Getting Our Licks In!

This ones for you Laura: Went bike riding with my Joey and while I was going straight and he was turning right we collided. He was my hero, while we were falling (in slow motion) Joey kept me balanced so I wouldn't fall, however he did. Luckily we didn't get hurt. No scratches, maybe a bruise or two. Whew! Tonight was Supercut. Love these oldies.

Take care Laura, hugs and prayers your way xoxo.

Janie

I find it difficult to write about the minor victories of life while a friend grieves a loss. But I get the feeling that Laura and her daughters wouldn't want us coming to a stand still in grief. But to celebrate life and it's minor trials, tribulations and victories. So with that thought in mind I will forge on in the spirit of forum check-in.

I finished STS, mesocycle 3. Had my rest day yesterday, and will tackle Party Rockin 1 today. Also watched X10 in its entirety. Looks intense. I've only done a few of those back in the late Fall before doing P90X and STS. I don't think I will be taking a week off from lifting weights like Cathe suggests after every mesocycle. I don't want to loss the muscle growth and gains. In another week I leave for Boone, North Carolina for a week long music class. Five days of learning and making music and I'm not sure how much time I will have on my hands for exercise. I'll download some DVDs onto my IPad and seek out the university gym. Music classes are active but it's still not the same as an hour of cardio or weights or both.

Janie, I'm glad you are OK and I hope DH heals quickly from the bike fall.

I hope everyone is doing well. Keep getting your licks in.

Renee

Will post later on my workouts.

Memorial for Sophia DuBose, 13: 'She wants you to live and dance and love and skip'

Renee, I too found it unbelievably difficult to post. For me I want to dedicate my workouts to Laura and her family for awhile. My heart is breaking for her. And I so agree with you that Laura wouldn't want us to stop.

Congratulations for finishing STS mesocycle 3. You did good! Listen to your body during the week off and go from there. A Music class? How exciting! What music will you be learning and making?

Janie

Last edited:
It does feel weird to post. I'm thinking maybe Laura is finding it hard to get her licks in right now. I hope, Laura, that you do take time to exercise--and to cry, and to remember that you were blessed with a loving, viibrant daughter, and to hug Eliza as often as you need to. So we will keep you in our hearts while we exercise everyday--sending our energy and love your way to hopefully help you find peace.

For me, yesterday was CrossTrain Express All Step cardio and abs with XTRAIN bonus shoulders. Today was IMAX2.

Michelle

Michelle, Great job on Cross Train Express All Step Cardio and abs with XTrain bounu shoulders and for doing IMAX2. Good for you.

Today is my rest day. Been working on this drawing for awhile. Here it is: Called "Out Of The Dust".
409595934.jpg

Take care everyone,

Janie

Today was Pyramid upper body from the intensity series. Watched the Nats baseball game with my sweet DH. Hope everyone is doing well. ((((HUGS)))) to Laura. Thinking of you often and keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Michelle

Laura, Thinking of you and your family as well. Hugs and prayers your way.

Michelle, Great job on Pyramid Upper Body. Isn't it nice to sit around with hubby?

Take care,

Janie

Good Monday!

Today I did Cardio Leg Blast. My personal workout diary says I did this workout a couple of times in January of 2013. I don't remember ever doing it, but I wouldn't have written it down if it wasn't so. Weird, that I don't remember that one! It was totally kick a$$! I loved it! Thinking I'll stick with X-train one more day and do Burn Sets for bi's & tri's. I did chest, back and shoulders yesterday and got good DOMS from it.

I watched most, but not all, Wolf on Wall street. Eh, not overly into it. Will try the Secret Life of Walter Mitty tonight. Hopefully that will be better.

Hope every one has a super week.

Renee

4DS Kickbox in its entirety this morning. It was a long one, 70 minutes. Not sure why exercise seems harder on Monday morning but it does. First day in our new office building. This morning traffic was nonexistent, same this evening so the drive in and home was like a dream. New building is nice. Will take a while to get familiar with where everyone is but my office is unpacked and organized. Pictures of hubby and pups are up; have not checked out the fitness room yet. I'm at Quantico tomorrow all day, so that will have to wait until later in the week.

Hope everyone started their week well.
Michelle

Went to walk the beach twice today and spent about an hour and a half there. Then tonight was dancing for about an hour.

Renee, Great job on Cardio Leg Blast. Like your decision sticking with XTrain another day to do Burn Sets for bi's and tri's. Also for doing yesterday's chest, back and shoulders. Congrats on the DOM's. Good for you!

Michelle, Great job on 4DS Kickbox in its entirety this morning. Wow! Hey how exciting about the new building and almost nonexistent traffic. And for getting your space in the office organized.

Take care,

Janie

6-10-14

I've been thinking of Laura every day. Janie Sis thank you for posting Sofia's memorial. Just beautiful. Hugs & prayers go out to Laura & family.

Saturday I did KCM's Muscle Up chest/back & Rapid Fire #1 abs from Susan Chung. I only needed to use the band for the chest as this is where the pain originates. Used my 25's for back work. Sunday was AOLIC just the floorwork as I wanted to get to the beach before noon. What a glorious day it was. Saturday night had fun at the fair where my DH performed. Last night was KCM's Muscle Up Legs/Glutes + Lower Body Blast floorwork. Yowza! That was a great finisher to all the heavy weights for legs.

Tonight I'm supposed to go to the doctor but if it turns out that my x-rays aren't in yet then I'll reschedule my appointment. I hope to get in some cardio tonight. Thinking of Turbo Fire 45 Class. Haven't done that one in a while.

Renee: Glad you did Cardio Leg Blast as I just love that one. How's the music class coming along?

Michelle: Love 4DS workouts. Great job on doing that one in its entirety. I gather your commute to the new office is taking you less time to get there. Jealous. I wish mine were.

Take care,
Kathy

I feel like I've been gone too long, I'm so saddened right now to have just read about the horrors Laura is living through. Laura my heart is breaking for you and I wish I could turn back time and bring your sweet girl back, it's not fair and I can't imagine what you're going through. Know I'm sending you all my strength, love, and prayers.

Janie - Thank you so much for sharing the Memorial, what a beautiful article and words from those she's touched.

I too am struggling with posting. My licks have been hit and miss while preparing for a garage sale last Saturday (made about $225 which was great since I marked things cheap) but I did Tabatacise 1-5 and Kickboxing so far this week. Tonight is Hiit 30/30. Dave has his 1/2 marathon on Saturday in West Yellowstone and we're renting a house with some friends and taking a 4 day weekend. I really need a break from work, this place is pushing me to my limits! I do have a brag, last night I was playing in the backyard with the kids and Lily was doing cheer practice and I did a cartwheel. I haven't done a cartwheel since High School and I was so excited I gave it a try and was able to do it. I felt like a kid showing off my skills once Dave got home :)

Kathy - So sorry to hear about the arthritis, that's one thing I am dreading if it hits me like it has my mom and my grandma. Hopefully you can get to the doctor tonight.

Janie - Love the drawing! Enjoy some beach time for me, I feel like I need to feel some warm sand between my toes! I am loving my Pilates class, she's a great instructor and really gets me to focus on working my core with my flexibility in ways I don't usually think about. My butt seems to always be sore afterwards too!

Michelle - A fitness room at work sounds lovely! I wish we had that :) 4DS kickbox always feels long to me and I agree Monday's get hard!

Renee - The music classes sound like they will be wonderful, I would keep getting my licks in now also since time away always throws a wrench into things.

Cindy

Last edited:
Walked the beach with Rolly and Taco for an hour and a half. I found some wood that looked odd, so I picked it up and it looks just like...well you tell me. LOL A picture is worth a thousand words don't you think?
409609598.jpg

Kathy Sis, I think of Laura everyday too. It's just so sad.:( Great job on Sat. for KCM's Muscle Up chest, back and Rapid Fire #1 abs from Susan Chung. I hope you can find something to help with your discomfort. Also for Sun. AOLIC floorwork. Glad you took the time to get on that beach and enjoy yourself. And for last nights KCM's Muscle Up Legs/Glutes and lower Body Blast floorwork. Good for you! Nothing is keeping you down!

Cindy, Hit and miss is better than nothing. You'll get back, just concentrate on doing that. Col about your garage sale and making some extra cash. That's always nice. Great job on Tabatacise 1-5, WOW! Enjoy your 4 day weekend with friends in West Yellowstone. Lucky you. Congrat on your cartwheel. I tried it too but fell on my butt. It's hard now! You still got it girl! I'm glad you are enjoying your instructor in the Pilates class.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
6-11-14

Last night went to the doctor & everything's fine w/thumb & shoulder. Thank goodness. I just need physical therapy. Managed to do a workout which was Turbo Fire 60 Class. Fun, fun workout! I just love Chalene Johnson. Tonight will be KCM's Muscle Up shoulders & arms + 21DF 10 Min. abs. I'll have to use tubing for now instead of dbs but its still good.

Cindy: Great hearing from you. Hit & miss is just fine. Just do what you can. The garage sale was a big success for you. Were you able to get in on the preorder yet of Cathe's new dvds? Enjoy your long weekend in West Yellowstone w/friends & good luck to Dave on his marathon! Your workouts have been intense for sure & congrats on that cartwheel. I can't do them at all.

Janie Sis: I'll have to view the picture of your latest doodle & of course can't view the picture of the wood. :( Walking the beach is so calming & relaxing. Here in NY we've had nothing but rain & more rain. However, weatherman is predicting total sunshine for the weekend. I'll for sure hit the beach again on Sunday!

Take care,
Kathy

Last night I did a ZWOW Hiit workout, it seemed easy at first and wasn't so much half way through! I'm starting to feel it in my legs today too! Tonight will be Athletic Training.

Janie - That is one interesting piece of wood! Great job on the walk.

Kathy - So happy to hear everything is fine with your thumb and shoulder, what a relief and so nice that you can use tubing. I am waiting to see if Dave does the pre-order for my birthday at the end of the month, if not then I'll pre-order it right away!

Cindy

Lots of walking on the beach with doggies.

Kathy Sis, SO RELIEVED you are going to be OK. And doing physical therapy will manage your symptoms. Yea! Great job on Turbo Fire 60 Class. Enjoy the sunshine when it arrives.

Cindy, When is your birthday? Great job on ZWOW Hiit workout. Good for you!

Take care,

Janie

6-12-14

Last night was KCM's Muscle Up Shoulders & Arms. Didn't feel like doing abs. Used my tubing. Its so easy w/the tubing. I had to use 10# dbs for tricep extensions but other than that I used the tubing.

Tonight I'll work my abs doing 21DF 10 Min. Abs + Cathe's Extended Stretch. My body needs it.

Cindy: Those ZWOW workouts are TOUGH aren't they? I can't do Zuzka right now due to my shoulder. I had to abandon her kettlebell workouts too for now. You did great w/HIIT. Have fun w/AT.

Janie Sis: Envious of all your walks on the beach. Didn't get a chance to view the wood picture or your doodle. Had too much to do last night. Hope I can still view them.

Monday is my physical therapy session. Can't wait to get started. Hoping I'll be on the mend soon. Thx Janie & Cindy!

Take care,
Kathy

My first four days of exercise after STS were challenging and fun. I did Party Rockin 1, Xtrain burn sets for chest, shoulders and back, Xtrain cardio leg blast and then Xtrain burn sets for bi's and tri's. Kicked butt and had DOMS big time. Day 5 and 6 (today) I went easy, with Cardio & Weights timesaver cardio and today Basic Step. I am so glad I have a rest day tomorrow.

I'm getting ready for my class next week. I bought cat food and litter so the cats will be well fed. A neighbor who is cat crazy and does pet sitting is taking care of my babies. She is okay with texts/calls for updates. I went to my school today to pick up my laptop for the class, also my favorite recorder. I have some recorders at home, but I do have a favorite. Looks like I will be very active next week. Which is good. I learn better by moving, dancing, singing...just like I teach better doing those things. Go figure! I downloaded all 3 MMA shock Cardios and HiiT Pyramid. I will be in an air conditioned dorm with a small microwave and fridge. So I plan on taking my healthy food choices in a cooler, plus my whey protein and Magic Bullet blender. I really hope this a productive learning experience and bring back some new ideas for school next year.

School next year...no budget has been passed in Virginia...nobody has signed a contract for next year. There are so many cutbacks in public education, it has a lot of us wondering if we will start on time. The county is considering a furlough for the 12 month employees starting July 1. It's a mess. I wonder how much longer I can stay in this profession. I truly enjoy what I do, but the politics and BS, and no raises, or if there is a raise, it gets swallowed up by health care costs or something else. It's frustrating.

Kathy, how did you hurt your shoulder? I forget. PT is a wonderful thing. OK, I hated it, but did it because I wanted my mobility back. Three years later, I'm as good as I ever was. Mine was a knee injury...I was grumpy human. It's during that time that I quit checking in here. I do not make a good patient but I was determined to get back to good form. Though I thought at times it would never happen.

Janie, that piece of wood was silly. Made me laugh.

Sister is working too hard. Long days. She needs a puppy, AND a vacation. Keep your fingers crossed that the golden Mama dog gets pregnant in the next couple of weeks. Then, hopefully by November, Michelle will have a new puppy.

Friday is almost here! Hang in there everybody. Stay strong.

Renee

It has been a busy week. A couple of long days at Quantico. Missed exercising on Tuesday and Wednesday--just had to get going too early and then finished with the work day too late. Did LIS Low Impact Challenge yesterday and Muscle Max today. The weight work was really good today. I feel much better but I haven't taken my shower yet so I'm kind of stinky.

Cindy: If your workouts have been hit and miss and you are getting through all of Tabatacise then I'm doubly impressed. I hope you enjoy your four days of relaxation with your family.

Kathy: good news on the thumb and shoulder. Glad to hear that you just need physical therapy for them.

Janie: do an extra lap with the pups for me. Lord knows I sure was wishing I had a four-legged furry baby waiting at home for me last night after work. My DH had to step in and give lots of hugs. It was just one of those days, yesterday.

Sister: good news, the General Assembly sent a budget to the Governor last night. They did that FAST. Now he just needs to sign the dang thing.

Here's to a nice weekend for everyone--cheers!
Michelle

Rained today so no beach walking. Tonight was Supercuts, total body workout. Played Hallelujah with the guitar. I'm slow but not too bad. Singing sucks, but I guess that will take time too. Sigh. My fingers are so numb yet they hurt (well, uncomfortable feeling). Does that make any sense? Such a challenge to learn to play guitar, but I love it. I really want to play piano too, but have to master one instrument at a time first. Maybe to singing the scales on the piano will help a little for my voice. It's really bad. Thinking also on drawing a guitar on a stand and having music notes come out of the hole part going up and behind the guitar on both sides, in the shape of a heart. Hmmm, can't help it, art is calling me too.

Kathy Sis, Great job on KCM's Muscle Up Shoulders & Arms. You will feel mush better once you start physical therapy. Let us know how it goes on Monday.

Renee, Great job on Party Rockin 1, Xtrain burn sets for chest, shoulders and back, XTrain cardio leg blast and burn sets for bis and tri's. Congrats on you DOM's you worked hard on getting them. Also great job on day 5 & 6 with Cardio & Weights timesaver cardio and Basic Step. Enjoy your rest day tomorrow. Sounds like you have planned everything from taking care of your babies to exercises to nutrition to bringing some new ideas to school next year. My sister is also a teacher and she's thinking about retiring early. She too has issues with the teaching and the politics. Sad... I agree Michelle needs a puppy, it's time. Fingers and toes are crossed.

Michelle, Sometimes things just don't workout for working out. Great job on LIS Low Impact Challenge yesterday and MM today. I get those days as well, Maybe by Nov. you will have your wish. (lots and lots of hugs too).

Take care,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.