Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for July, 2019

Belinda, I do love the music in Step Blast. It makes it much more fun doing it.

Jolie, the humidity can make it hard to sleep or do much of anything. That was Kelly's Step Boxing #2. I think her older ones were so much fun though. She tends to put some of her step boxing into a lot of her step workouts.

Doreen, I bet the ride by yourself was enjoyable.

Good morning,

XTrain Burn Sets is done.

Diane - I wished Cathe would go back to better music.Her older workouts had some great music. This is probably why I am struggling keeping my preorders :( I also miss the old crew. Wished she bring back Cedie, Lorraine and Amanda.

I will be back later.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Body Beast: Bulk - Chest. Wow, what a great workout!!

This is what I did:

Super Set
Incline Chest Flies:
17.5's/20's/25's - 15/12/8 reps
Incline Press: 20's/22's/25's/22's - 15/12/8/8 reps

Force Set
Chest Press w/Rotation:
15's/15's/15's/15's/15's - 5/5/5/5/5 reps

Progressive Set
Incline Press:
15's/20's/25's/25's/20's/15's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps
He goes way too fast with this exercise, not sure why? Probably because he's lifting 50's and needs to get the set over with.

Combo Set
Close Grip Press to Fly:
12/5's/15's/17.5's - 15/12/8 reps

Multi Set
Decline Pushups:
15/12/8
Cobra to Airplane: 10 reps
Russian Twist: 8# 30 seconds

Workout was 35 minutes, burned 249 calories and did 765 steps. HR was 137/172.

Then I did Max Trainer Intervals for Newbies II w/Marc and that was 19 minutes, I burned 136 calories, went .42 miles and did 1052 steps. HR was 134/183.

Then I got on my treadmill and did 20 minutes, burned 123 calories, went 1 mile and did 2400 steps. HR was 116/127.

I am on the phone with Spectrum right now fighting with them about my mom's cable bill. The woman watches local channels (which should be free) plus she loves Fox News and her rates are going from $45 to $85!!! She cannot afford that. They will not give me the $45 and now I'm waiting for a supervisor. Unbelievable.

Nice jobs with your workouts everyone!! You are all killing it! Have great workouts today!

• Wow
Quick workout this morning from a couple 1busybody workouts off instagram. I did a dumbell complex 7x7 (7 moves, 7 reps, 7 rounds) and then a circuit of hip thrust and SL deadlifts. Not much brain power for much else. We are going to try to get a quick visit to my parent in before the kids start school this week.

Today I did Cathe live Vertical Loading again, I love this workout, and I modified just a bit, no pushups, I did presses of some sort and I modified legs so my low back wouldn't hurt. I had the best workout, I went heavy on the upper body weights and pretty much went to failure on each exercise. Workout was 1 hour because I added some ABS at the end and I burned 471 calories! Average heart rate was 127 but my max was 173!? That seems high but the leg portion of the workout really got me breathing hard.

Debbie, great job on the workout today. We had Spectrum before we moved and they did the same thing to us. My husband says if you fight hard enough with them they should be able to give your mom some sort of special that can lower her bill. Tell them she is on a fixed income and just lost her job. They will give her a hardship reduction!!!!!!!!!!

Doreen, nice workout and I have really busy days myself lately!

Belinda, nice job on XTrain those are hard workouts. I love Cathe's older workouts too but some of her new ones are really great too! We should all go back to the beginning of Cathe's dvds and do them all together :)
You gotta love those workout outfits and hair styles!

Running late, BBL to read other posts.

Happy Monday.

This morning I did Low Impact Circuit cardio and Lower premix, 59 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 175, 353 calories, 4,821 steps. It was a busy morning. I went to Walgreens to get the Shingles vaccine, and I don't know why they told me I could get it when I called. They asked then if it was my second vaccine and I said no my first. Then I get in there and they tell me they have it, but are saving it for those that need their second ones. Just in case they run low. So, they told me about a nearby small pharmacy that I didn't even know existed. I went there and got it. Such a nice pharmacy and the employees were super nice. It was quick and I was out. Two other women came in right after me wanting to get the shingrix vaccine. When they said the name Clyde's Pharmacy I did not know what they were talking about.

Debbie, does your mother have internet or is that an all inclusive thing? We have internet and it gets a bit expensive, but less than cable for the most part, because we pay 50 a month for Directv Now streaming cable service just so we can watch Fox News, and an antenna for regular television viewing. No regular cable. I wish one could just pay for Fox news. When we started with the Directv Now streaming it was 35 dollars.
Nice job on the workout.

Doreen, I hope that you can get your parent visit in. That looks like a good workout today.

Jolie, I have pondered getting Cathe Live again. Although with my shoulder and neck issue I might really be limited. I was sure having a problem choosing a workout this morning. The one I did had upper moves along with the lower body. I modified and added more to the lower, like pulsing lunges and that sort of thing. A few places I did the biceps, and this time I stuck with Cathe's 5#. I don't think I ever went that light with that workout.

Today I did Body Beast: Bulk - Legs. Had a great workout, I like this one but he does a lot of single leg exercises and it takes forever. I think when I go back to work I'll have to only pick a couple of exercises from this and do it with another bulk workout - that way I can get a full cardio day in. I think that will be my plan.

This is what I did:

Single Set
Front/Back Lunges:
12.5's/12.5's/12.5's - 15/12/8 reps (sayed same weight, knees didn't like this)

Progressive Set
Squat:
12.5's/15's/20's/20's/15's/12.5's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Force Set
Sumo Squat:
30#/30#/30#/30#/30# - 5/5/5/5/5 reps

Progressive Set
Split Squat w/EZ Bar:
20#/25#/30#/30#/25#/20# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Stiff Leg Deadlifts:
15's/20's/25's/15's - 15/12/8/8 reps
Alternate Side Squats (I used my Squat Rack): 145#/145#/145# - 10 reps each set
I don't like the side to side squats, they are awkward for me.

Super Set
Calf Raises:
25's/15's - 50 reps
BEAST abs: 30 seconds

Workout was 46 minutes, burned 312 calories and did 1983 steps. HR was 133/175.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 35 minutes, burned 209 calories, went 1.72 miles, did 4139 steps and HR was 112/127.

Doreen - Great job with your workout, enjoy your visit with your parents.

Jolie - Great job with Vertical Lifting! Believe me, I've called Spectrum several times about this. Yesterday I finally got someone to drop the bill by $10 but woop woop. I told them they should be ashamed of themselves for making seniors pay such high rates for TV, it's totally wrong. I'm thinking about writing a letter to President Trump about it. Maybe he can do something?

Diane - Good job with your workout. Are you still following Kelly's rotation? Or is that done? Glad you were able to get your shingles vaccination - hope you didn't get any side effects from that one. My mom gets those every year. She's had shingles before and it is horrible. I probably should get them to but not sure I'm at the age that needs to get them yet? My mom now has internet, phone and TV from Spectrum. We bought her two Amazon Echo's for her to use in her kitchen and bathroom for her birthday (which is today) and she loves them! She was using a radio for her a.m. stations and they weren't coming in at all. The Echo allows her to listen to all her political stuff whenever she asks it too. My mom is becoming a tech savvy woman at the age of 82!! LOL!

Roxie - Great job with your workout! It's hot here as well, sick of it but would rather have this than snow!

DOZ - Hope you are working out. Where did you go? Don't quit, ok?

Belinda - Hope you have a great day!! Great job on your workout yesterday!!!

Sydney Cummings today. I was going to do the CL legs from the road trip but my tablet said my subscription had expired? I thought I had to the end of the month but I guess I was wrong.

Debbie - I know single limb movements are good but dang- they take a long time to do!! LOL on your mom becoming a tech person!! I've never figured out what an Echo really does so she is one up on me!!

Hi everyone,

I did Cardio Core Circuit this morning. I changed things up a bit, I did all the high impact jumping on my rebounder. Instead of doing core on the floor I did standing abs different like side bends w/DB's, wood chaps. I hardly do CCC mainly of the core work. It hurts my back. Had a fun workout today.

Debbie - sorry about the frustration with Spectrum. Glad you got if straighten out. That is so cool your mom is becoming a tech savvy woman at the age of 82! Good for her. Great job as always on your workout.

Jolie - We should all go back to the beginning of Cathe's dvds and do them all together :) I wonder how long it would take us too run through all her dvd's?? Great job on Cathe live Vertical Loading yesterday. You really like that one :) One of those day's I will bit and sign up for CL. I feel bad since I have so many unused dvd's.

Roxie - great job on your cardio workouts. Keep up the good work.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. That's it for me today.

Today I did Cathe Live Cardio boxing and Metabolic Conditioning again, I really like this workout, it is on the easier side in terms of impact and its about half boxing and half lifting and cardio. I used my 1 pound hand weights again and I burned 521 calories. Average heart rate was 132 and max was 172. I used 10# DBells for the weights, they were all compound moves.

Debbie, great job on the leg workout today, that looks like a killer! :) I would write to the Trump and let him know how the big Corporations are ripping off the seniors of this country! They should be ashamed of themselves, but all they care about is money. $$$$$$$

Belinda, nice workout today, that sounds fun using your rebounder for the high impact. I am going in my garage to find all of my old Cathe DVD's and I am going to do one to see if I like them.

Roxie, nice job on the cardio workouts.

Doreen, that looks like a great workout! Did you burn 570 calories like it says?

Waving hello to everyone else, I will BBL to read your posts.

Have a wonderful day.

Jolie- No- I never get near the calorie burns according to my fitbit as what anybody claims. I think my fitbit said I burned 277 or something like that.

This morning I did Rev'd Up Rumble 42 minutes, 250 calories, heart rate 135 average, 167 max, 3,378 steps. I followed it with the Calorie Crush 9 minutes, 55 calories, heart rate 130 average, max 155, 980 steps. I was surprised at the calorie crush heart rate since it is way more intense than Rev'd Up Rumble. Total time was 51 minutes, 328 calories, and 3,706 steps. I had two grandchildren here this morning and then went for my Smart Beat Screening. I go back in two weeks for my doctor to go over the results with me. It has been so busy lately. I just keep writing things in my calendar and trying to just focus on one day at a time. My shoulder feels pretty good most of the time. I don't know what is up though, as I wake in the night and my neck, shoulder and elbow all are throbbing. Once I am up and moving they feel good. I was a bit worried about the pressure on that upper arm with the Smart Beat screening, but it did not bother me. I got in more steps as I had to do a 3 minute exercise of stepping off and on a step bench :)

Roxie, it is pretty hot here too as well as dry. Funny how it was flooding and now it is just plain dry.

Debbie, I have always dreaded the side to side squats. I can't go as heavy doing them and feel I get more benefit with not doing it that way. I have kind of backed off finishing the Kelly Challenge because of my shoulder. So many of her workouts are total body and hard to change up enough. I am hoping this lets up soon. My husband had shingles when he was around 54. I don't know about age and getting it. My doctor said she recommended I get it. I feel a bit lousy, but hopefully it will let up soon. I suppose 3 immunizations in a week is a lot to deal with. That is wonderful that your mother is able to use the technology at 82. It seemed someone was always having to help fix things for my Dad. My brother had set him up with a facebook. He did get on it. He was just always losing things on his computer and stuff. He kept the very old console television till shortly before he passed away. That tv has 3D. My brother says he didn't think he knew what it had when he bought it. I have it in my workout room now. I hope they set up a good deal for your mother. I listen talk shows on am radio when I am out in my car. My tastes have changed as I got older.

Doreen, sorry that Cathe live subscription ended unexpectedly. It looks like you found a good workout to do anyway. Fit Bit never gives those high burns claimed on workouts. Polar never did either. I often wonder where they are getting their stats from. It would maybe be for someone much taller and weighing a lot more. Someone new to working out? I don't know. My burns have went down for workouts I have previously done. Todays was about 35 calories less than I have in MFP.

Belinda, I always liked the core work on Cardio Core Circuit. Good idea to use the rebounder. When I recently did Kelly's Raw ab finisher I avoided some of the overhead stuff and did the side to side with the weights instead. Same with the standing crunches, I did not lift the dumbbell as high. Still working around the neck and shoulder issues. I have never thought to count Cathe's dvds, but I am sure there are hundreds. I think my case that I purchased for dvds holds 300 and that is not including what I have in the sets that are in their own holders and the STS workouts. I should count them sometime, like when I have nothing to do:p

Jolie, that is a good calorie burn and the workout sounds good. Not sure if I have done that one. I like the lighter weight quicker paced metabolic workouts for a change from regular workouts. They are great when there are time constraints for hitting everything. I don't know why the elderly does not have more respect and care than they get. They get taken advantage of more than anything else. That is not how it should be.

Roselyn, nice work.

Doz, hope you are getting some good workouts in.

Today I did Body Beast: Bulk - Arms. Had a really good workout, love working arms.

This is what I did:

Progressive Set
Standing Dumbbell Curls:
10's/12's/15's/15's/12's/10's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps
Killer!!

Single Set
Overhead Triceps Extension:
12#/20#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps

Force Set
Wide Grip EZ Bar Curls:
30#/30#/30#/30#/30# - 5/5/5/5/5 reps
Holy smokes!

Single Set
EZ Bar Skull Crusher:
20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps

Progressive Set
Concentration Hammer Curl:
12.5's/15's/17.5's/15's/12's/10's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps
I did standing hammer curls w/both arms but next time I will do what he does

Progressive Set
Single Arm Kickbacks:
5's/8's/10's/10's/8's/5's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Single Set
Weighted Crunches:
12# - 30 reps

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 321 calories and did 920 steps. HR was 149/187.

Then I did a Max Trainer workout called Morning Jump Start w/Jeni with 7 - 20 second sprints with 40 seconds of rest. Workout was 11 minutes total, burned 78 calories, did .27 miles and had 677 steps. HR was 134/160.

I don't have time for personals because my cousin is coming to get me to go to the new Meijer store. I will be back later!

Have great workouts everyone!!

Today I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Quick Fix both workouts, 45 minutes, met 7.6, heart rate 144 average, 179 max, 304 calories, 4,486 steps. I then did the Cardio Quick FIx BOnus glutes, abs, hips, 15 minutes, heart rate average 108, max 141, 398 calories, met 4.0. I finished with Raw abs finisher, 19 minutes, 56 calories, met 4.0, 281 steps, heart rate average 100, max 139. Total time was 79 minutes, 403 calories, 5,165 steps.

Debbie, have fun with your cousin today. Great job on the workout.

This morning I did Brazilian Butt Lift. That's it for me today.

Jolie - I like CCC much better with the rebounder, takes a lot of the high impact out. I can't do high impact workouts anymore. I have no problem with my knees on the rebounder. It was a lot of fun. Good for you on working around your injuries and still working out. I always looking for ways to make my workouts injury free/or to avoid it. Had my share on injuries. I gave up a long time ago counting my dvd's. I have 2 cases that holds 400 each, I have 3 that holds 70 each, than I have an entire bookshelf in my basement with dvd's unopened, lol. Not to mention the dvd's I have under my TV stand in my workout room :( Oh, I almost forgot all the downloads, lol. I just don't make it around. This is way I trying hard not to add anymore workouts to my collection. Maybe I will count them one day :)

Debbie - nicely done on your workout this morning. Have fun with your cousin. Have fun shopping at new Meijer store. I like Meijers, we don't have one here.

Roxie - have a great workout today. Are you still doing L4?

Diane - great job this morning. I can't go super heavy on some shoulder exercises, had an old shoulder injury. Which took for ever to heal. You are keeping up with your workouts.

Roselyn - great job as well.

Doreen - hope you have a great workout today. Can you please post the workout/link you did the other day 7/7/7

Today is a rest day, I had an early chiropractor appointment so I didn't have the time. Good news is that I am staying in place, my hip was a little out and my left leg but other than that I am coming around. I still have Sciatic nerve pain going down my legs, I have to get the inflammation down to get some relief. Other than that I am feeling good and will cross my fingers that I stay this way.

Debbie, that is my favorite arm workout ever! I love the progressive sets, they are killer. When I did BB, I was in the best shape, I will do it again once I feel I can do that type of training. I used to do 15's for lateral raises now I do 10#! However, I am older so that must be the reason. I did have a lot of injuries when I lifted heavy and I got sick of taking the time off to heal. That is why I went back to doing Cathe Live workouts, they tend to be easier on me if I don't do the high impact workouts.

Belinda, I have never done a Brazilian Butt Lift workout, do you like them? That is surely my problem area!!!!!!
I have tons of DVD's too, be when I moved a gave a lot of them away. There are some instructors that I just don't like so I knew I would never do the workouts again.

Diane Sue, Nice workout today!

I hope you all have great workouts today.

Jolie - the Brazilian Butt lift is more like pilates/barre moves w/bands. I wasn't into that kinda workouts years ago either. Once I started doing more barre workouts, I started to like it. Those mores get me every time, they are worst than lifting heavy weights. I actually went through/organized my dvd's thinking I have to do every single one of them to see if I like them enough to keep. Their was a reason I bought them in the first place, lol.Plus, I need to figure out what to do with all the empty cases. Get rid of them or donate them. I have boxes of empty cases, they just take up a lot of space in my basement. Glad to hear the Chiropractor is helping with your hip.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.