Greatest hits and preview of new dvds

chiara

Cathlete
Hi all, any news about the greatest hits? The shipping date is near now, what about the preview clips of new dvds? ahahah :D I'm frying :eek:.

ciao

Video clips and Greatest Hits DVD

Hi Chiara,

We will start on producing the promo video clips just as soon as the masters are completed which will be later this week. This means clips should start to be available by next week sometime. As for Cathe's Greatest Hits (vol 1) we have decided to make this a Greatest Hits of Cathe's Step videos paying special attention to some very memorable songs like, "Pina Colada", "Kung Fu Fighting", "A Little Less Conversation", "abracadabra" and of course "Buttercup" - LOL!

The Greatest Hits DVD master is being outputted last after all of the other masters have been finished. Until this is done we want to hold off releasing final details because there can be unforeseen problems with older video source masters that are used to make the DVD master. Once we have everything on a DVD master we will release all of the details.

We would also like to thank everyone for your suggestions. We made sure to read every single one! There are just so many Cathe videos to consider it's impossible to really fit them all in just one DVD. That's why we've decided this time to focus just on the step DVDs which is where our company started. In the future we will release other Greatest Hits DVDs that will feature Cathe's strength videos, kickbox videos, etc..

As it stands now the Greatest Hits Step video will feature around 98 minutes of video which includes the regular workout as well as the bonus footage that will be woven into the premixes. This walk down memory lane is not only a lot of fun, but a great workout too.

Sounds awesome!!!! The compilation workouts are some of my absolute favorites! When they get jumbled up it gives the workout a whole new feel! Thank you so much for the info! I was quite curious......as you said.....Cathe has soooo many workouts to choose from. Thank you!

"That's why we've decided this time to focus just on the step DVDs which is where our company started. In the future we will release other Greatest Hits DVDs that will feature Cathe's strength videos, kickbox videos, etc.."

Oh boy, yes! Run with this idea and make us all happy!!!!! Greatest Hits vol 1: Step. No complaints here.

Clare

There are just so many Cathe videos to consider it's impossible to really fit them all in just one DVD. That's why we've decided this time to focus just on the step DVDs which is where our company started. In the future we will release other Greatest Hits DVDs that will feature Cathe's strength videos, kickbox videos, etc..

I really really like this plan, even more so than the original idea for a random mish-mosh Greatest Hits. Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Yay...step!!

This is great news! There are so many great songs to step to with Cathe DVD's.

Like Imax 3 Tainted love warmup or Human Nature and Bon Jovi Shot through the heart(my heart is literally shot on on this interval and the song pulls me through!lol)
I also love Holiday in Low Max.

Or Bodymax 2 Jesse's Girl...or Blame it on the Boogie and Ride like the wind in Low Impact Circuit.
98 minutes??? wow! My heart is "flamin'" as Cathe puts it!

Last edited:
I'm loving the idea of the great old music in this Greatest Hits DVD! I love those songs and step is so much fun. I can't wait for this one. Great choice!

Ughhh...

I will be the dissenter that you all can flame on. I was hoping for lifting, kickbox, anything but step. I don't like step, its a waste of time (for me) and I don't like songs like Buttercup, etc., because it will make me cringe in abject horror as my eardrums shut down if I don't reach the *off* control fast enough. Sigh.... I will have to give mine away.

Hi Chiara,

We will start on producing the promo video clips just as soon as the masters are completed which will be later this week. This means clips should start to be available by next week sometime. As for Cathe's Greatest Hits (vol 1) we have decided to make this a Greatest Hits of Cathe's Step videos paying special attention to some very memorable songs like, "Pina Colada", "Kung Fu Fighting", "A Little Less Conversation", "abracadabra" and of course "Buttercup" - LOL!

The Greatest Hits DVD master is being outputted last after all of the other masters have been finished. Until this is done we want to hold off releasing final details because there can be unforeseen problems with older video source masters that are used to make the DVD master. Once we have everything on a DVD master we will release all of the details.

We would also like to thank everyone for your suggestions. We made sure to read every single one! There are just so many Cathe videos to consider it's impossible to really fit them all in just one DVD. That's why we've decided this time to focus just on the step DVDs which is where our company started. In the future we will release other Greatest Hits DVDs that will feature Cathe's strength videos, kickbox videos, etc..

As it stands now the Greatest Hits Step video will feature around 98 minutes of video which includes the regular workout as well as the bonus footage that will be woven into the premixes. This walk down memory lane is not only a lot of fun, but a great workout too.

Hooray! Can't wait for this fabulous step workout :D

Oh man, I am totally psyched!! :eek: This one sounds like fun, fun, fun! I love step, and some of the oldies are so much fun.

And way excited to hear that there will be other "greatest hits" themes too - something for everyone!

I have to admit that I too am dissapointed that the Greatest Hit package is going to be a compilation of step workouts. I was hoping for lifting or kickboxing or something along those lines. Anyway, I'm really psyched about the new workouts though. These workouts along with the Horizontal Conditioning workouts I just purchased should make for some interesting challenging workouts

Sorry to say, I am also disappointed for the step greatest hits. Can't please everyone. But, that just means I will be super excited for the next Greatest Hits to come! And I am so excited for these new workouts - can't wait!

Perfectamundo! From the description, it sounds like some of my favorites will be included! Step is where Cathe and her company got its start, and let's face it, no one quite can do a step workout like Cathe. It's fantastic that there will be more DVDs coming out as Greatest Hits, too. Can you imagine one combining all your favorite tabata and HiiT segments? The kickbox one will be great, too.

You know, I really didn't like metabolic type workouts (Boot camp, etc) when they first came out. Then I started doing them and now, I really enjoy them.

The thing with step is to be persistent and patient, if you are not a natural at it. It can be intimidating. Try doing it w/no risers, just the step, until you master the choreography & get more confident. I've been working on relearning Step Blast---for the past two months, I've been tacking it on to the end of a regular workout session, and I've more or less mastered the choreography up to the 360s in the second combo. I'll keep plugging away until I can do the entire workout. Even if it takes me another six months. :) It's such a fun workout and it's made me dig step slams, a move I used to loathe!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.