Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for August, 2019

Good Afternoon,

I had today off so once again I played catch up and did #13 Core Inferno #14 Total Body Bad Ass this uses 3 & 5 lb Weights and you definitely feel them and the. I did #15 Freestyle Flow but I am still two workouts behind.

Reactions: WD
Belinda, that is great that you learned some stretches that will help your problem. I am so sorry that your mother is taken off her meds and things are looking bad for her. I will keep her in my prayers.

Debbie, great job on the live workout today. You got in a lot of steps :) I don't think it is the rotator cuff being torn. I would not have the range of motion that I have. That is one of the first things they check. I injured my rotator cuff on the other side when I first got Hammer and Chisel. It was painful, but I still had range of motion so it was not torn. It took awhile to mend, but did not hang on this long or quite this painful. I came home from my doctor appointment to go over my Smart Heart screening and took ibuprofen which really makes me feel lousy, but helps sometimes. I had a 100 degree temp. I guess it is from the inflammation in my shoulder. Things were a bit off when I went to the Arthritis doctor a couple of weeks ago. They weren't worried.

Speaking of the visit, the doctor wants to schedule me an echo and a thyroid check because of the Smart Heart results. And I thought I was getting everything taken care of for awhile!

Jolie, I have always known that particularly doing aggressive yoga seemed to make inflammation and pain worse. What I have been doing does not seem to bother. But they are very mild stretching workouts. It will be interesting to see what the PT has to say Friday. I need to call them because they were supposed to email me a welcome packet and I still have not received it. They had the forms online and I asked if I should fill them out there and they said no they were sending me a packet. I have had to give up upper body work. At first I was doing biceps and triceps, but then my forearms and elbow started hurting, so I gave it all up. Just cardio and lower along with abs that are not planks or weighted stuff.

Roxie, great job getting so many workouts caught up.

Last edited:
Today I did Body Beast: Bulk - Back. Had a really good workout but I'm getting tired of the Beast workouts. I just hate repetition, I liked it better when I changed up my workouts. I might start doing Cathe Live again next week, we'll see.

This is what I did:

Super Set
Pullovers:
20#/25#/35#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps
Pull Ups: 10/10/10 (used assist bands - getting stronger, this felt easy today)

Progressive Set
EZ Bar Reverse Grip row:
25#/35#/45#/45#/35#/25# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Force Set
One Arm Row:
25#/25#/25#/25#/25# - 5/5/5/5/5 reps

Single Set
Deadlifts (I did Hip Huggers):
10's/12.5's/15's/12.5's - 15/12/8/8 reps

Super Set
Reverse Flies:
12's/15's - 15 reps/12 reps
Plank Rotation: 8# - 30 seconds

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 272 calories and did 1215 steps. HR was 154/193.

Then I did Max Peak Burn w/ Amy Dixon and that was 14 minutes, burned a whole 96 calories, went .35 miles and did 868 steps.

Then I did I got on my treadmill and walked for 10 minutes, burned 61 calories, went .5 miles and did 1242 steps. HR was 116/127.

Belinda - So sorry to hear about your mother in law. Where does she live? I hope you and your DH can go see her. I will keep her in my prayers.

Jolie - Great workout yesterday. I think I might start doing Cathe Live again. I like the Beast workouts but getting tired of them. I'll see next week what I feel like doing. Glad you are feeling good. I agree, the jumping jacks in Warrior KB are brutal. I sometimes modify them if my knees are bother me.

Roxie - Good job with your workouts yesterday! How are you liking that rotation?

Diane - So sorry to hear about your Smart Heart results. Good grief, if it isn't one thing its another. I sure hope they figure out what is going on with your shoulder, that is not good that you are in so much pain. I have no idea how you are working out at all right now. Maybe you should take a week off? I know you hate doing that but I think you need to rest your entire body for at least a week. I will pray that everything turns out good with heart check. I have echos all the time, piece of cake. You will be fine!

Roselyn, Doreen and DOZ - Hope you girls are doing great!

Have great workouts everyone!!

This morning was Cycle Sweat timesaver #3, 40 minutes, 230 calories, 127 average heart rate, 183 max, 2,800 steps. (I found my pulse point on my ankle and works much better) met 6.5 (Cathe's met was 9.6 and there is no way) I went 8.72 miles. My daughter and grandchildren are headed over. I will check back in awhile.

I have two grandchildren here today. Right now I have my 5 year old grandson wiping windows and storm doors with a not too full bottle of cleaner.

Debbie, I had to look up what an echo entailed. I have never had one before. I am hoping the can schedule both tests at the same facility. She was not sure about the thyroid place yet. Fortunately the pain has not been as bad today so far. Although my activity has been rather low. I slept better last night. I would kind of like to start up Cathe Live again. Maybe I will wait till some of this stuff that is going on lets up. I still keep up Kelly's. I wish she would do some just kickboxing and just cardio along with more separate body part workouts. As I look them over most requires some weight work and are really total body oriented.

Belinda, is your mother in Germany? I was thinking about this this morning and was wondering if you would be making a trip. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother.

Today I woke up feeling fantastic, still have the hot flashes at night but I am feeling much better. I went out for a dog walk, 1 mile like every morning and decided to go for a walk for my workout. I went for 1 hour 53 minutes, 6 miles and I burned 1,131 calories! Wow!!! I did all types of hills, walked through neighborhoods, walked to the golf coarse and all around and it felt fantastic. Average heart rate was 141 and max was 185. The steep hills do not hurt my hip at all but going down the hills make my knees sore. I have walked 14,622 steps so far today.

Debbie, funny how you say you are getting tired of BB already, the repetition workouts just don't seem to be as fun anymore! I put on Cathe's STS yesterday and I was going start the program and I got through the warm up and turned it off and did a Live workout instead. I have done all of those types of workouts for so long I am really done with them. I like the Live classes because you don't know what is coming and I never get bored. Also, I like working my whole upper body and or lower body in one workout. Great job on you workout today, 15's for reverse flies would kill me now days LOL! I used to do that no problem but I wouldn't chance it now with my low back problem.

Diane Sue, nice job on the workout today. I am excited to hear what your PT says about your issue. Have fun with your grandchildren today.

Be back later to read the other posts, i hope you all have a great day.

Belinda, praying for your Mother in Law.

Hi,

Today I did a walk and Classical Stretch TB Stretching.

Yesterday I got rescanned for Invisalign with a 3D image. I thought getting a scan would be a better experience than getting molds. Not! Maybe the girl that did the scan was new at this, maybe she didn't know what she was doing.. My jaw hurts today, she ripped the crap out of my jaw. She couldn't get my molars on the 3D image. She had to redo it over and over. I still have all my wisdom teeth. She couldn't get my molders to the 3D image, WTH ! I thought she was going to rip my jaw open :( I did tell my Orthodontist about it, she looked confused. So was I :( Since I got rescanned for new trays. I will get new trays, new trays will come in 6 to 8 weeks. That means, I can't use any of my current tray's ( I will have 1 new tray for the upper + 5 new trays for the lower). The last few month my Ortho had my on different tray changes. My bite is completely off for a few month. I can't use my old set of trays anymore since I got rescanned for new ones. I have to keep the ones I am using for 6-8 weeks. Not happy about that. I hope my new set of trays will come in earlier. The trays get yellowish not matter how much you clean them, they are plastic. My Ortho said, I could only wear them 10 hours at night, to keep them form getting discolored. 1. my teeth upper and lower are not aligned. They hitting each other since my bit is complete off. My teeth feel better with my tray's in than without them. I am afraid to chip my tooth since my upper/lower teeth hitting each other. I am also afraid my teeth will start shifting again. I want to get done with Invisalign. I was supposed to be done in September this year. Looks like I have a little longer.

Debbie - thank you about my mother in law. She lives in Florida. She's been in and out of hospice for month now. She went through a lot the last few years. I think, she is tired of all the treatment/surgeries. My MIL refuses to get any other treatment besides pain meds.

Jolie - thank you! It means a lot to me. Great job on the step count and cal burn today. That is a long walk.

Diane - my mom passed away a few years ago :( DH and I flew home to Germany when my mom got really sick. DH and I were with my mom when she passed :( My dad passed just a few weeks before my mom did :( that was a rough few weeks. My sisters live in Germany. DH and I plan on going to Germany next year. My MIL is not doing so well :(

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Good night.

Today I did Body Beast: Bulk - Shoulders. Had a really good workout, I went heavier with some of the exercises. Really felt it.

This is what I did:

Super Set
Lateral Raise:
8's/10's/12's - 15/12/8 reps
Arnold Press: 10's/12's/15's/10's - 15/12/8/8/reps

Progressive Set
Upright Row:
20#/30#/35#/35#/30#/20# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Alternate Front Raise:
6's/8's/11's - 15/12/8 reps
Plate Twist Twist: 12#/12#/12# - 10 reps each set

Progressive Set
Reverse Fly:
5's/8's/9's/9's/8's/5's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps
(did these on the stability ball. Wow, that made this exercise hard!)

Super Set
Superman Stretch:
2 sets/10 reps (I did regular crunches so I did 20 reps)
Plank Twist Twist: 2 sets/30 seconds

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 287 calories and did 1577 steps. HR was 146/187.

I've decided to stop BB now, this was 7 weeks in. Just tired of it. Plus, I feel like I've gained weight doing it, not sure how that's possible with all I've been doing. I will start doing Cathe and Kelly live again.

I also got on my TM and did 20 minutes, walked 1 mile, burned 116 calories and did 2453 steps. HR was 115/128.

I don't have time for personals, hopefully I'll be back later. Hope you all have great workouts!!

Jolie - I really find I prefer more variety. I can't stand doing a whole day of just triceps and biceps anymore either!! The only think with streaming is it can be hard to do rotations!

Debbie - I think 7 weeks is excellent committment to a rotation. Do you know what you will do next?

I did a couple RAW sections today, compound moves with Sammy and the Hip Hop sculpting to her son's music. I liked the moves - not sure about the music.

Hi,

Today DH and I did our own full drop set upper body workout. It was a great workout. Maybe later I will do a barre workout?

Debbie - I agree with Doreen! I experienced the weight gain too with heavy lifting. Change is good.

Hi to everyone that checks in today. BBL!

Well, I seem to experience weight gain with any workout I have been doing lately except for Yvette's workouts, but I cant do those yet!!! :) I am starting to drop some weight so that makes me happy.

Today I did the BEST Cathe Live workout for Upper Body. I did Upper Body Challenge with the Ball, minus the ball I used a bench. Now the reason why it was so good like the one a did earlier in the week is because Cathe goes so much slower on a ball and I like this pace so much better. Since I am using a bench, I can lift heavier and Cathe thoroughly exhausts the muscles in these workouts. I think you all so try them you will really like the. Workout was 1 hour and minutes and I burned 524 calories. I didn't think I would burn this many calories but I did! This is not done in a circuit, it is done doing each exercise at a time and moving on to the next one. I did not do the pushups or band work, I substituted other exercises. Average heart rate was 111 and max was 163.

Chest Press with a rep pattern- 20's x a lot
Chest Flies- 15's x12, x 12 ( have to go heavier next time )
Chest Press to Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 16, x 12
Chest Press- 20's x 16
Chest Flies Knees in and Knees out- 12's x 12

Pullovers- 12's x 18, x 12
Rear Flies- 10's x 12, x 10, x 8 little rest
1 Arm Row- 25# x 12, Cathe does 10
1 Arm Horz. Row- 20# x 12 Cathe does 10
1 Arm Back Fly- 12# x 12
Wide Grip Pull Downs, no bands- 50# x 24 x 16
Palms facing inward pull downs- 60# x 16, x 16

Seated Overhead Press- 20's x 16
Incline Front raise with an Arc- 8's x 15
Seated Overhead Press- 20's x 12
Alternating front raise incline- 8's x 12
Seated Overhead Press- 20's x 12
Incline Front raise with an Arch- 8's x9
Alternating incline front raise alternating- 8's x 9
Seated Lateral Raises 1 arm to 2 arms to the other 1 arm pattern- 8's x a lot
Rear Press- 8's x 20, x 14 Killer!
Rear Presses palms facing up- 8's x 20
Lateral Raise- 8's x 20

Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 20 ( go heavier next time )
Lying Ext.- 12's x 16
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 14
Lying Ext.- 12's x 12
No Pushups
Kickbacks instead- 8's x 20 ( go heavier next time )
Cable Triceps Pull Downs- 30# x 20, x 14
Kickbacks- 10's x12

Seated W Curls- 12's x 20
Incline Curls Hammer- 12's x 14
Seated W Curls- 12's x 12
Incline Curls Hammer- 12's x 12
Preacher Curls- 12's x 12 I did an extra set i love these and forgot about them!!! 12's x 12
1 Arm Preacher Curls- 12# x 8 each arm
Curls with no bands just weights- 12's x 10, x 10, x 10 a few seconds rest between sets.

Core, I did my own because I could do the exercises with the bands.

Debbie, great job on the BB workout today, but i am so happy you are coming back to Cathe and Kelly!!!! Man oh man, those progressive sets are killer!!! I don't feel like lifting like the BB workouts at all lately. Also, i like to get in more cardio :)

Doreen, great workout today!

Roselyn, nice job on the drop set upper body workout today, i love drop sets!

I hope you all have a nice day and i will BBL to read other posts.

I wanted to so some barre workout. Ended up doing Fuse Dance Cardio Melt - Interval Fat Burn with Tracey Mallett. I had that dvd for years, can't believe I never done it. It was a lot of fun.

Jolie - your workout today looks amazing. I will try this one. Love the layout. Great job as always! Love how you make the workout work for you.

Good Evening,

I Did Morning Meltdown #16 LIT Cardio and was actually able to do the lightening bolts.I burned a lot more calories than the last time I did it.

Debbie-the nice thing about this rotation is that even though the workouts are the same she changes things up added a meltdown minute and a 1:40 minute challenge at the end.

RAW step #3 this morning and then the cardio finisher. Lots to do - great workouts everyone!!

Hi ladies,

Today I did another oldie but goody. Kimberly Spreen Kick box boot camp. Kimberly uses the step to add intensity. It was a cardio/toning/ab workout. I can't remember the last time I did that workout. I looked at my notes from her other workouts, looks like it I have done this one 4-5 years ago :confused: I need to start using my dvd's more often. Good way to get through all of them and get rid of the ones I don't click anymore. This one is a keeper. She also did a nice long stretch at the end. I probably will do a stretch workout tomorrow.

Roxie - glad you enjoy those workouts. They do sound interesting. WTG!

That's it for me today. Have a wonderful day, workout and weekend everyone.

I guess I am way behind on the check ins. Yesterday I PT and had not slept much. PT felt good in some weird way as he worked on my neck. It seems my neck is really tight and range of motion is much worse on my left side which seems to be causing problems with the right side. After measurements he went over everything with me and took measurements before he started working and afterward I had more range of motion. He had me go through 5 movement exercises to do at home while he made notes and checked my form. He had to correct my posture and tell me to breathe through the stretches when I was holding them. Anyway, I felt better for awhile. I went out to get my shopping done and things for birthday cakes for tomorrows family birthdays celebration. That includes me :) We have 4 birthdays the last half of August into the 3rd of Sept.. I think I stressed my neck and shoulder some while shopping. You know how it is lugging those 32 bottle water packs and stuff in and out of carts. Then heavy bags into the house. I had deliberately not taken in my own bags to Sprouts because they try to put everything into two or three bags. But they still packed the plastic bags heavy. They just doubled the bags. I was hurting by evening and went back upstairs and ran through those moves which did help some. I hurt when I went to bed though and I was either so tired that I slept through the pain, or it subsided for awhile because it was there when I got up this morning. I go back Tuesday. This morning I did Kelly's Cardio Quick Fix workout 1 which is low impact and I added the first part of the abs and hips bonus skipping using weights though. This was standing work like warrior and arrow pulls. Floor started with hands on the floor and I quit there and then spent 38 minutes on therapy stretches and some lower body stretching to round things out.
Cardio Quick Fix was 34 minutes, heart rate 137 average, 171 max, 2,818 steps, 216 calories. Stretch and therapy moves 38 minutes and 50 calories, heart rate 71/113, 79 steps(I think from running downstairs to get my husband package tape) Total time 72 minutes, 266 calories, 2,896 steps. At least it was a bit of something. I wanted to get some mobility and movement in there.

Jolie, nice work on the walk. That was a load of steps. Glad you are feeling a lot better. Wish I could say that. I feel so tired all of the time lately. I guess that is understandable with the lack of sleep and rest. I am hopeful with the PT. I have a different physical therapist the next couple of times. They said you float around to their different pt's where there is openings. They have an app and I am supposed to get something in a few days where I can log in and see my moves and log them and get information and help. I put the app on my tablet and phone, but need a log in that they provide. Will ask Tuesday if I don't get one in my email.

Debbie, I think that the heavier lifting just takes up a bit more time and lacks a bit of cardio component. Also it causes some fluid retention. It always seems as soon as I hit a different type of work with more of a cardio feel the weight drops right off. I think it is good to change it up. I was reading recently on exercising and arthritis and the suggestion was slow weight work that is not fast and jerky. Not more than twice a week. Always suggestions for putting some yoga in there and low impact cardio. I suppose I am going to have to change up how I have been working out. It is not worth the pain, but I need to keep up with it somehow. I mentioned the weight turning like a steering wheel and movement up and down to the PT and he asked how much I was using. I told him 10# and he said that was a lot for the shoulders. Umm! I thought it felt light. Some people just do not understand the want to lift heavier weights. A lot of the moves they showed me are ones I have read like Robin McKenzie's PT books and the ones I have from Ben Shatto who I get email things from for different strategies. I have done some of the moves before, but it was good having someone point out my postural problems, the fact I was holding my breath and tensing up on some of them. No wonder my neck is sore most of the time. He also had me slowly roll my head from side to side with holding for 10 seconds each side using an almost all of the way deflated beach ball.

Doreen, I like all of the Real Raw workouts that Kelly has. I also am not sure about her son's music, but it is more that is not my type of music. I played one of the songs once for my grandson who is 19 and loves music and plays instruments and he didn't care for it, so I guess it isn't just because I am in my 60's. Otherwise the music she has chosen for the other real raw workouts I enjoyed.

Belinda, I forgot about that Kimberly Spreen workout. I know I have it, I just forgot about it. As soon as I read the title I thought how much I used to like that workout. Funny how they get pushed aside.

Roxie, you must be progressing with those workouts. Nice that you got a better calorie burn this time.

Yesterday was my rest day and today, Sunday, I went for a long hard walk, less steep hills, but longer hills OMG!!!!!!! I walked for 2 hours, the last mile I didn't know if I would make it up the hill to my house LOL! I walked 6.1 miles and burned 1.152 calories. My average heart rate was 143 but my max up the longest steepest hill was 183! I literally couldn't talk if I had too, I was working that hard. Anyway I feel great and now I am going to enjoy the day. I have been really bad eating lately, I don't know what my problem is! School starts this week so hopefully I can get back on track again.

Debbie, the workout I did the other day, Upper Body Challenge with Ball was workout #136. I loved it, I am doing it again tomorrow. Keep in mind, I do modify a few exercises each workout I do because I cant do some of what Cathe does like Burpees ect. The other Ball workout I did earlier in the week was Upper Body with Ball workout #52 and I liked that one as well. At the end of the workout Cathe does this whole body circuit which I couldn't do because of the Burpees so I did 2 rounds of my own Upper Body Circuit which I liked a lot. You will love these because the pace is slower so you can lift heavier. The ball workouts they focus on balance so much ther is no way she can go quickly through the workout thank God!

Diane Sue, I hope you are feeling better today and Happy Birthday! I know your 4 birthdays celebrated this weekend will be so much fun. Did they tell you to ice or heat your neck area? I ice my low back when it hurts and it helps.

Belinda, I have never done that workout you did the other day, I haven't even heard of that trainer, where have I been! :) What kind of calorie burn do you get doing that box bootcamp workout with the step?

Doreen, great job with the workout on Saturday.

Have a nice day.

Jolie - Kimberly Spreen is the instructor. Here is the link to some of her workouts. I always liked her workouts. My Total calories burn was 386 cal.Active calories was 289. The cardio was only 15 min, than she did weight training/core + a nice stretch. She also used a body bar. I used weights, I don't have a body bar. Very fun workout. Wow, on your walk today. You sure getting some nice steps + calorie burn in. I always get a nice cal burn with walking. It's just so hot lately.

Diane - happy birthday. Hope you enjoy your day today. I like Kimberly's workouts. She is a great instructor.

I will get my stretch in later.

Back from vacay A lot of walking done in Silverdollar city But got back today and did a hit workout with a little bit of chest work

Roxie do you have bb on demand? I noticed meltdown workouts do you like? I am deciding if i will renew BB

This house up for sale is giving me such anxiety people like it then they find something wrong like today there was an open house somebody said something about the paint but I don’t feel like I should paint my whole house I mean I feel like if the house is what they want paint is a quick fix that you can do yourself don’t you guys agree? I mean we touched up doors and that kind of stuff but our realtor said not to paint the whole house because we can spend that money and somebody May buy and paint over but now I’m thinking twice, Although my realtor said paint is never or should be a dealbreaker but I don’t know because we found a house we love and I want to put a contract on ours has been for sale 10 days I think any advice

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.