Hardcore Check In for April 2017

Today I did Rapid Fire 4 Sweat, 73 minutes, 483 calories. I then did Barre Amped Power Stretch, 23 minutes, 53 calories. Total time 97 minutes, 536 calories. My husband is putting in the new molding. We should have the baths back to working tonight :) They will be back tonight to lay more flooring. We got to bed at a decent time last night. I got over 7 hours of sleep last night.

Debbie, I think you burned a lot more calories than that. You would think when we lift weights that our heart rate would be elevated enough to give a decent calorie burn. I follow the Met value tables just to see where I would be and I am generally 2 to 3 met value numbers lower than in Cathe's tables.. I imagine our extra calories come through the rest of the day. I am finding watching Fit Bit and letting it monitor everything that it takes calories and by the end of the day I have extra calories. It counts for other times during the day when it recognizes elevated activity and it counts some extra for steps. I guess I am obsessed with it because I write down all of the different methods and even the different met values and calorie burns I pick up from Cathe's Workout manager. I check steps before and after the workout and floors. I have had the rebounder give me extra floors. One of my work days I here I got 36 floors just going up and down the stairs. That should count for something.
I hope that your pampered chef party went well. My daughters had some a few times years ago. I still have two pans and other accessories I purchased.

Jolie, the work is still going. The ceramic is done. They are putting down the Pergo Plus wood flooring and the plumber is here so we will soon have downstairs baths in working order again. Great job on the calories and steps. That is great that your son will be touring USC and meeting with the football coaches to tour:) My husband has always been a USC fan. He has his USC caps and tees he still wears.

Hi Roselyn. Good job keeping up with the workouts.

Today I did Les Mills Pump Step, 32 minutes, 229 calories, 135 average heart rate/ 174 max. I wanted to do some strength work. maybe later. We need to go buy a mirror for the bathroom.

Today I did Run Fit and had an excellent workout. My steady state pace is getting faster and faster. Well, faster for me. I'm talking from a 4.0, to a 4.3 to a 4.5 now. Seems slow sometimes but after a few minutes it catches up to me. However, I can sustain this pace for a long period of time. Sprints are getting faster and I have to jog up inclines to get my HR up. Walking up even a 11 or 12% incline does not wind me anymore.

Workout was 52 minutes, ran. 3.57 miles, burned 371 calories (TM said 497) and went 7329 steps. Jammin'!!!

Diane - I guess it all works out by the end of the day, but just irritating to see such low calorie burns all the time. My party went great, I received $115 free and 3 items at 1/2 off. I'm having trouble finding stuff to buy, I have just about everything! LOL!!!

Roselyn - Nice job with your workout!!

Jolie - I just heard a song by Dolly Parton with your name in it. Love it!!! Have you ever heard it before? Oh shoot, nevermind, the song title is Jolene. Close enough, though! Yes, I'm off this week. Is great to have time to workout!!!

Today I worked my shoulders. Was supposed to be Legs and Shoulders but my knees are bugging me lately. I hate that, my legs really need some work and I can't do anything. And everytime I start working them again, my knees start to hurt all over again. :( Had a great workout, though, shoulders were fried.

SHOULDERS

Progressive Set - Bulk
Upright Row:
25#/30#/35#/35#/25#/20# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Single/Drop Set - Build
Shoulder Press:
10's/15's/20's/12's - 15/12/7/8 reps (last two were drop sets)

Super Set - Bulk
Alternate Front Raise:
8's/10's/12's - 15/12/8 reps
Plate Twist Twist: 12# - 10/10/10 reps

Super Set - Bulk
Superman Stretch:
2 sets/10 reps
Plank Twist Twist: 2 sets/30 seconds
Russian Twist: 2 sets/30 seconds - 8# (added this)

Workout was 35 minutes, Avg HR 80, Max HR 126, 99 calories burned.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 2.25 miles, treadmill said I burned 289 calories so cool!

Hope you all have great workouts today and have a great weekend!!!

Today I did STS Total Body , 66 minutes, 291 calories. I then did the Fit Tower DVD long and lean that came with the Fit Tower, 34 minutes, 88 calories. Total calories 379, 1 hour 40 minutes. Not a great burn for such a long workout. Oddly my average heart rate for STS was 99 and for the Fit tower workout that was not intense at all 92. It makes no sense to me.
Weights tri sets
squats 30's x 16 reps; 30's xsquats narrow stance 25's 12
one leg elevated lunge 20's x 16 reps; 20's x 12 reps
power barbell deadlift 55# 16 reps; 55# 12 reps
barbell bench press 35# 16 reps; 35# 12 reps
chest fly 15's x 16 reps; 16's x 12 reps
dips body weight 16; 12
push ups close grip 8, standard 16 reps
barbell rows 55# 16 reps; 55# 12 reps
one arm row 30# 16 reps; 30# 12 reps
standing dumbbell curl 17.5's x 16 reps; 17.5's x 12 reps
T pull with band
Biceps curls with band
squats narrow stance 25's 16 reps; 25's 12 reps
static lunge 25's 16 reps; 25's 12 reps
stiff legged dead lift 55# 16 reps; 55# 12 reps
standing overhead press 15's 16 reps; 16's 12 reps
standing upright rows barbell 25# 16 reps; 25# 12 reps
standing lateral raise 5# 16 reps; 5# 12 reps
side slide lunge 15's 16 reps; 15's 12 reps
one leg slide back lunge 15's 16 reps; 15's 12 reps
wide stance deadlifts 55# 16 reps 55# 12 reps

Debbie, I am sorry that you are having problems with the legs again. Nice job on the shoulders today.

Today I worked Shoulders. I did 4 sets per exercise, I went to failure on each set and I rested 1.5 minutes between sets. I am getting stronger, upping my reps each week. Soon I will have to go up in weight for a few exercises. I burned 254 calories. Its too hot to walk today so I skipped it. 92 degrees! At the end I did some leg extensions because I need to really start doing some exercises for my legs. My parents called and said they want to take my family to Hawaii this summer so I better start kickin it into high gear!!!

DB Overhead Press-
25# x 12, x 11, x 10, x 8

1 Arm Lat Raise-
15# x 11, x 10, x 9, x 8

Upright Rows DB-
20# x 12, x 10, x 9, x 8 These just about killed me!

Rear Flies-
15# x 12, x 10, x 9, x 8

Leg Extensions-
50# x 20, x 16, x 16, x 15, x 12 I go light on these and just do higher reps.

Debbie,
great shoulder workout. I know what you mean about working legs. Your running is probably enough since you run hills. I put in one leg exercise in a day if I can and it is easier on my legs and they tend to not have issues. Try it!

Diane Sue, great job on the total body workout. I like that one a lot. I am glad you are getting some good sleep lately. I bet your house looks awesome!

Roselyn, Good job on Intensity Max, that is a tough workout. I don't do it much because there is too much of a dread factor for me.

I am calling it a day and making a nice big Margarita! Happy FRIDAY!

Today I worked Back and did some legs at the end of the workout. I did 4 back exercises, 4 sets each and went to failure on each set. I went up in weight today and I really had to work to get these reps! 1.5 minute rest between sets.

Barbell Rows-
60# x 12, x 11, x 10, x 9

1 Arm Rows- 40# x 8, x 8 (I had to go down here)
35# x 9, x 9

Deadlifts BB-
55# x 12, x 11, x 10, x 9
(I used perfect form with no rounded shoulders.)

1 Arm Horiz. Row-
30# x 10, x 9, x 9, x8

BB Squats-
30# x 20, x 18, x 16, x 14 ( I go light with this exercise because my quads get too big) Higher reps for me on this one!

Leg Curls-
20# x 20, x 18, x 16, x 15

I burned 374 Calories! I had to work hard today and boy is it hot outside! 94 degrees today is what is forecasted!

I also walked my dog 2 miles but it was a slow walk.

I hope you all have a nice day!

Today I did Tabatacise. You would think my readings would be higher. It was 46 minutes, 362 calories with my calories burned calculator as net calories. This is what I used. It is at 7.3 on the Met scale on Cathe's Workout manager. She has a met value of 10 and way more calories. Fit Bit had me at 263 calories and when I entered it into My Fitness Pal it gave me 79 calories because it takes away 283 calories for steps when it syncs with Fit Bit. That is where it kind of makes me mad even though by the end of the day it gives all or most of the calories back. If I work really hard on steps it gives me extra. I am not sure I like letting the program monitor my overall heart rate and activity patterns. I found an explanation on MFP about how this works when I click on the Fit Bit symbol in exercise and steps in my diary. They calculate ahead of time by your patterns and goals set and it changes over the course of the day. Each time it syncs you will see a change in the numbers.

Jolie, great job on the weights. I would be fried with those weights on the upright rows. The hose is looking great. My husband bought new moulding and my grandson stained it. It is wide moulding or around the floor edges. It looks much nicer than the regular standard size. Next weekend if it doesn't rain we the guys will paint the exterior. Our home is mostly brick so it shouldn't take too long. We purchased the paint last night. We have to get HOA approval of the color which should not be a problem but is required. Hopefully it does not storm It has been pretty warm till yesterday when the storms hit. Today was in the 50's. Hawaii should be a lot of fun. It is beautiful there.

Yesterday was cardio and today was Deb's Body Best Back and Biceps

BACK

Giant Set-Build
EZ bar row 15,12,8 reps 45,50,55#
one arm row 15,12,8 reps 25,26,27#
Reverse Fly 15,12,8 reps 13,15,16#

Super Set-Build
Pullover 15,12,8,8, 26,28,30,28#
Pull-Up 10 reps 3x

BICEPS

Progressive Set-Bulk
Hammer Curl 15,12,8,8,12,15 reps 13,1516,16,15,13#

Single/Drop Set-Build
Seated Bicep Curl 15,12,8,8, reps 15,16,20,16#

Single /Drop Set-Build
Neutral EZ Bar Curl 15,12,8,8 reps 40,42,45,42#

Some ab work

No workout today. We have got a lot of our stuff put back together and pictures put back. I think even the dog was glad to have things back in their normal spaces. When we were pulling the table out of the sun room she ran right to the dining room like she knew that was where it belonged. Also she was able to get to her crate in the back corner of the sunroom and has spent a lot of time in it since yesterday.

Roselyn, nice work on the BB rotation Debbie put together.

Today I worked Chest & Tri's with the BB workouts I mixed, and this is week 4 already. Had a great workout, just wish it didn't take so long to get through this workout. Really felt it, though. This will probably be my last week doing this, I need to do something different, getting tired of it.

CHEST

Super Set - Bulk
Incline Fly:
17s/20s/25s - 15/12/8/8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 20's/25's/30's/20's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Combo Set - Bulk
Close Grip Press to Fly:
17's/20's/25's - 15/12/8 reps

Giant Set - Build
Close Grip Press:
15's/20's/25's - 15/12/8 reps
Partial Chest Fly: 12's/15's/20's - 15/12/8 reps
Decline Push-Ups: 12/10/8 reps (was supposed to be 15/12/8 reps, I was done here)

TRICEPS

Single Set/Drop Set - Build
Lying Dumbbell Extension:
10's/12's/15's/12's - 15/12/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Progressive Set - Bulk
Triceps Kickbacks: 8#/10#/12#/12#/10#/8# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set - Build
Dips: Skipped
Ins/Outs: Skipped

Ran out of time here, I wanted to walk on my treadmill and get some steps in. I was able to walk for 1 mile.

Nice workouts everyone!! I worked in my yard this weekend but it was cold here. Didn't really get much done.

Roselyn - Hope you like the rotation and workouts, did it feel harder to you mixing them?

Today I did Hammer Total Body, 46 minutes, 203 calories and 10 minute ab hammer, 12 minutes, 43 calories. I finished off with Rock'm Sock'm timesaver 1 warm up, blizzard blast, cooldown, 28 minutes, 188 calories. Total time 86 minutes, 434 calories.
round 1
bench press 15's 10, 8,6 reps squat 25's 10,9,6 reps reverse grip row 25's 10,8,6 reps
bench press 15's 10,8,6 reps squat 30's 10,8,6 reps reverse grip row 25's 10,8, 6 reps
round 2
incline fly 15's 10,8,6 reps reverse lunge right 25's 10,8,6 reps wide pull ups using the fit tower 10,8,6i
ncline fly 15's 10,8,6 reps reverse lunge left 25's 10,8,6 reps wide pull ups using the fit tower 10,8,6
round 3
military press 15's 10,8,6 reps split squat right 20's 10,8,6 reps posterior delt fly right 15# 10,8,6 reps
military press 15's 10,8,6 reps split squat left 20's 10,8,6 reps posterior delt fly left 15# 10,8,6 reps

Debbie, nice work today. Have you seem some good results with this rotation?

Today I did Arms. I did my own workout going to failure on each set. I went up on weight on a few exercises! I really feel like I am getting stronger. I miss my walking so I will try to get more in this week. I did 3 sets of each exercise with a 1.5 minute rest between sets. I finished with ABS. I burned 332 calories.

DB Bicep Curls-
25# x 10, x 8, x 8 (These killed me!!!)

DB Preacher Curls-
17#x 12, x 11, x 10

Conc. Curls-
20# x 12, x 11, x 11 ( going heavier next time)

Standing Hammer Curls-
17# x 12, x 12, x 12 ( going heavier next time even though I went up in weight this time)

Tricep Lying ext.-
17# x 13, x 12, x 10

Cross Body Ext.-
15# x 12, x 11, x 11 ( need to go heavier next time)

1 Arm Kickbacks-
12# x 12, x 11, x 10

ABS- my own workout, just did my favorite exercises.

Diane Sue- I bet your home looks fantastic! Nice job on the workout. I purchased the Hammer and Chisel workouts but never did them after I previewed them. They just don't look like my cup of tea! I hope you are getting better sleep. I am not, I have the night sweats right now and it has been hot at night.

Debbie, great workout today! What do you think you will be doing for your next round? I like what I am doing right now with lifting heavy and to failure. The workouts are short but effective. I know you like to get your cardio in each day if possible. You should do one body part per day and cardio to follow. I might start that myself. 30 minutes weight work and 30 minutes cardio like intervals.

Roselyn,
nice workout and I am so glad you posted your weights! I hope you enjoy that series Debbie put together, it looks great!

Have a wonderful day!

Running around all day then some outside work. I still have to hit Sprouts tomorrow. I want to seal the new tile and grout tomorrow. It is supposed to rain Wednesday. My grandson was supposed to come over and do some yard work for me. I think I may need to mow tomorrow myself. Outdoors is getting neglected with all of the inside work. I have Kelly Coffey's two newest workouts coming from Amazon Wednesday. I saw she is doing workouts on you tube.

Jolie, those night sweats really do disrupt the sleep. I used to have the covers on and off all night long.

Roselyn, I have had a harder time sticking to one program since surgery. I am just doing what I feel right now.

Today was Cardio Coach 1 and I had a great workout considering I had to start even earlier than normal due to having to get into work early. I'll have to do this on Thursday as well. Yuck!!! But I did good and had a great workout.

Workout was 36 minutes, ran 2.47 miles, burned 259 calories (TM said 349) and I went 5051 steps. Avg HR was 119 and Max was 161.

Diane Sue - Yes, actually, I am seeing great results with this rotation (and with BB in general). I have put on some muscle lately and look really cut. I like it but need a change. Someone on another check-in sent me a link to some weight lifting workouts that are 30 minutes and I may try them. If they look good I will post them on here.

Jolie - Nice workout. I do like working one body part a day but I also like having days where I can run for an hour. So I'll probably either do total body workouts for a while or keep it as is, just not with the BB workouts. We'll see.

Roselyn - I know what you mean. BB is awesome but gets old after a while.

Today will be a cardio day. I am not sure what else I will add. I only go in 8129 steps yesterday even though I worked out and did all of the running around shopping and outside work. I was a bit surprised. Weight lifting does not give many steps though and my cardio was short. I printed up the sheet on My Fitness Pal and went to the settings online and unchecked give negative information, it changes with each sync and comes out find at the end of the day but seeing negative calories after a workout is not pleasant. I guess it makes me want to work harder to get rid of the negative. It pulls your calorie burn directly from your app like Fit Bit that tracks minute by minute and MFP projects forward to the end of the day based on your calorie burn so far. It gets too confusing.

Today I walked outside. First I took my dog for a 1.5 mile walk and then I walked 5.52 miles. I am already to 15,000 steps and it is only 10:30am! I burned 575 calories on my 5.52 mile walk. I am tired again today so no weight work for me.

Nice workouts everyone!

Debbie, I am excited to see what you come up with for your workouts. I am always looking for something new to do, otherwise I get bored.

Roselyn, I know what you mean about sticking to a rotation lately. I just like doing my own thing right now as well.

Diane Sue, good job on getting in some cardio today. Sometimes getting a good sweat going feels so good. I will look into your new dvds you ordered! I hope you like them.
I hope you all have a nice day!

It has been a non stop day today. It is bed time and I am just getting here. This morning I did Hammer and Chisel Chisel cardio. This one is not very cardiovascular. Not easy though. It was 39 minutes, 213 calories, Average heart rate was around 111 if I remember right. It has a lot of weight work with some jumping in it. I just do not think of pull ups, which I did with the fit tower the first roundfelt like cardio. I just did jacks and other cardio for that minute the second time. I then did X10 mix cardio blast and high low, 38 minutes, 305 calories. 10, 454 steps so far today. This added to my calorie total of 518 to make it 825 of exercise calories according to what is on MFP.

Jolie, one of the Kelly workouts is called Melt Down and is a strength workout. The other is one you can build your own workout from. It has 15 minute workouts that can be put together that include weight and cardio, boxing, yoga. I can't remember all of them. I printed up the worksheets and the premixes off of her site. They came today but I haven't had time to open them.
It's late. I have to get to bed. Almost 11:30 and we have to be up early.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.