Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for August 2018

Doz, nice work and the walk to Gnc. I am glad you are looking forward to the change.
Enjoy yhe grandkids and their friends :)

Roselyn, such a waste of life. Drugs ruin so many people's lives. Sending a prayer out for the family.

Today I did Treadmill Coach Bonus workout which is only 30 minutes but pretty intense, I did well with it. The more I do these workouts, the more I hate the music, which sucks because it makes me not want to them anymore. The first few times I did these workouts I was concentrating so hard on doing what Amy was telling me to do that I overlooked the music. Now that I know the workouts that is almost impossible For me, music make or breaks a workout. Oh well, it was still a good challenge.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 258 calories, went 2.19 miles and did 4401 steps. HR was 137/182.

I also did the ab work from Xtrain, I did Core #1 I think. That is another thing I don't like about STS, no ab work. For as long as the workouts are, I think Cathe could have stopped the weight part at 45 minutes and then did 10 minutes of abs. Wouldn't have hurt anything in my book! :)

Diane Sue - I will keep that in mind about zucchini, thanks! Nice job on your workout! I am tired of pushups too! How was the core work with Kelly and the stability ball? Was that a good workout? Did you feel it? A lot of time when I do core work on the ball I don't feel it - other than the inverted V's.

Jolie - Sorry about your headache, I've had one for a few days now and I think it's because I am so hot here at work. Sucks. Nice job with your workout and I love it when my bi's are sore!!

DOZ - Good going with what you did yesterday! Lucky you starting Meso 3. I'll be on Meso 2 in two weeks and am looking forward to it!!

Roselyn - So sad about your cousin. I have a cousin who's son is addicted to heroin and it is so sad. He gets clean for a while and then goes right back to it. He just recently got out of rehab again and we are hoping this will be it, but deep down inside I know it will be a lifetime struggle for him. So sad that it has gotten like this and it's not just young kids. Prayers out to your family.

Debbie, I like the core workout and feel it. She does fit in some pikes and knee ins. It also has some hip lifts lying down. I feel some of the moves more sincevshe shows some feet positioning that makes me feel more. Music an break a workoutvfor me or make me enjoy it a lot more. Kelly has another weight workout that she just filmed. It isnt up yet though. I think Cathe answer to the abs was the Sts ab dvd which ads another 18 to 20 minutes to the workout unless you do the no partner med ball one.

Today I started with a walk on the TM, 40 minutes, 2.2 miles, 6.0 incline to 7.0 going back and forth, 3.2 speed and I burned 377 calories. Next I did Back only. 4 exercises, 3 sets, 12 reps per set, 1 minute rest. Workout was 1 hour and I burned a total of 530 calories. Average heart rate was 128 and max was 167. This is the perfect way for me to workout. Not alot of dread factore and I get muscle gains quickly with good calorie burns. I need to keep my stress levels down or I will never lose weight.

BB Rows- 50# x 12, x 12, x 12
1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12, x 12, x 12
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 12, x 12, x 12
Rear Flies- 10's x 12, x 12, x 12

These were hard because my biceps are still so sore it was hard to pull! hehehe...

Debbie, way to go on the cardio and abs today! I have to be careful about which ab exercises I do because of my bulging discs in my back but I get them in at least every other day now.

Diane Sue, I don't think you posted your workout yet today so I will check back later. I had for breakfast today, Ezekiel Toast with avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and bagel seasoning for TJoe's. It was great! yum! I am so sick of eggs I just cant eat anymore for a few day!

Roselyn, sorry to hear about your cousin, prayers for the family! Great job on getting a workout in even though you were dealing with this issue!!!!

DOZ, way to go on the 100 rep challenges. I might have to do that at the end of each workout for a week or two just to burn it out!

Preseason Football for the NFL starts tonight so I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My son is doing well at football, getting changed to back up center for his red shirt freshman year from Left Tackle because he didn't make weight and he is better than the guy they have now. He lost the 25 pounds he worked so hard to put on the last 8 months prior to college from summer football camp. He was trained by an Navy Seal and a Special Forces coach and the weight fell off! He looks incredible even though he is too light for football this year. His quads are so big and ripped I am so jealous...

Today I did Cathe Live Vertical loading #2, 59 minutes, heart rate average 103, max 125, 1,256 steps, met 4.2, 273 calories. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Floor work as a finisher, 25 minutes, met 3.5, 100 calories heart rate 95 average max 130, 203 steps. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw stretch stopping at 22 minutes (I started feeling like I was spending too much time on the workout and had originally planned on doing only 15 minutes of the stretch, but like it so much I didn't want to stop there. This was 49 calories. Total time 1 hour 46 minutes, 422 calories.
Vertical loading #2 3 rounds of 6 exercises done twice
rnd 1
seated overhead press 12# dbs 16 reps first round 16 reps, 8 alternating reps then 8 reps 2nd round 16 reps only
biceps curls crazy 8s 10# first round, 12's second
seated overhead extensions 12# dbs 12 reps
squats and lunges first round done out of order as chest was supposed to be here 15# dbs 8 squats 8 lunge rt. 8 squats 8 lunge left second time a bonus of squats
incline chest press 12# dbs 16 reps second round 15#
Rnd 2
front raise 15# 12 reps second time 16 reps
incline curls biceps 15# dbs 12 reps, 16 reps second time
1 arm row they use 2 12's I used 25# db 16 reps
discs plank jacks push ups
discs rear slide lunge 12# dbs 16 reps
rnd 3
seated rear back flys 8# dbs 16 reps
preacher curls 12# dbs 12 reps
seesaw push ups
back and core superman on ball 24 reps ?
chest flys' 15# dbs 16 reps
alternating cross back lunge to 15 pulses and a bonus on second round 10# dbs
Coffey Fit Raw Floor work
she uses a loop band (fire
push ups to pull back
hip raises with band changing the move each set
sit up knee pull
triceps push down with loop kneeling
kneeling biceps curls with loop band

Jolie, the sandwich sounds good. I like to fry up sweet potato spiralized or diced in coconut oil and put a poached egg on top. I am not a breakfast eater though. I have my bone broth preworkout , Amazing grass greens, decaf coffee with coconut milk and sometimes I will mix some unflavored unsweetened whey into my coffee if I make it iced. For some reason it does not blend well with hot coffee. It cooks it. Sometimes I will have a bullet proof collagen bar post workout or I make a protein shake till I am ready to go make lunch. I made a brussels sprouts salad with walnuts and dried cranberries yesterday and that is what I will have for lunch along with protein.
I bet you are so proud of your son's accomplishments :) It sounds like he is doing well.

Halleluiah! I am done with STS Meso 1!!! Woo hoo!!! So tired of high reps. So glad to be done with it. Next week is my recovery week and I will just do light cardio and stretching.

Today was Legs and I had a pretty good workout. Knees felt better so I could do all the exercises. I also had time to do the extended stretch because I didn't do the bonus work.

Total workout was 60 minutes, burned 328 calories. HR was 113/146.

Diane Sue - Kelly's ab workout sounds good, I may try it. Nice job on your workout! The vertical workout looked tough. Are you enjoying Cathe's live workouts? Is it worth the price?

Jolie - Great job with your workout, I really like your format. I may do this after I'm done with STS. I like to get in, get it done and then still have time to do a treadmill walk or ab work. Nice job!!!! Hope your stress levels go down. Relax girlfriend, life is good!!!

Have great workouts everyone and a great weekend!!!

Today I am taking a rest day. We have two fires burning in my area. There was so much ash in the air yesterday that it looked like it was 8pm all day, so dark and the air quality was horrible. Today it is much better so I am going to wash off my patios and walkways, the ash is thick and I don't want it tracked into my clean house! I cant wait for Fall and Winter!!!!!!!!!

Debbie, Way to go finishing Meso 1! I love my workouts lately, I can get both cardio and weights in on the same day and that's what I like to do. I like to add in 1 or 2 leg exercises per day so I don't have to do just a LEG day. I dread a full leg workout so this takes away the dread factor.

Diane Sue, nice workout yesterday. I want to get a spiralizer so I can do something different with veggies. I made an Italian bean, sausage and veggie soup yesterday and it was awesome. Lots of Kale and Spinach with celery, carrots, potatoes, garlic, tomatoes and parm. cheese. Yum! I will check back later to read your post for the day.

Roselyn and DOZ, I hope you both have great workouts today.

Happy Friday!

This morning I did Cathe Live Cardio Fusion , 41 minutes, hert rate average 143, max 178, met 6.1, 276 calories, 3,913 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Crush, 32 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 161, met 5.9, 208 calories, 1,784 steps. I finished off with a Sarah Beth Yoga, 15 minutes, 33 calories. Total time 88 minutes, 517 calories. I need to get cleaned up and run to the bank before my daughter comes over.

Debbie, I really need to try more of the just weight workouts from Cathe Live. She has so many that mix in cardio blasts with the weights, circuits, and bootcamp. A lot of lower body with cardio much like a lot of her dvds. But, there is a huge variety and still the just weight ones. I keep looking for the ones that do not say high reps or moves quickly from one set to the next. I like it though. It sure leaves me spending time finding workouts and writing a lot of stuff down, so it uses a lot of my morning. Unless it is like today which was just cardio and I sort of previewed this one yesterday.

gym style back, bis and shoulders today

my husband and i are leaving tomorrow to go to Branson to meet up with a cousin and his wife until Tuesday. It will be a nice little getaway before the wedding so my exercise will be walking

Debbie, Kelly put up a run treadmill workout on Coffey Fit Raw. I don't think weights are involved in it.

Roselyn, have fun with your getaway.

Jolie, sorry you are having to deal with the air quality and the ash. That sounds really unpleasant. I had a hand turn spiralizer and finally purchased the attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer. It is so much easier for larger quantities. It also will peel and spiralize an apple into larger cuts leaving out the core. I made an apple dessert with it once. I use it mostly for sweet potatoes and zucchini. I had to learn how to choose the veggies and fruit for the best results. Too large does not work well as well as lumpy sweet potatoes are kind of difficult. It looks like we posted about the same time this morning :)

Roselyn- my goodness; how sad, so sorry to hear.

Thurs, I went for a walk.

Yesterday, STS shoulders biceps triceps, and I did 100 rep challenge I did back/ barbell rows, did some Squats and Plié.

This morning, got up early, bit to early, had to take my GS to football practice, afterwards went for a brief walk.

Nice workout you guys, much to do I have4GK And 3 dogs lol.

Have a wonderful day all.

Today I did Caffey Fit Raw Strong and Lean 48 minutes(45 actual) met 5.0 265 calories, 1,733 steps, heart rate 110 average, max 162. I loved this one. I then did Cathe Live Fit Tower Light total body from her last workout, 53 minutes, heart rate 96 average, 126 max, 766 steps, 222 calories, met 3.8. This used body weight for lower body and 3,5,and 8# dbs for upper. 487 total calories 1hr and 41 minutes.
Coffey Fit Raw Strong and Lean
Kelly uses a 33# barbell for most of it, 10# dumbbells, and a 20# kettlebell for kettlebells swings and figure 8's
warm up about 6.5 minutes
cardio punches/squat hops, then just punches front, up, low and all 3
barbell squats 45# my weight 10 reps
kettlebell 20# 20 reps double hand swings
cardio skate hop side to side ending in just hop side to side
biceps curls 45# barbell my weight 10 reps
kettlebell single arm swings 10 and 10 reps 20#
cardio shuffle then mountain climbers hands on barbell
deadlift Kelly used barbell I used two 30# dumbbells 10 reps
kettlebell swings alternating 10 reps 20#
cardio cardio insole slaps/butt kicker jog then just butt kicker jog
clean from the hip I lowered the bar to 35# here 10 reps
figure 8 kettlebell swings 20 reps 20#
cardio wood chop center and side to side then just center with jumps
Thrusters 35# barbell 10 reps
double swing kettlebell 20# 20 reps
cardio punches with a tuck jump
barbell bentover rows 45# barbell
alternating kettlebell swings 20 reps
cardio lateral step shoot ending with 8 reps of just shoot
dumbbell kickbacks I used 8# dbs 10 reps
kettlebell double hand swings 20# 20 reps/ alternating swings 20# 20 reps/ figure 8 20# 20 reps
cardio punch and skater , butt kicker jog, step side shoot
deadlift high pull 35# barbell 10 reps/clean from the hip push press 35# barbell 10 reps
abs and glutes
feet on barbell bridge 20 reps and then 20 pulses
feet under the bar sit ups 20
bench press 20 reps wide, then 20 reps close grip 35# barbell
I think I could have gone heavier with some of this and either need to have two barbells set up or use some dumbbells. Kelly says you can use either. The impact is not to high and the cardios are short.

Doz, nice workout and additions to it. Enjoy the time with the grandkids and dog :)

Last edited:
Debbie, I keep meaning to give you this link where tolazyforthegym has a lot of the Cathe live workouts reviewed and the moves and weights all written down. They stop early 2017 though. She has the two PHAT workouts but not the third one which I am hoping to do next week.

Happy Sunday. Today I started with a 40 minute walk on the treadmill, uphill 6.0 to 7.0 incline, going back and forth, 3.2 to 3.3 speed depending on the incline and I burned 364 calories. Next I did Shoulders, 4 sets and the last set TF. I ended with Deadlifts and Leg ext. This was an awesome workout, total time was1 hour 22 minutes and I burned 646 calories. Average heart rate was 122 to 165 max.

Seated Overheard Press- 20's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF (1 minute rest between sets )
Upright Rows- 17's x 12, x 10, x 8, x13 TF
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 12's x 12, x 10, x 8, 10 TF
Rear Flies- 12's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF
Deadlifts- 40# BB x 12, x 10, x 8, x 16 TF ( need to go heavier next time )
Leg Ext.- 50# x 20, x 18, x 14 x 13 TF

Wow, I feel great today!

Diane Sue, nice workout yesterday. Where do I go to do the Kelly RAW workouts, YouTube? I want to try some of these workouts when I am done with what I am doing now.

Roselyn and DOZ, nice job getting the workouts in the past couple of days!

Very hot and humid here today, stuck in the house with the air on again today! Yuck.

Jolie, that was a nice long workout :) I will go heavier next time I do the Kelly workout I did yesterday. The weights are low reps. You can sign up for her streaming on her website www.coffeyfit.com . Just scroll down a bit to subscribe. Right now it is only 6.99 for her summer price for a month. She still has a few first ones, maybe 6 or 7, I am not sure on Youtube that are free. They are also on her streaming and she has premixes from some of her later dvds on her streaming. You can see her progress with the streaming from the first till now. She has someone film now and the lighting is much better. Occasional guests with her. She uses the VHX channel. I think that is Vimeo. I downloaded it to my tablet and also have it on my roku. When I do it with the though it sends me from the VHX app asking for my email and then in my email for VHX I click log in. I just leave that email and do not go back to the vhx app itself each time. I just click the same email and it pulls the channel up, then I click on the little D for me in the right corner and my library.

Today I tried to do the running workout Kelly has on RAW (thanks Diane Sue!) and about 14 minutes into it my stupid video feed froze. I rebooted everything and it started working but then I had no sound. Very frustrating. So I did the tabata workout I have on my tablet which is 20 seconds on 10 seconds off, just like Kelly's running workout was and did that. Had an ok workout. I really get upset when our internet does that, it's junk. I need to call them and get a new modem.

Workout was 36 minutes, went 2.25 miles, burned 284 calories and did 4676 steps.

So I subscribe to Cooking Light, which usually has some good recipes in it. This month they had a section for breakfast foods and I wanted to try something different. I've been making a chocolate oatmeal which is fantastic but is pretty high in sugar. I found a recipe in Cooking Light called Apple Quinoa Bowl with Cinnamon Ricotta. Sounded awesome. So I made it up and am trying it right now. Not as good as it looks and certainly not sweet at all. It has a bland taste and you can barely taste the apples. Kind of bummed about it, I really thought it would be worth the 357 calories but nope, it isn't. The quinoa is dry, I can't really even taste the ricotta and I don't taste the cinnamon at all. :( I wonder who taste tests these recipes?? LOL!!

Diane Sue - Thanks for that link, I will check it out.

Nice workouts everyone!!! Hope you have a great one today as well!!

This morning I started with Coffey Fit Raw Just Step, 25 minutes, heart rate average 126, max 148, 2,177 steps, 166 calories. I then did Cathe Live PHA 3, 55 minutes(47 actual even though I previewed and had the workout written out) heart rate average 112, max 143, 1,626 steps, met 4.7, 285 calories. I finished with Suzanne Bowen's Relaxation Stretch from her Barre Amped Stretch and Strengthen dvd, 14 minutes, 31 calories.
Total time 94 minutes, 482 calories.
PHA 3 3 exercise groupings done twice (this is fairly quick paced with little rest other than between groupings to get weights ready. I set up two barbells and still adjusted a bit between groupings.
Group 1
crossback lunge with a db toss-12# db (Cathe 10#) 20 reps first round 16 reps 2nd round
barbell curls 40#(Cathe 35#) 16 reps , 10 reps 2nd round
front lunge leg lift 15# dbs (12# dbs Cathe) 16 reps ,12 reps 2nd round
overhead press 12# dbs 16 reps
rear delt flys 10# dbs 3 reps and stand not sure how many reps I did s(cathe does not repeat this in the 2nd round
Repeat all
Group 2
Deadlifts I used two 30# dbs (Cathe 30# barbell) 12 reps toes elevated
triceps extension standing 25# dumbbell (Cathe holds two 12#) 12 reps, 10 reps 2nd round
side to side lunge alternating 12# dumbbells (Cathe 10#) 16 reps, 12 reps 2nd round
push ups (down 2 up 2 singles ) 6 sets
squat toss 12# db (Cathe 10) 16 reps or 32 reps both sides 2nd round 12 reps or 24 both sides
lateral raise 8#dbs
repeat all
Group 3
Front squat heel elevated on 3# dbs 40# barbell (Cathe 30#) 16 reps
barbell upright row 31# (Cathe 30# my ez curl bar weights 11#) 16 reps
reverse lunge 15# dbs (Cathe uses 12#dbs) 12 reps
hammer curl 20# dbs (Cathe uses 15# and I think next time I will go lighter than I did because of pace) 12 reps
Barbell plie squats 40# barbell (Cathe uses 30#) 8 singles, 3 half and up done 3 times and 8 singles
1 arm row 25# (Cathe uses a 15 and a 10 together) 2nd round I used 30# db 16 reps
repeat all

Debbie, I hate when our internet drops out on me. So far streaming has been good. We were having terrible problems for awhile and I went through our internet provider's online check list and we needed an upgraded router. We went out an purchased one on their approved list and it cost us some dollars paying for them to send someone out because they couldn't do it online. It finally came to a worker calling his supervisor and the supervisor took care of it and called Cox cable and told them that they could not refuse it as it "was" on their list. That was the whole problem and they sent someone out two times before it was done. Not only that, but they tried to charge me twice for them coming out and I called and complained and they took one of the charges off of my bill. But, anyway it worked so much better when we upgraded. We got 5G to that we use for streaming only. Nice work today even if you had to switch. I hate wasting my time with frustrating things.

Today I did Biceps and Triceps. I had a great workout! Same format as yesterday, 4 sets and the last on is TF. I skipped legs and abs because I am short on time and this was good enough for the day. I forgot to set my Fitbit so I have no stats for today. oh well...

DB Bicep Curls- 17's x 12, x 10, x 8 x 18 TF
DB Seated Curls with a twist- 17's x 12, x 10, x 10, x 15 TF ( need to go heavier )
W Curls- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 13 TF
Lying Triceps Ext.- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 10 TF
Cross Body Ext.- 14's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 11 TF
2 Arm Kickbacks- 10's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF

Debbie, I hate having workouts fail because of internet problems. I love DVD's just for this reason. I have been doing my own workouts lately so i have no technical problems Hehehe... Nice job on getting a workout done anyways. Bummer on the breakfast recipe. I have been eating a peice of Ezekiel toast with avacado smashed on it with sliced tomatoes, cumcumbers and a little red onion with everything begal seasoning on top. I love it! It is so refreshing on these hot summer mornings.

Diane Sue, Thank you for the link and instructions for the Kelly Live Raw workouts. I will chech it out. Nice workout today. When are you having your colonoscopy? I am going to check out the spiralizer for my Kitchenaid mixer, that sounds like a good plan and I dont have to buy another appliance. I have not cupboard space so that would be helpful.

Roselyn and DOZ, I will check back in later to read your posts.

My son starts school tomorrow but his car is broken down and getting worked on so i guess he can drive my car till his is fixed. He gets out at 1:30pm each day so thats not so bad. I can workout without rushing and get my house cleaning and laundry done while he is at school.

Have a nice day.

Debbie, i would have dumped a bunch more cinnamon in it. I think quinoa is bland and so is ricootta. I am getting used to hardly any sweeteners or salt. Most things taste overly sweet to me.

Jolie, i keep my kitchenaid spiralizers on top of the refriger a tor so it is handy. I do not have much cabinet space either. I gave my hand turn spir a lizer to my granddaughter that just got married. I hate car troubles. I took my husbands Range Rover back to the shop today. He has my car at work. That vehicle is an albatross.
The colonoscopy is the 27th. We are celebrating my birthday along with my newly wed granddaughter and my son in law this Sunday. I will be able to eat that way :)

Today I walked on my treadmill for a bit and then attempted to do Kelly's RAW Stretch workout.

Walk workout was 30 minutes, went 1.5 miles, burned 162 calories and did 3648 steps.

I got about 12 minutes into the stretch workout, which I really was enjoying, and my stupid internet froze again. I don't think it's actually our internet, though, I'm starting to think it's Mozilla Firefox. Again, it stopped for a few seconds and then when it started back the voice was gone. I brought it up on my tablet and it worked fine on that so I tried to do a bit more of it but only got to like 18 minutes of the workout complete, though. Very frustrating. I'm glad this is my recover week because it really doesn't matter. But why is it happening?

When I get home later I'm going to try it on Google Chrome instead and see if it freezes on that browser. If it doesn't then it has to be something with Mozilla Firefox.

Diane Sue - That is what I'm trying to do, get away from so much sugar. Maybe if I get used to this quinoa apple pie stuff I will like it? Sometimes you have to acquire a taste for it. Your HR didn't get up much with Kelly's step workout, is it low impact? I'm hoping the new step boxing one I preordered isn't too high impact, but I notice she doesn't usually do a lot of high impact. I hope it's a fun workout. Great job on your workout!

Jolie - Nice job on your workout, looked fun!! I'm sorry to hear about your sons car, I can't believe kids out there are already back in school. Ours mostly start the last week of August and some are even going back after Labor Day.

Roselyn & DOZ - Hope you are having some great workouts!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.