Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for June 2020

Today I did RAW Box & Tone and had a great workout. Love that one. My right knee is bothering me so it was hard to do some of the toning part, but I did what I could. Not sure what is going on with this knee, maybe I just need to stretch my quads a bit, they do feel tight.

Workout was 31 minutes, burned 232 calories, did 2869 steps and HR was 138/179.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 21 minutes, burned 138 calories, went 1 mile and did 2502 steps. HR was 122/163.

Roselyn - I couldn't imagine wearing masks all day. I go back to work Monday (but I might actually go in later today and tomorrow) and I have to wear a mask when walking the halls, but when I'm in my office by myself I don't. I have a hard time wearing mine when I grocery shop, by the time I'm getting out of the store I can't wait to take the stupid thing off. I sure hope we don't have to do this forever.

Doreen - Burpees suck. Nice job on your workout!

Diane - How did you like the Kettlebell workout you did yesterday? I'm not much of a fan of kettlebell workouts, I don't mind if they are mixed with dumbbells, but all kettlebells is not my favorite. I'm the same, I can't skip biceps. I don't believe they get worked that much while doing other exercises - not if you are doing that specific exercise the right way. If you are doing a shoulder exercise, the shoulder needs to be lifting the weight, not the biceps. I don't get that train of thought on that. If that was true, every muscle group is worked while doing an exercise. Shoulders is worked while doing chest, triceps are worked while doing back. Her theory doesn't ring true for me. LOL! So the stretching workouts you are doing are on YouTube, right? I know you sent a link last month and I will go check it out. I will try a few next week while I'm on a weeks break. I need the break, I haven't had one in a long time.

Jolie - Good job getting that workout in even though you weren't feeling it. That is a tough workout. And no, I can't believe we're 54. My brother turns 53 today. Yikes!!

Belinda - So glad you finally were able to stock up on veggies! I have to say, our grocery stores have been awesome. They have everything I need all of the time now. Prices are going up but that's not shocking, I figured that would happen. Hope they don't stay that way. Great job with your barre workout.

Have great workouts everyone!

Good morning,

L4 W3 D3 Shoulder Intervals is done. DD and I did Adriane Yoga for sensitive knees.

Last night we took a 2 mile walk. Hopefully we will get another walk in. It's suppose to rain today.

Debbie - great job this morning. Our grocery store has veggies too. They are not fresh. I am fully stocked. Don't have run to the store this week. Lots of healthy snacks are in the house. Costco had a sign up by the meat that prices went up. I expected the prices goes up. I also hope it will not stay that way. I hate wearing a mask too. My glasses fog up constantly.

Jolie - hope you have a great workout today.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL for more personals.

Reactions: WD
Jolie - have you looked at any of the step tutorials Cathe put on Youtube during the Covid? Maybe they would help.

I love step - but it doesn't always love my knees if I do it a lot!

Just took a walk this moring - no energy for much else.

Today is my rest day and I am looking forward to it for once. Today is my son's graduation, well technically, he isn't going because it is a drive thru in his car, I slept like a rock last night, 10 hours. All of the stress that I have been carrying around with me for the last 5 years finally is going away. I feel so much lighter today, a little skip in my step :) Stress is a silent killer.

Debbie, great job on the workout today, I bet your quads are tight and you are right it is causing your knee to have some pain. Great news you get to go back to work! How long is this for before summer break?

Doreen, a nice walk is always the best workout when you aren't feeling like working out. I will look for those tutorials on YouTube from Cathe about step.

Belinda, nice workout with your DD today. Enjoy your time together.

Diane Sue, How have you been sleeping lately? It is starting to get hot here so the nights are warm and makes sleeping difficult to wake up feeling refreshed. You have been doing an awesome job on the workouts lately, the PT really paid off for you! I like the step workouts like Yvette's, she used them as a box almost to do plyo type moves, no dance type steps. They are really used more for up and over type leg exercises, I will see what Cathe has that is similar to those types of workouts.

Have a nice day.

I did Kelly Coffey 30 minutes to fitness Amped Up Cardio Live both workouts, 59 minutes, 307 calories, heart rate 130/178, 5,555 steps followed by Lindsey Samper Yoga Therapy #5 deep hip stretches, 35 minutes (longest workout in this season) Fit bit 34 calories(health mate 109 calories and Cathe 77 for low yoga) ridiculous. Total time 94 minutes, 341 calories, 5,586 steps. I will come back later as I need to shower and pick up dog food from the vet.

Debbie, nice work on Box and Tone today. You had good calorie count and heart rate today. I did too, go figure. I used to feel bad if I didn't get at least 600 calories in a day and now I am happy if I get 300. I got my fitbit back to syncing with MFP by unlinking it and relinking. Now I don't have to log my food in two places. I forgot how it takes calories away from you when you eat though. First it gave me calories above my workout and then takes it away when I eat. Kind of annoying. I guess it balances out in the end. So, my scale syncs my weight and bf and al of that to mfp and fitbit, meals and calories are shared. I think sometimes it is imbalances and may be causing the quads to be tight. What I did was a lot of slow basic stuff although Lindsey Samper does have you work on form as you hold those stretches and you hold them for awhile and work into them. An interesting thing she has said in this one and the safe moves one is when in a plank arms extended to turn the biceps forward which is more a feeling when you do it, but it helps protect the shoulder when in those positions. She did it on the wall on the safe moves. I can feel it take pressure off where the front of my shoulders have been hurting in those positions. Also pulls the shoulder back a bit in position. I am learning a few things with these. I will post the link again. It is on Amazon Prime . I pull them up with my Fire TV but I can get them off Amazon on my laptop and I am sure you can on Roku as well. Also another note is she has you not push your knee out when in the crocodile pose or those deep lunges. She says they are okay, but for now she wants you to not do it.
I wore my mask in Walmart the other day because of my allergies and it seems to irritate and make me itch, I was trying not to cough and ended up finding an empty aisle so I could shove a cough drop in my mouth and thought how that was not probably a covid safety thing. I would probably be better off just coughing all over the place. I hate going to the store. It does make me get in and out as fast as I can. Not so much comparing and reading labels at this time.
I liked the kettlebell workout yesterday. It is really more strength with breaks of swings and traditional kettlbell moves. A person could probably just pick up dumbbells for the strength work and forgo the kettlebell. Even use the dumbbell for swings. Fit bit sure didn't give me much for all of the work I put in.
Kelly has decent biceps, but then she does the biceps work because she know the others like to work them. I always though Rachel Cosgrove had rather undefined biceps except when she was shredded for a competition. That's true, as to other body parts are worked doing other moves as well. Like close grip bench press does triceps and chest. Makes no sense to skip a body part if you want to define it more.

Belinda, I tried wearing my glasses with my mask and they kept fogging up. I quit and just hope I don't need to read a price or label in small print. I have picked up excellent produce and really lousy produce. Prices have really gone up on meat. Hopefully things go back down. If I buy too many veggies I can't get them all cooked and eaten fast enough. My husband is not a fresh veggie eater. None. Canned peas and green beans are it. I can't get those for him at Sprouts. Thiers are not very tasty and a small section of canned veggies. I go around the corner to the Dollar General to avoid going to Walmart. I bought blueberries, baby spinach , and some peaches yesterday that were actually not hard as a rock or rotting. They smell good which is usually a nice indicator. There is a place not far away where once a year people can pay so much and go pick their peaches off the trees. I may suggest we do that this year if it still happens. I could freeze and use.

Doreen, I love step too and just cannot do it as much as I would like anymore. Makes me sad. I go by how my knees feel whether I do something with step or not. I know a lot of women are liking Kelly's step tutorials.

Jolie, funny you should ask about sleep. I just had 4 days of good sleep around 6 to 6 hr 45 minutes with lots of restful sleep. Last night not so much as it dropped to less time and hardly any restful sleep where heart rate drops below my heart rate low during the day. It showed restlessness all over the place. I am sure it is more stress over things and I talked to my daughter whose husband is a police captain and then later I saw my granddaughter 20 post asking prayers for safety of our officers and pray for her Dad. Makes me sad. I woke this morning wanting to cry and I had a long talk with God which helped. My son in law was on the front line leading his men out when some woman came plowing through right at him in her vehicle. He did not let them shoot at her. Glad he was able to get out of the way in time so she missed him as he is the front line. It just scares me and there is more planned Friday.
I have problems with crossback lunges off of a step when doing weights. For some reason the angle sets off knee pain for me. I am doing much better with the workouts, but being conscientious of stretching, resting areas and being careful. Doing more modifying. I have put on a little more muscle weight so that makes me happy. I would be in shock if I got 10 hours of sleep. I am in shock if I get 7 hours

Last edited:
Today I did RAW Box & Pump and had a great workout. Love this workout and Lori and Noelle add so much fun to it. I went heavier on some exercises, but these drills are 1 minute each so that gets hard.

Rows: 15's
W Back Flies: 8's
Overhead press/flies: 8's
Boxing w/1# hand weights
Supinated Curls: 15's
Pledges: 10's
Front/Hammer Run Curls: 8's (killer!)
Boxing w/1# hand weights
Upright Rows: 15's
Bent Elbow Lateral Raise: 10's
Bent Over Flies: 8's
Boxing w/1# hand weights
Overhead Extension: 15#
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's
Dips
Boxing
w/1# hand weights
Chest Press: 15's
Flies: 12.5's
Face Plant Push Ups
Squats:
SKIPPED
Back Lunges: SKIPPED
Scales: SKIPPED

Didn't feel like doing legs today so I skipped them. Workout was 50 minutes, burned 377 calories (holy moly), did 2959 steps and HR was 140/194. Fun stuff!!

I am going into work for most of the day today and then I have to go in all next week and then I'm off for summer break. Finally.

Belinda - Great job on your workout yesterday!! :)

Jolie - That is how they are doing graduations here too, in cars and doing drive bys. So stupid. Can't wait to see what they come up with for school in fall. :rolleyes: I have one week to work and then summer break starts after the 12th.

Diane - I know, my calorie burn was good today too. Wonder what is going on? I am looking forward to doing some of those Lindsey workouts next week, they sound good. Thanks for sending the link again, I do have Amazon Prime so I can get them for free which is cool. You have a lot of ways you are tracking calories, etc. I only rely on my FB. I know I'm burning calories and I don't gain weight and when I do I lay off the food a bit which works so I'm doing something right. I try not to get all caught up in the numbers, they drive me crazy when I do that. But still, you would think these devices would be a bit more accurate. Wearing masks are a pain, I hate it. I have to wear one at work but only when I'm walking around. When I'm in my office it will be coming off.

Gotta get going, hope you all have a great day!

Good morning,

SBF Tabata + L4 Legs is done. I also did 10 min seated yoga.

Debbie - amazing job on your workout this morning.

Diane - great job yesterday with your workout. I can't see without my glasses. Meat prices defiantly went up. We don't eat a lot of meat anymore. I told DH if the prices goes up more, we becoming full vegans :) I do prefer buying frozen fruit over fresh these day's, like blueberries. I eat them with my oatmeal in the morning. I buy in bulk at Costco. We have lots of fruit trees in our yard. We have peaches, plums, apples and cherries.

BBL!

I did a Youtube no repeat kettlebell workout this morning. I played my own music. I like her moves and the pacing - not hurried at all.

Today I did CARDIO, TM for 80 minutes uphill, 5.5 to 7.5 incline, 3.1 to 3.3 speed, traveled miles and burned 731 calories. Today was my son's first day of work and he was very excited. Unfortunately, it will only be part time today since it is raining!!! It never rains in Southern California in June! My stress level is down so I am feeling much better now and sleeping great too.

Debbie, amazing workout today! That looks like fun, I like how she puts the boxing segments in between the weight work, I like working in cardio like that. Have a nice day at work today.

Belinda, great job on the workout today and the yoga afterwards.

Diane Sue, I am so glad that you are sleeping better! I can sleep 9 to 10 hours when I do a lot of walking or cardio, I guess it really wipes me out and I go to be exhausted which makes for great sleeping. I feel sorry for your family with them going through what they have to do with these protests. Unbelievable that someone tried to run them over.

Doreen, Nice KB workout today.

Roselyn, I hope you have a nice workout today.

Make it a great day!

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Box and Pump 3 58 minutes, 260 calories, heart rate 119/167 heart rate, 3,948 steps. I then Raw 6 & 60 abs, 15 minutes, 15 calories, heart rate 85/117, 34 steps. I finished with two Lindsey Samper therapy stretches, neck and shoulders #7 and Safe Stretches, 34 minutes, 36 calories, 70 steps. Total time was 1 hour 47 minutes, 311 calories, 4,052 steps.
Box and Pump 3 boxing with lower body strength segments. I used 1# dumbbells for the boxing Kelly says no more than 3#
boxing
squats 35# barbell
squats with 15# dbs
plies holding 12# dbs together and raising heels
boxing
barbell deadlift 35#
reverse lunge 15# dumbbells
good morning holding 10# dbs on shoulders
boxing
barbell front lunge 35#
bulgarian split squat (Kelly uses a bench) I did it with my high step and 3 risers Kelly's 15's
curtsy lunge 12's
boxing
side to side step with loop band used the heavy band from Cathe
squat side to side with loop band
kick leg back with loop band alternating legs
boxing
side lying clam shell with loop band
lying on back hip lifts open knees with loop band
stretch

Debbie, have a good day at work. Glad you have your job. I think the masks are pretty much useless and more of an extra germ thing to be honest. Also think the covid virus tests are not accurate a lot of the time. They just do not have things down and being militant about it is not right either. Just saying. My granddaughter who tested negative for covid has been harrassed by the covid information collectors. She wouldn't give her the names of family and friends she has been around or her work place as she didn't want them pestered too. They dug around, bound the doctors office (my daughter's office) she works for and tole her she could not go to work. She is not sick. The office would not let her work if she is sick. Her friend whose boyfriend tested positive ( and wasn't sick but around someone else) tested negative as well. She kept urging her boyfriend to get retested but he did not want to. Anyway, no one is sick and my granddaughter and her friend test negative and her friend retested and negative. Why tell someone they cannot work when they are okay? Let alone some of her college friends are giving her a hard time and some unfriending because she supports the police for heaven's sake. She tried to explain circumstances and they don't get it. Young people are so easily swayed. I keep trying to be understanding and kind, but I am reaching my limit.
I did fairly well with the box and pump 3 today on calories. I know what you mean about doing fine with calories in and out and weight. I am made some adjustments on MFP as to how much I want to gain and activity level since it is supposed to be the level you other than workout. I was reading up on it and wondering why I had negative calories burned. Now I have more of an idea what they are doing. Also now the calories go to Fit Bit so I can quit logging food on both.

Doreen, so is that no repeat meaning completely different exercises throughout? Does she do swings etc too?

Jolie, nice that you can sleep like that. I automatically wake up. Even if I go to bed at two I wake up somewhere between 5 and 6 hours most times. Best sleep is when my allergies are not bothering me and I make it a goal to get outside for a few minutes. Bad weather kind of makes some jobs part time for sure. My grandson was delivering pizza for awhile along with working with a lawn service and landscaping and when weather was bad, he didn't get to work the lawn service. That was in high school and right after. My granddaughter is having even more of a tough time with this as I mentioned to Debbie above. Praying for her to get through all of this too.

Good morning,

Bounce TB = 36 min is done.

Jolie - great job yesterday. I am trying to add more flexibility/stretching to my routine. Hope your son had a great first day at work yesterday.

Debbie - your workout looks like fun. Great job as always.

I will be back later.

Today I was just sore all over so I did some of the 30 Day Yoga Weight loss Julia Marie workouts. I thought I might get some cardio in by doing the Cardio Flow Ab & Glute burn which was 19 minutes(it said 26 so not accurate in description) session # 22 Not much cardio here really. It was a flow with mountain climbers in between. I also did one I did before reducing neck and shoulder pain 29 minutes (again shorter than the description) this was session #18. Total time was 48 minutes, 55 calories, heart rate 78/124. I did not get a glute burn from this and have no idea where that was to come into play. Maybe squats? I like Lindsey Samper better.

Belinda, nice work on the Bounce today.

Diane - yes the no repeat mean completely different exercises the entire way through. She did some fun swings (but they might bother your shoulder) where you swing with 2 KB, right hand then left had then both hands.

This morning I drug my son out for a bike ride. We did the ladders and the chutes again but from a different trailhead and added on the upper section by riding up the road to hook up with the upper trail section. It started raining on us half-way up and poured on the way down. It was a lot of fun but I was a cold, wet, dirty mess by the time we reached the car. I had to use my water bottle to spray off my legs so I could get in the car without getting dirt all over. The entire trip took us just over 2 hours. About 1:40 of it uphill.

Good Evening,

It has not been a good week, I went to the doctor with a neck problem turns out my clavicle muscle is to tight so turning my head hurts so she gave me a muscle relaxer which keeps me awake at night and my neck still hurts, then my mother-inlaw broke Her hip a month ago and has been in rehab but she has developed gangrene in a sore on her heel and they wanted to take her lower leg and she refused and stopped dialysis and taking her medication and is now on hospice they brother home yes and it’s the first time any of us have seen her since she broke her hip because of covI’d.

• Sad
Good Evening,

It has not been a good week, I went to the doctor with a neck problem turns out my clavicle muscle is to tight so turning my head hurts so she gave me a muscle relaxer which keeps me awake at night and my neck still hurts, then my mother-inlaw broke Her hip a month ago and has been in rehab but she has developed gangrene in a sore on her heel and they wanted to take her lower leg and she refused and stopped dialysis and taking her medication and is now on hospice they brother home yes and it’s the first time any of us have seen her since she broke her hip because of covI’d.

Roxie, wow, sorry about all of the issues you are going through right now. Prayers for your MIL!

Yesterday was my rest day. Today I had a fantastic workout, I slept good and I feel great! Workout started with a TM uphill walk for 30 minutes, 6.0 to 7.5 incline, 3.2 speed and traveled 1.6 miles burning 270 calories. Next I did CL # 284 Arms and ABS and lifted heavy. Total workout time was 1 hour 30 minutes and I burned 661 calories.

Doreen, Wow, your bike ride sounds intense and fun!

Diane Sue, I hope you soreness is going away.

Roxie, Hang in there, this too shall pass.

BBL to read your posts. Have a wonderful Sunday my friends.

This week is a total rest week for me. Other than stretching/yoga, I'm not doing much of anything.

This morning I did some Lindsey Samper (stuff Diane has been doing) so I did two of the therapy workouts, Episode 1 - Neck and Shoulders and Episode 2 - Hamstrings. The first one was just ok, I didn't feel anything great doing it, although my neck feels pretty good right now. The second one was amazing and funny thing - my left hamstring cramped up yesterday and I was so scared that it would pull. So this workout was nice for that, and it stretched my hamstrings out pretty good.

I started my FB for this using the Yoga mode and then I forgot to turn it off when I was done. An hour and a half later I looked at my watch and seen that it was still clocking my workout. Doh!! So I burned an amazing 350 calories doing yoga. LOL!!

Diane - These were pretty good and I like Lindsey, I will definitely do more this week. The one pose in Episode 1 for the shoulder was where you lay on my stomach and you place one arm out at 10 o'clock and then push the opposite arm up so you stretch the inside of your chest. OMG did that hurt my boob!!! Can you do that exercise? There was another workout I did a while back from Youtube that had the exact stretch and I just can't figure out how to do it without excruciating pain in my boob. Doing the left side doesn't hurt but doing my right hurts really bad. So needless to say, I didn't like that stretch at all and didn't do it for too long. Otherwise, I do like her and the workouts were nice.

I'm at work and no time for other personals (here we go again), I will be back later!!

Good morning,

I started W4 D1 Chest & Triceps.

Roxie - hang in there. Praying for your MIL.

Debbie - great job this morning.

I will be back later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.