Getting Our Licks In!

Hi all,

I'm not doing as well right now with workouts - a general tiredness after the last trip. It's probably just jet lag and having to get caught up with work right away. Stuck with something short today: ICE Lower body (but just the shoulders premix, half an hour).

Getting back on track ... some of that malaise is lifting! ICE Lower body (this time the actual lower body premix, 35 minutes).

Truthfully it is probably also getting the travel food out of my system. There is so much sugar and salt in things this time of year, that even being restrained around the goodies is adding up. It is surprising how much difference one or two additional treats whether sweet or salty can make!

Waves to all!

I've been doing well this week, exercise every day and working on keep the sugar/carbs low. I've done P90X Kenpo (the whole family joined in on that), Zumba, Yoga, and ICE Upper Body. Tonight will have to be off since Lily is testing at Taekwondo so we won't be home until after 8 and I wont' have time. I'll get back to it tomorrow :)

ShadowPup - Glad your body is cleaning itself out and you're feeling better - it's hard on our bodies to travel in so many ways. At least you're getting some short workouts in.

Janie - Keep up those great workouts!

Laura - So glad you're back and able to log in now :)

Michelle - Hope you and Toby are having a great week.

Cindy

I am still under the weather with a cold. I am probably going to take another rest day.

ShadowPup glad to hear from you again! I love ICE for shorter less intense options. I particularly like the two core routines.

Cindy: how fun to have the whole family join in for Kenpo! It's one of my favorites for p90x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

There's been a light snowfall, and I'm keeping myself amused indoors. That included Cardio Core Express prefix today (Coach Matt yesterday, climbing and Barbara for an hour combined).

Cindy: kenpo for the family sounds amazing. You are so coordinated!

Laura: Agree, ICE has become a go to for light days and to loosen up before a really heavy climbing weekend. Cathe did a great job with Upper Body particularly. Rest that c cold

Michelle: loved that Toby post, and his upright water bowl stand! ...

Waves to Janie:)

First: WELCOME BACK Laura! Not sure what the problem was but I am so happy to see that the folks at Cathe.com got you back to us.

Last week was a busy week. Seems they all are busy these days. I managed to get in 5 days of exercise last week which is a first I believe since my DH passed away. I exercise but it's not the same since Joe passed away. Nothing is. It's like there is a film over everything. I'm resigned to the fact that this will be my reality for a while. Enough of my sadness. I'm doing Cathe's December rotation and managing to stick with it, more or less. Some of the workouts are shorter which is great and sometimes, I opt for a timesaver workout (if there is one) or I just shorten the workout myself. I've got almost all of my Christmas shopping done--just one gift card and a gift certificate left to get. Now, I just have to wrap. I still prefer wrapping presents to gift bags. Somehow gift bags feel like cheating to me.

Janie: it looks like you are doing workous from Cathe's December rotation. It's a nice mix of workouts, don't you think?

Shadowpup: thanks for helping Laura out so she can check in with us again.

Cindy: you do Cathe Live--how do you like it? I've thought about subscribing, would love to know what you think about it?

Michelle

Had a reasonable day for mostly indoors - the windstorm had me thinking twice about walking among trees! Still, I climbed with partners for almost two hours and did half an hour of ICE upper body. Climbing was fun. I did that tricky ceiling I wrote about, and managed the five critical moves after two falls ... on a rope so no injuries ... and that meant I had the next move, getting off the ceiling and heading upwards to try. Almost got it, but the lactic acid had built up and my wrists were too pumped to let my fingers we work. So spectacular fall three, and it had quite a swing. Probably seven or eight feet of stretchy rope with me as the pendulum end, and I think it is thirty feet off the ground there. However, my partner all clapped when I came down, because getting that far was a major accomplishment on a tough and daunting route. No shame in coming off trying your best!

Michelle: great job on working out five times. It is so tough. Still some days it gets me too. We just carry on ((hugs)). Talk it out as much as helps.

Waves to all!

We had a nice weekend even though Saturday got to -27 at our house - didn't stop us as we had 2 birthday parties to attend :) Sunday felt really warm at 18 above so we got in some snow play and sledding - it was a gorgeous day. Didn't do any of the chores I wanted yesterday because I enjoyed my time with the kids playing games and then Brodie and Lily did Zumba with me. They were super cute giving it their all. I'll have to stay on top of my chores in the evenings this week but I have my workouts planned - I'll do a Full Body of some sort tonight.

Laura - Are you feeling better?

Shadowpup - So proud of you getting further, that fall (even safe) would give my stomach a big flip! I get nervous around trees now when it's windy - took a 50 footer falling on our tent last year to really get me paranoid!

Michelle - You are doing amazing! It's OK to be sad because you have every right to be and it's good to be open about it. Wish I could give you a big hug! I've really enjoyed Cathe Live, it's been a good way to get a taste of all her workouts and I really have liked the PHAT (she has 2) workouts available - I will probably get that DVD for sure with the Strong and Sweaty. Her Live workouts are very similar to her DVD's and are titled the same so you get a good idea of what to expect. They are typically 50-60 minutes which I sometimes have a hard time squeezing in.

Janie - Hope you're doing well and finding time to get your lick in.

Cindy

Hi everyone
Feeling a little better after two full days in bed. I taught Pilates Reformer at the YMCA this morning and I rallied for the Party Rocking Step Premix for a shorter workout. I just used the platform and kept it lower impact but my heart rate was still averaging around 10 beats higher through out. But it felt good to move a little. I'm pretty tired now and previewing the bonus step routine on the DVD. It looks pretty high impact more like Athletic Step in the STS cardio series. Cathe gets quiet a few times which we all know means it's super hard![emoji854]

Michelle I am very very sorry to hear about your Joe. I had not been aware. It is so difficult. Especially if this is your first Christmas [emoji319] without him. I, myself, had a very difficult time after Sophia passed away. I'm not the same person by any stretch of the imagination and I am still trying to figure out how to live my life without her. I totally understand the feeling of going through the motions of exercise. I am just now moving out of that feeling and it's been two and 1/2 years. Some days I would just end up sobbing on the floor half way through the workout. But it's important to try and stick with it as it's so good for improving the mood.

Shadowpup: so your climbing now? Very cool. I did a tiny bit of climbing in my twenties and remember that pumped up forearm feeling well. My forearms felt like they grew twice their size! Good job on mastering a route

Cindy: that's seriously cold. You are in Montana right? Do you have a Zumba DVD? I keep thinking about going the Zumba classes at the YMCA but haven't made it yet

I'm sorry for being MIA! AGAIN! I'm getting ready for Christmas and making all kinds of things. Haven't had time to workout. The day after Christmas I plan on doing normal things, like workout, eat healthy and nutritious foods...

Like some of you I'm getting blue and tired of all the Christmas stuff I need to do and not getting things done for myself.

Will be even more busy now that Christmas is only days away. Will talk and be better when it's all over.

All I want for Christmas is normalcy.

Love you all and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I'll be back on after Christmas.

Janie

Today I did all of Party Rocking Step #1. I was really in the flow of the routine and got a nice endorphin rush with that. Still not 100%.

Janey hang in there it's just a few more days I am sure you are making amazing gifts that will be cherished

So--another busy work week. Nothing new there. Did the first half of Powerhour this morning (all I had time for). Remember that glute that I strained way back in September? It is finally starting to feel like it is getting back to normal in my legwork and stretching. Toby and I had obedience training last night and the boy is really starting to come along very nicely. He is 20 months old now (where did the time go?) and while he is still very much a golden retriever puppy, I am seeing some very nice maturity changes in him. Our school schedule gets a little out of whack the next few weeks between the holidays and some business travel for me the first week of January, but we are back in the ring for 5 days from Jan 11-15. I'm looking forward to seeing how we do this next year.

Cindy: -27 degrees!!!!! Holy moly! That is cold. I don't know how you managed. But you live in Montana so I guess you guys are used to cold and snow. BTW, it was truly warm here this past Sunday, a little above 60 degrees. That's my kind of winter weather.

Laura: I know from your FB posts how hard it has been for you since Sophia passed away. Losing a child is so sad and not what any parent expects to ever go through. Joe just passed away in October. His health status had not been good but it was unexpected. He died at home in his sleep, the way he said that he always hoped he would (being an ex-smoker his greatest fear was dying slowly from cancer).

Janie: normalcy would be wonderful.

Michelle

Monday I did some Just Dance with Lily then Zumba and last night was Tabatacise 1-3, it was rough at the end but I powered through with some groans :) Tonight I'll do a Full Body workout and work a little on de-cluttering the house.

Michelle - I'm so excited to hear how you and Toby do in the ring in January! Glad your glute is finally feeling better :)

Janie - Take deep breaths when you can :)

Laura - I am in Montana :) The Bozeman area specifically. Great job following up your reformer class with a DVD! I have a Zumba game for the Xbox and it's pretty fun, my kids even like giving it a try and since it reads my movement I'm able to see of I doing well or not - pretty obvious when I'm flailing arms and the instructor isn't!

Cindy

Happy Christmas Eve everyone. Got my new Cathe workouts on Friday and did Cardio Slam today--had to take it down a notch at times, but got through the whole workout. All I can say is that this workout is another classic intense Cathe cardio. Otherwise a low key day. Made Bobby's Goulash out of one of Joe's Paula Dean cookbooks--it's one of my favorite dishes. We will have it for lunch tomorrow when Joe's son and wife come over and then I will take it over to my sister's on Monday when Toby and I head to SW Va. to visit my family. Will be going to 8 o'clock Christmas Mass tonight and hoping Toby will let me sleep in a little tomorrow morning. We'll see. Hope everyone is healthy and getting their licks in over the holidays.
Michelle

Merry Christmas every one. I'm trying to motivate to do some kind of light cardio. Yesterday was STS Meso Cycle 3 Plyo Legs. Again my heart [emoji173]️ rate was more elevated than usually and I never found my groove. I am wondering if my cold/flu has turned into a sinus infection which I'm prone to due to a pretty malformed left sinus cavity with a cyst. ...

Michelle holding you in my thoughts today as you spend your first Christmas with out your Joe. I'm glad he went peacefully in the night. I'm glad you are going to be with his son and then with your family. Please take exceptional care of your self.
How exciting to get the new series. It's the first time in a few years I did not pre order. I feel like I have so many DVD's to work on abc just wasn't feeling up to snuff for the advanced series l decided I will treat myself to it after I loose 10 lbs.

Cindy how's Christmas up north? I'm in Colorado and we are having a dry and warm Christmas so far.

Janey how did the present s[emoji320] turn out? Hoping you are relaxing and putting your feet up today!

Merry Christmas Shadowpup! Do you still have your [emoji206] horses?

Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas!
I'm excited to start on my exercises. OOPS, Correction: I meant to say Blizzard Blast. Copied it wrong. LOL!

My Christmas was not what I planned. Joe went to Shelton (our other place) to fix my jeep. That's where the tools are. On the way there Sat. the day before Christmas, the roads were so icy he almost lost control of the jeep. He managed to get to Shelton. Shelton roads were ice, and top of that snow and on top of that ice! He tolled me to stay put. All the things I made and cooked was sitting in front of me. I've never been alone before, ever, on Christmas. Always had family with me. My neighbor wanted me to come over and celebrate with them. And I would have accepted but she has a bad cold. Last cold I got I felt literally I was going to die. I told her this and politely declined. She understood. Just mentioned it to another friend and she and her husband (husband is a jamming buddy) wanted me to come over and spend Christmas with them. I told them if the ice melts and dries I would love to come over. On Christmas day it was sunshine, the ice melted and dried. Shelton of course was still the same. I went there to my friends home and truly had a very sweet time. Another jamming buddy game to dinner as well. Had dinner, wonderful conversation. The food was to die for and then we jammed for a couple of hours. How sweet was that? I missed my husband of course, but it turned out very pleasant. Now I have all these gifts to deal with. I'll pack them up and when I see the kids and grand kids next time, will give them their gifts then. My hubby is still in Shelton and still stuck. But, tomorrow it's suppose to rain and he will be back here with me. Wow! I can't believe all that happened, but it was good. No one got hurt.

BodyAlchemyAlighed, Great job on STS Meso Cycle 3 Plyo Legs. Hope you get better very soon. Ugh...

Michelle, Glad you spent Christmas with family. I'm sure it was a tough one for you without your love one. Hugging you through cyberspace and just giving you wonderful vibes

Cindy, I just really like the thought of dancing for a cardio workout. I think I will incorporate that into this years exercises. I may have to get some Zumba DVD's.

Take care everyone, enjoy your workouts and the New Year,

Janie

Last edited:
Joe got home this morning from Shelton. Whew! Nice to have him with me!
Today was S&S Boot Camp, 3 rounds. Wow! That felt really good. It worked every muscle with cardio. At least it felt like it.

Janie

Last edited:
We had a wonderful Christmas with sledding (got about 4 inches on Christmas Eve night) and play, I spent Monday sledding with the kids and then shoveled a maze in the backyard so we could play tag :) Lucas then came down with a fever so I've been out with him most of the week, stuck in the house as he fought his virus (my house is very clean, laundry is done, and Christmas decorations are down), but I did get some legs and arms workouts in plus a Zumba - my legs are still screaming from ICE Lower Body! Dave got me the ICE workouts for Christmas so I've been doing those. We are planning to spend a night in Billings this weekend so we can meet my new niece - she was born on the 22nd and we are all very excited. Of course snow is supposed to fall since we want to travel! Everyone have a safe and Happy New Year's!

Janie - So sad you were separated from your husband on Christmas, I'm glad you found some people to share your time with :) I think the bad roads were all over during Christmas. Enjoy those Blizzard Blasts!

Michelle - How are you liking the new workouts? I was hoping to get to try them before my online subscription ran out but that didn't happen :(

Laura - Are you feeling better/able to avoid the sinus infection? It's that time of year! Plyo legs sounds painful to me right now :)

Cindy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.