBody Country Heat Country Swing. Thank You everyone for your prayer. She was starting to get sick so it was a blessing we didn’t have to watch her suffer.

Roxie, I understand that on not watching her suffer. It is terrible to watch someone we love suffer. Nice that you got a workout in today.

I am previewing the Strength one in the garage workout Kelly just put up on Raw and writing it down so I know what I will be doing. It is done in timed Tabata rounds of 8 sets of two moves per body part.
I want to check out the outdoor boxing and strength one she did with the other ladies in a park and has put up on YouTube for free. I imagine she will put it on Raw too like she did the other ones. I hear the boxing one is fun.
Work to do here tomorrow. We purchased a new toilet and decided we should redo my bath floor while we were at it. That silly toilet was leaking again and we put a new seal between the tank and the bowl 18 months ago. So we decided to replace it. Picked out some nice porcelain flooring.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.