Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for December2017

Debbie, try to stay warm. We are warming back up here till next week. I imagine the cold will move this way. I love the color teal. Does the Ionic have the removable frame like the Blaze? Nice workout today. I have used STS Total body as a split workout quite a lot. It is a good one.

Debbie, can you believe that there is an 80 degree difference from where you live to where I live today! Stay warm and stay safe on the roads today.

Today I did Shoulders, Giant Set, 5 exercises, 16 reps, 3 rounds with no rest between exercises and I used only DB's.

Seated Overhead Press- 15# x 16 (I dropped to 12# on the 3rd set) ( 3 rounds of the Giant Set )

Upright rows- 15# x 16 ( 3rd round I dropped to 12#)

1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10# x 16

Seated incline 2 Arm Front Raise- 8# x 16 ( these were hard, had to drop to 5# on the last set)

1 Arm Cable Rear Flies- 20# x 16 (I noticed seated rear flies kill my lower back!) These were good!

I burned 158 calories.

Debbie, Good job on that leg workout!!! I wish I could do legs right now but it will only hurt my lower back and I'm not doing that, no way! Actually the walking is doing wonders for my legs. I am also getting my Spin Bike fixed so I can do some biking soon. Riding my bike is great for the quads. Stay warm today.

Diane Sue, Do you have a spin bike? I have a really good one but the resistance pad fell off a long time ago so I haven't been able to use it. I am going to get it fixed and start riding a little after each workout. Also, I want to get a rowing machine, do you have one of those? If so how do you like it. My son is going to take me to the gym to try one out to see if it hurts my low back before I purchase one. I am looking for some cardio to work my back instead of lifting weights. I am so tired of being in pain, this year is going to be different for me and how I workout. I am not so much concerned about muscle anymore, I am more excited about cardio and being in great shape cardiovascular wise and having muscle definition but not going overboard. I just want to be in great shape. Eating clean will also be big for me this year, I know that is half the battle to looking lean. I have lost quite a bit of muscle mass this year and I like the way I look better so I don't think I will miss heavy lifting. I will check back to read you post and see what you did for working out today.

Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout today. Stay warm and safe!

Have a wonderful day!

Today I did Kelly Coffey Build and Burn Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion, 25 minutes, heart rate average 136, max 177, 1,645 steps. I then did Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp timesaver #1 just kickboxing, 35 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 161, 229 calories, 3070 steps. Total time was 61 minutes, calories burned 395. Total steps so far today 5,403. I wore 1# gloves and used the 15# kettlebell for Kellys workout this morning.

Jolie, yes, I have a Spin Bike and I have all of Cathe's Spin workouts along with a couple of others. I got mine not long before knee surgery and it was some of my first cardio getting back into workouts after the surgery. I used to do rowing on my Bow Flex. I am not sure it would be the same as a rowing machine. The seat slid back and forth and it had a belt that hooked to the lower cables while I rowed upper body. It was not a high calorie burner for me. It was okay, but I get bored without changes and some entertainment :) That is why I haven't used the Tread Climber as much as I probably should. No entertainment. I get bored with the television on. I like it with something like Kelly's home gym intervals where I get off and do some weight work and then get back on. I have used this workout with my spin bike as well. I bought a gel seat pad for my spin bike. I did the extreme workout mix on Pedal Power and rubbed the skin off my inside thighs and was so sore for awhile. The seat cover was meant for a bicycle, but works for me.

We have to start a new thread:) I am slowly starting to exericse first day with no headache woo hoo!! I have done the push and pull of the new workouts and one of the cardio I like so far

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.