Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2019!!

I had my grandson overnight and this morning I did a short workout, Coffey Fit Raw Intervals 3, 27 minutes, 174 calories, heart rate 124 average, 152 max, 1,819 steps. I did not want to spend time while he was awake working out and needed to get started on birthday cakes for tomorrow. I like this interval workout the cardio step moves hit lower and then there is a really light quick paced upper move followed by a heavier slower pattern of the same type of move. I used 5# and 10#. Kelly uses 3# and 10#.

Debbie, your plans look good. I don't think we have to leave heavy lifting workouts behind, I just think those workouts need a longer time for recovery, so it is best to alternate them with things a bit easier on the body. The balance is definitely important. I looked at Kelly's new heavy bag workout awhile ago. It is around 40 minutes and looks good. Maybe I will do it Monday. I know some of those stretching poses really feel like I am forcing my body into something my body does not want to do for sure.

Belinda, that is great that you got to try Cardio Party. I think the Calorie Crush might have been a bit much since you are not feeling well. I was glad to be done with the antibiotics I was taking. They said to take them on an empty stomach which made it difficult when I wanted to get up and have my coffee with cream etc.. Evenings were even worse and they did not settle well.
Thanks for posting the link for me. Now I don't have to go look for it. It has a lot of pages !!

Checking in late today, my parents came to finally celebrate Christmas with us and we had a great time. I did workout this morning and had an awesome one! Today I did Cathe Live PHA Workout, 56 minutes and burned 461 calories. This is s a circuit workout and I did 4 rounds. I am dead tonight! :)

Legs- Squat to Overhead Press- 10's x 14 ( 4 rounds of this circuit )
Rear Delt Flies- 10's x 14
Side Lunges 2 on each side alternating- 5's x 8 on each side
3 Bicep Curls to Shoulder press to 3 overhead triceps ext. down- 10's x 8 rounds
Warrior Slide Back Lunges- BW x 12 each side
Alt. Front raise, 2 front raises 2 arms to Alt. Lateral Raise to 2 Arm Lateral Raises- 8's x 6 rounds
Deadlifts BB x 30# x 14
Chest Press instead of pushups- 20's x 14

This was light weight but it was tuff stuff! My ribs are feeling so much better but still sore.

Diane Sue, nice job with the workout and I hope you had a good sleepover with your grandson. I bet you will do a nice job on the birthday cakes! Yum!

Happy Saturday.

Reactions: WD
It was 80 degrees here yesterday after a week of cold temps and a rain storm! Today is a bit cooler but beautiful.
Today I did Cathe Live Awesome Upper Body, a shorter high rep workout which I love and I added some legs and abs at the end. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 436 calories. I am supposed to workout till I hit 400 calories burned per workout if I have to do another warm up or walk or lift more per my coach. With the Cathe Live workouts I usually get close to 400 calories burned per workout anyway.

2 Rounds of each Giant Set x 16 reps next round x 12 reps

Triceps Cable Pull Downs- 50# x 16, x 12
Triceps Lying Ext- 10's
Chest Press- 20's
Close Grip Chest Press- 12's
Chest Flies- 12's
2 Close Grip Chest Press to 2 Chest Flies Combo- 12's x 6 rounds
2 Arm Kickbacks- 8's

Seated Overhead Press- 15's x 16 x 12
Lateral Raise- 8's
Iron Cross- 5's x 8 rounds
Rear Flies- 10's
Upright Rows- 12's

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 16, x 12
1 Arm Rows- 20#
1 Arm Horzt. Rows- 12#
Bicep Curls- 12's
Hammer Curls- 12's
W Curls- 10's
Reverse Curls- 8's

Squat Press- 8's x 16, x 12
Wide Stance DB Deadlifts- 15's x 16, x 12
Air Squats BW x 25

Lower ABS upper hurts my side and ribs

I hope you all have a nice Sunday. This is my last day with my son before he goes back to college so I have to get his laundry done and him packed, give him a haircut, go buy a ton of protein and weight gainer and pack up his Jeep. I will miss him terribly.

Go Patriots!

Good Afternoon,

I did LiiFT 4 WK4 D4 Legs all HiiT not my favorite but I needed the cardio then I did StudioSweat Spin Recovery Ride w/Mike 28 minutes 8.0 miles 320 calories burned. We had 3” of snow Friday night but had rain which turned to ice before the snow. We are headed out to DD’s to watch the AFC Championship GO CHIEFS!!!

Debbie, I think you will like Cathe live! Of coarse, she talks too much but I just lower the volume or I wear earbuds and listen to music if I have the workout written down and know what is coming. I am going to try the new workout called Twenty Five tomorrow, Roselyn did it and said it was fun. It is 25 different exercises in a row, total body workout. I love lifting everyday so lifting lighter allows me to and I get a great calorie burn everyday. Which one are you going to do? So many good ones :)

Good evening,

I did a Susanne Bowen Fitness 20 min Relaxation stretch.

Debbie - that is fantastic! Can't wait to hear what you think.

Jolie - that Twenty Five workouts sounds amazing. Have fun.

Roxie - the HiiT legs is growing on me. I do most of the high impact on my rebounder. Good job!

Good night everyone.

Today was a rest day. I kind of wish I had done something since yesterday was so short. Oh, well tomorrow is another day. I have grandchildren coming over in the afternoon. We had a lot of family and friend fun at the birthday here today. I liked the Whole 30 Turkey chili recipe that I made to go with the other chili :) I have enough left for a bowl tomorrow.

Debbie, I am sure you will find plenty to enjoy on Cathe Live. My only problem is not having worksheets and a list of moves other than the ones that I have written up. There are people that have the workouts and what they pretty much contain listed. The fun thing is there is so many workouts that it gives a lot to look forward too. I kept it for 3 months the last time. Then I was ready to move on. Still enjoying Kelly's and all of the different and unique ideas. I really want to do the Really Raw workout again. It was fun and Kelly's music was fun.

Jolie, I wish that I could get 400 calories in in the time frame that you do. I generally have to workout for 90 minutes + unless it is a long all out cardio workout. But, then I am short and don't weigh that much and my heart rate does not get up there easily. I am sure that you will really miss your son after having him home this long.

Roxie, nice work. Snow and ice is not nice when it is layered like that.

Belinda, I really like Suzanne Bowen Fitness stretch workouts. Nice job.

Yesterday I did an Yvette Bachman workout cardio and shoulders, I love her

Today was Lift it back, shoulders and biceps

great workouts everyone

School is going good, so far

Today I tried Cathe live and had so much fun. I felt like I was there with the rest of the class. It was a fun workout and I am feeling it. I did one Jolie did a week ago, Awesome Upper Body. It was a great workout and one that just keeps moving. I cannot believe how many workouts there are out there. Who needs DVD's when you have websites like Cathe and Kelly's?

Giant Set 1
Triceps Dips:
24 reps fast
Standing Overhead Triceps Extensions: 12's/10's - 12 reps
Pushups off Step: 16 reps
Close Grip Chest Press: 15's - 20/16 reps
Chest Flies: 15's - 10 reps
Close Grip to Chest Flies: 15's - 4 sets
One Arm Triceps Pushups: 16 reps each side
Repeat

Giant Set 2
Standing Overhead Press:
12's - 8 reps (but using 1.5 lifts)
Lateral Raise: 8's/5's - 12 reps
Iron Cross: 5's - 6 reps
Rear Flies: 5's - lots (using different rep speeds)
Upright Row: 12's - 16 reps
Repeat

Giant Set 3
Pullover:
20# - 8 reps (1.5 method)
One Arm Fly: 10# - 12 reps
One Arm Row: 20# - 12/16 reps
(the fly/row were put together on one side then the other, 2nd time exercises were switched)
Dumbbell Curls: 15's - 8 reps
Crazy Eights: 10's
W Curls: 10's - 8 reps
Reverse Curls: 10's/8's - 16 reps
Repeat

Workout was 44 minutes, burned 295 calories and HR was 129/174.

I also did the ab work from the original Body Max. That is a traditional ab workout and burns like crazy.

Diane - I know, I wish someone posted all the workout sheets for the live workouts. I did this one because Jolie logged it. I will do the other one she did last week too. I see she is going to try the new one that's out there, I may change my mind and do that one. I'm glad I subscribed.

I don't have time for personals again, I am heading to the doctors for a blood draw. I'll be back later though! Have a great workout today!!!

I think I'm going to try the LITE one month rotation. I started today with Cardio Party + Calorie Crush even thought I still haven't tested all the workouts. I got the workout cards printed off yesterday and into my binder so I'm all ready to go!

Debbie - I would agree - so many workouts now that instructors are going to live filming! I keep planning to try Cathe Live again but then feel that I need to do the workouts I have purchased!

I ran across a new workout series - T minus 30 with Hunter McIntire(sp) (winner of several Tough Mudders) that is online streaming only. It claims to train you for an obstacle race. Looks interesting. The site has a few other programs as well including, barre and yoga. I put it on my running list of stuff to try. I may never get through that list!! Ha!

Good morning,

L4 Week 3 D1 Chest/Tricpes 50/50 plus 2 mile walk is done.

Debbie - I agree! I don't buy dvd's anymore. Streaming opens up a new world. Everyday you have something new. How long did you sign up for? Eventually I will give her live a try. Everyone seems to like it :) Nice job on your upper body today.

Doreen - they also have a free trial. So many workouts and so little time. Eventually I will run through all of them free trials, lol.

Roslyn - nice job today. I love Yvette too. She reminds me of Cathe's workouts.

Diane Sue - glad you had fun at the birthday party and family.

That's it for me today.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Heavy Bag 41 minutes, 266 calories, heart rate average 132, max 169, 3,444 steps. I loved this. Kelly does different boxing combos 2 rounds of each, the second being faster paced and there are several cardio breaks from the bag to give the wrists a rest. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Real Raw skipping the warm up, 36 minutes, 190 calories, 724 steps, heart rate average 112, max 169 Total time was 76 minutes, calories burned 456 calories.
Raw weights Timed 30 work 10 rest
1 arm rows 15# db, 15# kettlebell, 20# kettlebell
bench press 2 sets 15# dbs
bench press 20# kettlebell single arm,
body weight squats knee up
15# kettle bell squat
20# kettle bell squats
squat knee turn turn
boxing side to side center punch, 5# boxing side to side punch, repeat
kettlebell swings 15#, 20#, 32#, 15#
skull crusher 15# dbs
triceps skull crusher with leg extension 15# kettle bell, 25# kettle bell,
30# kettle bell skull crusher no leg extension
lateral raise 12.5 # dbs 2 sets
20# kettle bell alternating upright row 2 sets
boxing/hooks then speed hooks
upper cuts then speed upper cuts
single leg deadlifts 15#, 20#, 32# kettle bells
abs on bench 15# get ups 2 sets
sit ups 15# kettle bell

Patriots to the Super Bowl!!!! I am so tired today, I went to bed wound up so I couldn't fall asleep and had to wake up at 4:30am to get my son off and back to school. He has a tough drive ahead of him with a lot of snow to go through, chains required or snow tires which he has on his Jeep.

I did Cathe Live Twenty Five and I think this is a unbelievable workout but it was very hard when you are as tired as I am. I should have picked something easier. Workout was 1 hour, 25 exercises which included a lot of legs and it had a nice stretch at the end. I burned 439 calories because I stuck some deadlifts and KB swings on at the end. Average heart rate was 124 and max was 172. I was breathing so hard and dripping wet by the end. I did not write down the exercises, it goes fast and their are a lot of compound exercises. This one is sure to burn some fat! :) Please keep in mind I burned a lot of calories because these were exercises that I don't typically do, and they killed me :)

Debbie, I am glad you liked the workout. I am loving them, I feel apart of the class the way they film it and walk around. I cant wait to hear what you think of her boxing workouts. You have to try PHA, Strong Upper Body and Core, Upper Body Sculpting, Total body Toning, Gloved up and Ready, Hardstrikes and Pump Party. There are so many to try, but so far those are my favorites. Enjoy! :)

Doreen, how as Las Vegas? Have fun with your LITE rotation this month. I have not heard of that new workout, I will check it out.

Diane Sue, I hope you get in a good workout today. I am having Italian veggie and bean soup I made yesterday for lunch today and I am going to get a green juice to sip on all day with a lot of ginger, Tumeric and cayenne.

Roselyn, nice job on you workouts and I am so happy that you are enjoying school! If I didnt live so far away I would have you do my hair :)

Have a nice day, be back later to read your posts that i am missing.

Jolie - good job this morning. Maybe you get a nap in later. Did you sign up for a year on Cathe Live? I can't wait to sign up after my BB on Demand runs out.

Belinda, I just pay for Cathe Live monthly, it's only $9.99 and it doesn't even sting each month for the payment. Shoot, it cost less then a glass of wine at when I am out to dinner! I am loving it, I want to get some boxing gloves at TJMaxx tomorrow so I can do the boxing workouts better. I have weighted gloves but they are too heavy for jumping jacks and other moves Cathe does during the workout. I do like to wear my 1 pound gloves during the heavy bag segment because it really chisels my arms and back :) I am going to continue with this program for awhile, I want to lean out for summer and I think these workouts are my best bet!

Jolie - wow!! that is cheap. $9.99 is very reasonable compare to other streaming sites. I really want to sign up once I am done with BB. I get overwhelmed with too many progams/streaming. I am afraid, I will overdue it with too many workouts. I am trying to cut back on working out over an hour. I hope you have more luck at your TJMaxx than I have. Haven't found anything fitness related in a long time. I have Cathe's weighted gloves. I agree, they do get heavy when doing jumping jacks or other overhead moves. Have you tried Amazon? Your daily workouts look amazing, I am sure you will lean out before summer. Keep up the good work! I many sign up very soon, lol. Really like the looks of all your workouts.

Today was a cardio day and I really wanted to run on my treadmill, however, my right hamstring is still not quite right. It was really tight the day after I did that yoga workout and last night I could feel the tightness pretty bad. I put heat on it which relieved it a bit and it felt ok this morning, but not great. I decided to bite the bullet and try running a bit. I did Kelly's RAW Home Gym Intervals #1. I figured this would be a good break-in run and only did my warmup jogging speed with this. I have to say, it felt really good to jog again, I've missed it so much. And this worked out great because I jogged for 1 minute and then did an exercise with 10# dumbbells for 1 minute. I didn't go heavy because I am very sore from Cathe's live workout yesterday (YES!) and I really just wanted to get the cardio factor in. I think I achieved what I set out to do.

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 205 calories and HR was 124/181. I did 1.5 miles total (not just on the treadmill but overall) and went 3079 steps.

I also stretched and foam rolled my right side, I can't believe how tight it still is, not sure why my muscles take such a long time to heal?

I watched Kelly's RAW Boxing workout while I was stretching, that looks like a lot of fun!!

Jolie - Wow, 80 degrees where you are!! Nice!! We were at 3 below zero when I got up this morning. We got over a foot of snow this weekend. It is nice to see, though, it is very pretty outside. Nice job with your workouts and thanks for the boxing/kickboxing workouts that I might like on Cathe live. I will surely try them eventually! Like Diane, I wish I could burn 400 calories like you do. Yesterday I burned just over 200 with Cathe. You're lucky your calorie burns are so high.

Roxie - Nice job with LIIFT4 Legs. I didn't get to do any of those. So did the Chiefs win? I haven't even seen a football score this weekend. I have no clue who's going to the Superbowl.

Diane - Glad you had fun with the birthday party this weekend, that is great!! Always fun to have family around. That Boxing workout of Kelly's looks really fun, looking forward to trying it.

Roselyn - I'll have to look into Yvette Bachman, sounds interesting. Great job with your workout! Update us on your schooling, I'm curious.

Doreen - I know, I feel the same way. But why not enjoy what's out there? Life is too short!

Belinda - Cathe is a monthly charge of $9.95 I think. Not bad for what you get on there. It is fun, I hope you try it out.

Well, you all have a great day and great workouts!!!

This morning, I did L4 Week 3 Day 2 Back/Biceps circuit plus SBF cardio barre.

Debbie - I will look into the Cathe Live once all my subscriptions run out. I get to overwhelmed with too many workouts. Glad you like them.

That's it for me today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.