Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2020

I did 4 sections of Michelle Dozois Cardio Strength Club routine this morning - about a half hour before I had to run off. I may try to do another workout later- we'll see how the day goes. I have to take my daughter to the ortho.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Quick Fix both combined, 48 minutes, 250 calories, heart rate 124/170, 4,957 steps. I need to get ready for my appointment this afternoon.

Jolie, praying for you and your parents.

Debbie, hope you and your husband are feeling okay today.

Belinda, I get out of the mood for a workout and need to do it before other activities. You are better at that than I am. I try though. It was a push to come back and do something yesterday. I still need some more stretching.

Doreen, nice that you got something in before you take your daughter to the ortho. I always think I am going to try a Michelle Dozios workout and then do look them up. It seems a lot like them.

My dad is home from the hospital! They thought he had Covid but instead he had an extreme case of food poisoning. Thank God! He is 87 years young so that age makes me really nervous. I just ordered a Drip IV Company to go to their house and to give them BOTH IV's for immune boosting purposes. Keep in mind they probably don't need it because NO ONE takes more Vitamins than my parents, especially my dad. He made vitamins for 20 years, we owned our own Vitamin Company and Lab we did Private Labeled and did Contract Manufacturing for a lot of companies you see in Vitamin Shoppe and GNC. My department alone in the inside sales sold 40 million dollars of vitamins per year! Wow, this makes me really miss my old job. :( Anyway, he took the dog for a walk and is working today so I feel good that he feels good :)

My foot kept me up all night last night so i am tired but i still managed to do CL #194 Vertical Loading 2 and had a fantastic workout. Instead of lunges i did Deadlifts and I changed up a few more leg exercises to where my foot would not flex a lot. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 437 calories. This is a higher rep workout and it uses the ball, I used the bench. Heart rate was 125/172. That seems high right?

Belinda, go get your hair done, your workout will be waiting for you the next day! :) If we don't look good we don't feel good! Nice workout today!

Doreen, i love Michelle Dozois!!! Well done.

Debbie, i hope the siding is looking good. How is your husband feeling today?

Roselyn, How is work going?

Diane Sue, I cant believe how early you worked out today!!!! I hope you slept well.

I hope everyone has the best day!

Jolie, that is good news that your dad did not have Covid. Sorry had had food poisoning though. That is promising that he is up and walking the dog. That is awesome that had his own Vitamin company and lab. I am always looking around for American companies that are good , but not the big store ones. I found one for my B vitamins and a few supplements, but wish they had a few more items. It is Blue Bonnet in Sugarland Texas. Reading reviews on Amazon, someone had said their doctor had recommended them. So, that is where I am getting my methylfolate and methylcobalamin. I take a lot of stuff for the immune system too. :) Wondering if I should go back to taking fish oil. I let up since I was not sure if it helped the heart or was not a good choice. I was taking it for my joints and the heart doctor asked why I was taking it. Wondering if that is what is wrong with my neck hurting again. I added Thorne Picolinate mineral supplement recently. I think I might be missing some minerals as I don't eat that much meat and the things I read for some of them. It seems I am less tired after a week of them.

Good morning,

L4 Day 3 Shoulders/Arm Circuit is done. Couldn't help myself, lol. Needed to follow the program to the T :)
Off to my hair appointment.

I will be back later.

Sydney Cummings workout this morning. I really wonder how long they will be able to keep uploading a new workout each day.... and really why its even necessary- sometimes it nice to be able to repeat a workout and know what is coming....

Today I did the hardest workout, I haven't done it in a long time because it is really that hard, but in a good way. I did Illaria's from Power Strike, Athletica the first one she did on dvd. This is a circuit workout with power moves that work our entire body with every exercise. I did really good, I had to drop the weight on the second round of the circuits on a few exercises but other than that, I am proud of myself. I will not be able to move tomorrow, I will probably be so sore. Half way through the workout I had to go and get a granola bar, I needed some fuel to get through it. I also had to pause between every exercise because I was spent, each exercise you do for a minute or more with heaty weight. Workout was 1 hour 5 minutes and I burned 518 calories. There are so many types of squats that my legs are now dead :) Heart rate was 125/166. The only exercise that I had to sub out were Burpees, I did squats instead and pushups, I did Chest press, 12's x 50 reps. She did 50 pushups!

Belinda, I hope you enjoy getting your hair done today.

Doreen, that looks like a great workout!

BBL to read your posts for the day. I am going to the doctor today about my foot, I am anxious to find out what the lump is and what is causing it to grow.

Have a wonderful day.

No workout today. I am tired and after my grandson was picked up I just was not longer feeling up for it. I will do one tomorrow. I went to bed at 1:45 this morning after researching different GLA sources and going back and forth between Arthritis Foundation and reading heart stuff. I ended up ordering Borage GLA without the PA which is an alkaloid and the higher percentage that AF recommends for RA. I chose it over Evening of Primrose because it seemed to be more for my needs and also Arthritis Foundation mentioned it helps with sjogrens. I would love to get rid of the dry mouth, lips and eyes if it would help.
I have cleaning to get done today as my husband starts his days off tomorrow. We paid for a whole beef and I have the freezer repair people coming tomorrow. They gave us our money back for the cow because the butcher meat packers are overloaded for the next 6 months. Sheeesh. This stuff is just making me crazy.
We were buying it from one of the ladies at my husbands work. I guess they are stuck with their cows for now.

Belinda, I am not surprised that you got that workout in anyway ;) You are so good at getting up early and getting it done. I will be glad when the day comes that I am not cleaning the house at night and can get up earlier and still get enough sleep!!

Doreen 38 days straight of new workouts? Does she film them as she goes? I do like doing workouts that I liked more than once because my second time through usually goes better and better results.

Jolie, awesome job on the workout. I remember those workouts and they are really tough. I think my body is getting old, because I used to be able to breeze through all of those workouts and add more onto them. I could go for 3 hours no problem. Now I think I would be lying down comatose the rest of the day with energy spent for the day.

I did the first 30 minutes of this workout this morning. It was set up in supersets with a weight move followed by a complementary cardio move (like Ripped with Hiit's Legs workout). I would have liked to have finished the entire workout but ran out of time. I saved it to finish later hopefully.

Diane - I think she films them about a week or so ahead of time. She publishes a calendar at the start of the month with all the workouts laid out so I know she plans them quite a bit ahead of schedule. If you follow her through the month and do every workout she does some layering of moves to keep the viewer increasing skill or intensity or weight.

I agree - sometimes it hard to always be doing brand new workouts - especially weight workouts - repeating is often better.

Today is my 2nd rest day for the week. I have plans to workout both Saturday and Sunday if my foot allows me to do it. I am very tired today and sore from yesterday's workout, that was such a nice change from just traditional lifting and cardio.

I went to the Podiatrist yesterday and I have to have an MRI on my foot to confirm that the lump on my foot is a Cyst and to see if the pain in my toes is in fact a pinched nerve. If so, then I will have to have surgery to remove the small nerve so i can walk normal again, it has been over 10 years with this issue, and I will have the cyst removed at the same time. I will not be working out much for the first couple of weeks since one of the incisions is on the bottom of my foot. The doctor said up to 4 weeks to drive a car I told him 2 weeks, I heal very quickly because of the amount of supplements I take. He said it could take up to 6 months to get a surgery date due to the Covid back log on surgeries. If that is the case I will have the doctor drain the cyst but it could come back. Since I may be moving soon, this is not a good time for a surgery.

Doreen, way to go on the leg workout today!

Belinda, nice job finishing your rotation, you killed it! What are you doing next? Enjoy your walk.

BBL to read your posts.

This morning I did Kelly's new raw workout. I modified a couple of overhead moves. Total time was 48 minutes which is a bit more than the actual workout for making notes as I had it written out ahead. 94 calories, heart rate 93/138, 683 steps. I also did Lindsey Samper #1 neck and shoulder pain and the add on (not sure what number)36 minutes, 40 calories, heart rate 77/92. I needed to get done before the freezer guy came. I ended up paying over a hundred dollars for a service call and did not get it done. It wasn't guaranteed fixable and would have been 385 dollars total. We will just think about getting another freezer because all he would have done is steam the new gasket we put on and try to bend the door as it was bowed out a bit on the bottom. So, it was a waste. My husband and I went out to lunch and ran errands.
Coffey Fit Raw Weights 2 2020

42:18 minutes supersets uses a bench or step
8,10,12 lb dumbbells 45 seconds for each exercise most 2 sets

Warm up

Legs

Squats 12# dbs 11 reps; 12 reps

Plie squats 12# dbs 12 reps pulses; 11 reps holding each

Deadlift hips back/squat/up 12# dbs 12 reps; 12 reps

Upper Body/ Abs

Bench press 12# dbs 12 reps; 12 reps

Explosive reverse flys seated 12# dbs 16 reps; 14 reps

Pullover stopping over chest 12 # dbs 12 reps; stopping past chest 12 reps

Seated supination curls Kelly lowers to 10’s I used 12’s 12 reps; 12 reps

Palms our curls (W curls) 10’s me 12’s 11 reps; 12 reps

Sit up push weights overhead on bench 10# dbs 11 reps; 12 reps I just held the weights and did the sit ups no overhead

Leaning back seated on bench hammer curls 1 set 10 # dumbbells

Russian twist holding 10# dbs seated on bench with knees up 1 set

Legs

Front lunges alternating 12# dbs 14 reps; 15 reps

Reverse lunges alternating 12# dbs 14 reps; 12 reps

Side lunges alternating 1 12# db 16 reps; 16 reps

Upper

Tate press 8# dbs 14 reps; 16 reps

Bentover lateral raises 8# dbs 13 reps; 14 reps

Bentover seated lateral raises 8# dbs 14 reps; 16 reps

Seated overhead press to triceps extension 8# dbs 13 reps; 14 reps

Abs on mat side to side crunch ; right/center/left center ; crunch/knees in/reverse crunch and hold 4 count; leg raise/knee in/legs out

Belinda, nice work finishing Lift 4 today.

Doreen, it sounds like she puts a lot into planning her workouts. The squat and kneeling move alternating move looks tough. It does look like a good workout. I wish I could follow a program, but with the arthritis problems I find I am always having to change the plans. They have rotations set up and daily workouts on the Kelly Coffey facebook group, but I don't follow them. I tried at first. I look and see what they are going to do and sometimes I will do the workout for that day.

Jolie, I am usually up and back working out fairly quickly after surgeries too. I think because we are already working out and do take care of our health that it makes a huge difference as compared to the average healing process. An 80 year old woman that is one of my friends from church had shoulder replacement surgery and she is doing wonderfully, but her doctor had her start drinking some healthy concoction of ingredients with tumeric, garbanzo beans and a bunch of stuff before and after as he said she would heal quickly. Also she is into natural products and supplements. I guess it depends on where you live on the surgery. My brother lives in Florida and he had surgery set up for knee replacement and that fell through because of insurance and 3 weeks ago he managed to go to another surgeon and got his first knee done. He is hoping to get back and get the other done soon. Maybe scheduling after you get moved would be better for recovery unless the pain is just too unbearable.

Good morning,

I forgot to mention I did SBF D12 TB Interval = 32 min too. Today I did SBF D13 W2 Adv. LB Circuit + Booty 2 = = 30 min total.

Jolie - thank you! I will take a active recovery week next week. I need one. After that I will start Cathe's May 2020 rotation. I will do 1 boot camp and 2 full body workouts a week. How about you?

Debbie - I hope all is well. You haven't checked in in a few day's.

Diane - thank you! Good job with your workout .

That's it for me today. I will try to check in later.

Today I had a fantastic workout, CL #25 Strong Upper Body and Core. I love this workout, your muscles are really tired by the time you are done with the workout. Each set is x 12 reps and it is in a Tri-set type of layout. Workout was 1 hour, I paused a few times and I burned 429 calories. I could have gone heavier on a few exercises but I am so sore from the Athletica workout I just needed to go with lighter weights today. Heart rate was 115/155.

Belinda, great job on the workout today. Your rotation that is up next looks amazing. I would do it with you but I am having a terrible time with the cyst on my ankle and foot that it is really painful so no impact right now. I cant wait to have it either removed or drained, just waiting for an MRI to tell us that it is in fact a cyst.

Diane Sue, When I get a surgery date, I am going to load up on supplements that wont interfere with thinning the blood and then really load up once the surgery is over. I have been dealing with this pain for so long that I am excited to get to the bottom of the problem and get it fixed.

BBL to read your posts.

Have a wonderful Saturday, the beach is gorgeous today!

Hi all, all is good here, we are recovering from the siding. We finished the one side on Wednesday and now we're just relaxing and taking it easy.

I'll be back on Monday, looking forward to my workouts!

Our air went out for upstairs and I worked out with it 86 this morning in my workout room. Add tired to that as Gertie (my dog) woke us up barking because Amazon delivered a package at the door at 8:30 and I had went to bed at 1:40. Anyway, I did Raw Cardio Crush #2 outdoors workout(still do not get why I am not getting a better reading for this) 32 minutes, 146 calories, 116 average, 158 max heart rate, 2,879 steps. I just don't get it as there are jacks and squat thrusts and it is a really active workout. I kept moving my Fitbit around and it picked up to the high right at the end. It annoys me. I then did Cathe Step Boss I Max 4 timesaver no blasts, 29 minutes (actual 27 as I had to run downstairs and let the dog out and wait because it is too hot to leave her out) 126 calories, heart rate 111/131 2,552 steps. I guess Fitbit was just not doing well or my heart rate was just staying lower. Although I generally don't get a lot of calories with the blasts. Maybe a 100 more. Total time 61 minutes, 5,431 steps, 272 calories. I was going to do the Step Boss Chair stretch, but by the time I was done I just wanted to shower and go downstairs. Maybe later. I made a Sprouts run and now am enjoying a fan and cooler downstairs temp. My neck hurt so excruciatingly bad last night. Much better this morning though. Thankfully. I am hoping taking GLA supplement Borage oil will help some.

Belinda, nice work on SBF workouts yesterday and today.

Jolie, I always cut back a lot of my supplements before surgery other than collagen and extra protein along with a multi vitamin. Most of my supplements can be blood thinners that I use for arthritis and now heart. Glad you had a great workout with CL 25.

Debbie, I am glad to hear you are okay. I was worried all of that work would be a set back for you.

I did Sydney Cummings Upper Body Pull workout today. This is the complement to the Upper Body Push and HIIT from a couple days ago.

Of course I liked this one better but that's because I like back work better than chest work.

Yesterday I didn't post but my son and I did some mountain biking trails at Mount Herman Preserve. Really enjoyed those trails - some uphill but lots of flowing trails through the trees and scrub oak.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.