Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for December2017

Roselyn, I just checked from my laptop and I had no problem getting on Kelly's website. I got on it last night and printed up worksheets and the rundown on the premixes.

Debbie, I got mine too. She says some people were asking about a rotation and that you just do the workouts as laid out from disc 1-3 and you have a 5 day rotation with whatever 2 days that you want for rest days. Of course, I will probably be adding to it :) I am looking forward to the workouts.

Today I did Kelly's Build and Burn cardio core, 28 minutes, heart rate average 128, max 161, 185 calories. This has some has more jumping than a lot of Kelly's workouts. She always has a modifier and suggestions for those who do not want to do the moves the way she is. I liked the core work which was all still very active, like a side to side crab move using the step. I then did Build and Burn Lower Body Tabata, 32 minutes(26 actual) 149 calories, heart rate average 108, max 134, done in rounds of 20 seconds work and I believe 10 rest, 4 sets in each round except the last one.
I finished off with Kickbox and Kettlebell Fusions premix of kettlebells only, 17 minutes, 114 calories, heart rate average 124, max 146, using a 20# kettlebell. Total time was 77 minutes and calories burned 448.
Build and Burn lower body tabata 4 sets each round 20 seconds on 10 rest ( I may be wrong on the times)
banded side steps 4 sets blue fire walker band
kickstand deadlifts 17.5# dumbbells 4 sets 6 reps each
squat variations 25# dumbbells 2 sets regular squats 2 sets concentrated more on 1 side
side lunge into knee pull body weight 4 sets
front and back lunges 17.5 lb dumbbells 4 sets
split stance plyo pops 4 sets
plie variations 15# dumbbells 4 sets dumbbells on shoulders or in goblet position plies toes forward, toes out, side step plie right, side step plie left
wide stance dead lift and squat up 17.5lb dumbbells 4 sets
bridges ( used a 15# on hips) they use no weight 8 sets, 4 sets singles then 4 sets same moves with pulses.

Fridays workout was Biceps. I did not have my computer so I did not post. I did a Giant set, 12 reps, 4 rounds and no rest. I did the same for todays workout which was Chest and I added leg extensions at the end. Biceps I burned 181 calories and the workout was 30 minutes. Todays workout was 36 minutes and I burned 230 calories.

Bicep Curls- 15# x 12 ( 4 rounds )
Hammer Curls- 15# x 12
W Curls- 12# x 12
Conc. Curls- 15# x 12
Incline Hammer Curls- 12# x 12

Chest Press- 20# x 12 ( 4 rounds )
Chest Flies- 15# x 12
Incline Chest Press- 20# x 12
Incline Chest Flies- 15# x 12

These are really tough workouts, the muscles are spent by the end! Yesterday I took my mother out shopping and to lunch for her 81st birthday. We had sushi for lunch and wine at 11:30am!!! I had such a good time spending quality time with her all by myself.

Nice workouts ladies! I am excited to see this new Kelly workout. I have so much holiday shopping to do still so I have to run.

Happy Sunday.

Jolie, you are hiiting the giant sets hard. Your birthday lunch with your mother sounds wonderful.

This morning I did Kelly's new Upper Body Super Sets. I liked it a lot. I loved each exercise she did, very different from the usual stuff that gets mundane. I had a great workout, this one was tough.

SS #1
Reverse Grip Press: 10's/12's/12/s
Lateral Raise & Extend: 8's/5's/5's
3 sets/8 reps no rest

SS #2
Pulse Curls: 12's/12's/12's
Pledges: 10's/12's/12's
3 sets/8 reps no rest - KILLER!

SS #3
Seated Overhead Triceps Ext: 25#
Tate Press: 15's
3 sets/8 reps no rest

SS #4
Reverse Grip Bench Press: 15's
Connected Dumbbell Press: 15's
(I did not feel this with the first set but by the end of set 2 I was dying)

SS #5
Seated Rows: 15's
Standing Cross Row: 15#
(Loved how she did this)

BURNOUT WITH LIGHT DUMBBELLS
Alternate Upright Rows: 8's - 30 seconds
Double Arm Kickbacks: 5's - 30 seconds
Run Rows but only 1 weight: 8# - 30 seconds (need to go heavier)

Had fun, loved this workout.

Did the Tabata workout on my treadmill and then walked for a while. 1.3 miles total.

Workout was 1 hr., burned 284 calories, Average HR 100, Max 147. Went 3879 steps.

At work, not time for personals. Reading mixed reviews about Kelly, not sure I will like or do the cardio workouts. I want to do the kickboxing one, though. Be back later.

Today I did Biceps and Triceps, Superset workout. I did 3 rounds of each Superset, 12 reps and no rest. I liked this workout and I really felt it. I can however, go up in some of the weights next time. Workout was 32 minutes and I burned 229 calories. My warm up is ALWAYS STS Meso 2, they really are good and help get me going for my workout.

Bicep Curls- 15# x 12, x 12, x 12
Superset
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12# x 12, x 12, x 12

Hammer Curls- 15# x 12 ( 3 rounds )
Superset
Cross Body Ext- 10# x 12

W Bicep Curls- 12# x 12 ( 3 rounds )
Superset
2 Arm Kickbacks- 8# x 12

Preacher Curls- 12# x 12 ( 3 rounds )
Superset
Triceps Cable Pulldowns- 30# x 12

Debbie, nice workout today. That looks like a fun one! Also, it is great that you had time to jump on your TM for your Tabata workout. How long was the Kelly workout?

Diane Sue and Roselyn, I will check back in later to see what you both do for workouts today.

Have a wonderful day! 92 degrees here yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I did Kelly's Build and Burn Upper Body Super sets, 32 minutes (actual 26:20 minutes) , heart rate average 103, max 147, 124 calories. I then did Build and Burn Trim and Tone, 24 minutes, heart rate average 131, max 151, 156 calories. 280 total calories, 56 minutes.
I too really liked the Upper Body Super sets. Kelly came up with some new moves which was nice. This was much tougher than I expected and I found myself lowering the weights quickly. I think there is a reason Kelly starts light :) Trim and Tone uses 8# dumbbells throughout and is upper body weight work with more focused cardio that is not real extreme. 8# was plenty for the moves and she does have some places where you add a bit of a lower move in while doing the upper segment.
Upper Body Super Sets weights
8 reps 3 sets of each superset
shoulders
reverse grip press 15# dbs, 10 dbs, 10 dbs (I quickly dropped weight here)
lateral raise and extend 10 dbs, 10,10
biceps
pulse curls 15 dbs,12,12
pledges 12 dbs,12,12
triceps
seated overhead extension 20, 20,20 (next time I will go heavier)
Tate press 15 dbs, 15, 15
chest
reverse grip bench press 17.5 's,17.5, 15's
connected dumbbell press 17.5's 17.5's 17.5's
back
setaed rows 17.5's, 17.5's, 17.5's (this is single/ double arm count as 1 rep)
standing cross row 17.5 #, 17.5, 17.5
burn out light dumbbells 8#

Debbie, nice work today on the super sets and getting in your tabata work as well.

Jolie, great work on the supersets. Wow, it is warm there. We are in the 50's and 60's for highs right now.

today I did Kelly Cardio Core and the upper body workout tomorrow think i will do disc 2 with only 30 minutes I can do both. I usuall don't buy Kelly dvds but I think I like these

OMG today I had the best workout. Actually, the funnest workouts. I did Kelly's Kickboxing/Kettlebell workout and that was really fun. Now I need to get me a kettlebell, LOL!! I used a 12# dumbbell and it was sort of awkward with some of the exercises. But I was still able to do it. The only complaint about Kelly is she doesn't go over the kickboxing moves much. Cathe always says what to do over and over again, Kelly doesn't. I mean, the moves weren't hard at all, but sometimes I get all the punches confused. It was fun, though, I really enjoyed it.

Workout was 26 minutes, burned 183 calories and went 1831 steps. Avg HR was 129 and Max was 155.

Then I did the Mountain Hike 2 workout from my Treadmill App and had a really good workout. Was sweating like crazy. Love this one, I custom make up this workout and it's challenging and doable.

Workout was 26 minutes, went 1.84 miles, burned 245 calories (TM said 222 and app said 419), went 3764 steps. Avg. HR was 143 and Max was 170.

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday. I am really enjoying Kelly's new workouts, I see you are too. I love how different her workouts are from Cathe's, it's a nice change. Nothing against Cathe, it's just nice to do something different.

Jolie - I really like the workouts you are putting together. Nice, strong workouts you are having! Excellent job!!

Roselyn - Glad you are trying Kelly's workouts. I have never done hers either and I'm really enjoying them.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Build and Burn kettle bell kick box fusion, 25 minutes, 149 average, 167 max heart rate, 163 calories, 1,726 steps. I added on the kick box only premix, 16 minutes, heart rate average 135, max 174, 100 calories, 1,307 steps. Total time was 41 minutes, 263 calories. My grandchildren stayed the night since it was their parents anniversary. I worked out downstairs before the got up. I did not want to be swinging a kettle bell around with little ones in the room. Tomorrow I will do the tabata legs and maybe the cardio core workout.

Debbie, I agree, I like something a bit different. Cathe always comes up with some really challenging workouts and I am not unhappy with any of them, but it is nice to have a change. I think it is good for the body as well since we get used to doing the same type of work all of the time. Change once in awhile is good. Kelly's kick box is not too hard. You will pick up on it pretty quick. I am pretty used to it and it doesn't take much. Today though, the first time through the kick box I was sometimes using the wrong arm or move. When the kickbox workouts are a bit longer you pick up on it quicker. Not a lot of impact in them either. I used a 15# kettle bell this time. The last time when I did the kettle bell only mix I used a 20#. I think it wouldn't hurt to pick up the 25# for lawnmowers if it weren't for the fact that I had done the upper body yesterday. I think it is nice that Kelly has someone using a dumbbell instead of the kettle bell for those who do not have a kettle bell. I have quite a few kettle bells now. I gradually kept adding to them as I kept purchasing kettle bell focused workouts.

Today I did Kelly's Lower Body Tabata and I really enjoyed it. Not too hard, though, but my legs did feel most of the exercises.

I think these were 20 seconds on 10 seconds off. Each exercise was done about 4 times I think

Banded Side Steps (Firewalkers) - Used green band
Kickstand Deads: 12's
Squat Variation: 12's
Side Lunge into Knee Pull: No weights
Front & Back Lunges: 12's
Split Stance Plyo Pops: No weights
Plie Variation: 12's
Wide Stance Deads & Squat Up: 12's (I liked these)
Bridges: No weights but this gave me a great burn

Workout was about 27 minutes.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 1.3 miles.

Total workout was 56 minutes, Avg HR was 96, Max was 133 and burned 249 calories. I went 4133 steps.

Diane Sue - Enjoy Tabata Legs. Can't wait to hear your review. Nice workout yesterday!!

Have great workouts everyone!

Yesterday was my rest day. Today I did Shoulders and I mixed the rep pattern up a little for this workout. I did each exercise separately with 3 sets, 12, 10, and the last set was TF rep pattern. I wanted to lift heavier and I cant do that doing a Giant Set. I rested 1 minute between sets.

Warm up
Seated Overhead DB Press- 15# x 12

Seated Overhead DB Press- 20# x 12, x 10, x 9 TF

1 Arm Lat Raise- 12# x 12, x 10, x 12 TF

Upright Rows DB- 17# x 12, x 10, x 10 TF

Rear Flies- 12# x 12, x 10, x 11 TF

Leg Curls- 20# x 12, x 10, x 12 TF

Workout was 36 minutes including my STS #13 warm up and I burned 220 Calories. I really need to start walking again, my legs are looking flabby! The air quality is getting better so I will start this week. Fires are still burning out of control but have moved up the coast. I just got a letter from my Private high school and it was burned to the ground. So sad. Weather is still really warm, 85 degrees today. It does not feel like Christmas at all!

Debbie, nice workout today! The kickboxing workout sounds fun. I need to get a Kettlebell as well that isn't big in size, they are very expensive. I looked at Target and couldn't believe the prices! The treadmill workouts you are doing look fun as well. I just ordered new running shoes so I cant wait to get them for my walking. My shoes are so worn out they hurt on long walks.

Diane Sue, Nice job on your kickboxing workout. I guess I should buy that dvd and give it a try. Where do you buy your kettlebells? I finally am getting my Christmas cards in the mail today, I am so behind on Christmas this year. I am always happy when the holidays are over because it is a lot of work for one person to do it all!!!

Roselyn, I am glad you are liking the Kelly workouts. I am going to get some of them and give them a whirl!

Happy Holidays!

Today I started with Build and Burn cardio core, 28 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 155, 185 calories, 2,052 steps. I then did Build and Burn Lower Body Tabatas, 28 minutes, 145 calories, average heart rate 118, max 154, 1,140 steps. Total time 56 minutes, 330 calories total.
weights for lower tabata 4 rounds each exercise timed
I upped most of the weights this time
banded side steps blue firewalker band 4 sets
kickstand deadlifts 20# dbs 4 sets
squat variations 25# dbs 4 sets
side lunge into knee pull body weight 4 sets
front and back lunges 20# dbs 4 sets
split stance plyo pops 4 sets no weight
plie variations 45# dumbbell goblet position 4 sets
wide stance deadlift and squat up 20# dbs 4 sets
bridges 25# dumbbell used on hips 4 sets then repeat 4 sets with pulses

Debbie, I like the lower body tabata. I did it the first day I used the workouts, so this was my second time and the reason I adjusted some of the weights. The 45 # may have been a bit heavy for the side step outs on the plies. I may drop a bit next time on that portion of the workout. I like the dead lift squat up too. It is a nice variation. I feel it more on the squat variation that singles out more on one leg as well. Nice job today with the adding the walk too.

Jolie, I got my 8#, 15's, and 20's in kettlebells from Target. I purchased the 25's and the one 35 that I have from Amazon. I have some that are I have a pair from perform better that are 14 KG which is 30.86#. I originally purchased one and it was beat up by the time it got to my house and the box was torn up. They sent me a replacement and didn't want the beat up one back. I sanded the rough spots off the handle and it works fine , so i lucked out with having two. They work nice for dead lifts and squats etc. when I don't want to get out dumbbells. I do use them for swings too. :) I hear you on Christmas business. It seems to start with Thanksgiving and keep going through new years.

Today I did Cardio Coach 3 and had a pretty good workout. Got some good mileage off it today.

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.89 miles, burned 340 calories (TM said 386) and went 5802 steps. Avg HR was 141 and Max was 176.

It was weird, when I was warming up, which for me is just walking at a 3.2 mph, my FB showed my HR at 151. WTH? Really weird.

I also did the Tabata Abs from Kelly that's on her Muscle Up DVD. That is a good one, it's hard.

Jolie - I haven't even checked to see what kettlebells go for, I'll have to do some research. I want a 12# and a 15# one. Excellent workout yesterday! You are kicking butt!

Diane Sue - I will check Target for kettlebells. I wonder if Wal Mart has any? Nice job on the workouts yesterday, I am enjoying this series!

Debbie, yes Walmart has Kettlebells. The Muscle Up Abs and the Slim Sculpting (kettlebell workout) are some tough ab workouts. I like them. 12 and 15 " are good weights to begin with. Kelly seems to use a 15 in most of her workouts. I have the Go Fit in most of my bells. They have the rounded bottoms that were made before they started making the bottoms flat. It is much harder holding the horns of the kettlebell in a plank like Kelly does in slim sculpting. I generally grab a larger bell for that so the base is wider. Personally I prefer shopping at Walmart.

Today I did a new live it was Low impact Hiit plus upper body fun workout, I also ordered a series called All in 18 by Idalis Valezquez I did one of those yesterday afternoon called fat torcher, fun and done in 18 I was sweating.

Today I finally got outside for a 6 mile walk and it felt fantastic!!! It is 80 degrees today and breezy, really warm for this time of the year but its absolutely beautiful. I burned 678 calories. I will look for some kettlebells on the after Christmas sales, TJMAXX has some but they are too big and bulky. I want the smaller metal ones, I know Target has them but they are expensive. I will get a 12# and a 15# as well. Some of my Workouts by Illaria she uses KB's so I defiantly want to get some soon because I want to try those workouts come first of the year.

Debbie, nice treadmill workout today, you are really covering some miles!!! I gave up on the ab work because that is what irritated my back so much over the summer.

Diane Sue, I will check Walmart as well for the KB's. Nice job on your workout yesterday, you are killing it!!!

Roselyn, nice workout and I am going to check out that new workout you just posted!!!

Have a wonderful day, l am running late to take my son to the Dr.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.