Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 11/18

This morning I chose one of my Cardio Coach mixes I made up. I only did the first two challenges becaues my stupid Mp3 player decided to die right when challenge #2 started. So I had to do Challenge #2 on my own. There were three challenges on this mix but I just couldn't get into it doing it on my own so I stopped after the second challenge. Stupid Mp3 player.

Cardio stats:
46 minutes
39 minutes in zone
279 calories burned (treadmill showed 331 so what's up with that?)
3 miles

Not bad with the stats. I just can't figure out why my HRM reads such low calorie burns. Very frustrating.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am gonna do the slow and heavy triceps/biceps and work abs. Disgusted with scale this morning, but is not worried.:D

Debbie,

I am sure you burned the 331 in that time frame. That is about what I burn, and others too for 40 mins. Everytime I stay on for 1 hour, I pretty much burn 500 cals, give or take a few 5 or 10. I burned around that yesterday, but should have just kept my ass on the elliptical.

Hi Everyone! :D

This morning, brought back Legs & Glutes X and S&H Biceps. I didn’t do the one that’s 79 minutes I did the 67 minutes, got a good workout. I had a crazy night last night long story, but me and client didn’t get home till 7pm I had to hurry to feed him before his daddy picked him up.

Any who. I didn’t go as heavy as the last time I did this w/o I matched Cathe

2X's
Leg Press on High Step (2 sets)
Hover Squats
Rear Lunges with heel elevated (rt side)
Plie Squats (varied tempo hold)
Rear Lunges with heel elevated (left set)
Plie Squats (varied tempo pulse)
Drop Squats on High Step
Explosive Plie Squats
(with curtsey lunge insert)
Calf Raises
One Legged Deadlifts
(didn’t do one legged I did traditional with my BB)
Plie Squats (traditional)
Sculpting Drills slow motion on High Step
Explosive Lunges (no weights or equipment)

Outer Thigh Leg Press on high step with ankle weights (2 sets)
Calf Raises
Standing Leg Extensions with ankle weights
Standing Outer Thigh Lifts with ankle weights

S&H Biceps
S&H curls DB 15/15/15
Outer Thigh Leg Press on high step with ankle weights (2 sets)
Calf Raises
Hammer curls DB 15/15/15
(these got me good)
Standing Leg Extensions with ankle weights
Standing Outer Thigh Lifts with ankle weights
BB curls 35/35/30
(by this time I was tired)

Morning ladies. I have been MIA - I started P90X last week. I bought it off Craig's list. I was so sore last week. I am really like it. I don't know if I will ever be able to do unassisted pull ups - more than 2 anyway. I am trying.

Otherwise I am doing really well with it. I am worried about being able to keep up the workouts while out of town next week for the holiday. Wish me luck!

Debbie, you should do the cario blast on Drill max for a cardio burn. That one kicks butt.

Take care everyone.

Debbie: Your workout was still good:D Did you post your rotation yet? and where would I find it?

Ally: Hello:D

Does anyone watch the new TV series Fringe? I seen a little of it a few weeks ago, and it is really good. It kind of reminds me of The X Files. I’m going to watch. it tonight. if I don’t fall asleep. I just started watching House, I love that man.

Last edited:
Toasty - impressed your hanging knee raises. I am doing an ab routine I found in Oxygen where you do trisets of 15 hanging knee raise, 15 v ups and 15 reverse crunches, then 12 of each then 10 of each. By the end my abs are screaming!

Just a premix for me this morning from Amy's ASC 3. Took about 50 minutes.

Debbie
- My shoulder pain is right in front of my shoulder and hurts more lifting my arms straight up in front of me. It's also more of a burning than a pain:confused:

Ally - Hi!

Teddy - Who are these "clients" you are talking about? Especially ones you need to feed before their Daddy picks them up?

Char - Nice job on the hanging leg raises!

Ally - Good to see you girl! We miss you! Which Oxygen month is that ab routine in?

Teddygirl - No, I haven't even made the rotation up yet. I'll do that on my rest week and get it posted by Dec. 1st. I've seen the advertisement for Fringe and have wanted to watch it but keep forgetting too. It does look good.

Char - Nice ab work! You are inspiring me to do hanging knee raises again. :p

Hi Deb - sorry to have been so "absent". I started a new consulting position and have been quite busy. All good though.

I believe it is in the December issue. If you don't have it, I can scan and email to you. Let me know.

I forgot to post my workout. I did plyometrics today. It is fun and challenging. I also really liked the Yoga X - I did not think I would like it, because I am just not a yoga person. the first 30 minutes are very challengin and second were more balance and pose - I did nothave time for the third 30 minutes. Not too often I can work out for entire 90 minutes.

Hi Deb - sorry to have been so "absent". I started a new consulting position and have been quite busy. All good though.

I believe it is in the December issue. If you don't have it, I can scan and email to you. Let me know.

No, I have all the issues. I just wanted to know which one. I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks!

Good afternoon!

This morning was chest and back and Cardio Coach #6 with Candace.

Lat Pulldowns
8r 10r 10r 12r
90# 90# 90# 80#
Let me explain - I felt like I could do more reps, but then I really wasn't feeling it as much in my back as I was in my arms so I felt like maybe I didn't have the best form so I dropped to 80#. Next week I will drop all sets to 85#. I'm working toward my pullups and if I don't feel it in my back I won't get there.

Bench Press
10r 8r 6r 4r
60# 65# 75# 80#
At 75# I could hardly get the last rep out so was worried about 80# but then had no problem with it. Hmmm...

Seated Cable Rows
8r 10r 10r 12r
50# 55# 60# 65#

Pushups
20/20/20/20
On the last two sets I have to take a teensie break halfway through. Wimp! I do these between lat row sets.

Kneeling Cable Rows
8r 10r 10r 12r
50# 55# 60# 70#
Need to start heavier next time.

Finished off workout with Cardio Coach 6 with Candace.

Where is Diane Sue? I hope she's feeling okay.

I need to go get my shoulder stretched this afternoon. I can't tell you how much it hurts when I have it done. I want to just cry my eyes out! But he keeps telling me it's good for it. Gosh, I hope so!

Ally - Welcome back. Oh how I love the DOMS that come with the first week of P90X. It's killer! Good job! I love Plyometrics.

Debbie - That was a great workout against the odds. :)

Char - Nice ab work woman!

Linda - I don't think that burning pain is good. I had/have that plus the impingement pain. You really should go have it looked at.

Hey Maniacs! This morning I did Turbo Jams Kick Punch and Crunch followed by TBS shoulders and neck segment. Felt fine! My tight shoulder/neck muscles are doing much better with these drills.:) I'm quite happy with the results so far. I'll be heading out for a bike ride as soon as all my customers come. I missed my ride yesterday.

Debbie- I get about the same calorie burns as you do and we have the same HRM. I got about the same with my polar, so I'm thinking it's fairly accurate. The better shape I'm in the lower my burns will be. My treadmill gives me huge calorie burns and I know that's not right or I'd be a bean pole.

Teddy- I haven't heard of that show. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. You are doing some great workouts!

Toasty- In P90X+ Total body, they do pull-ups with a knee raise and a bicycle! You should try the bicycle movement once your knees are up there, oh and add the pull-up for sh*ts and giggles :p. My abs were so sore from that!

Ally-
Glad you are back! I love how P90X gives such great DOMS! I've been adding some in here and there and I get sore every time.

Linda- I agree with Suz...You should have that shoulder looked at. You don't want to be causing more damage.

Suz- Great workout! How long are these taking you? I need to get up earlier and try and get some more cardio in.

Well I'm outta here, gotta load the bike up and head for the trails.:p

Hi Maniacs

I got my Lauren Brooks DVD and am heading off to the basement to see me shiny bright red kettlebell and try it out again. I am excited.

Dallys & Diane Sue, it's a 15# one, Go-Fit brand from Target, it was 45 bucks, I thought it was going to be 40 (?online) or mismarked, but I couldn't resist. I'll fill you in on the DVD later, I'm sure I'll only do the short workout first until I get used to it.

Ally, good to see you back, I did a couple weeks of p90x for the third time a few weeks ago, you should get great results and don't worry about the pulls/chins, the first time I did it I never even had a bar, I used the lat pull down machine. I still can only do assisted ones.

Suz, you are not wimpy!

Debbie and Toasty, has anyone heard from Lora lately, I've been thinking about her, hope all is well!

Teddygirl, you have tiny clients?

Things are not good with MIL, I stopped in today and my nurse instinct kicked in big time, after I confirmed my gut with her nurse, I called DH crying and said it's time to make her a no code. I didn't want people pounding on her chest while she's trying to die. I didn't want to admit it until today. The saddest part is FIL is 14 years older then MIL. He can't see, can't hear and was totally dependent on her. It breaks my heart to see him at her bedside. Sometimes life's little twists just plain s*ck!

BB when I can.

Amber

Last edited:
Amber- So sorry to hear your MIL is not doing well. What a hard situation, and yes, life's little twists just plain s*ck!. :( Can't wait to hear your report about the KB workout.

Well I was downstairs starting my tricep work from slow and heavy and my husband calls. I left a message with him earlier letting him know our neighbors invited us over for dinner, which I thought was very nice of them. She is making a roast chicken and a bunch of other stuff and sounded very excited. I told her we would be over, but I have to find out when Bobby gets home. So Bobby calls me back and pretty much rips my head off that I accepted the dinner invitation on a weekday as he is just concerned with going to bed earlier on the weekday. That is fine, but did he have to freak out on me??? I am so very upset. It was if I was caught spending tons of money without telling him or something. So I am making his dinner and gonna put it in the frig and he can eat it when he gets home WITHOUT ME! I am leaving. Not sure where I am going, but he is not gonna speak to me like that!

I will probably run or something in the dark. Anybody tries to bother me they will be very sorry. I got alot of adrenaline built up!

Suz: Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccce work, I am impressed;)

Dallys: Hey woman :D Fringe comes on every Tuesday at 9pm on channel 8, right after House. Check it out it's good and it's wierd. Who ever writes the scripts, has a very creative mind. You had a good workout, great job! ;)

Amber: I only have one client he’s 14, and a sweetie pie!

Toasty: Don't sweat it:) I say this because we all have our days. I'm sure when DH get home he'll apologizes :)

Well ladies, I'm out of here in 15 Yaaaaahhhhhooo:rolleyes: I'm going to have a very quiet evening. Have a wonderful evening all:p

Last edited:
Toasty - you and I are a lot alike. If DH pi$$es me off, I take out in the dark. As a bonus, I always get an amazing workout in by doing that b/c I'm so pumped up. Just be safe - maybe he is having a bad day??

I have to head out. Yesterday was PS legs and a nice walk with my daughter. Today was PS chest, shoulders and tris, and abs from PS legs. I'll do some sort of cardio later on. I sort of slumped b/c life got in the way and I quit eating like I was - wow - what a difference. Today, I just almost started to cry and wanted to quit but what good would that do me? So, I forged on and had a good weight workout but I need a good sweat later on. Guess days like this are good for a kick in the butt and to make me realize what I want to work for...and to never, ever let off of the eating b/c I've felt like hell on top of my horrible allergies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.