Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2020

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Can't believe it's already July. Went for a short walk before it gets too hot for a walk. I also did SBF Day 3 Leg work using barre moves = 30 min. I am enjoying Susanne Bowen's workouts again. My body always liked her workouts.

I will be catch up on personals. Getting ready to finish up my kitchen, we started painting it.

Happy Hump Day, everyone.

Reactions: WD
I did a Garage Fitness workout on YT this morning. Really liked this one. Its 50 sec strength/ 30 sec cardio repeated 2x then new grouping. Some of the cardio was with DB so I slowed the moved down for more strength based.

Circuit 1
1️⃣Push-up with DB Drag
1️⃣DB Skier Swing
*15 seconds rest
2️⃣DB Front Hold Fwd Lunge
2️⃣DB Piston Row
*15 Seconds Rest
3️⃣DB Stiff Leg Deadlift
3️⃣Crab Toe Touch
*15 Seconds Rest
4️⃣DB Sumo Squat to High Row
4️⃣Sprawl to Donkey Butt Kick
*15 Seconds Rest
5️⃣Alt DB Curl with Double Lower
5️⃣DB Burpee Punch
*15 Seconds Rest
6️⃣DB Straight Leg Situp & Press
6️⃣Twisting Mt Climber
*1 minute rest
Circuit 2
1️⃣DB Alternating Snatch
1️⃣Lateral Burpee Over Dumbbell
*15 Seconds Rest
2️⃣DB Sumo Squat Hold to Front Raise
2️⃣Jump Squats
*15 Seconds Rest
3️⃣DB Overhead Step Back Lunge
3️⃣DB Piston Press
*15 Seconds Rest
4️⃣DB Row to Tricep Kickback
4️⃣DB Weighted Jacks
*15 Seconds Rest
5️⃣DB Goodmorning to Squat
5️⃣DB Squat Hop Burpee Man Maker
*15 Seconds Rest
6️⃣DB Side Plank with Lateral Raise
6️⃣Hollow Body Rock

Today I actually did a Cathe Live workout and did the one Jolie mentioned. It was CL #302 - Burn Sets: Back, Chest & Shoulders. Wow, great workout. This one is slow and heavy and I really enjoyed it. Here is how it went:

Most exercises unless marked differently was 12 reps. 9 rounds, each different with the exercises except the Warmup set and Round 2.

WarmUp Sets:
One Arm Row:
15#
Dumbbell Press: 15's
Front Raise: 10#

Round 2
One Arm Row:
25#
Dumbbell Press: 25's
Front Raise: 15#

Round 3
Pullovers:
20#
Dumbbell Flies: 25's
Seated Overhead Press: 15's

Round 4
Double Arm Row:
20's
Incline Dumbbell Press: 25's
Rear Delt Flies Drop Set: 12's (12, 10 reps) 10's (8reps)

Round 5
Triple Rows Overhand:
15's - 6 sets
Incline Dumbbell Flies: 25's
Side Leaning Lateral Raise: 15#

Round 6
One Arm Row w/Rotation:
15# (should have used at least a 20# DB)
Close Grip Bench Press: 20's
Upright Rows: 15's

Round 7
Triple Rows Underhand:
15's - 6 sets
Pushups w/Shoulder Tap: 12 reps (I did regular pushups on toes)
Seated Lateral Raise: 8's

Round 8
Vertical Grip Pullover:
25#
Drop Set Pushups: 12 reps on toes/10 half toe, half knees/8 reps on knees
Standing Iron Cross: 5's

Round 9
Supermans:
3 sets/12 reps different ways (I did 1 set)
2/2 Count Pushups: 12 reps
Seated Scarecrows: 3's

Workout was 58 minutes (actually 48 min. but I paused a few times and had to write down exercises), burned 334 calories (now that's what I'm talking about!), HR was 121/178. My HR really did get up there, this was an excellent workout.

Walked on my treadmill for 22 minutes, burned 137 calories, went 1.05 miles and did 2567 steps. HR was 117/128.

Jolie - LOL on your dog. So I have a mouse story, this happened on Monday. I have a large plastic cup to get my bird seed out of a container we have so I scooped up a cup full and went to put it in the bird feeder. So I start dumping it around the edges of the feeder and a mouse falls out of the cup!! WTH? So after I jumped back because it startled me, the mouse was on the ground not moving. It was still alive but barely, I think it was in the bird seed for some time and was probably about suffocated. It moved to a rock and I went in to get my camera and when I went back outside I couldn't find it. So then a while later I come home from shopping and I walk down the driveway to get my mail and I ran over the stupid mouse, it was smashed on the gravel!! So that thing must have been barely alive because it didn't go too far after the original dump. LOL! Poor thing, I felt so bad. Nice job with your workout yesterday! Your made up workouts with your rowing machine look like they will be really good. Hope your son doesn't have COVID, this stuff is getting really scary.

Roselyn - Sorry the boxing of your MIL's stuff has been so stressful, that is horrible how people hoard like that. Wow on the boxes of jewelry, that is crazy! Hope your daughter recovers soon.

Diane - Is Step Sync a Kelly workout? I'm thinking it's Cathe. Glad you were able to vote. This COVID stuff is getting scary, everything is blowing up again. I keep thinking after the November election it will disappear, but I'm not so sure anymore. I am worried about what is happening, it scares me. I will have to check out Power Up, I don't like overhead presses either, but I do them. It's always good to find a workout without them.

Belinda - I can't believe it's July either, goodness, where is the time going? Good job with your walk and workout!!

Doreen - Good job with your workout this morning!

Going to Ulta later, love that store!! Have a great day everyone!

It's raining again!!! It is like I live in Hawaii or something... Today I put together my own workout so I could incorporate lifting with my rowing machine. I did a circuit workout, 3 rounds, 25 rows pm the highest resistance in between weight sets, workout was 1 hour and I burned 457 calories. I liked the workout but I feel like I didn't lift enough. I am sure I will be sore tomorrow because I haven't rowed that much in awhile.

Warm Up
1. Chest Press- 20's x 16, x 14, x 12
25 rows
2. 1 Arm Rows- 25# x 16, x 14, x 12
25 rows
3. Seated Overhead Press- 15's x 16, x 14, x 12
25 Rows
4. Bicep Curls- 15's x 16, x 14, x 12
25 Rows
5. Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 16, x 14, x 12
25 Rows
6. Leg Ext.- 50# x 16, x 14, x 12
25 Rows
ABS, Bicycles, crunches, leg raises - numerous reps of each exercise, 1 exercise per circuit round.
25 Rows
7. Dead Lifts with a slight bend in the knee- 35# BB- x 16, x 14, x 12

I will be doing this type of workout for the week and then see what i want to do next week. I like incorporating cardio equipment in with weights. I talked to my Orthopedic yesterday and he thinks the lump on my foot is a cyst. It is in a bad area because of veins and nerves so they might want to try to drain in instead of removing it. He referred me to a Foot Doctor to see if i should have a MRI done so that appointment is in a week and a half. He thinks the uphill walking is irritating it so i should not do as much and do more cross training with my elliptical and rowing machine. He was a cool man, he does triathlons so he really understands my need to feel good and workout. He did the Iron Man in Hawaii last year!

Debbie, I am so glad you tried the CL workout today, it looks so good. Once she posts the Biceps and Triceps version of that workout i will be doing both in one week. Great calorie burn, we tend to burn more calories lifting heavy. As i am typing my upper body is feeling sore from all of that rowing :)

Belinda, way to go on your workout. How many more weeks do you have of that rotation?

Diane Sue, Overhead presses are my favorite exercise! Nice job with the workouts lately, you are doing really well and not having any issues in your upper back!

Roselyn, i bet it is tough going through all of those things in your MIL's house. I hope your daughter is recovering nicely.

Doreen, Another great workout!

What is everyone doing for the 4th of July? My husband has to work for about 6 hours and then we are going to a golf resort in Laguna Beach for some drinks, live music and an early dinner. I just read that they are closing some beaches so that will be crazy! I am going to workout while my husband works and then enjoy the rest of the day. It is supposed to be sunny so cross your fingers for me.

Have a nice day.

I just finished Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Crush #2 for the second time this week. Much better than it was Monday with the Fitbit. I knew it was way off then and wanted to repeat it. This was 32 minutes, heart rate 132/169, 179 calories and fitbit did not drop out on me this time. 3,184 steps. Lots of fun, but I was surprised they were doing that jumping and squat thrusts on driveway pavement. I followed this with Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #5, 24 minutes, 120 calories, 1,706 steps, heart rate 126/156. Love this one. I used 10# dumbbells and a 10# kettlebell for overhead moves (there are two) otherwise I used 15 nd 20 # kettlebell for the swings, 20 for the figure 8's (forgot how long it goes and fast paced), 10 and 12 # dumbbells for the rest of the dumbbell moves. Bench presses have become hard for me because they hurt the front of my shoulders :( Total time was 56 minutes, 299 calories (should have jumped around for a couple minutes LOL) 4,890 steps. I have to get out to the store and try to get back when my husband wakes up so I can spend time with him before he goes to work.
Belinda, nice work today. I am glad you have found workouts that are working for you. I need to do some painting and would if I had the paint here. Too bad I can't have that delivered. I suppose Home Depot would, but color match might not be right.

Doreen, that looks like a tough workout. Nice work today.

Debbie, nice work with Cathe's Lite weight work today. Step Sync is from Cathe's Step Boss set of workouts. Low Impact step. I like these, but the I Max 4 low impact sure does not give me many calories whether my watch is picking up on heart rate or not. They were saying that now China has some swine flu going. Fox said it has been going for awhile and not too much of a worry at this time. I swear they use this stuff to scare people from the polls and whatever else. Everytime they mention something the store shelves start emptying . Don't get me wrong I am concerned and people are taking precautions. We have to be the cleanest and most disinfected people now. LOL on your mouse story. I went to the grocery store a couple of weeks ago and noticed a red splat on the garage floor where my husband parks. Funny I left and did not notice till I came home. It was a flattened frog. I texted him and said I was not cleaning it. He kept leaving and forgetting and after a couple of days it was gone. I guess the frog stayed on his tires. I don't skip all of the overhead presses, but if my neck and shoulders are really feeling it I do another move after a few reps.

Jolie, nice work today. It is nice to have a doctor that understands. My knee surgeon understood. He was an avid runner and told me to cross train. Encouraged me to get back to doing what I like to do. Those cysts can really be a problem when they are in bad areas and can cause inflammation. I had to have one removed off of the side of my knee. I have a 5 inch scar from that. That was years ago and my doctor sent me to a surgeon that specialized in sports injuries. Overhead presses and working shoulders used to seem easy to me and I could go really heavy. I can get away with some moves, but too much and it stresses and I think compresses the neck which sets a lot of pain off. I don't think that will ever go away, but I sure do keep working on trying to help keep the muscles relaxed and doing things to help open up the space that is narrowed.

Jolie - ouch! Sorry about your foot. I hope you feel better soon. I am finishing up week 7 on Friday. I will start the final week 8 next week. I am thinking doing Cathe's May rotation next. https://cathe.com/forum/threads/may-2020-rotation.314583/

Debbie - Cathe will be doing “Burn Sets: Biceps and Triceps on live. These workouts look very good. WTG, on your workout today.

Diane - yes, it would be hard to match paint if you can't see it. We should get done with the kitchen tomorrow. I hope. Good job today.

Good morning,

SBF Day 4 Upper Core 2 = 30 min plus L4 Week 7 Day 3 Shoulder + Arm Circuit is done.

BBL!

ICE Rock 'em Sockem this morning. Its been a while so I forgot while I enjoy this one there is something wrong with the audio on my download. I don't know if the DVD is the same? So I just kinda have to ignore what she is saying because the words are behind the video.

No workout tomorrow! My daughter wants to try to hike Pike's peak - so 13 miles of 6000 feet of ascent and then descent to summit the 14,110 ft peak... wish me luck! We'll leave early in the morning and it will take us most of the day if we make it. And for funzy facts part of the trail we will be on was in one of the Fast & Furious movies

Today I did the second workout of Kelly's Amped Up Cardio #2. OMG, these workouts are so fun, I loved it. So much energy and you can tell how much she loves having an audience (class). I bet she is a lot of fun in her face to face classes.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 200 calories, did 3052 steps and HR was 127/153. Fun stuff.

Walked on my treadmill for 22 minutes, burned 136 calories, went 1.04 miles and did 2557 steps. HR was 116/143.

Then I did half of the Julia Maria Episode 18, Reducing Neck and Shoulder Pain. I got really dizzy doing it and had to stop, but what I did do I liked. I don't know what is going on with this vertigo crap lately, I can't lay on the floor anymore without feeling like I'm going to puke. I like Julia and this workout did loosen my shoulders, they were really tight from yesterday's workout.

Jolie - Great workout yesterday, you did a nice job with it. Nice calorie burn, too. Ouch on your foot, I hope it won't be a big deal of a surgery. Amazing what happens to our bodies when we keep doing the same things. I'm still having issues with my stupid elbow, and I'm sure it's from boxing and traditional dumbbell curls.

Diane - Nice job with your workouts yesterday. Maybe while you are doing chest presses your arms are too close to your shoulders? Maybe try to keep them a little below your breast line, that might help. I guess presses do work the shoulders, though but they never bother me. Yes, I heard about the swine flu thing in China, I'm sure it will be here before too long. Unreal. They won't have any population if they keep releasing viruses like that. I'm still very worried about my job. They are now saying that schools will do a split virtual and in class year which will really make my job almost impossible. Aww, poor frog. I love frogs and toads. We have a lot here in our yard and I love seeing them when I water.

Belinda - Awesome on Cathe doing the Biceps and Triceps on live, I was wondering if she was going to. I hope she films it today so I can do it tomorrow. I am very sore today, that was a great workout. I highly recommend it to those who subscribe to CL. Great job with your workouts today!!

Doreen - Have fun on your hike!! Don't wear Converse shoes. LOL! (You'd have to see my post from Tuesday to know what I'm talking about!)

Have great workouts everyone!!

Debbie - glad you enjoy the workout. The Biceps and Triceps is up on live. Can't wait to give this one a whirl soon.

Doreen - I can check my download. Do you remember where it does it? I never noticed anything on the dvd.

Finished my workout. I slept way to late, but I guess I needed it after the head and neck pain. I did Raw Step 3 changing up the weight a bit so no overhead shoulder presses or upright rows. I just did side to side squats and biceps curls for those spots. this was 44 minutes, 217 calories, heart rte 123/158, 4,375 steps. I then did Merge Yoga Good Posture neck and shoulder focus just the first half which is neck focus, 33 minutes, heart rate 74/88, 33 calories. I liked most of this as there was a lot of making sure you are lengthening through the neck and some tractioning through moves. The part I was worried about is the lying on a yoga block and tilting the head back to the floor and lying there. I could not do this withough supporting my head with my hands and not going back so far. It was painful. Hopetully it was all good and I don't pay for it in the end. Also, I have read that plow is not a good move for the neck. I will be using it more providing it does not lead to another day of pain. I will try the neck later. I also have another marked that I wanted to do. Total time was 77 minutes, calories burned 250. I will be back in a while.

Today is a rest day, I wanted to walk but since I am trying to give my foot a break I just took the day off :). Tomorrow will be similar to the workout that I did yesterday, I will just change the exercises but I will still use the rowing machine.

Debbie, nice job on the workout today. The new Cathe Live Burn Sets, Biceps and Triceps is up so you can do that one soon. I will maybe do those next week, they look great.

Doreen, please be careful on that hike with your daughter!!!!

Belinda, I will check out the Cathe rotation to see what you are going to be doing for your next rotation.

Roselyn, my son gets tested today for covid at football. Are you going to do the CL Burn sets workouts that Debbie has done? They look amazing, like old Cathe DVDs.

Diane Sue, great job on the workout today and i got up late too, slept so good last night :)

Have a great day. It is finally sunny here so the 4th of July just might turn out to be beautiful at the beach.

Belinda, nice work today.

Doreen, I think Rock em Sock em is the one that I have problems with the dvd even wanting to play in my player sometimes. I don't know why. I take it out wipe it and sometimes that works, sometimes play something else and then put it in. I have been to Pikes Peak, but I don't think hiking it sounds all that fun LOL. Enjoy! I do not like heights that much.

Debbie, I remember Kelly posting and someone else posting some move to do to stop vertigo. If it keeps up you might want to check with your doctor. I love Amped Up Cardio. When I first got it I did it a lot and it was my go to cardio when I wasn't feeling it. Somehow it just picked me up :) I want to try the shoulder portion of the yoga workout I did today. Funny, I thought since it was neck related that I would be able to do it with hair color on my head, but she did a lot of stuff with hands on the neck and head applying some pressure. I thought I would get two things done at once and save time.
I have tried working with my arms lower down, as Kelly has mentioned this. I used to always try to hit my upper chest and found out that was not a good thing. Even close grip triceps type presses hurt. The physical therapist said there was a nerve that runs down the arm from my neck and shoulder and I think that is the problem. I had never had that before. I try to be careful because I don't want that to start up again because it makes it difficult to sleep. I had to fall asleep on my back with arms straight at my sides and palms up to get the pain to let up. It really radiates close to my underarm, low in the front. I try to protect the toads and frogs from my dog when I see them out around my planters. They are good for getting rid of insects.
I am not sure about our schools. My daughter that teaches has training sessions next month and I will be watching her children on those day. Will, be curious how they are going to do this. I was hoping the heat would kill off this virus :( I scheduled an appointment to fix my freezer online which will be a week from now and they asked all of the Covid questions. I thought it was sort of funny since you would think they would ask closer to time to do the service call. I also told them the freezer is in the garage. My husband found someone that has cattle and is going to buy beef from, so I need to get the freezer fixed as it frosts up heavily in a couple of days. It needs a new seal gasket.

Roselyn, I am glad that your daughter is recovering. She has had it for awhile so I am sure getting back on top of it will take awhile. I remember it taking me 6 weeks to recover from a bout of flu followed by pneumonia once. Just couldn't do much.

Jolie, good idea to take a rest day. I got over 7 hours of sleep which is a rare thing for me. I felt so much more energetic when I got up this morning. I wish I would sleep like that all of the time.

Good morning,

L4 D4 Full Body Hiit = 37 min plus SBF Day 5 Cadio Barre 4 = 31 min is done.

I will be back with personals.

Today is NOT a good morning, I am so tired I cant even workout! We apparently have more mice in our house and my dog was searching for them all day yesterday and last night, no one got any sleep! He was barking and scratching so loud we all were looking for the mouse in the middle of the night. We saw it but it got away and now he is doing the same thing today. I managed to get out and walk 2 miles but that's it. I will workout tomorrow because my hubby is working the first part of the day and I will workout Sunday too. I will at least get 4 days of workouts in this week if all goes well.

Belinda, nice workout today. Do you ever track your calories burned?

BBL to read your posts.

Happy 4th of July weekend!

My workout is finished and need to run errands. Today I did Coffey FIt Raw Cardio Tone stopping at the floor work, 20 minutes, 104 calories, 2,146 steps, heart rate 124/156. I then did Cathe Fit Split Mixed Impact cardio only, 28 minutes, 138 calories, heart rate 120/154, 2700 steps. I finished with Kelly Coffey Muscle Up abs bonus, heart rate 96/ 122, 147 steps, 28 calories. I forgot how tough this was and all of the plank moves. Ouch. Trying to avoid the shoulders. That Merge Posture yoga hurt and the shoulders was just not good for me. She has her head way back a lot. I won't do it again. I did the shoulder portion before I went to bed and could feel it in not a good way this morning. Anyway total time today 63 minutes, 270 calories, 4,993 steps.

Jolie, so sorry about the mice. I had that happen once when a neighbor parked a trailer full of rotted looking fencing in the street. I ended up putting bait traps behind the refrigerator and I kept out some of those sticky traps at night (don't work well as they can get off) and blocked the dogs from the area. I caught several mice before it was all done. Gertie would do the same thing.

Belinda, nice work.

Jolie - sorry about the mice. Hope you find it soon.Yes, I track my calories on Myfitnesspal.Do you track your calories?

Diane -nice work.

Real quick, I have been very busy today so no time for personals, hopefully I can be back later.

Today I did CL #304 - Burn Sets: Biceps & Triceps. Great workout, but it really bothered my elbow. Dammit, sick of all these aches and pains. And the lying triceps work put pressure on my shoulders, I really felt it today. I've been wiping down siding for our house since it was stored for a couple years and got really disgustingly dirty and my shoulders and upper back are killing me again. So this workout pushed me over I think. My left shoulder is so tight I can hardly put my arm behind me. Not good, not sure what is going on there. I will rest this weekend and since my hubby is home this coming week, I may just take another break. I think my body needs it again.

Anyways, loved the workout, it was really good. Slow, heavy with 10-12 reps. I'll be back in this post later to type out the exercises.

Ok, here is the workout, all exercises were 12 reps unless I wrote something different:

Alternated biceps and triceps exercises

Standing Curls: 15's
Overhead Triceps Extension: 25#
Seated Double Arm Curls: 15's
Incline Close Grip Dumbbell Press: 15's
Alternate Sweeper Curls: 20's - 10 reps
Double Arm Sweeper Curl: 15's - 4 reps
Incline Skull Crushers: 12's
One Arm Concentration Curls: 15's - 10 reps
Cross Body Extensions: 12#
W Curls: 12's
Flat Close Grip Dumbbell Press: 20's (probably shouldn't have done this so heavy)
Seated Alternate Hammer Curls: 15's - 10 reps
Double Arm Hammer Curls: 15's - 2 reps
Concentric Triceps Pushups: Fast up/Slow Down - 10 reps (this killed my front shoulder, stopped at 7)
Concentric Biceps Curl: 15's - 10 reps
Eccentric Triceps Pushups: Slow up/Fast Down - 10 reps
Eccentric Biceps Curl: 15's - 10 reps (only did 7, elbow started to really hurt)
One Arm Kickbacks: 8's
Reverse Curls: 12's
Weighted Dips: Tons of reps, I used no weights

Workout was 45 minutes (really 39 min.), burned 207 calories, HR was 107/165.

Also got on my treadmill.

Jolie - Set traps, just keep them away from where your dog can get to. We have that a lot here and if our cats don't catch them, the traps do.

Hope you all have a great evening!!

Last edited:
Debbie, sorry about your elbow and tightness. I am really having problems with my neck and shoulders the last couple of days. I wish I had just done usual yoga and not tried something else yesterday as I think it just increased pain rather than help things. I hope a break helps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.