Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for June, 2019

Today's workout was Coffey Fit Raw Kettlebell Dumbbell, 25 minutes, met 8.0, 139 calories, heart rate average 122, max 169, 1,255 steps. Coffey Fit Raw Just Step, 24 minutes, met 8.9, heart rate average 151, max 175, 168 calories. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw Upper Body Blast 30 minutes, met 6.2, heart rate average 107, max 151, 165 calories, 583 steps. Total time was 79 minutes, 472 calories, 4,081 steps
Raw Kettlebells and Dumbbells 30 sec each move done 3 times
squats 15# dbs
halos 20# kettlebell
3x 30 sec each
lunges 15# dbs
figure 8's 20# kettlebell
3x 30 sec each
deadlift 15# dbs suitcase style
double swings 20# kettlebell
3x 30 sec each
plyometric squat, lunge, squat 2x
pop squats 2x
split switches 2x
(back to kettlebell dumbbell)
reverse lunge 15# dbs
single arm swings singles then 3rd round alternating
3x 30 sec each
goblet squat 20# kettlebell
knee up twist 20# kettlebell
3 x
ends with non weighted moves and stretch

Upper Body Blast Raw(kelly does this as endurance but says you can slow down and lift heavier)
Done 30 sec each exercise 4 rounds
bench press 30# barbesll 3 sets 25# 1 set
shoulders seated overhead press 25# barbell , 12# dbs, 10,10# dbs

Flys 15# dbs 4 sets
lateral raise 12# dbs, 10,10 # dbs, 8# dbs
(my shoulders are fried from this weeks workouts)

skate curls 10# dbs all four sets
hammer curls done as squat curl hop 10# dbs four sets

Barbell underhand rows 25# barbell 4 sets
dips 4 sets

skull crushers 12# dbs 4 sets
abs knee ins seated on step 4 sets

Belinda, yeah on one day left :) You deserve an award!

Debbie, nice work on the Glassboro live workout. You got a nice amount of calories out of it.

Doz, nice work and great that you utilized that extra rest time for upper body weight.

Jolie, I missed your post. You must have posted while I was typing. Nice work. I like seeing the results that others get with the same workout that I have done. Nice that you can tweak them to your advantage too.

Good morning,

I just finished D80 Booty. I am done with the program. Next week I will not take a rest week. DH and I will go on a short vacation on the 22nd of this month. Maybe I will take a few day's off.

Got great results even though my eating wasn't always 100%. In phase 1 you do the same exercises each week for each workout, she does change the reps/pattern up each week. It didn't feel like I was doing the same over and over again. You also do a different workout each week. Phase 2 was different exercise, again each week she changed the reps/ pattern or through in a bonus at the end. Phase 3 was different exercises with a lot of Plyo thrown in through the the workouts. She worked your abs/booty a few times a week. Sometimes she did a giant set of exercise, on the end you work your abs. It wasn't like endless of ab workouts. I did like the format working your abs at the end of a giant set. A lot of people subbed Cardio Flow for another cardio workout. That one was always the same workout throughout the program, each week she did change it up by doing, 3 exercise 4 reps run through them 3 times or she added another exercise and run it through 4 or 8 rounds. This one was probably the toughest workout. I think it was over 10 different exercises just in Cardio Flow. The first exercise was inch worms than she layered them until she reach 10 different exercises. I had to modify the inch worms, I did them on my step with 2 risers. I couldn't go all the way down on the floor with my back. It worked out really great. Most of the high impact I did on my rebounder, which worked out great. Their is a modifier through out the program, she does a great job. My favorite workout in the program was Phase 1 & 2 booty. I really felt each workout. Phase 3 wasn't bad, just a lot of Plyo thrown in there. Wasn't a big deal, I used my rebounder. Like I mention before, wished she talked less and kept the program moving. DH and I did standing abs in-between her chatter/breaks. I had my loops on through out the booty workouts, we also worked in leg raises/firewalkers a.s.o. I also really liked the upper body workouts, she used the loops in ways I have never seen in any other programs, which I really liked. It made me realize the loops works better than the bands.

Jolie - thank you! I am so glad I done the program. Loved it! I am looking forward doing something different next week. Great job as always on your workouts.

I will be back later.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and Sculpting, 29 minutes, heart rate 129 average, max 160, met 6.5, 170 calories, 2,093 steps. I then did 30 minutes to fitness Kickboxing workout #2, 27 minutes, heart rate average 140, max 171, met 7.5, 194 calories, 2,300 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw 6 & 60 core/abs, 11 minutes, 35 calories, met 4.0, 66 steps. I finished with Raw foam roller 25 minutes, met 2.5, 55 calories, 158 steps. Total time was 92 minutes, 454 calories, 4,704 steps
Raw Boxing and Sculpting was the Raw workout for the day on Kelly's challenge and Kickboxing was her dvd workout for the day.

Belinda, great job on finishing your rotation and having good results!! I bet it will be refreshing to move on to something else for awhile though. So many rotations only have one or two cardio workouts included that you end up repeating throughout. You know me, I changed it up a lot. Although when I did P90X2 and Body Beast, I did the cardio and then added more the first time I went through them. Thank you for a run down of how the workouts were set up and your thoughts.

Today I did Yvette's Low Impact Step/ Chest/ Triceps and some abs. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 634 calories. I did some higher impact exercises because this workout is a little on the easy side doing the step exercises Yvette picks, so I changed it up a bit. I through in some leg/step exercises that really got the heart rate up.

Belinda, great job completing your rotation, I hope you have a great rest week. Enjoy your time off with your husband.

Diane Sue, nice workout today. 92 minute workout is what I have been doing lately. I always have way more energy to do longer workouts in the summer for whatever reason. Probably the longer days and getting more sunshine does it for me :)

Have a great day!

Reactions: WD
Jolie, I always feel a bit more energetic in summer, but I think it is because I get a bit more sunshine and it just makes me feel better than sitting inside when it is gloomy outside. Although this has been a rather rainy dark spring into summer so far. Sun is out today :) I went outside and tried to cut a tree root out that is sticking up out of the ground at the end of the walk way. I need to fill in some soil there and the root is in the way. It holds water and has been terrible for getting out there with the dog.

Jolie - thank you! I am ready to do something else. Great job on Yvette's workouts today. I can't wait to give her a whirl next week.

Diane Sue - thank you! Looking forward to try other workouts. It wasn't really a repeat on the cardio, she mixed them up constantly throughout. It never felt boring. IMO, she did a very good job. A lot of people didn't like Cardio Flow, it's one of the toughest cardio I have ever done. It was tough and fun. I am glad I stuck to the cardio. I probably will incorporate it in my regular rotation :) I will defiantly do the program again in the future.

I also did a Yevette Bachman this morning - Big Cardio and Legs workout. It was on the easier side for Yvette and I only modified the jumping jacks. The step cardio is very athletic - no tricky combos.

Good morning,

Rest day for me today. I may do a stretch later. Getting ready to put my workout schedule together for next week.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Today was my rest day and I did Coffey Fit Raw Stretch. I will make up today's Raw challenge tomorrow morning along with tomorrows. Body should clock in at around an hour. My daughter and grandchildren are supposed to come over tomorrow morning to go swimming and the library.

Belinda, have fun designing next week's rotation.

Doz, nice work with Cardio coach and Meso 2 chest, shoulders, and triceps today.

Good morning,

Push Pull is done. My plan is to run through all my Cathe dvd's, I also will add some youtube workouts.

I will try and check in later. Have a great Monday.

Today I did Cathe Live Stacked Upper Body from 3/14/19 #240 and had a great workout. I didn't realize I just did this one but oh well, I really like it.

Giant sets repeated once - so 2 times through each giant set.

Giant Set 1
Dips
- 48/32 reps
Lying Triceps Extensions: 10's - 7 reps
Pushups: 16 reps on toes
Close Grip Bench Press: 20's/17.5's - 7/8 reps
Dumbbell Press: 20's/17.5's - 8 reps (1.5)
Close Grip to Flat Bench Press: 15's - 4 reps

Giant Set 2
One Arm Wide Row:
20# - 8 reps (palms back then front is one rep)
Pullovers: 30# - 10/8 reps
Hip Hinge/Back Fly: 12's - 7 reps (3 flies, stand, do it again)
Biceps Drop Curls: 15's/12's/10's - 8 reps each no rest
8 Point Drop Curls: 12's - 8 counts (love these!)
W Curls: 10's - 8 reps

Giant Set 3
Hip Huggers:
15's - 24/20 reps
Overhead Press: 12's - 8 reps (1.5's)
Front/Side Raise: 5's - 8 reps
Lateral U Raise: 8's - 8 reps
Shoulder Circles: 5's - 2 time at 8 reps each

Workout was 48 minutes total, burned 374 calories, HR was 143/188 and did 845 steps.

Nice job on your workouts everyone. I have a doctor's appointment today so I will be back later!

I pulled out RIPT90Fit this morning and did Back and Legs and Back and Shoulders. Workouts in this series are short so you can layer a couple together. I just fast forward through the second warm-up.

Good Morning,

Saturday I did KCM Raw Kettlebell Dumbbell Lower Body then KCM Raw Kettlebell Sculpt and today was StudioSweat Spin Age Is Relative with Mike. DH an I are headed to Branson Missouri for a few days so not sure what my workouts will be.

Hey guys :)

This morning, had an awesome workout ;) brought back STS Strength Legs, I did disks 37 again lol; will be moving on next time I do legs, but, I really enjoyed this workout. I did every leg exercises in between rest and I got em legs good too.

On my way out I’m headed to Stein Mart, got a few things on hold :rolleyes: Enjoy your day all.

Today I did a Cathe Live workout, Vertical Loading, but I did my own version of it, I wanted to change it up from the last time I did the workout. I worked every body part in each circuit, and there were 6 circuits total. No cardio in this workout because I am tired from a poor nights sleep, these hot flashes are killing me. I am going to look at portable air conditioners to put in my room because we cant run the unit in our home, it would cost a fortune to cool a 4000 square foot house. Workout was 1 hour and 10 minutes with the stretch and I burned 561 calories. Average heart rate was 119 and max was 160.

Seated Overhead Press- a pattern for reps,- 15's x a lot!
Bicep Curls Traditional- 15's x 24
Triceps Kickbacks- 10's x 20
Chest Press- 25's x 17
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60# x 16
Squats- 20's x 26
ABS

Overhead Press no rep pattern- 20's x 16
W Curls- 15's x 16
Tricep Cross Body Ext.- 15# x 14
Chest Press- 30's x 10
Narrow Grip Pull Downs- 70# x 14
Front Squats- 20# x 24 Heel elevated
ABS

Lateral raise to front raise- 8's x 14
Hammer Curls- 17's x 20
Lying Triceps Ext.- 15's x 18
Rear Delt Flies- 10's x 10, x 9, x 8
Chest Flies- 20's x 18
4 Squats to 2 Dead lifts- 15's x 6 rounds
ABS

1 Arm lat raise to 1 arm front raise, switch to the other side- 8's x 12
Hammer curls with a twist- 17's x 18
Triceps Ext. standing -12's x 16
Rear Delt Flies- 12's x 16
Chest Flies to Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 12
4 Squats to 2 Deadlifts- 20's x 4 rounds
ABS

Upright Rows- 12's x 26
W Curls- 15's x 18
Close Grip Chest Press- 20's x 16
Incline Chest Press- 20's x 16
1 Arm Rows- 25's x 20
Side To Side Lunges - 10's x 24
ABS

Upright Rows- 15's x 20
W Curls, x 10 to Hammer Curls x 10 to Traditional Curls- x 10 no rest
CLose Grip Chest Press to Chest Flies- 20's x 10
Incline Chest Press- 15's x 24
1 Arm Rows- 30's x 16
Warrior Slide Back Lunges BW x 16
ABS

It is very humid here today, I was drenched! I think it is going to be a brutal summer! :(

Doreen, great job on the workouts the last couple of days. I want to try the Yvette workout that you did, is that a step workout?

Belinda, great job with push pull, i want to do the Cathe Live version soon. I am sure you are going to put together a great rotation using Cathe's dvds.

Roxie, have fun in Branson with your husband!

Debbie, I really like that workout as well. I am just loving the variety with all of these workouts lately, I am never bored.

DOZ, great STS leg workout today, those are tough workouts if you are using heavy weights!!! Those BB squats kill my back. I bought the most beautiful white quilts for some beds in my house yesterday at Stein Mart, the sale is insane! Have fun :)

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today.

Happy Monday.

Today is a busy week. This morning I got in Raw Cardio Crush, 31 minutes, 202 calories, met 7.6, 2,151 steps, heart rate average 140, max 161. That is all I had time for as I spent the day with my daughter and grandchildren. Tomorrow is my ladies game day and if I can I will get in a workout, if not I won't.

Belinda, nice work on push pull. I am sure that you will enjoy doing Cathe's workouts. That is a lot of dvds to go through :)

Debbie, I love the Stacked sets and the live looks very similar. Great job.

Roselyn, nice work today.

Doreen, nice that you got in two Ripped 90 Fit workouts.

Roxie, enjoy your trip to Branson. I have never been there, but know lots of people around here go often.

Doz, great job on STS legs today.

Joilie, nice work with Vertical Loading. That is too bad that running air units cost you so much. I rarely have over 250 max for a month of air. I try to conserve though, but would hate to sit here and pour sweat.

This morning I did Kelly's Challenge workout Raw 888, 41 minutes, 265 calories, heart rate average 129, max 154, met 7.5, 1,259 steps. I have to get ready to leave in a few minutes. I got done early :)
Raw 888 is 8 rounds of 8 moves 10# dbs and a med ball used
punch, hook, upper cut, jack, squat thrust
10# curl, punch out alternating
mountain climber wide stance
lunge side to side putting weights down and picking up
med ball slam (I tapped it to the floor as I am upstairs)
side to side kicks
split switch lunges
bicycle crunches

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.