Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2020

Belinda, I am so sorry to hear your mother in law passed away. I know you were just talking about your husband not able to visit here. Prayers for you and your husband.

No workout today. I got home from church and it was 91 upstairs and just decided to not even do yoga up there. Hopefully I can get up early before it is so hot. I left a message with the Air and heat service. Hopefully I hear back or I will call again tomorrow. I may have to try to do something downstairs on the hard wood flooring. Lots of rain yesterday again so it is not a comfortable heat. I was pouring sweat sweeping up debris outside this afternoon from the storms.

Doreen, I like pull workouts better than push workouts. I don't know why.

I am back and had a great workout this morning. I did Kelly's new RAW Weights 2 and I'd like to thank Diane for posting the workout. I liked it, wasn't too sure about the ab moves with weight exercises, I ended up just doing one or the other. I didn't feel much in my abs doing those moves and they didn't feel safe to me for my low back.

This is what I did:

Each move was 45 seconds with a short maybe 10 second break.

Squats: 15's - 2 sets
Plie Squats: 20# - 2 sets
Deadlift/Squats: 15's - 2 sets

Dumbbell Press: 15's - 2 sets
Explosive Reverse Flies: 12's - 2 sets
Pullovers: 25# - 2 sets
Seated Supinated Hammer Curls: 12's - 2 sets
(I wore my elbow strap for the bi's and tri's work, it really helped)
W Curls: 12's - 2 sets
Situps to Overhead Press: 8's - 2 sets
Leaning back w/Knees Up & Hammer Curls: 10's - (I did Hammer Curls only)
Russian Twist w/Knees Up: 10# - (I did not bring my knees up)

Alternate Front Lunges: 12's - 2 sets
Alternate Back Lunges: 12's - 2 sets
Alternate Side Lunges: 12# - 2 sets
(These killed!)

Tate Press: 10's - 2 sets (I hate this exercise, I did Lying Extensions)
Seated Bent Over Lateral Raise, Thumbs Up: 8's - 2 sets
Seated Overhead Press to Triceps Extension: 8's - 2 sets

Abs

Workout was fun and went fast, I paused quite a bit to catch my breath. My stupid Fitbit showed I was at 84 bpm for most of the workout or at least when I looked at it. WTF?

Workout was 54 minutes, burned 195 calories, did 896 steps and HR was 99/145. Don't know how it seen that as I never seen anything above 99.

Also walked on my treadmill for 21 minutes, burned 126 calories, went 1.02 miles and did 2517 steps. HR was 115/130.

Belinda - Thinking about you and your family. Prayers being sent your way.

Jolie - Great job with your workout on Saturday, you kicked butt! Hope your foot is somewhat better, that sounds really painful.

Diane - Wow on your A/C going out, it is just too hot to not have A/C. We are having a little relief right now but it's still very humid. I can't even imagine not having A/C. Glad you decided not to workout yesterday.

Doreen - Nice job with your workout!

Roselyn & Roxie - Hope all is well with you both.

Have a great day everyone!

Reactions: WD
Belinda, I am so sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope you husband is doing ok since he could not visit her in her final days. May she rest in peace.

Today I went for it even though my ankle is swollen and did CL# 184 PHA 3 and had a fantastic workout. This is a low weight endurance workout that really gets your heart rate up and the calories burning. I only had to sub out the pushups with Chest Press and lunges with either rowing or leg presses on the high step. Workout was 47 minutes, but 1 hour for me, I had to pause a few time :) and I burned 468 calories. Heart rate was 128/169. I am hoping to get into the Chiro early this week if they have a cancellation otherwise I have to wait for my appointment on Friday afternoon. I want to get it adjusted before my MRI.

Debbie, the workout you did today looks really good, that is my type of workout! I am glad you enjoyed your week off with your husband, I hope you house looks fantastic.

Diane Sue, when do you get your air-conditioned repaired? I bet you got horrible sleep last night if you didn't have it fixed by yesterday. I made an Asian Chicken salad for today, doesn't that sound refreshing in the hot weather! Butter lettuce, red cabbage, green onions, cucumber, red bell pepper, cilantro with grilled chicken and a ginger dressing. I cant wait for lunch!

Doreen, way to go on the workout today!

Roselyn, I hope you are getting in some workouts and how is work going? Are you on the floor yet cutting and doing color?

BBL to read your posts.

Make it a great day.

Belinda so sorry sending prayers

We were in Omaha again at my MIL I brought home about 30 pairs of brand new shoes (all name brand) she never wore. Just seems impossible right now to get house cleaned

I did gym style chest/tris today

I did a youtube step workout this morning. It was a great step workout but the view was different - I'm so used to mirroring the instructor that to have a "class view" was making the combo harder than it needed to be. But the instructor and her talent were great! Fun combos- low impact - good workout. I'm now following her channel as she has several others posted as well that I want to try out.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Amped Up Cardio Workout #2, 30 minutes, heart rate 135 average, 174 max, 2,595 step, 169 calories. I then did Kelly's Build and Burn Lower Body Tabata, 28 minutes, 121 calories, heart rate 116 average, 147 max, 1,280 steps. Total time 58 minutes, 3,875 steps, 290 calories. Luckily after the rains it was only in the 80's in my workout room this morning. Climbing now though and the sun is out.
Lower Body Tabata weights 20 seconds work 4 sets each move
banded side steps using my latex free heavy band 4 sets
kickstand deadlifts 15 # dumbbells 4 sets
squat variations 20 # dumbbells 4 sets
side lunge into knee pull 4 sets body weight
front and back lunges 15# dumbbells 4 sets
split stance plyo pops body weight 4 sets
plie variations 2 sets 25# dumbbell 2 sets 20# as these were side step plies
wide stance deadlift and squat up 20# dumbbells 4 sets
bridges single leg right then left /close stance/feet apart no weight
bridges the same but with pulses and I used a 15# dumbbell over my hips
I contacted the air and heating guy and he said he will be here sometime this afternoon. He was having a hard time with his phone signal yesterday. We had more rain storms. Hoping they can just repair the air and it is not going to be a full purchase thing. It is the older unit. Odd yesterday as I got up and was letting the dog out and our front gate was hanging wide open. I don't know how that could happen as no packages were delivered and it was closed when I went out to put trash in the trashcan in the evening. My husband said he didn't go out, but noticed when he let the dog out that she came from over the direction of the gate and it was dark so he did not see it open. I am lucky I have her trained and she does not leave the yard. She knows to stand by the open gate while I go pull in trashcans and do stuff. She cannot see me from the gate when I go out by the driveway. I am proud of her for that.

Debbie, I posted the whole workout after I typed it up thinking it would be helpful to you or whoever else chooses to do it. Nice work on it. I understand on the Russian Twist with knees up with weights and also for me the overhead. I did not do the overhead and the twists were barely twists for me. So I am there with you on that one. I was pleased that I did not have any neck and shoulder pain from that workout. Although I did do some modifying a bit on the overhead stuff. I am not a real fan of sit ups with overhead press. Cathe does that in some of her ab workouts. I prefer to bring them down to the side. I used to do superman moves with weights as done in some others workouts and I know that I paid for that one. I remember having a hard time even standing up straight at one point and my husband commenting on how silly I looked trying to get out of a theater seat at the movies. I think we learn over time what our bodies capabilities are. The other weight workout before this one that Kelly did was tough for me and I probably should have skipped all of the plank work at the end since there was a lot of it. What is up with these silly Fitbit watches anyway. Mine worked well for a change today. I kept wondering if it was because I did not take Zertec last night. Between that and my arthritis med I am always so fatigued feeling. I was coughing and sneezing this morning and I had tried flonase last night. Didn't help and ended up taking Zertec just before my workout. Wondered if it affects heart rate. I did not want to cough when the guy comes for the air. I think it is just the watch though. I only got 94 calories for weights 2 on Friday. I was pretty disgusted considering how long it was. I know I had to have burned more calories than that. heart rate said 93/138.
We do have air conditioning downstairs thankfully. It would be unbearable if we didn't. I would workout in our downstairs bedroom, but my husband sleeps during the day so that is out. We have his weight bench, dumbbells, 20 and 40 # pairs and the tread climber in our bedroom. It is a pretty large bedroom.

Jolie, nice work on Live PHA. I had out the Step Boss PHA which is lighter weight and quicker paced, but it was too long for what I wanted today. Maybe later this week. WE have lots of fans in our house trying to circulate the air which helps. Two air units one upstairs and one down. Downstairs is working.

Belinda, prayers your way today.

Roselyn, nice job on the workout.

Doreen, nice that you found some step workouts that are good.

I ordered the new workouts with the downloads. I always know I will end up buying. I tried skipping out on Ice and ended up purchasing them one or two at a time later.

Doreen, I also ordered Kelly's. It sounds like they won't take very long. Didn't she say the editing was all done. Greg Twombly posted a couple of clips on Kelly's facebook I think.

Good morning,

I am still here.Thanks everyone about my mother in law. It means a lot to us.

This week I will take a active revery. Still keeping up with SBF rotation. I am on week 3.

Today I will do SBF Planks + Abs. BBL!

I ordered Cathe's new series.

I will be back to catch up on personals.

I tried out a new instructor from you tube this morning. She has a lot of step workouts posted too which is why I ended up trying this one. This was a full body weights - her moves were good and her instruction good. It was just annoying how she kept talking to the people that where apparently following her live stream. I'll see how her step workouts are.

Today I did Kelly's RAW Cardio Overload 2 and wore my 12# weighted which I ended up taking off around half way through because my upper body did not like that thing at all. Kelly wears a 6# vest in this workout and I had no idea mine was 12#. I thought at the most it was 10#. I just weighed it and my scale said 11.6#. I had a great workout, though, this one was fun and I liked the tabata intervals. I even did the squat thrust moves.

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 242 calories (not bad for a change), did 3333 steps (LOL!) and HR was 129/166.

I also did Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch, my lower body really needed a good stretch after yesterday's workout and this one has some upper body stretches in it as well.

I didn't know Cathe has new workouts coming out. LOL! I'm so out of the loop.

Jolie - What is wrong with your ankle? I missed that somewhere. I thought you were having problems with your foot, not your ankle. Dang, sounds like you are having a tough time right now with your feet. I hate when things stop us from doing a good workout but it sounds like you did great anyways!!

Roselyn - Wow, I can't believe you guys are still cleaning out your MIL's house. Rent a dumpster and pitch it all. That is one thing I am not looking forward to doing when my mom passes. Good Lord.

Doreen - That would be hard to workout to a step workout like that. I wonder why she did it that way? You find all kinds of cool workouts!

Diane - That is weird about your front gate being open. Sort of spooky. Nice job on your workout yesterday. It is nice when we post the workouts and what they entail, I was actually hoping you would have done that with Weights 2. LOL!! It helped me a lot. I will make a workout sheet out of it when I get the time to type it up. The ab work that goes into the overhead press doesn't seem to bother me. I just have more problems when pressure is on my upper back like when you do a plank and the pressure is up higher. I have been really good since I took last week off and have no pains in my upper body right now. I hope it stays that way. My elbow is still hurting, but the elbow strap helped a lot yesterday. Just so you know, Zertec is known for making people sleepy and slowing down the heart rate. Allegra works better and does not make your drowsy. I took Zertec at one point in my life and it made me a raging bitch plus made me tired. I hated the way that drug messed with my emotions. Bad drug in my book so be careful.

Belinda - Glad you are doing well. Will you be having a funeral for your MIL or is the state she lived in not allowing that right now? Good job with your SBF workout!

Have a great day everyone!

Just stopped to read posts and need to get started on my workout.

Debbie, I ordered an 8# vest from Amazon and went back 3 months later and ordered the 4#. I think they only have 8 in this one right now. Also the price has doubled :( These work so much better for the Kelly workouts. I have the Cathe one that goes up to 20#. I took all of the weight packets out and like you I thought maybe 10#. It was just too much and when I weighed it, it was 12#. Plus the silly thig would move around and slide backwards and made my neck and shoulder hurt.
Nice workout today ;)
I used to take Allegra as it caused the least symptoms for me. The Zertec does not seem to be working so well for the grass allergies. I only use Flonase as a last resort when I go out in public. I swear that stuff makes me really depressed. I used it several days in a row due to appointments once and I told my daughter I felt like crying or something. Not that there isn't plenty to want to cry about right now, but I am usually good about not wanting to let things get me down because that is not my purpose that God put me here for. I have some sensitivity to meds and supplements so usually lean on the light side of dosage with that stuff. That was with one spray and not two of the recommended dose of Flonase. I will pick up some Allegra when I go to the store tomorrow.

Belinda, thinking of you. Nice that you are doing an active recovery week.

Doreen, that would be distracting with the instructor trying to talk to her audience. I think Kelly tried to look once when she was doing one of her Raw and said she couldn't see it. I guess it would take some real concentration to read that and keep up the workout at the same time.

Last edited:
Today I did Cathe Live #136 Upper Body Challenge with the Ball and had a really great workout. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 447 calories. I lifted lighter weight since I lifted yesterday. I am off to the Chiro to get my foot and ankle adjusted so I will be back later to read your posts. I am hoping when she adjusts my foot and ankle the swelling goes away. Then I have to address the cyst and nerve issue after i get my MRI in about 2 weeks. It hurts when I sleep but I still am doing my workouts, just not walking a lot because that aggravates it. I swear, it is always something isn't it!? Hey, but it could be way worse so I am not complaining, I am just addressing the issue head on. :)

Have a wonderful day.

Today I did the same workout as Debbie, Raw Cardio Overload #2 35 minutes, 202 calories, heart rate 133/169, 3,287 steps. I wore my 4# vest throughout. I then did Kelly's 30 MTF one on one Cardio Sculpt Overload workout #1, I know I have done this before, but I could not find a description of the moves that I had done. Anyway this was 29 minutes, 127 calories, heart rate 121/160, 1,595 steps. It might not be completely accurate as during the last round of moves my watch went to 70 for the heart rate then dropped out till I finally moved it a tiny bit and tightened the band since it was starting to feel loose. I also did 20 minutes of Lindsey Samper add on moves and some rolling and leg stretches which was 18 calories. Total time was 84 minutes, 347 calories, 4,882 steps.

30 Minutes to Fitness Kelly Coffey Cardio Sculpt Overload workout #1 Kelly uses 2# dumbbells for boxing, a 12.5 # dumbbell for the compound moves, not sure what the vest is. I think she said 6# on her website or the facebook check in. I used 8# today for this
warm up 3 minutes
light dumbbells hook/knee boxing
lower body weight curtsy back kick
heavy dumbbell compound 12 # squat/press

low impact cardio insole/ heel/insole
light dumbbells boxing upper cut/ twist/knee 3#
1/4 squat tap out
heavy dumbbell 12# bend/row/curl

hop /knee pulls /side to side step
light dumbbells 3# boxing inside uppercut/uppercut
body weight legs squat/reverse lunge/squat/kick
heavy 12 # squat out snatch ( I did cleans instead)

Jolie, I hope the chiropractor helps. You are right, it could be worse and you are still able to workout.

Today I did Kelly's RAW Weights 1 In the Garage workout. Had a great workout, I really love these weight ones she has done recently. I did this one once before and I upped the weight a bit. Kickin' workout!!

Tabata style, 25 seconds on/10 seconds off. 8 rounds each body part.

Biceps
Dumbbell Curls:
15's (4 rounds)
Hammer Curls: 15's(4 rounds)
(alternated between the two)
BW Squats - (just walked in place)

Shoulders
Shoulder Press:
20# (used only one dumbbell so it was more of a front shoulder exercises) - 4 rounds
Upright Row: 15# (she one arm at a time) - 4 rounds
(alternated between the two)
BW Alternate Lunges as rest (just walked in place)

Back
Lawnmowers:
15# for 4 rounds, 20# for 4 rounds - KILLER!
BW Curtsy Lunges

Triceps
Overhead Triceps Extensions:
20# (4 rounds)
Alternating Kickbacks: 10# (4 rounds)
(Alternated between the two)

Lower Body
Squats:
SKIPPED
Curtsy Squats: SKIPPED

Chest
Dumbbell Flies:
20's for 2 rounds, 15's for 2 rounds
Dumbbell Press: 20's for 2 rounds, 15's for 2 rounds
(Alternated between the two - really burned with the 20's)

Planks: I just did 4 rounds and did elbow planks on the floor. Shoulders were burning so I stopped there

Abs
Crunches
- 4 rounds
Reverse Crunch - 4 rounds

Again love this workout, it was 52 minutes, burned 235 calories, HR was 107/163.

Walked on my treadmill for 21 minutes, burned 136 calories, went 1.01 miles and did 2505 steps, HR was 123/139.

I have a follow up for my thermal imaging breast exam so I will be back later for personals.

I did another youtube workout this morning - this was a step workout. Great step moves - a couple I've not done before and some stuff put together in a fun way. She spent less time talking to her class following her online and the music was pretty good.

I got my new fitbit charge 4 yesterday and am trying to get it set up! It kept buzzing during my workout this morning telling me what heart-rate zone I was in. I think I'll turn that off because its distracting and who cares.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.