Hardcore Check In for April 2017

Today I did my own Back/Biceps using both BB Bulk and Build workouts again. I added a different exercise for Biceps - incline curls. I love this exercise but it never feels right when I do it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with this exercise. Today I felt like I was too far back, but I had my bench up at the highest angle. This exercise tends to hurt my elbows so I went really light. I'll have to YouTube it and see what I'm doing wrong.

BACK
Giant Set - Build
EZ Bar Row:
30#/45#/55# - 15/12/8 reps
One Arm Row: 20#/25#/35# - 15/12/8 reps
Reverse Fly: 10's/12's/15's - 15/12/8 reps

Super Set - Bulk
Pullover:
20#/30#/35#/30# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)
Pull-Up: Used my blue bands - 10/10/10 reps

BICEPS
Progressive Set - Bulk
Concentration Hammer Curl:
12's/15's/20's/20's/15's/12's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps
(I did seated Hammer Curls, do not like concentration curls)

Single Set/Drop Set - Build
Incline Dumbbell Curl:
8's/10's/12's/10's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)
This is where I changed exercise. Not sure why this never feels right when I do it.

Neutral EZ Bar Curl: 20#/30#/35# 30# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Then I walked 1 mile on my treadmill.

Diane Sue - I think I have a deficit set in MFP or FB but never remember seeing a negative number for calorie intake? That's weird.

Jolie - Nice job with your walks yesterday and hitting such a high step count. That is amazing, wish I could do that!!!

Roselyn - Hope you are doing well!!!

Today I did Kelly
Coffey's Melt down both workouts mix, 59 minutes, 391 calories, heart rate 124 average/169 max. Watching clips is deceiving. This was a tough workout. I had looked at the worksheet and thought it looked light. I started out too heavy the first round. I liked it. I then did Kelly's Body Design lower body and yoga, 29 minutes (I did not use the warm up) 97 calories. Total time was 88 minutes, 488 calories. 4,619 steps so far. I liked the heavy bag boxing on the second workout of Meltdown. I had forgotten that was one of the things I was looking forward to. I broke the skin a bit though wearing my combat gloves. I should have worn the heavy bag gloves.
Weight
3 rounds of all moves each exercise around 1 minute no rest between exercises
25# kettlebell
1 dumbbell seated overhead press with feet off the floor in a sort of leaned back v alternating sides 15#,12#,12#
dumbbell seated row and biceps curls leaning forward 15#, 12#,12#
bench press skull crushers 15#, 12#,12#
bench hops 1 rnd over the step, 2 nd rnd straddle hops, 3rd rnd over the step (this is holding onto the step)
barbell clean from hips 10 reps 35#,30#,30#
barbell thrusters 10 reps 30#,30#,30#
barbell front squats 10 reps 30#
finisher after all three rounds mountain climbers while holding onto the barbell on the floor
The lower body on Body Design used 1 pair of dumbbells. I used 15's and could have probably had some 20's for most of it. These are each done for 50 sec and Kelly does a double dumbbell move like squats and then a move like revers lunges holding one dumbbell

Debbie, I am not sure on weighted incline curls. It never bothers me. I have had other moves bother my elbows.

Today I did Chest. I was running short on time so I only did 4 exercises with 3 sets per exercise. I rested 1.5 minutes in between sets. I went heavy and I went to failure on each set. I am starting to get a lot of muscle going heavy and to failure. I think my body really likes this type of workout.

warm up chest press- 15# DB x 15

Chest Press DB-
30# x 14, x 12, x 11

Chest Flies-
25# x 12, x 10, x 9

Incline Chest Press DB-
30# x 12, x 10, x 9

Incline Flies-
25# x 10, x 9, x 9

I burned 216 Calories.

Diane Sue, Nice job on your new workout. I will try to check those out today, great calorie burn!

Debbie,
great workout today. Incline curls hurt me a little too! Sometimes when you do them on the stability ball you can kind of rest your elbows on the ball and that helps. Tony Horton says to really hang your arms straight down and curl upward. I think you need to go really light since it isolates the muscle so well. Otherwise you can do them hammer style and I find that doesn't bother my elbows as much.

Roselyn, I hope you had a great workout today.

Enjoy the day!

So yesterday was cardio I did not post because I ended up at the hospital with my dad last night, he decided on his own to stop taking his diurectic which he needs because he has so many heart issues, so now he has to have all that fluid drained out, They are also going to do a ultrasound of heart to make sure nothing else going on

so today I did ramped up upper body

Roselyn, I am sorry that your Dad stopped his medicine. I think my Dad took too much of some of his because he would forget if he took it. His blood was way too thin. Also after looking at his over the counter stuff he probably should not have been taking some of the joint stuff and herbals that he was taking. It is hard to keep tabs on the elderly. I hope he will be okay.

Jolie, I forgot to mention the heavy bag boxing workout was done as tabatas, also there was some breaks with different movement patterns like jacks an shuffles between groups of rounds . For those without the bag she says to just do shadow boxing. Good work on the heavy lifting that you have been doing.

Here is a link to Kelly's workout it is an upper body workout Coffeyfit Rawhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ3HlI7nF60&t=44s

Last edited:
Really quick check in - I have to be to work in like 15 minutes.

Did Cardio Coach 6 w/Candace but only did Challenge 1 & 2. Kicked @ss with it, I ran faster than ever.

Workout was 31 minutes, ran 2.12 miles, burned 226 calories (TM said 284) and went 4319 steps.

I purchased RIPT90 Fit yesterday, check it out on Amazon. Look awesome!!!

Hope you all have great workouts!!!

Today I did Kelly Coffey Body Design mix, cardio bootcamp, light dumbbell sculpting, and weighted kickbox, heart rate 124 avg. / 156 max, 46 minutes, 305 calories. I wanted to check out the workout I have been wanting to get polished out on my new dvd player and it worked perfectly:) It was Keli Roberts, Polyperformance Metabolic Plyometric Circuits, (skipped the warm up) 47 heart rate 120/ 160 max 318 calories,. Total time today was 93 minutes, calories burned 623. 7581 steps this morning. I have to go out to get a birthday present for my youngest grandchild and molly bolts to hang my bedroom curtains.

Debbie, I have seen others using Ript 90 here on the forums. They seem to like it.

Today I walked outside since it is just beautiful today. I walked 1 hour and 30 minutes, 5.5 miles, 86 average heart rate, 143 max, and I burned 621 calories. My feet are sore today, I think because it is getting warmer and they swell more this time of the year. It is 10:35 am and I am at 16.210 steps so far today. I took my dog for a 2 mile dog walk before my workout walk.

Debbie, I will check out that workout, thanks for sharing! Great job on the run this morning, you are killing it lately!

Diane Sue, I previewed the dvds you purchased and they look great. I look forward to your feedback on the workouts.

Roselyn, I hope your dad will be ok. I just met my dad yesterday and damn near cried when I saw him. He is aging so fast and loosing so much muscle I can barely recognize him. He has always been the strongest man in my life and now he is the most frail. Good job on working out through it all.

Have a nice day.

Today I worked Shoulders. Should have done Legs as well but knees are bugging me still. Had a good shoulder workout, though.

SHOULDERS
Super Set - Build
Lateral Raise:
8's/10's/12's - 15/12/8 reps
Upright Row: 25#/30#/35#/30# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Giant Set - Build
EZ Bar Underhand Press:
20#/25#/30# - 15/12/8
1, 1, 2 Front Raise: 5's/8's/10's - 15/12/8
Rear Dealt Raise: 10's/12's/15's - 15/12/8

EZ Bar Shrugs: 30#/50#/70#/50# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Workout was 32 minutes, Avg HR was 82, Max HR was 122, burned 104 calories.

Then I walked 1.25 mile on my treadmill. I've been getting up a bit earlier to get at least 1 mile in. Happy to have that extra .25!!!

I should be getting RipT90 today, looking forward to seeing how it is. Hope you all have great workouts and a great weekend!!

Today I did Shoulders and Legs. I did four sets of each shoulder exercise with a two minute rest between sets. Each set was to failure. Legs I did a lot of sets with Leg Curls and Leg Extensions.

Warm up shoulder press DB-12# x 15

DB Shoulder Press-
25# x 13, x 12, x 11, x 9

1 Arm Lateral Raise-
15# x 12, x 11, x 10, x 9

Rear Flies-
15# x 12, x 11, x 10, x 10

DB Upright Rows-
20# x 12, x 11, x 9, x 8

DB Front Rear Raise-
10# x 12, x 11, x 10, x 9

Leg Ext-
40# x 24
50# x 20, x 17, x 15 x 12, x 12

Leg Curls-
20# x 20, x 18, x 18, x 16, x 16

Workout was 1 hour 10 minutes and I burned 381 Calories.

Debbie, nice workout today! Let me know what you think of those workouts you are getting, I would love to get something new, I am getting bored.

Diane Sue and Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout today.

Have a nice day.

Today I did Cross Fire, with the bonus abs, 65 minutes, 439 calories. I then did Kelly Coffey Body Design Upper, cool down and yoga, 34 minutes, 106 calories. Total time was 99 minutes, 545 calories.
Weights Body Design Upper
Each exercise is done 3 times 10 reps 1 dumbbell all right then all left except dips which alternates sides
1 arm dumbbell row 25# 10 reps 3X
lateral raise 10# 10 reps 3X
boxer pledge curls 10# 10 reps 3X ( I could have went heavier)
dips 1 arm 10 reps right then 10 reps left no sitting back onto the bench between 4 times
1 arm chest press Kelly used 20# I used 15# 10 reps 3X

Debbie, it will be interesting to see what you think of Ripd 90. Great job getting up to get in your walk as well.

Jolie, good workout today .

Roselyn, I am glad to hear that your dad is home now. Surely he won't take that chance again.

Today I did BACK. I am so tired, Santa Ana winds blew all night long and I got absolutely no sleep! It is very hot and dry here today, it was hard to motivate myself to workout. I did 6 exercises, 3 sets per exercise and each set to failure. I rested 2 minutes between sets because I was lifting heavy and I am tired. Workout was 46 minutes and I burned 314 calories.

BB Rows-
65# x 14, 12, x 10

1 Arm Rows-
35# x 12, x 10, x 9

Deadlifts, stiff legged-
45# x 13, x 12, x 12

1 Arm Horizontal Row-
30# x 12, x 10, x 8

Narrow Grip Pull Downs Palms facing in-
70# x 10, x 10, x 10

Wide Grip Pull Down-
60# x 12, x 10, x 10

I am dead! I stopped doing wide grip pulldowns over the last 6 months because my lats got too big. When I wear tank tops it makes me look like I have back fat. I am not sure if I want to start doing them again because my cloths fit better without big lats. What do you think? Pullovers hurt my shoulder so I don't do those anymore.

Diane Sue, great workout and nice calorie burn!

Debbie, I cant wait to hear your thoughts on the new workouts.

Roselyn, our parents are giving us a lot of stress lately! I hate seeing them age...

Have a fantastic day!

Today I did X Train All Out Low Impact Hiit step , disc, and core mix, 36 minutes, 252 calories. I then did Kelly Coffey Body Design Lower body increasing the weight from what I used the first time, 17 minutes, 54 calories, finishing off with Barre Amped Bounce thigh bounce, and booty bounce, 112 calories wearing 3# ankle weights. Total time 81 minutes,
Body Design Lower 50 seconds each weight move
squats 25's
reverse lunge 25#
deadlift 25's
side step outs 25#
front lunge pulse 25's
deadlift plié 25#
chair with ankle weights 5#

Jolie, I understand not sleeping. We had lots of thunder, lightening, wind , and rain all night and this morning. They still have more coming in and maybe hail. I got up 3 times to check our sun room. Sometimes when the winds blowing the right way and the rain is coming down hard one side leaks along the flashing. We have tried to seal it. No one seems to want to fix glassed in rooms. My husband has plans to put a regular roof on and make it into more of a basic room. It was originally built on a patio. I put down towels and buckets just in case. It did leak a little. I was afraid it would come out on the new wood flooring. I was dragging and kept finding something else to do before I finally drug myself upstairs to workout. If you don't like the look of your lats I would go lighter but still work them. I know the feeling though. I have done the same thing.

I started RIPT90 today and after watching a few of the workouts this weekend I was thinking Holy Smokes!!! These will be tough!! So I did Arms & Shoulders today and although everyone on the workout was drenched in sweat, I didn't even break a sweat. Sort of bummed about that. These are sort of circuit type workouts, so you go from one exercise to another with no break. I had no breaks. I lifted fairly heavy, but maybe I should have gone a bit higher. Maybe that's why I didn't break a sweat? I didn't even hit 100 calories burned and I was hoping this one would be more on the higher burning calorie side.

This is the workout:
SETS 1 & 2 - doing these in circuit style going from one exercise to the next
Reverse Grip Chin Up: 10 reps - Used my Perfect Chin Up Bar for this but did them like Cathe does them with feet out in front of you on the floor.
Shoulder Press: 12's/15's - 10 reps
Triceps Kickbacks: 10# each arm, first set was 5 reps, second set was 10 reps. Not sure why
Alternate Hammer Curls: 15's/17's - 10 reps
Upright Row: 12's/15'2 - 10 reps
Overhead Triceps Extension: 20# - 10 reps

SETS 3, 4 & 5
Curl to Overhead Press: 12's/12's/15's - 10 reps
One Arm Triceps Extension: 10# - 10 reps each arm each set

Then I did 5 sets of 30 second hold planks (not on the workout).

Workout was 37 minutes, Avg. HR 72, Max 94, burned 70 calories. Really?

Also walked on my TM for a little over 1 mile.

All in all, good workout. I loved the warmup.

Be back later if I have time!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.