Getting Our Licks In!

Had a wonderful and busy weekend. Pilates group class on Saturday morning then Hiit on Sunday. Lots of yard/garden/garage clean up since the weather was beautiful and the kids played in their new water toys (not quite warm enough but it didn't stop them). We even pulled the fire pit out and had s'mores on Saturday night, this is the earliest we've ever done that. I plan to do Lean Legs tonight.

Laura - Weight gain just shows you're human, you're doing awesome bringing the weight down! What are you doing for diet/food? Midterms are misery :(

Janie - So glad you had a wonderful trip and can enjoy being back home :)

Michelle - Toby is going to be showing so soon, I'm excited :) We had a heat wave while you were cold so maybe our heat is heading your way? I think they're calling for snow on Friday, typical of Montana. Great job with your workouts, I really like To the Mat.

Kathy - Thinking about you!

Cindy

today I did MMA Boxing. I forgot what a nice little ab ripper workout there is on this one! DOMS in legs!

Michelle: Thanks, I am really focused on the diet/nutrition aspect and its working. Do you like to the Mat?

Janie: great job on hoping on the bike! How is the weather up there? Is it sunny yet?

I swear I posted just yesterday...Hmm... Times gets away from me. Found out I'll be performing a few times this Summer. It's going to be so much fun! Been practicing a lot lately. Did another cardio by walking on the beach with some speed for about 30 min.

Laura, Great job on MMA Boxing. Congrats for the DOM's. Yay! It's been rainy, but in-be-tween rains I went for my fast walk. LOL!

Kathy Sis, Thinking of you everyday. xoxo

Cindy, Glad you had a wonderful weekend. Great job on Sat. Pilates class, then Hiit on Sun. Oh it's a workout doing yard/garden/garage clean up. Wish we had better weather. We'll get it soon. Nummy on the s'mores.

Take care everyone,

Janie

This week has gone fast! Monday I did Lean Legs, Tuesday I opted for sleep (fighting a little something), Wednesday was ICE Upper Body, and last night I didn't have time. We're heading to Chico Hot Springs with the kids tonight then will go through Yellowstone and check out the snow on the Beartooth Highway, should be fun. If we're home in time on Saturday I'll work out and for sure on Sunday I'll get a good full body in.

Janie - Time gets away from me too! So exciting to have performances lined up :) Great job on the workouts.

Laura - Nice work on the MMA Boxing, those workouts are tough!

Michelle & Kathy - Waves!

Cindy

Today was 30/30. I was suppose to do a weight lifting, but it was calling to me. Also performed at the rest home. They so appreciate the entertainment. It was a joy.

Cindy, Great job on doing Monday's Lean Legs, Tues. for resting. Good for you, when feeling off, you do need to lay low. For Wed. ICE Upper Body. I have a friend who lives here and has another house in Chico, CA. Enjoy the Hot Springs and going through Yellowstone and checking out the snow on the Beartooth Hwy. I bet it was fun!

Take care and have fun,

Janie

Tues finished up week 3 back & tris and Core 1 from Ice
Wed is always my rest day
Thurs wa Athletic Step which has never been a favorite...usually dread it.. I find it tough with little to no fun factor
Fri Started Week 4 of Meso Cycle 1 Chest, shoulders, Tri and Ice Core 1
Sat did MMA Fusion, which I could barely do...

Feeling discouraged and disheartened. Sophia's cat, Calli passed away yesterday, she had stayed in the mountain home with Bo but I loved her and missed her terribly. She got a bladder infection which he didn't address and it spears to her uterus and blood. She was only 8 yrs old. She is one on the living connections to Sophia that I still had... So feeling blue.

Today was MM. I really like this one. Whew!

Laura, Great job on finishing up on wk 3, back and tris and core 1 from ICE and your rest day on Wed. Also for Thur. AS, yep it's all mental on what you want to do, serious, or want some fun factor involved. I totally agree with you. For Fri. starting wk 4 of Meso Cycle 1, chest, shoulders, tri and ICe Core 1. And for Sat. doing MMA Fusion. It all will get easier as you know. Hang in there kiddo, we are all cheering you on.

I'm sorry about Sophia's cat passing away. They do tug at our hearts. I know I miss my fur babies who have passed. I know... The connection with Sophia has got to be especially harder. I'm sorry Sweetie. xoxo Continue on and exercise and stay busy.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Had a very busy week. Still doing the April roatation. Missed a couple of days this week so I'll make up one of those today. My aunt had a cerebral aneurysm last Saturday. She had surgery last Sunday morning and is the neuroscience ICU at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond. So, I've been down there a few times to visit and will continue to do so. Mentally she is sharp but physically, she has a way to go. Her left side is pretty weak and she is going to need a lot of physical therapy to regain her motor functions and strength on her left side. It is definitely going to be a long rehabilitation process. Right now, her doctors and nurses are focused on getting her brain healed and her strength up to the point where she can be moved out of the ICU. We take it one day at a time. On a more fun note, Toby turned one year old yesterday. He had Frosty Paws icecream to celebrate his birthday.

Laura: got snow?

Kathy: have not heard from you in a while. Hope you are doing okay.

Cindy: assume that you are busy with those beautiful children.

Janie: what workouts are you doing this week?

Happy Sunday to everyone.

Michelle

Back for a quick exercise check-in: XTRAIN Bis and Tris. Since I missed Friday, I bumped Friday's workout, Rhythmic Step, to Saturday, and Saturday's workout, bis and tris, to today. Back to the scheduled rotation tomorrow.

Michelle

Cardio today. Walked the beach with Rolly and Lefty. OMG! That was difficult!

Michelle, Great job on XTRAIN bis and Tris., and for Rhythmic Step. And for bis and tris.
I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt cerebral aneurysm. After surgery glad to hear her mental capacity is good. Time will take care of the rest. Happy birthday to dear Toby. What a doggie. I bet he enjoyed that Frosty Paws Ice cream. Prayers for your Aunt for a fast recovery. xoxo

Take care Michelle,

Janie

KickMax low impact timesaver this morning. Boy, it has been a long time since I've done a KickMax workout. I forgot about those standing leg exercises. Took Toby to the vet this afternoon to have his left front leg checked. He started limping on it over the weekend. Looks like a soft tissue strain in the elbow: strict rest and an anti-inflammatory for the next two weeks. No training this week and no puppy play time for a couple of weeks. Walks will be shorter and we will have to settle for "low key" inside playing with mommy for a while.

Janie: oh no, you are out of beach-walking shape! How can that be? You are going to have to work on that--LOL! Thanks for your prayers.

Waves to Kathy, Cindy, and Laura.
Michelle

Today I simply didn't have time enough for a workout. I was doing something constantly. Wow!

Michelle, Yes, I am out of beach-walking shape. LOL! I will work on that. Great job on KickMax LI Timesaver. Poor Toby. Give him a hug and a pet for me.

Take care Michelle,

Janie

Last night I did a Cathe Live Legs, Barre, & Ball but didn't do the Ball portion because I needed to do some painting. Tonight will be arms.

Janie - Constantly doing things keeps us moving so at least you were active :) Great work on the cardio and walk.

Michelle - Happy birthday to Toby! I can't believe he's a year! I hope he heals quickly and isn't too sad with down time. KickMax is one of my favorites!

Laura - So sorry about her cat, know they are together enjoying cuddles again! Great work on those hard workouts, MMA Fusion is a tough one!

Cindy

Today was a really busy day too, but I knew I couldn't get away with not working out twice in a row. So I did a 30/30, short and fast. I will work on Full body weights tomorrow. I have all day to myself.

Cindy, Great job on Live Legs, Barre, & Ball minus the Ball portion. Enjoy tonight's exercise.

Laura, I just want to say that I do crematory ashes infused in glass. I make necklaces, zipper pulls, bookmarks. It helps people grieve with their loved ones or fur ones close by or keep them close to their hearts. Let me know if I can help in that way.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Beautiful spring weather here in Virginia. Toby is not limping as much. Sure is hard to keep a 12 month golden retriever "inactive." And my aunt is doing better--as soon as a stepdown room is available, she will be moved out of the ICU. Yesterday was Tabatacize (all 5!) and today was Lean Legs and Abs.

Laura: so sorry that you have lost Sophia's cat. It is hard enough to lose a pet but I know this is extra hard for you. I don't know if you realize that YOU are a connection to Sophia. She came from you and will always be connected to you and to Eliza. When you are alone and missing Sophia, give yourself a hug and remember that a part of Sophia is still with you.

Kathy: hope you are doing okay. Starting to worry a little about you.

Waves to Cindy.
Michelle

Did a 45 min. total body free weights.

Michelle, Glad Toby is not limping as much. You have your work cut out for you. Really glad to hear your Aunt is getting out of ICU. Great job on Tabatacize. What? All 5! You are amazing girly girl! Good for you! And for doing Lean Legs and Abs.

Kathe Sis, I'm sure missing my sis in cyberspace. Are you OK?

Take care,

Janie

Tuesday I did Low Impact Trisets Upper, I really liked it :) Last night was X10 Fat Burn and tonight I'll do a Hiit workout. I've been busy cleaning, packing, and preparing for Dave and I to be gone for the weekend to celebrate our Anniversary. I'm taking tomorrow off so I'll go see Lucas at Tumbling and join Lily and Brodie for lunch before we leave - my parents will be watching the kids for us. I'm bummed that we're missing a local Tae Kwon Do Tournament for Brodie :( We'll have fun but I hate to miss activities for the kids. We will be doing yoga on Saturday but Friday is too busy so that will be my off day.

Janie - Awesome job on the workouts! Hope you enjoyed your day to yourself, those are so rare :)

Michelle - Glad Toby is doing better :) Nice workouts, they are very similar to what I've been doing.

Kathy - Thinking about you and hope all is well

Laura - Waves :)

Cindy

Hauling leaves, 50lb. dirt and gardening, raking. I think this is called a workout! Went jamming as we do every Thursday. Tomorrow is singing and play guitar at the retirement center.

Cindy, Great job on Tues. LIT, Upper. And for last night X10 Fat Burn. OMG! Happy Anniversary. How many years? Sounds like a lot of fun watching Lucas at Tumbling and joiing Lily and Brodie for lunch. I would be bummed too if I couldn't watch Brodie's tournament.

Kathy Sis, Think of you every day. xoxo

Take care,

Janie

Looks like I missed a lot! Super busy with school. We had two field trips this week which interfered with two days of working out... still doing better than I was though

Finished Week 4 of Meso Cycle 1 last week and did Cardio Core circuit. I had to modify. I had been dreading doing CCC since it is so tough but ended up getting a good endorphin rush from it!

Janie make sure to use good body mechanics with hauling such heavy loads! This is why its so important to stay strong!!
Michelle: yes we got about 6 inches in Boulder but it melted quickly, the mountains were pounded though and I did not miss being up there for that!
Cindy: Happy Anniversary!!! Have fun and be safe

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.