Getting Our Licks In!

I'll be visiting my dad and driving East of the Mountain on Monday. I may not be able to use others computers. So please if I don't get on the computer don't think I've stopped, just can't get on. Planning on being home on Friday. Keep posting and will look forward to reading them when I get back. But I still have a couple of days to pester you all. LOL

Thursday and Friday were rest days--today was ICE Metabolic Total Body. Love this workout. I think I've noted that before. Typical Saturday: training class with Toby in the morning, exercise, playing outside with Toby, doing stuff around the house.

Kathy: come on down--would love to have you living in Virignia! My parents moved to Virginia from New York in 1972. I've lived most of my life in Virginia and feel like I am truly a Virginian. Always room for more! But honestly, the weather is flip-flopping here too. Typical mid-Atlantic spring weather. But even the "cold" days aren't really that cold and usually a cold spurt only lasts for a day--azaleas are getting ready to bloom and pollen is flying everywhere. Aren't upper body DOMS great?

Janie: hope you had a wonderful birthday. From your posts on FB, it looked like you did.

Waves to Cindy and Laura.
Michelle

Sorry I missed a few days, trying to get back in the swing of things. I got STS back & triceps, Legs week two finished this week. Today I did STS Circuit Cardio. I haven't done that one a lot and I have to say it packs a powerful punch in 45 minutes.

Looks like everyone is doing well

Happy 65 young Janey! Heck yeah its a privilege your a inspiration!

I'm in Shelton today and will leave for East of the mountains on Mon. Today walked through the woods about 2 miles.

Michelle, Great job on your rest days and today ICE Metabolic Total Body. And training class for Toby.

Laura, LOL, thank you for YOUR inspiration. Great job on STS back and triceps and legs. Congrats on finishing two weeks. Not easy for sure. Great job on today's STS CC.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Toby and I walked 3 miles this morning. A little chilly, but we warmed up nicely on our walk. A certain pooch was a bit tired, so after we got home, I knocked out ICE Total Metabolic Body timesaver that includes the warmup, muscle meltdown for chest, and stretch plus ICY core 1. I ordered a new Slow and Heavy dvd today (it's one of the deals of the day)--mine is sticking terrible even after I clean it. I bought it on ebay; this time I'm buying straight from ShopCathe. The nice thing about buying directly from cathe.com is that if your dvds go bad, they will replace for free. Learned that on my first Cathe Roadtrip a few years back.

Janie: when you finish up the March rotation, are you going to do Cathe's April rotation? Looks like another good one.

Laura: Cardio core circuits--one of Cathe's hardest aand best cardios--WAY TO GO!!!!

Waves to Kathy--hope you are not going to see any of the snow in that clipper coming through mid-week. It's just supposed to get a bit chilly again here. One day it's spring, the next day we regress a bit. Gotta love April.

Michelle

Just wanted to say I'm on my way to East of the mountains. Don't know when I'll be posting if at all. I hope to. But will be back home Friday night sometime late. Keep doing what you are doing. Hope I can find a gym and have time to workout as well.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Sorry I've been MIA, I'm not sure how the past 2 weeks got away from me! Easter was lots of fun and Lily had her last cheer competition on Saturday, she did great with her pep and it was a little sad because she said she wants to take a year off from competitive cheer. I understand her decision and said she needs to do something (she wants to do softball next year and cheer is too big of a conflict with time) so she is going to try Tae Kwon Do with Brodie. It at least makes travel time easier :) I wrapped up the 30 days of Pilates and was on track with daily workouts until Friday and Saturday - those 2 days made me feel like I hadn't worked out in ages! Sunday was a quick butt workout and last night I did ICE Bootcamp. Tonight will be Hiit 40/20 and paying bills.

Janie - Happy Late Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day and enjoy your visit :) You've been hitting those workouts hard, great job!

Laura - So good to see you back :) Sounds like you have a great plan for your health goals, I'm at the 35 pounds to lose spot too... Nice work with your STS workouts.

Michelle - That's so good to know Cathe will replace DVD's that don't work anymore, I think I have a couple that have given me issues. Toby is such a good dog, I love hearing about all the work you two are doing.

Waves to Kathy!

Cindy

On Friday morning we had layoffs & I was chosen. My 2 bosses are devastated. One of my bosses is so sweet he's looking into his contacts to find me another job.

Saturday didn't feel like working out at all. Sunday felt a little bit better. I did KCM's Weights #1 & on Monday was Stepboxing Weights only premix. Tuesday was Cardio Blast #2 which is a plyo workout.

Hanging in. Having my resume updated with the cover letter.

Janie Sis: Congrats on turning 65!!

Take care everyone.
Kathy

Doing Cathe's April rotation--I know, no big surprise there. Yesterday I substituted ICE Low Impact Sweat for Rockem Sockem because I did that one last week. Today was Cardio Core Circuits--always a tough workout. A little chilly this morning but not too bad and Toby and I got a nice long walk in. Tomorrow, I have meetings at Quantico in the morning and then will work at home in the afternoon.

Kathy: what a major bummer about your job. I can understand you not wanting to workout but remember those endorphins will be great positive energy to fuel your job search. I'm not sure what you do because we tend not to talk about our jobs here too much. I sure hope you find something new quickly. Is your previous company providing any job search support?

Cindy: nice to have you back. Lily's taking a break from cheer kind of makes me sad too (I used to be a cheerleader in high school) but she is young and there is nothing wrong with her wanting to try out new activities. She is lucky she has such a great mom. I'm impressed that you could stick with Pilates for 30 days; I don't think I could have done that. Was there a particular rotation that you were doing with a particular instructor?

Janie: enjoy youe travels and stay safe.

Michelle

Last night got pushed later than I planned so I ran out of time to workout but I did a quick 10 min total body Pilates workout. Tonight I plan to do Chiseled Upper Body and will enjoy not having to shuttle kids anywhere.

Kathy - I'm so sorry, what a disappointment. I believe when things like this happen there is something better lined up for you, stay on the positive side (as best you can) and keep your head up. It says a lot that your bosses are devastated and looking to help you. Stepboxing sounds like fun :)

Michelle - The Pilates program I did was with Robin Long, a 30 day 10 min a day plan http://thebalancedlifeonline.com/ It was really nice to do in the mornings first thing.

Cindy

Had a pretty early and full day yesterday, so missed doing ICE To the Mat. Toby and I had handling class last night and he did really well. Our first show is 6 weeks away and for the first time I feel like we are on a steady track to be ready for it. Today, the rain held off this morning long enough for Toby and I to get our 2 1/2 mile walk in. Then I did RWH LIHI chest, shoulders, and triceps.

Cindy: good for you sneaking in those 10 minutes last night. I always think I'll do that when my day gets hectic and then I don't. Thanks for the information on the Pilates rotation.

Waves to Kathy, Janie, and Laura.
Michelle

Happy Friday!

I got slammed with midterms. School is at a rapid rate these last two semester because we spend the 1st half in class and 2nd half in clinical. So the class time is only 8 weeks. I will be in finals in 4 weeks. I am really disappointed in my program. I kept thinking each semester that it would be getting better but unfortunately it did not. Oh well I just need the shingle, I don't recommend accelerated programs to any one though. It's impossible to really learn at that rate. I have lost 6 lbs! 31 to go!

I am doing STS Back & tries week 3 meso 1 today. Posting first which I usually don't but suppose I am procrastinating

Cindy: Hi! Love pilates! I will check out that site. Even though I am a Pilates instructor I need to do my own practice and I like to be guided through it by someone else. With my weight gain I am self conscious so prefer to workout at home right now

Michelle: sweet Toby and Virginia rains! How is the rotation going? What do you think of ICE to the Mat? I got the series and thought of doing it to get back in shape but decided to jump in with full rotation of STS because I love it and it gives great results. How's Rennee?

Janey: hope your trip was good. Are you back! I have missed my dad so much these past few years your lucky to still have yours with you here.

Kathy: so sorry about you loss. What did you do and where did you work? Is it possible to take this time to do something you have always wanted to do instead? I understand not wanting to work out, believe me I do, but I have found it truly does make me feel better. It gives me the energy to keep going and helps with the depression. (((HUGS)))) Do what you can but don't beat yourself up either if you don't! Sometimes I would do ten minutes and then end up on the floor crying my eyes out...so I understand

A little warmer in Virginia today and the sun was shining. I'm all about the sun shining but the rain is good too. Helps the grass seed I have put down. Toby and I did a 3 miles walk this morning and have had play breaks during the day. Pup is tired. I also did Party Rocking Step 2 today. About half way through my blood sugar plummeted so I had to take a break to get a little snack. Felt better afterwards and I was able to finish the workout without feeling like I was going to collapse.

Laura: it is unfortunate that you are not fully enjoying your academic program. Refresh my memory: are you doing physical therapy? I hope your moments of despair and depression are becoming less frequent. I know the past couple of years have been very hard. You are making good progress on the weight loss. You know my motto: slow and steady wins the race.

Janie and Laura: in case you missed it, our Shadowpup (Deborah Frincke) was named one of the 5 coolest cyber girls in the U.S. You can check out the article on forbes.com

Kathy: hope you are doing okay. Toby wants to be sure that you are getting your licks in.

Janie: hope you are enjoying your visit east with family.

Michelle

I'm back and resting up from the drive to Shelton. Tomorrow will drive to our beach house. I'm missing Joe and the pups.

Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

So good to be back home,

Janie

So, we are having a one day cold snap here in Virginia. My azaleas are not really happy about this weather but mother nature has a mind of her own. Toby and I got our long walk in this morning when it was the "warmest" part of the day. Toby "worked out" with me this afternoon. I did RWH LIHI Back, Shoulders, and Biceps. At some point, he is going to figure out that all he needs to do is lay down by the fan and chill out while I workout but we are not quite there yet.

Janie: welcome back home to Shelton. I'm sure Joey and the pups missed you too.

Waves to Kathy, Cindy, and Laura.
Michelle

Back home to the beach house. O yeah... Didn't do any exercises. Traveling was chaotic and wonderful, so I skipped it until I got home and will do them tomorrow.

Kathy, OH NO! I'm so sorry about the lay offs. I've been there done that. Ugh... What a good boss to try to help you out. You'll get something even better. Great job on Tuesday's Cardio Blast 2.

Cindy, 10 min. Total Body Pilates w/o is great. Enjoy tonight's w/o.

Laura, Midterms...need I say more? It's hard. Great job on STS Back & tries, wk 3 meso 1.

Michelle, Sorry about the change of weather, yuck. Great job on walking with Toby a long way. And for doing RWH LIHI back, shoulders and Biceps. He will figure out rest in no time. Too funny!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
Today was week 3 peso cycle 1 Chest, shoulders and bi's. My arms are worked!

Michelle: Good job! I like the RWH but it was the first series I just got the downloads and I always have trouble playing it, with stops and starts, so I hardly do it. I have been thinking of getting the DVD's. Now that I know that Cathe will replace old worn out Cd's I am more likely to actually do that. Some days are harder than others. I don't think this is something that gets better but that you have to learn to live with. Thats' cool about Deborah! I am glad she is doing so well! I miss her

Janey: welcome back to the beach house. I remember when you bought that place! Hit the weights when you get home!

Sunday workout was STS Meso 1 Week 3 Legs and HIIT 30/30 modified to make it a little less impact. Until I lose more weight it is to much to be high jumping on my joints! I am down 8 lbs now though so doing good.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend

Today was supposed to be a rest day, but since I missed ICE To the Mat on Wednesday this past week, I did it today.

Laura: you are almost in the double-digits for weight loss--Yeah! Great job on STS. I know that has been one of your favorite rotations. My sister likes STS too. Renee is doing well. She doesn't do the check-ins on Cathe anymore but I think you guys are friends on FB.

Janie: welcome back to the beach life! Are you still finishing up the March rotation or are you going to do something else? April's?

Waves to Cindy and Kathy.
Michelle

Did a cardio on my stationary bike for 20 min. Getting geared up for tomorrow's w/o. Don't know what it is yet.

Laura, Great job on yesterday's wk. 3 peso cycle 1 chest, shoulders and bi's. Congrats on the DOM's. Also for today's w/o with STS Meso 1 wk. 3 legs and hiit 30/30 modified for less impact. Congratulations by the way on the 8 pounds weight loss. Yea!

Michelle, Great job on ICE To The Mat today. Fun!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.