Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for August, 2019

Today I did Pedal Power timesaver #2, 42 minutes, 7 miles, heart rate 132 average, 176 max, met 8.0, 287 calories, 2,830 steps. I followed with PT exercises which took me 39 minutes, 70 calories. I keep trying to get my muscles warmed up some before I hit the stretches. Felt good till after I went to the store, vacuumed, and played the piano for a few minutes. Now it really hurts. :( I have appointments all next week. They scheduled the echo for early Monday morning. I am sorry I am so slow at getting here. Spending too much time at the computer makes the pain worse, just like the piano. There is a plus though. I have been sleeping a bit more at night the last 3 nights.

Debbie, they did not say anything about heat or ice. They put that hot pillow under me when they did those electrodes. I seriously think I could have fell asleep LOL I am curious what they will do Friday. They changed up some of the exercises this last time. I finally can view them on the app. I am glad that they watched me do them so I do them correctly. I find that they are done a bit differently than what it looked like looking at pictures in a book. I am hopeful that this will work as I am not happy about doing an mri if it doesn't and I don't like the pain. That was a pretty good calorie burn for 21 minutes of work. I am glad that you are enjoying your cardio.

Belinda, I use natural cleaners too. I read that dusting with a damp cloth is better at picking up the dust than those greasy dusting polishes. I use some wood stuff once in awhile, but have went to using a damp cloth for ceiling fans and wiping down things. Also those micro fiber dusting clothes wipe the dust right back onto the furniture and glass when you use them. I just make sure I do not leave things wet. I hate the smell of chemicals. It makes me feel like I need to wear a mask.
Good job with Butts and Guts. I looked for Kimberly Spreen's Bootcamp workout and am wondering if that one was on a CIA video that I got rid of. I cannot find it. Not that I would do it right now though.

Doreen, I always enjoy Kelly's Raw Step 2. I have not been in the mood for much of a workout with so many things going on and just feeling plain tired. Those PT exercises take me quite awhile to go through.

Jolie, it sounds like you needed a rest day. That is so nice that you help cook up meals and freeze them for your Mom. I cook and freeze stuff because there is no way I am going to eat a whole dish myself. My husband likes his food fresh for the most part so I try to make individual dishes for him. Like grilling a steak or baking some fish. I hope that you can get your hip to feeling better.

Roxie, I am glad the stomach problems have let up and you are getting your workouts in. I worked out with a challenge group on Beach Body for awhile. A friend that was my coach got me in without having to use Shakeology.

Today I did the workout Jolie recommended - Cathe Live Upper Body Challenge w/Ball #136 but I skipped the abs because this is a long workout. I had a great workout and really liked this one. I used both the bench and the ball. I will be back later to post the exercises, etc. and also do personals.

Getting ready to go do a workout and my PT. My daughter called me last night and told me that some mean pick up driver ran over their dog. Apparently they had a work crew maneuvering their truck to get up in their driveway (it goes up hill onto their property) Their dog ran out to greet them and was sitting in the lane in front of them watching. A pick up came up and they were angry because they had to wait. When they could they flew around the workers truck and over the dog and left. They didn't even slow down. My son in law who sleeps during the day as he works nights was woke up and thinking he would be running to the vet found she was already dead. He had to quickly bury her before he went to pick up my grandson from school. So, they had to inform the children last night. I can't believe they just kept going. The thing is, the dog does have a special collar on that works most of the time so she does not go out the gate. Also, if it was my daughter or her husband she would have ran right back in because she would have got into trouble.

Debbie, that is great that you enjoyed the workout this morning .

Diane - OMG!! I am so sorry about your daughters dog :( I can't imagine what your family is going through. This is horrible

Belinda they had to have known they hit the dog because it was a big lab. They have two. This one was Graham and the other is Hershey. I can't believe that they just kept going.

I did Step Moves and am getting ready to start PT and some other stretching for lower body.

Hi everyone,

I just finished CIA 2605 Cardio Camp w/Kimberly Spreen. This one is probably my all time favorite workout. This one had kickboxing, intervals workout w/some lower bodyweight sculpting at the end.

Diane - I can't believe who did this kept going too :( I hope they find who did this. Does anyone in the neighborhood have a security camera? So sad. So sorry for your loss. Labs are the best dogs. Great job this morning. Hope the PT helps!

Debbie - great job on your upper body this morning.

Hi to everyone that checks in after me. Hope you all having a great workout and day today.

Step Moves, 45 minutes, heart rate average 141, max 180, 4,052 steps, 302 calories, met 7.0.
I then did Sarah Beth Hands Free Yoga which is 10 minutes, a few lower stretches and my physical therapy exercises, 40 minutes, 52 calories, 27 steps. Total time was 85 minutes, 354 calories, 4,079 steps.

Belinda, nice work with Kimberly Spreen today. They won't find the driver. All they got was that it was a grey pickup. My daughter lives on 15 acres and neighbors are very far apart. The land across the street from her house is a gully and woods. Too bad they did not get a tag number. I wonder if the driver saw the police car sitting in the driveway.

Diane Sue, so sorry to hear about the dog!, I would have killed them. I hope your daughter complains to the company and I would demand them to buy the kids a new pure bred puppy to replace the dog they killed.

Today, I did the new Cathe Live Upper Body Ball tastic, workout number 261. This is a slightly different workout compared to the others I have recently done, it is higher reps and has various rep patterns. Also, it starts with the smaller muscle groups and works down to the large muscle groups and that makes it very hard to lift heavy. However, I liked it and it really burns the muscles good. I substituted exercises for all of the pushups and I did my own ab workout. Workout is 52 minutes and I burned 352 calories. This one I wasn't sweating a lot, but I can really feel the burn. I went heavier than Cathe since I did not use the ball, I used a bench.

Incline Bicep Curls- 15's x a lot , multi rep pattern, I might do 12's next time, I was dying
Seated Hammer Curls and Hammer to a twist,- 15's x 22
Isolation Curls with a rep pattern- 10's x ?
Conc. Curls- 15# x 16
Preacher Curls- 12's x 16

Incline Front Raises, with Front Raises to an arc- 8's x 8, x 12
Seated Lat Raises- 8's x a lot!!!
Seated Overhead Press with bicep curls- 12's x a lot!
Scarecrows- 5's x Multi rep pattern

1 Arm Rows- 20's x 16, go heavier next time
Pullovers- 12's x 16
1 Arm Back Fly- 10's x 14
Pullovers 1.5's - 12's x 10
No Supermans
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 21

Close Grip Chest Press- 20's x 15, x 20's x 10
No See Saw Pushups
Kickbacks- 10's x 16
Close Grip Chest Press- 20's x 12
Lying Triceps Ext- 12's x 16, x 8
Overhead Triceps Ext- 10's x 8, x 8

Chest Press, no pushups- 20's x 20
Chest Flies- 15's x 16
Chest Press- 20's x 12
No Pushups
Incline Chest Press- 20's x 16
Chest Flies- 15's x 12
Flat Bench Chest Press- 20's x 12

ABS

I am so sore just typing this post in the arms and shoulders, this is a real burner :)

Debbie, I love that workout you did today, try this one when you get a chance. As Cathe always says, "It will layer on"!

Diane Sue, I hope you feel some sort of relief soon! I am so glad that you are sleeping better, I am not. When I am lying down or sitting is when I have pain the most. So sorry about the dog, that breaks my heart. I love my dog so much, I couldn't even imagine. Nice job on the Step Moves today!

Belinda, way to go with the workout today! I love the oldies but the goodies :) I kind of like they way the instructors did their workouts from 2006 to 2014. Now they do so many compound moves to make the workouts shorter but I don't like that much, I like more basic moves and cardio.

Roxie, I am glad you are catching up with your workouts. Are you enjoying them?

Roselyn, waving hi!

Have a nice day.

Jolie, that does look like a good muscle burner. I don't think I want to feel my arms and shoulders right now. The thought is not good. Just the 1# side lying shoulder rotation move makes me sore. I ended up doing a few additional stretches after it. The workers were not the ones who ran over the dog. It was an irate driver who came up and did not like having to wait for the workers to get their vehicle maneuvered into the driveway. As soon as he got a chance he floored it around them and ran over the dog and kept on going. My daughter has pool people that routinely come out and take care of the pool and also some workers coming out to add something to their well to help control contaminants. So, they leave the gate open when they are going out there. Otherwise the gate is closed and only those of us who know the passcode can get in.

Jolie - I am having a blast with those bodies. I agree, love the structors of those older workouts. Now it's all HiiT and like you said compound moves. I am old school too. Your workouts look amazing. I would sign up for her live but I have so many dvd's I haven't done in years. I need to go through them first.

Roxie - good job catching up with your workouts. Glad you enjoy them. Keep it up, girl!

Diane - too bad they wouldn't find the driver. It's horrible what happened to the dog. It breaks my heart. I been natural cleaners for years. I used to make my own cleaners. You can find really good no toxic cleaners everywhere even on Amazon. They smell better than chemicals too. I also use the micro fiber cloth for dusting around the house, mirrors. windows and my floors. I also use my own non toxic cleaner for my carpet machine. DH was very skeptical at first but after giving it a try, agrees it cleans better than my Bissel carpet cleaner we used to buy. My carpets smell like Lavender (my favorite) instead of the harsh cleaners. It's also safer for my dogs too. They are always licking the floors :) I am sure you misplaced the Kimberly Bootcamp dvd.

That is terrible about your daughters dog Diane Sue

Today was Barb back for me tomorrow I’m going to do shoulders and be finished with beast for a little bit start something new

Reactions: WD
I was going to write down what I did this morning but it's such a lot of exercises, I don't really feel like it right now. LOL!! Anyways, I did have a great workout this morning and really liked it.

Diane - OMG! I can't believe that about your daughters dog. How sad. :( I really wish they could find @ssholes that do that and just throw them in jail forever. I'm sure your grandkids took it hard. I'm so sorry!! I thought your PT appointment was tomorrow? How did it go? I hope your pain is going away.

Jolie - Nice workout, glad you did that one I was wondering how it was. I might try it next week. Glad you are feeling better!

Belinda - Nice job with your workout today!! That is cool that you get all natural product to clean with. I should look into that.

Roxie - Great job on your workout, hope your stomach is feeling better.

Doreen - How did you like RAW Step #2. I think I've done that one and remember liking it.

Have a great evening everyone!!

Belinda, I used to order from Melaleuca to get natural cleaners. I did that for several years and it was expensive. Then I started finding more natural cleaners available on Amazon and now they are showing up in stores which is nice and a lot more convenient. I have tried some homemade things that were a hit and some that were a miss. Like making my own color catchers which was so much work and then they really did not work well. Now I have a stack of white felt squares. Also natural laundry soap did not work so well either. I decided it was too much work. I would pay the money because I ended up not using all of it.

Good Evening,

I did Morning Meltdown Meltcon #19 its metabolic and there is quite the challenge at the end of this one. After tomorrow its time to take another picture and weigh and measure.

Jolie-I am liking these workouts she changes them up just a little every time you do them

Diane Sue-I really don’t mind the strawberry Shakeology but I did cancel my monthly shipment of it

Roselyn nice work on BB.

Debbie, PT is tomorrow. I have to do a group of exercises every day at home on my own in between visits. There is an app and I can see my exercises with explanations and some videos and mark them done. They run through them and some others during PT then the PT works on me and discusses things with me. This week was Tuesday and Friday for visiting the PT facility. It is too bad they did not get the trucks tag number. I am sure they were more in shock with what happened. My daughter had to call my granddaughters friend and have her tell her so that someone would be there with her. She just started back to school and is living in dorms. They waited till after wed evening church to tell my grandson. It was rough as there was still blood all over at the end of the drive. I just don't understand the lack of compassion and anger that are in some people.

Roxie nice work. I tried a packet of shakeology once. It wasn't much different than some stuff I got from GNC that was almost identical ingredients and not near the cost. I am not a fan of most plant based drinks that have things like pea protein in them.

Today I did Cathe Live Kick, Punch & Cardio #132 and had a great workout. I wasn't really feeling it when I got up but once I started I had a lot of fun. Another mix of kickboxing and boxing on the bag - no abs in this one. Love these workouts. I also did the ab work from the workout I did yesterday - the Ball Ab Workout. I liked it, glad I did it.

Workout was 59 minutes, burned 470 calories, went 5367 steps and HR was 142/175.

Have great workouts everyone!!

Good morning,

Slow & Heavy Triceps and Biceps is done.

Diane - I never mixed my own laundry soap. Like you said you can find everything on Amazon or stores. I use an all natural laundry detergent which works well. I use this product for my whites mostly https://www.amazon.com/Nellies-Non-Toxic-Powdered-Laundry-Detergent/dp/B00M39VE0G/ref=sr_1_12?crid=1OCPTNBDAE732&keywords=molly+suds+laundry+detergent&qid=1566559895&s=gateway&sprefix=Molly,aps,176&sr=8-12&th=1 My clothes come out nice and clean without bleach. You can find it a lot cheaper at TJMAX.Their are so many new natural/non toxic products out there you have to find what works best for you. I also have tried some homemade things that were a hit and some that were a miss.
I tried many different Castile Soaps over the years, Dr. Bronner is the one I love and use. It's an amazing cleaner .https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Bronners-Suds-Biodegradable-Cleaner/dp/B00016QTYO/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1O74IXCAX4ZRP&keywords=dr.bronners+sal+suds&qid=1566560462&s=gateway&sprefix=dr.bronners+Sal%2Caps%2C142&sr=8-1 You can find it a lot cheaper at Whole Foods or Target. https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Bronners-...p/B001ET725W?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_3024701011&th=1 Again, you find it at TJMaxx a lot cheaper they also have smaller sizes for you to try before you buy a bigger bottle. I tried many other/cheaper Castile Liquid Soap. This product is the best, IMO! This soap last for a very long time, you only use a small amount. Love, love, love this stuff. I highly recommend. This stuff is pure soap.

Debbie - great job on your workout. I love natural products plus everything smells so good after you clean and it cleans a lot better than Lysol or any other chemical products,IMO! If you read all the ingredients what's in any chemical products it's very scary. All the products I mention above I use and highly recommend after trying so many others. Love Dr. Bronner soap.

Have a great day and workout everyone. BBL!

Last edited:
Raw Ripped & Ride April this morning. With a break to get my kiddos breakfast and off to school. Then I hop in the shower to find out we have NO HOT water!!! And I'm a sweaty mess so I have to shower. Ugh.

Today I went for it and did Yvette Bachman, Step/Heavy Weights and Core! This is one of her easier workouts, 45 seconds cardio on the step or floor, using the medicine ball occasionally, Chest or Triceps, 8 to 12 reps heavy weights and 30 seconds of core. Wow, how I have missed these workouts. Workout was 1 hour and 6 minutes, I did the stretch and i burned 593 calories. I have to tell you, I am really sore from yesterday's Cathe Upper Body Ball workout, I really felt that one. :) Average heart rate today was 128 and max was 174. I kept the impact low, modified where need be.

Debbie, I haven't tried that kickboxing workout, I will have to try it soon. I like those workouts with the higher calorie burns, God knows I need to drop some weight I gained over the summer :( I think you will like the workout I did yesterday, it is great when your not in the mood to lift heavy and want to do a whole upper body workout.

Belinda, I haven't done Slow and Heavy in about 10 years! Did you like it or was it just too slow? I just found all of my DVD's that I had packed so I am going to look through them today. I did give some to the thrift store when I moved because I knew I would never do them again.

Doreen, nice Ride workout today. I cant believe you don't have any hot water! Yikes

Diane Sue, I hope you are feeling better today and have a nice workout.

Roselyn, what are you going to do after BB?

Happy Friday!

Jolie - I like S&H. I can go heavy since the pace is slower. Don't go through your dvd's to quickly, you may regret it later on. What I am doing is going actually doing each workout. If they have a dread factor out they go. So far everything I got rid off I have zero regrets. I almost did one of Yvette Bachman workouts. Needed something a little slower today. Great job today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.