Hang in there, Cathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

catwoman

Cathlete
You've been getting a lot of flack for not updating us on the new workouts, but I just want to say to take your time. NONE of us here know what's going on in your life...or in the lives of your crew (and it's none of our business, by the way)...so none of us has a right to judge why you haven't updated us. I'm sure you have a good reason. So, you just do what you have to do to make everything perfect, because you know that when those workouts start shipping out, everyone will be singing your praises and will forget all about the petty little "I never saw any updates" junk.

Yes, updates would be nice, but anyone living in the real world should know that things happen, and that our best planned intentions oftentimes fall victim to unexpected events. You'll update us when you're able, so until then, I'll just keep checking in.

I agree. I have to admit I check here everyday. Not so much for a verbal update but for picture or page change. It just gets me fired up!!! IT'S THE HOLIDAYS!!!! Cathe has a life too and it doesn't involve us.

I am a realtor. I have about four clients in the pipeline. I haven't talked to them in two weeks. Do you think they want to here from me - NO - they have holiday time too.

Until then I just keep plugging away on my workouts. I have plenty to keep me going - and I have to be bathing suit ready in two months.

Dawn

Hmmm, sounds good to me. I'm a medical transcriptionist. I think I'll tell my supervisor that I'm not working for the rest of this week and maybe next week because of the holidays. NOT!!!! I have a family also, but I have to work through the holidays.

I'm not even one of the people complaining about the wait time as I expect it, but I think that starting this thread is worse than the one asking for an update. Sorry.

I'm not one of those who complain either and it won't stop me from pre-ordering inthe future, but I agree with Kelly. It's certainly not necessary to give daily updates but it's not appropriate not to give any info after all this time. It doesn't have to be Cathe that gives the info but there surely is someone on staff that can update us.

Lesly

All I can say is Patience is a Virtue:) I know everyone that pre-ordered has been waiting patiently for the most part, but honestly, when everyone finally gets their workouts, all of this will seem silly.

>Yes, updates would be nice, but anyone living in the real
>world should know that things happen, and that our best
>planned intentions oftentimes fall victim to unexpected
>events. You'll update us when you're able, so until then,
>I'll just keep checking in.

Catwoman ~

Very well put...my sentiments exactly. There has been a tremendous amount of activity going on w/ Cathe, SNM and their joint venture w/ the new production company in a relatively short period of time. I'm confident updates will be forthcoming after January 1st. I'm as anxious as anyone for updates (and more specifically, the new workouts themselves!) But I understand that anything worth having is worth waiting for...just like a healthy, strong body...these changes don't happen "overnight".

Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year to Cathe and the entire SNM and Four Seasons Teams and Cathe's faithful following!! Cheers!

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...embrace it...don't fear it." - Cathe Friedrich

I have to disagree. I think maybe people would not be complaining so much if Cathe had not said November filming. This never happened and she only gave an update after a lot of people complained. She then said filming would be in a few weeks. I actually believe Cathe had intentions of filming during the holidays. If not, why would she say it? If she had not said a few weeks, but instead said after the holidays, then maybe there would not be as much complaining because then everyone would know that filming would not begin until maybe next week.

As far as people thinking this whole thing to be silly once they get their workouts. I disagree. There are many many people who were very disappointed with the Hardcore workouts. I'm not one of them as they are the only workouts I'm using right now, and I'm seeing excellent results. But I know many who said they will never preorder again because those workouts. I don't consider that silly at all.

And as far as starting a thread to inflame things. I certainly think this thread was started for that intention only. Did you actually think people would not comment?

We are such an "immediate satisfaction" nation. I think this thread was started with the right intentions of letting Cathe know that we are not all complaining about the supposed delay or wait time.

And I personally did not see or hear of many people disappointed with the HC series. Just my take on that.

All good things are worth waiting for.

Dawn

I frankly don't see the point of this thread.

I think one thing SNM should learn from this (but obviously hasn't yet) is to wait to announce preorders until after the project is well along. Certainly past mere "planning" stages, and to the point where filming is already scheduled. Seems that would reduce the amount of frustration customers feel (I don't recall any such frustratios over the latest beginner/intermediate workouts, which had already been filmed when preorders were announced).

>I have to disagree. I think maybe people would not be
>complaining so much if Cathe had not said November filming.
>

Maybe that is why the updates are held until after the actual steps in the process are completed. Just a thought.

As far as starting this thread, I think that the intentions were good. Not everyone feels this way but it was a post to Cathe and it is just as valid as any other thread. I originally chose not to respond because I didn't have anything to say. However, your comments got me to thinking and that is always a good thing.

jordan

Go to VF, do a search, and you'll find many unhappy people with the HC series. You can also do a search here on Cathe's website and find many who had sound quality problems.

I don't post much on this forum, and this is the first time I have ever pre-ordered Cathe's workouts, but watching these posts have go back and forth is a bit upsetting. I don't know of another established video instructor who emails updates on the production of upcoming videos, or gives the option of a pre-sale discount. We should be thankful that Cathe cares enough about her fans to provide these for us, along with responses to our questions and monthly rotations. Cathe is obviously not intentionally ignoring us, nor did she just willy nilly abandoned her job duties during the holidays and forget all about us. Not that I have met her in person as some of you have, but from what I have seen, she seems to be an upstanding individual. The fact that we have come to expect (and now forcefully demand) constant updates is only a testiment to how well she has treated her fans. There is just no basis for insinuating that she is just blowing off her fans and job commitments during the holidays.

There is no real established business practice for this type of thing. Sure, they said they would give us updates, and I would have liked it more if the updates were more frequent, but maybe nothing is happening. They will probably update us when something happens or filming is complete. If someone has complaints about the frequency of updates, call customer service and complain to them. I just don't want this forum or pre-sales to become so negative that they no longer provide them.

This is just my opinion, and everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinion about it. I would like more updates too, but I would also like to keep the option of the pre-sale discounts for those that are willing to wait in return for savings.

>I personally did not see or hear of many people
>disappointed with the HC series.

That's probably because there's a very low tolerance for criticism of Cathe's workouts on THIS forum at times (as you can see in the original thread asking for an update), so why would people who are disappointed voice much of an opinion?

>I personally did not see or hear of many people
>disappointed with the HC series.

Oh, but there were many complaints right here at this forum if I recall correctly regarding the Hardcores. Most were about sound issues, which I did experience. We were either told it was our outdated tv's, speakers or dvd players. Also, I think there were many posts deleted and also a few people were banned from posting here for voicing their opinions.

I don't know
>of another established video instructor who emails updates on
>the production of upcoming videos, or gives the option of a
>pre-sale discount.

How about Tracie Long, Mindy Mylrea, CIA? They all offer pre-sale prices but MUCH closer to the time of release, causing MUCH less frustration on the part of loyal fans. Heather

Hi dianet,

You said it well. I think that it is important for all customers to voice their opinions on anything that may effect change. People should accept that some people will be frustrated and that others will be content. When it is all said and done, SNM will have to make the decisions that are in their best interests. I can empathize with those who are frustrated or upset; but as it has been said, this is a business it is not personal. I have to voice my vote for my preferences and understand that others will do the same. Since ther are so many customers, I accept the possibility that I will not like everything all the time.

jordan

Heather,

People can order with pre-sale prices that are much closer to the time of release with Cathe's pre-orders also. They can get about the same savings as the other instructors offer and save on the frustration if they want to go that route.

jordan

> They can
>get about the same savings as the other instructors offer and
>save on the frustration if they want to go that route.

True, but Cathe's regular prices are higher than most other instructors, so the later presale prices are just about in line with what the market prices are.

A couple of you have stated that you don't like that this thread was started. Interesting. Someone else (maybe even those who stated the aforementioned) stated that what else is a forum used for but to state our individual opinions. Maybe those exact words weren't used, but that was the gist of it.

So, my response for starting this thread: I am MERELY STATING MY OPINION. You don't like it, oh well...but it IS my opinion. Besides, my opinion was directed toward Cathe and no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.